Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities (67237 Views)

"Buhari Fights Corruption In NASS With Insecticide, Uses Deodorant At Executive" / Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me / You Can’t Determine How Buhari Fights Corruption – APC Replies PDP Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by AAinEqGuinea: 2:51am On Apr 28, 2015
-
Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by Nobody: 2:53am On Apr 28, 2015
That's not hate speeches.They only told the bitter truth.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by nortcentrallord(m): 2:56am On Apr 28, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
Payback's a bit.ch cool

Ait threw all ethics to the wind during the presidential campaign. They should emulate Channels tv.

M um u. It will soon get 2 you. What happened to freedom os speech and information? Freedom of association?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by kmariko: 3:03am On Apr 28, 2015
First they will bar or ban a News outlet ----payback time you will advance
Next they will force female reporters to cover their heads ---- president is of certain religious affliation you demur
Next they will force male reporters to grow long beards --- Presidents relgion has to be respected you argue
Next they will withhold states allocation on the premise of not allowing head scarfs in schools--- religious equality you advance.
Next they will withhold states allocation that prayers are not said in schools -- we are religious people you postulate
Next they will flog girls wearing pants and mini skirt --morality you will claim
Next they will jail men wearing jeans ---ditto morality
Next they will ban movies - morality they will employ
Next they will ban books except certain ones ---- you will question the need for books anyway.
Next they they will banish women from public spaces ---- you applude more controll for me
Then they will come for you.

It is never early to fight for your freedom. Compare Afghanistan before the 70s and now. Its because they never knew what freedom was until they lost it.

It is AIT today and what about you next week, next month or next year.....
Be afraid and really afraid

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by DInvertedHammer: 3:10am On Apr 28, 2015
/
GMB is a gentleman.

If you make mockery of my late wife during campaigns, my first duty as a president is to use a bulldozer on their complex after being sworn in.

Nonsense!
/

2 Likes

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by ibisko04: 3:14am On Apr 28, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
grin

I said it. APC and their general is still full of hate for the likes of AIT and others who exposed Buhari for who he truly is: A senile, certificateless and clueless dictator grin

Well, I have bad news for Buhari: this is democracy, you can't use Decree 4 as a weapon to suppress AIT and others for telling the truth grin. Deal with it and stop acting like a child smiley
AIT played too dirty in their games to run Buhari down. Professional ethics was not followed. If they get a ban from buhari activities, they deserve it.

3 Likes

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by DInvertedHammer: 3:17am On Apr 28, 2015
kmariko:
Next they will force female reporters to cover their heads ---- president is of certain religious affliation you demur
Next they will force male reporters to grow long beards --- Presidents relgion has to be respected you argue
Next they will withhold states allocation on the premise of not allowing head scarfs in schools--- religious equality you advance.
Next they will withhold states allocation that prayers are not said in schools -- we are religious people you postulate
Next they will flog girls wearing pants and mini skirt --morality you will claim
Next they will ban books except certain ones ---- you will question the need for books anyway.
Next they they will banish women from public spaces ---- you applude more controll for me

It is never early to fight for your freedom. Compare Afghanistan before the 70s and now. Its because they never knew what freedom was until they lost it.

/
Maybe that's what Nigeria needs because as it stands, Nigeria is very sick.

\

1 Like

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by ibisko04: 3:18am On Apr 28, 2015
kmariko:

Your observation is dead on arrival. When you see the truth say it as it is. Buhari will not disappoints Nigeria and Nigerians. The only people that will be disappointed are the criminals' in the system.

2 Likes

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by Billygee2u: 3:29am On Apr 28, 2015
ionsman:
Why are they covering him? He is an illiterate. They should leave him alone.Yeye dey smell.
And for all the mofos above me saying,"he hasnt entered,he is already banning the press", am sure if you were in his shoes,after everything AIT did, you will wine and dine with them. Bloody Hypocrites!!!
did GEJ ban any media house or arrest you all that are daily insulting him?
where is the freedom of the media?
buhari is now sending his a signal to the media to desist from attacking him,
Nija sorry you have entered one chance
Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by Billygee2u: 3:30am On Apr 28, 2015
ionsman:
Why are they covering him? He is an illiterate. They should leave him alone.Yeye dey smell.
And for all the mofos above me saying,"he hasnt entered,he is already banning the press", am sure if you were in his shoes,after everything AIT did, you will wine and dine with them. Bloody Hypocrites!!!
buhari is now sending a signal to the media to desist from attacking him,
Nija sorry you have entered one chance eith
Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by Nobody: 3:41am On Apr 28, 2015
BabaOneChance:

Yes, it's payback time! AIT enjoys covering stories of Nigerian army oppressing the Boko haram members. But whenever the insurgents fight back they try to hide it. This is why we're going to encourage Aljazeerah and Sahara Reporters. They're the true friends of Islam cool

God punish Islam!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by aliandro(m): 3:51am On Apr 28, 2015
not4sure:
Serves Them Right wonder why Channels is 9th times best station of the year because they are not partisan. AIT took it personal during the campaign which is wrong even Tinubu's TVC still maintain some little professionalism
Professionalism, my foot.Till today,TVC major high point in news is all about APC!!!
Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by Nobody: 3:51am On Apr 28, 2015
Naughtysite:

I smile at the posture of his followers here, young educated graduates totting smart phones and posting freely on social media supporting the victimization of a media outfit.

