Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa (14747 Views)

Presidency Denies Favouring North, Muslims In Appointments / Presidency Denies Rift Between Buhari, Tinubu / Nigeria Recalls Envoy to South Africa over Xenophobia attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by Mariojane(f): 10:24am On Apr 28, 2015
why are you all talking like dis? do you knw what must have happen before a country withdraw their envoy from another country? wht is happening in south Africa does not worth that. the envoys need to be their to ensure the safety of their people. South Africans are fo.ols.

funny enough, anytime i watch the apartheid in South Africa movies i do shed tears and white irritates me for their inhuman act.

they should face the real foreigners not their brodas. cos we are the same people they will run to tomorrow if the whites start any trouble.
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by 14(m): 10:27am On Apr 28, 2015
DammyOlu123:
Imagine!!! Even after a statement was released by the government, asking our diplomats to come back, you come out to release this cowardly statement. Chai. No wonder the South Africans treats us wit such disdain.

Was that statement sent to SA representative, a big NO. SA government was never told anything.
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by ijustdey: 10:35am On Apr 28, 2015
MduZA:

yeah,in SA we call spade a spade...he got a big round of applause for saying that...if it was your president who made similar utterances to Nigerians,you would be all crucifying him...

says who.....

when our president said stealing isn't corruption, am sure you knew how people went for his head.
if our President was sincere about what he felt... nobody who crucify him..... we believe in calling a spade a spade and not a farm implement
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by 14(m): 10:39am On Apr 28, 2015
morpheus24:

its like saying if you remove every KFC shop in South Africa this will not affect the companies balance sheet, stock price and ergo its Market Cap.

****Shaking my head again****

You are lucky I no be PResido, I for show you mathematics here now!

I never disagreed with you, it depends on the contribution business in Nigeria make. If for example MTN Nigeria make up 20% of MTN, for sure MTN market value will drop by 20%, that does not neccesarily mean they wont make money, the profit margins will drop of course. But will thst force MTN close shops? No.

It seems many here on Nairaland dont understand or have misconception about SA companies. The general feeling it seems, is SA Companies make their 80% profit in Nigeria. "if we nationalise them, they will close shops" its far from reality.
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by ENDTIMES: 10:44am On Apr 28, 2015
This is a government of forward and backwards, always denying its actions. Not a single certainty in any single thing, not even sure of the location of the first lady of Nigeria.

Can't wait for May 29
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by 14(m): 10:49am On Apr 28, 2015
morpheus24:

I am guessing you skipped the analogy of the Spaza shop owner in my previous write up eh!!

I did not want to lecture you on SA tax system, after reading, i realised you were clueless about it, but i understood since you are not a local, you cannot know everything about other country, hence i did not focus on it.
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by 14(m): 10:55am On Apr 28, 2015
nagoma:

No matter what , you sometime have to listen to Mugabe;

Mugabe must focus on fixing his own country, if Zimbabwe was doing well, we would not have 3 million illegal zimbabweans in SA, thats a burden to SA. Obama warn SA about zimbabwe problem, its just that we did not listen.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by 14(m): 11:02am On Apr 28, 2015
ENDTIMES:
This is a government of forward and backwards, always denying its actions. Not a single certainty in any single thing, not even sure of the location of the first lady of Nigeria.

Can't wait for May 29

Had they notified SA government, it would have been much better, but it seems there was no communication between the 2 countries, hence SA was left asking themselves so many questions. It only hit home, when Nigeria realised the quencequencies of its actions, then they had to do damage control. So much at stake here.
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by lolly2pops: 11:30am On Apr 28, 2015
1stola:
#SouthAfricansfreeforeignersNOW!
Jona matter too dey tire person sef. This dunce should just fùck off already angry
Losing an election is not supposed to make you to continue to be loose.
You have been very insensitive to what is currently happening in South Africa.
It is very barbaric.
This is a very serious issue and we ought to take a very drastic step.
Zimbabweans have been protesting.
They have stopped playing all South African music on their radio.
Kenyans have been protesting, Somalians too.
What has Nigerians been doing? Mind you, Nigeria have the most population there, esp the Ibos. I, personally know two Ibo men and one has been seriously affected. They have big investments there and these bastards are just stealing from them and killing them in barbaric manner.
This is Genocide. It's not just now it started. South Africans are bittered lazy fucktárd xenophobias.
Can't we just rejected this senselessness?
>Issue an ultimatum.
>Send planes to bring back the Nigerians there safely.
>Close all their embassies.
>Stop all their businesses here (MTN, DSTV, SHOPRITE,
SPAR, STANBIC BANK E.T.C)
I can't just wait for May 29.

