Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa (14750 Views)

Presidency Denies Favouring North, Muslims In Appointments / Presidency Denies Rift Between Buhari, Tinubu / Nigeria Recalls Envoy to South Africa over Xenophobia attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by 1stola: 10:55pm On Apr 27, 2015
Don4eva:
You keep quiet, Nigerian government has started repatriation of its citizens and negotiating compensation plans for those whose businesses were affected. So shut up. You are more clueless than I thought you are
I no blame u
Your moniker says it all
DONDEE FOR EVER sad
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by ijustdey: 10:59pm On Apr 27, 2015
14:

MY MAN, if you got some much to loose, you accept guilt. Being tough towards SA companies send wrong message to potential investors, they all run away.
There is so much at stake, we can all make noise on the web, but people in authority know better

They knows better and they did allow it to degenerate to this point
They know better and the person that spark up the violence wasn't caution or call to order..
They allow it to get out of hand that Israel have to deny the SA envoy entry to their land
They know and we see police forces encouraging it

Pls we all know the amount of hate SA had for the other African brothers
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by MzansiBeat: 10:59pm On Apr 27, 2015
I GOT A BETTER IDEA; WHY NOT TAKE YOUR FAKE OILY DOLLARS AND SHOVE THEM WHERE THE SUN DOES NOT SHINE

dre11:

Maybe you need to ask MTN when the first begin business here on how much the milked the Nigerian populace before glo came on board

Keep boasting up and down..... We know how much oil dollars we spent to free you guys
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by morpheus24: 11:01pm On Apr 27, 2015
14:

go to their website and check their financial report. Based on the bilateral agreement signed between nigeria and SA, companies investing in africa are immuned from paying tax remittance. google agreement signed in 2013 in cape town. I dont just write staff up without facts my man.

I don't need to read it, common sense would entail that a Double taxation policy or tax shelter would be in effect, where the governments recognizes the taxes paid by an indigenous company to a Foreign state thereby reducing the tax burden in its home country or vice versa.

The company is INDIRECTLY taxed regardless as far as its operations are concerned but is not taxed DIRECTLY on profits.

Let me break it down to you like this. A spaza shop owner does not pay direct taxes on his profits to the government however in order to operate he will pay permits to setup shop, He will pay rent, he will pay electricity , he will pay for movment of goods , he will pay to setup his shop, he will pay for transportation to and fro his shop, he will pay to feed his family, He will buy food to eat etc etc etc!!!

Market capitalization only reflects how much in the market place a company is worth which does not include its SALES OR TOTAL ASSESTS but more or less its stock price!

Shikena!
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by 14(m): 11:01pm On Apr 27, 2015
morpheus24:

MR economics, so market cap now translates to Sales, profits or income statement.

Tell MTN to remove profits it makes from Nigeria and see what happens to its Market cap!

Olodo

Market cap is what the company is worth, just like Dangote, he is worth $14billion, that does not mean he has $14billion in his bank account, he could be having less than $1billion in his bank account, hence he still goes and borrows money to expand his business.

With regardbto mtn, even if they remove the profit they make in Nigetia, its not like they will close shops the next day. They still make lots of money world wide.
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by dre11(m): 11:02pm On Apr 27, 2015
MzansiBeat:
[s]I GOT A BETTER IDEA; WHY NOT TAKE YOUR FAKE OILY DOLLARS AND SHOVE THEM WHERE THE SUN DOES NOT SHINE[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by morpheus24: 11:04pm On Apr 27, 2015
14:

Market cap is what the company is worth, just like Dangote, he is worth $14billion, that does not mean he has $14billion in his bank account, he could be having less than $1billion in his bank account, hence he still goes and borrows money to expand his business.
With regardbto mtn, even if they remove the profit they make in Nigetia, its not like they will close shops the next day. They still make lots of money world wide.

its like saying if you remove every KFC shop in South Africa this will not affect the companies balance sheet, stock price and ergo its Market Cap.

****Shaking my head again****

You are lucky I no be PResido, I for show you mathematics here now!
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by dre11(m): 11:06pm On Apr 27, 2015
14:

maybe you need to go to their website and check their financial report, then you will wake up from this scary dream.

MTN has operations in more than 30 countries, you see its not a small company, with a market cap of $40Billion.
multichoice have operations in 42 countries, they make less than 10% of NASPERS profit, which has Market cap of roughly $100Billion
SABMILLER has operations world wide, with market cap of $100Billion
SASOL, which operates in 36 countries world wide, with a market cap of $34Billion. Its building a catalytic cracker plant in the USA at a cost of $20Billion
You can google if you dispute those facts
Nigeria cannot hurt South Africa economically. Our companies are global companies.