Let me remind them that when the north supported boko haram to slaughter Christians during Sunday services, little did they know that boko haram will still bomb mosques and hausa markets.

Nigerians with short memories.

So much evil in this country, how can someone be happy that a president-elect in the care of government starts to barn press coverage. it ma be a rumour but if its true those who are rejoicing now about the ban will later share in the pain.
Nigeria let's move forward.

4 Likes

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by rusher14: 3:56am On Apr 28, 2015
As far as i'm concerned Buhari is the president-elect but still a private individual until he assumes leadership.

It is his prerogative to determine who covers whatever until he holds the mantle of leadership.

I also think it is bound to be the end of AIT as we know it. There's nothing wrong with being critical about any individual but there must be some level of decorum especially in the broadcast industry that is thought to be higly guided by a code of ethics for operation.

AIT played a game of Russian Roulette and lost terribly.

The fallout is what we are witnessing.

The blatant lies they told could have led to widespread disturbance and almost did.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by nkemjacob2(m): 3:58am On Apr 28, 2015
c dis man.... U neva enter power u dne dey show ur military sence, u 4get say na demcracy u dey.... U go use ur hand spoil ur regime. Wetin mke jonathan no ban TVc and radio continental from coverin his activity...
Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by adewad13(m): 3:59am On Apr 28, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
grin

I said it. APC and their general is still full of hate for the likes of AIT and others who exposed Buhari for who he truly is: A senile, certificateless and clueless dictator grin

Well, I have bad news for Buhari: this is democracy, you can't use Decree 4 as a weapon to suppress AIT and others for telling the truth grin. Deal with it and stop acting like a child smiley

wake up man, had it bn me after the inauguration AIT must be locked up. AIT is a PDP station and RAYMOND DOKPESI was an enemy to this country.

1 Like

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by Remarkable: 4:01am On Apr 28, 2015
Well, I am not surprised... the fact that the kind of people who brought this man to be president are saying its do me I do you... leaves a lot to be desired for this sham called Nigeria.
Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by nkemjacob2(m): 4:03am On Apr 28, 2015
aliandro:
Professionalism, my foot.Till today,TVC major high point in news is all about APC!!!
Tvc tool it harsh on jonathan... I followed all tvc program during election. Wht dey did to buhari is the way tvc did to jonathan
Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by adewad13(m): 4:06am On Apr 28, 2015
Billygee2u:

Nija sorry you have entered one chance death

name those media that insults GEJ ,clueless man. BUHARI is now the President elect if u want to die ,you better do so now.

1 Like

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by Aystarz: 4:08am On Apr 28, 2015
Balkan:
Babaonechance at it again clamping down on the press.
He does not know that he is not going to rule by decree again

Olodo, he barred AIT from covering his functions for obvious reasons. Other (professional) media outfits were allowed to do their jobs. So how did he clamp down on the press now?

2 Likes

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by ionsman: 4:11am On Apr 28, 2015
Billygee2u:

Nija sorry you have entered one chance eith

Bro, forget jare....Ait overstepped their boundary.

2 Likes

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by ionsman: 4:13am On Apr 28, 2015
Ezemust:
its obvious dat all Buhari suporters on net are yoruba,dats y des so much hate
Lol...... undecided
Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:17am On Apr 28, 2015
taharqa:

Come, OLODOOWOH don't just allow me insult you this cool evening, you Bladdi Hypocrite. You wouldn't like it.

SR is an online news outlet based in New York but GEJ granted them an interview on the same street of New York in spite of the rancid opposition they were to him through out his tenure. Why didn't he direct that they and other such media houses vehemently opposing and spreading lies about him be prevented from covering him or his Govt?? Why didn't he order the closure of Punch, Nations, Daily Trust, Premium Times, etc and even SR shut?? Wait o!! shebi you fooooolish think that a Gov cannot shut an online newspaper?? Ikpii!!!