Hmmm, you know I was just reading President Jacob Zuma's response to a later written by one prominent Mozambican author and I could tell that he was trying hard not to sound insensitive, unkind and uncaring. He apologised for what has been a sore sight to many including South Africans like myself but at the end of his response he sad: "The citizens grievances can not be ignored as well." This just got me thinking and what came to my mind at first was: All these years SADEC migrants have been the biggest challenge for SA and the govt of the day has failed to address this either by engaging with the SADEC states involved or by making changes in the immigration act. Post 1994 there was no education in terms of making known to the citizens and the young generation the role and contribution that many African countries including Nigeria played in the liberation of SA. We did not see that also after the 2008 attacks which saw more than 60 dead including 22 South Africans. South Africans lived in isolation pre 1994 and one required a permit to move from one province to another. There were and there is still a lot of tribal divisions because of the tribal segregations created by the apartheid government. The neighbouring country Botswana has not seen such an influx of foreigners despite it having a good economy and one thing I attribute this to is their death penalty and tight immigration laws. SA basically has no barrier and people walk in from all sides making it difficult to manage. But what is annoying most is the mentality of some SA's on foreigners. Forget "they are taking our jobs" explanation. Smelly armpits, untidiness is some of the negative comments I hear from SA's about fellow brothers and sisters. The hatred can be felt most from the Zulu tribe, the tribe of the presiding President. Finally my view is that what is happening in SA today is one of the symptoms that portray Africa as a failure. It is NOT a South African problem but rather a continental problem. Leaders from other African states need to ask themselves why people are living their respective land for another? Let us hold whosoever we placed in power accountable as they take a break from looting.
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by lolly2pops: 11:34am On Apr 28, 2015
Mariojane:
why are you all talking like dis? do you knw what must have happen before a country withdraw their envoy from another country? wht is happening in south Africa does not worth that. the envoys need to be their to ensure the safety of their people. South Africans are fo.ols.

funny enough, anytime i watch the apartheid in South Africa movies i do shed tears and white irritates me for their inhuman act.

they should face the real foreigners not their brodas. cos we are the same people they will run to tomorrow if the whites start any trouble.

I am a South African and not a fool. I love my foreign brothers and sisters. I treat all with respect. I am hard working, God fearing and educated.
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by LasoulMacuby(m): 12:07pm On Apr 28, 2015
TOOTHLESS FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, MOST USELESS WORLDWIDE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by dongidora: 1:49pm On Apr 28, 2015
TRADELYN:
Even if it was true, SA's earlier statement about the matter is insensitive and annoying.

I would have advised Gen Buhari to ignore them, but as the wise people say, "Two wrongs don't make a right."
that's very true... Wisdom is needed on issues as sensitive as this

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 28, 2015
14:

I did not want to lecture you on SA tax system, after reading, i realised you were clueless about it, but i understood since you are not a local, you cannot know everything about other country, hence i did not focus on it.
Since when did the locals understand the workings of that society? Aren't you talking about those dirty half-unclothed Zulus? Jeez! I frown at that statement! Please, give me a break!
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 28, 2015
lolly2pops:
The hatred can be felt most from the Zulu tribe.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by seppuku: 3:42pm On Apr 28, 2015
14:

I never disagreed with you, it depends on the contribution business in Nigeria make. If for example MTN Nigeria make up 20% of MTN, for sure MTN market value will drop by 20%, that does not neccesarily mean they wont make money, the profit margins will drop of course. But will thst force MTN close shops? No.
It seems many here on Nairaland dont understand or have misconception about SA companies. The general feeling it seems, is SA Companies make their 80% profit in Nigeria. "if we nationalise them, they will close shops" its far from reality.

You are confused. No one said if you close MTN in Nigeria, MTN worldwide will stop running.

IF Nigeria makes up 20% of MTN's worldwide profits, that is a significant blow regardless. That's the power of numbers.

If Nigeria Nationalizes the company, bye bye to MTN majority control over the company which means the company is virtually a Nigerian owned company.