Am still telling you the dollars you make here you can compare it with what you make in other countries even your own country inclusive
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by 14(m): 11:06pm On Apr 27, 2015
morpheus24:

I don't need to read it, common sense would entail that a Double taxation policy or tax shelter would be in effect, where the governments recognizes the taxes paid by an indigenous company to a Foreign state thereby reducing the tax burden in its home country or vice versa.

The company is INDIRECTLY taxed regardless as far as its operations are concerned but is not taxed DIRECTLY on profits.

Let me break it down to you like this. A spaza shop owner does not pay direct taxes on his profits to the government however in order to operate he will pay permits to setup shop, He will pay rent, he will pay electricity , he will pay for movment of goods , he will pay to setup his shop, he will pay for transportation to and fro his shop, he will pay to feed his family, He will buy food to eat etc etc etc!!!

Market capitalization only reflects how much in the market place a company is worth which does not include its SALES OR TOTAL ASSESTS but more or less its stock price!

Shikena!

Read paragraph 2:
http://www.southafrica.info/africa/nigeria-080513b.htm#.VT6yS326Jcs
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by Don4eva(m): 11:07pm On Apr 27, 2015
1stola:

I no blame u
Your moniker says it all
DONDEE FOR EVER sad
Young shall grow, you'll grow up one day
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by morpheus24: 11:08pm On Apr 27, 2015
14:

Read paragraph 2:
http://www.southafrica.info/africa/nigeria-080513b.htm#.VT6yS326Jcs

I am guessing you skipped the analogy of the Spaza shop owner in my previous write up eh!!
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by dre11(m): 11:09pm On Apr 27, 2015
tcaandrew:
kia johnathan I tire 4ur matter do comot 4 road make we see road

By 29th May.......

We will be saved any form if embarrassment againgrin
Just like we now seeing in the audit report released out that irk out corruption
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by 14(m): 11:10pm On Apr 27, 2015
dre11:

Am still telling you the dollars you make here you can compare it with what you make in other countries even your own country inclusive

Yes, mtn makes $2.56Billion in SA and $2.5Billion in Nigeria. Financial results from IRAN not included due to sunctions.
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by MzansiBeat: 11:11pm On Apr 27, 2015
Seeing you are so obsessed with SA so much, ask your people to stop stealing oil money and build your country. Do you think if you get obsessed with SA BokoHaram will just disappear, think again. The issue with Israel has got nothing to do with attack on foreigners. You selective reading is disgusting angry

ijustdey:

They knows better and they did allow it to degenerate to this point
They know better and the person that spark up the violence wasn't caution or call to order..
They allow it to get out of hand that Israel have to deny the SA envoy entry to their land
They know and we see police forces encouraging it

Pls we all know the amount of hate SA had for the other African brothers
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by MzansiBeat: 11:16pm On Apr 27, 2015
TYPICAL CHEST BEATING - GOOD - FOR - NOTHING - SLOB grin
dre11:

Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by dre11(m): 11:18pm On Apr 27, 2015
14:

Yes, mtn makes $2.56Billion in SA and $2.5Billion in Nigeria. Financial results from IRAN not included due to sunctions.

Humour me another liecheesy

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by babzlim(m): 11:19pm On Apr 27, 2015
Does anyone have the helpline for Nigerians stock in South Africa, my brother just escaped death without his travelling Document, Pls Help.
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by MzansiBeat: 11:21pm On Apr 27, 2015
ARE YOU HIGH ON DRUGS

iretiland:
[s]The combination of a brainless/shameless GEJ and Abati with complete lack of personal integrity & zero dignity is the worst Nigeria will ever witness. What a SLEAZY govt of the worst kind. From Abati's denial of luxurious car by PEG for Africa's first ladies to Moroccoan king/ambassadorial withdrawer to South African arms money, and now this SA ambassadorial recall U turn again. Who told this people that life is nollywood. This is as bad as it gets for a nation and except for their likes who are happy to celebrate mediocrity of the highest order, no organized set of humans should allow this bunch run any of their affairs. In fact they need help to run their own lives.
[/s]
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by dre11(m): 11:21pm On Apr 27, 2015
MzansiBeat:
[s]TYPICAL CHEST BEATING - GOOD - FOR - NOTHING - SLOB[/s] grin

What is this Xenophobia homo-sapiens doing on my lane angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by MustyDanYaro: 11:29pm On Apr 27, 2015
Clayson Monyela the South African dude who wrote this thrash on behalf of South Africa probably missed the diplomacy class where the difference between being 'summoned for consultations' and 'recall of envoy' was discussed.

Referring to the Chibok girls and boko haram is illogical in this context. This makes his response childish, and not what you will expect from a representative of a foreign government.

He also lied that it took 9 months to repatriate the bodies from Lagos! The collapse of the synagogue guesthouse was in September 2014, bodies were repatriated in December 2014 (about 9 weeks).

That dude needs lessons in diplomacy and arithmetics.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by MzansiBeat: 11:36pm On Apr 27, 2015
LOOK AT THEM SELF RIGHTEOUS CHEST BEATERS; BOKO HARAM HAVE JUST KILLED 21 OF YOUR PEOPLE WHILST THE FULANI'S HAVE MASSACRED 40 VILLAGERS, BUT YOU STILL HAVE TIME TO VOMIT HATRED AGAINST SA.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by seppuku: 11:46pm On Apr 27, 2015
MustyDanYaro:
Clayson Monyela the South African dude who wrote this thrash on behalf of South Africa probably missed the diplomacy class where the difference between being 'summoned for consultations' and 'recall of envoy' was discussed.
Referring to the Chibok girls and boko haram is illogical in this context. This makes his response childish, and not what you will expect from a representative of a foreign government.
He also lied that it took 9 months to repatriate the bodies from Lagos! The collapse of the synagogue guesthouse was in September 2014, bodies were repatriated in December 2014 (about 9 weeks).

Guy just the boys body language shows XENOPHOBIA written all over it. I am wondering who gave him that position he is holding.
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by seppuku: 11:53pm On Apr 27, 2015
MzansiBeat:
LOOK AT THEM SELF RIGHTEOUS CHEST BEATERS; BOKO HARAM HAVE JUST KILLED 21 OF YOUR PEOPLE WHILST THE FULANI'S HAVE MASSACRED 40 VILLAGERS, BUT YOU STILL HAVE TIME TO VOMIT HATRED AGAINST SA.

We denounce all terrorists and violators of Human rights. This includes BOko HARAM, FULANI TERRORISTS AND SOUTH AFRICAN XENOPHOBES!

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by ijustdey: 11:55pm On Apr 27, 2015
MzansiBeat:
Seeing you are so obsessed with SA so much, ask your people to stop stealing oil money and build your country. Do you think if you get obsessed with SA BokoHaram will just disappear, think again. The issue with Israel has got nothing to do with attack on foreigners. You selective reading is disgusting angry

You must be dump to have said that....

Just know, your president did said this.......

'South Africans are full of anger' - SA President, Jacob Zuma

http://pulse.ng/world/xenophobic-attacks-south-africans-are-full-of-anger-sa-president-jacob-zuma-id3704085.html
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by MustyDanYaro: 12:03am On Apr 28, 2015
seppuku:

Guy just the boys body language shows XENOPHOBIA written all over it. I am wondering who gave him that position he is holding.

He probably got it thru Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE).

That's the South African quota system where blacks are employed first even when there are other colored, indian, or white south african candidates more qualified than the black candidate.
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by MduZA: 12:47am On Apr 28, 2015
MustyDanYaro:

I sympathize with you guys...your leaders always keep you in darkness that's why many of you expose how ill informed you are about events unfolding in your country and internationally ..
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by MduZA: 1:11am On Apr 28, 2015
ijustdey:

You must be dump to have said that....

Just know, your president did said this.......

'South Africans are full of anger' - SA President, Jacob Zuma

http://pulse.ng/world/xenophobic-attacks-south-africans-are-full-of-anger-sa-president-jacob-zuma-id3704085.html

yeah,in SA we call spade a spade...he got a big round of applause for saying that...if it was your president who made similar utterances to Nigerians,you would be all crucifying him...
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by DammyOlu123(m): 1:42am On Apr 28, 2015
Imagine!!! Even after a statement was released by the government, asking our diplomats to come back, you come out to release this cowardly statement. Chai. No wonder the South Africans treats us wit such disdain.
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by nagoma(m): 6:10am On Apr 28, 2015
No matter what , you sometime have to listen to Mugabe;

Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by MzansiBeat: 8:10am On Apr 28, 2015
He knows better. Unfortunately the same cannot be said of you who behave themselves like lil spoilt kids.

magine!!! Even after a statement was released by the government, asking our diplomats to come back, you come out to release this cowardly statement. Chai. No wonder the South Africans treats us wit such disdain. [/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dalington Udeh Thugs Disrupt NASSLAF Inauguration / Tell Julius Berger To Get Serious On Lagos-ota-abeokuta Expressway — Motorists / Kogi Election: Governor Bello Hosts Faleke In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.