Where is the misconception here?
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by seppuku: 3:44pm On Apr 28, 2015
14:

Hogwash!
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by seppuku: 3:54pm On Apr 28, 2015
14:

Had they notified SA government, it would have been much better, but it seems there was no communication between the 2 countries, hence SA was left asking themselves so many questions. It only hit home, when Nigeria realised the quencequencies of its actions, then they had to do damage control. So much at stake here.

YOur BEE spokesperson is the culprit here. Because of his illiteracy in diplomatic tactics, Xenophobic tendencies and outright despise of Foreign nationals including Nigeria, his statement reflects his attitude.

How do you compare a building collapses or terrorist attacks to deliberate Xenophobic acts on Foreign nationals. Where does the ANC get this people from?

Pretoria - Government on Tuesday distanced itself from a scathing statement issued by international relations spokesman Clayton Monyela following the recall of Nigerian diplomats from Pretoria.

At a media briefing in Pretoria, Minister in the Presidency Jeff Radebe was asked to explain whether the strongly-worded statement issued by the department had assisted in mending bilateral relations with Abuja.

Radebe responded: “The interview yesterday is not an official position of the South African government.”

“Our relations with the Federal Republic of Nigeria are very cordial.”

Radebe was leading six government ministers addressing reporters on government’s response to attacks on foreign nationals.

Monyela on Sunday termed the decision to recall Nigeria’s acting high commissioner to Pretoria “unfortunate” and “regrettable”. His statement suggested that Nigeria’s decision was exploiting the xenophobic attacks in South Africa for an ulterior motive.

“If this action is based on the incidents of attacks on foreign nationals in some parts of our country, it would be curious for a sisterly country to want to exploit such a painful episode for whatever agenda,” it read.

Monyela added that South Africa wished to retain good relations with Nigeria, and that[b] it did not blame the Abuja government for the death of scores of South Africans in the collapse of an evangelical church in Lagos in September or the lengthy delays in the repatriation of the victims’ bodies.[/b]

He said Pretoria would not blame Abuja for the ravages of Boko Haram’s insurgency in northeast Nigeria.

“We shall continue to support and not blame the Nigerian government as it battles to deal with Boko Haram that continues to kill many innocent civilians. We hope that the more than 200 girls kidnapped by Boko Haram will someday be reunited with their families,” said the Dirco statement.

On Tuesday, Radebe insisted relations between South Africa and Nigeria were “very cordial” because President Jacob Zuma has an invitation to attend the swearing-in of president-elect Muhammadu Buhari.

“If you had a negative sentiment out of the statement that is not reflective of government’s position. We continue to have very good relations as I have indicated,” said Radebe.

“Our president has been invited to the inauguration of the incoming president. Diplomatic relations between the two countries exist and continue. We believe we will be moving from strength to strength.”

Nigeria’s acting high commissioner to South Africa Martin Cobham and the deputy high commissioner Uche Ajulu-Okeke were recalled on Saturday. They are expected to brief their Parliament on the xenophobic violence which has left at least seven people dead in South Africa

http://www.iol.co.za/news/africa/sa-tones-down-response-to-nigeria-1.1851297#.VT-YGsUo7cs
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by Mariojane(f): 12:03pm On Apr 29, 2015
lolly2pops:

I am a South African and not a fool. I love my foreign brothers and sisters. I treat all with respect. I am hard working, God fearing and educated.
interesting
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by kwametut: 12:10pm On Apr 30, 2015
The relations between nigeria and RSA were at their lowest during Jonathan term in office. Lowest in the history of these two countries. Am sure the relations will improve when Buhari takes office.
Re: Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa by kwametut: 12:21pm On Apr 30, 2015
Relations between nigeria under Obasanjo and RSA under Mbeki were better....same can be said under Mandela.

Things only got worse when GEJ took office and am sure S.A. will never help that sickly bastard. We know he goes to foreign hospitals for check ups. cheesy grin grin grin grin grin that sick motherfcker will never reach age 60 yrs. grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reps Stranded In Kano Airport As Airline Reschedules Flight ‘four Times’ / Humanitarian Ministry Paid Rural Women’s N300m Grant To 3 Ghost Names / Osinbajo Inaugurates Shoe-Manufacturing Hub In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.