And don't give me that 'private citizen' shiit. Buhari is the fhuccking President-elect for goodness sake. He is no longer an ordinary citizen of Nigeria. If he doesn't know that then he may be dumber that some people thought. By d way, do you actually believe that he will call back AIT when him actually takes over power, abi?? Are you really that dull, guy??

You're not making any point. Jonathan didn't stand when being interviewed. He was on motion just like other heads of state and presidents going to the UN building in New York for a meeting. New York is not Abuja, Lagos or any city in Nigeria, where the President's security men would have smashed the camera of Sahara Reporters.

1 Like

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by Excuzeme: 4:23am On Apr 28, 2015
When you have a TV station which does not stick to the ethics of its profession, spreading deadly lies about you, conniving with the Govt in power, rubbishing your image, after collecting Bribe from jonathan, will you still allow them to be close to you, when you come to power?

Channels TV was also bribed, exactly a few days after the election was postponed .... when the Chairman/DG of the NBC came to their office and said Govt was giving them MONEY TO DIGITALIZE!
For crying our aloud, Channels TV was the most "digitalized" station in Nigeria, even before now.

Just after that, you could sense the change in their "tone" during all interviews as they gave more time to PDP contributors, will "drill APC guests" to the bone while cutting some slack for PDP guests on set.

But they NEVER resorted to the blatant character assassinations that AIT and Dokpesi resorted to.

If l were Buhari, l will simply sack the DG of the Nigerian Broadcasting Commission first, then appoint someone who will ensure and enforce that TV stations which dont stick to the "Ethics of TV programming" (like AIT), have their License completely REVOKED.

People like Dokpesi need to learn that "What goes round, ...comes around"
. undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by Excuzeme: 4:27am On Apr 28, 2015
kmariko:

AIT and raymond Dokpesi do not qualify into the category of those that need to be protected, as you state above.

AIT and Dokpesi did a HATCHET JOB unbefitting of a TV station and need to be severely punished for it, to serve a s a lesson to others in future.

2 Likes

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by Cholison(m): 4:31am On Apr 28, 2015
They should go and cover the activities of Fani, Okupe, TAN and Asari, those ones will keep them busy for now.

1 Like

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by sweatlana: 4:46am On Apr 28, 2015
What ever happened to being magnanimous in victory?
Whose hailing buhari when he throws democracy out the window I wonder what you would be saying then.
Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by Okudiover(m): 5:32am On Apr 28, 2015
Lemon12:
U see .... Them never swear am in

He don dey ban press ....

Have we heard of Goodluck banning Tvc ,sharareporters nd co. Before

Truly Gej is a Democrat

Naija don enter one chance
. True the clueless one is so democratic that he barred CHIBOK PARENTS and other well wishing demonstrators from demonstrating. He is so democratic that he is the first civilian president not to allow the formality of presidential primaries on reelection, what was he afraid of? He is so democratic the coward had IGP of police lock down the National Assembly to spite Tambuwai. GEJ loves democracy so much that he interferred (not intervened) with the NGF elections and recognized Jang as chairman as against Amaechi who clearly won by 19 votes to 15. So extensive are his democratic values that with with tacit approval 5 members of Rivers State house of assembly with the help of thugs and police drove away 27 of their colleagues and purpored to impeach a speaker who was not present not presided over the show of shame. Of course his version of democracy is so infectious that in Ekiti 7 out of 26 members of the state house of assembly for months now have been sitting and passing laws (including the appropriation bill) for governor fayose to sign. Still on Ekiti your 'hero' president said he would not investigate the 'Ekiti leaked tape' scandal (not even at the party level) because in his mind "it is a fabrication by the opposition". Now why would your GEJ be calling something as serious as that a fabrication when he was not at the said venue, when he had not ordered an investigation nor received report on same? Why would the president of the largest democracy say such even when the principal actors admitted their participation in the context of the conversation of the tape but gave varied interpretations as to the conversation which was not obscured by noise or any acoustic anomaly? Why? Sanusi raised an alarm as CBN governor and was suspended less than two months to his tenure without even having the national assembly question him extensively as to such a serious claim, but other principal actors like Deziani Madueke retained their jobs with glowing recommendations from the presidency.Where do I start from? Is it the naked and unabated corruption? The rudderless foreign policy, insecurity despite trillions squandered the commander in chief achieved more decisive victories against Boko Haram in 2 weeks of February than 3 years. What about your treasury despite getting the highest windfall in history, rule of law as examplified by executive impunity. These are the legacies of GEJ and not conceeding an obvious defeat because he presided over the largest rejection of a sitting president in Nigeria's electoral history despite all the unorthodox methods applied on his behalf to remain in power including the fact that the democratic formality of a presidential primaries was waived for him which is what led to PDP's loss. Of course the party leaders put one man's ambition against the overall interest of the once 'largest party in Africa'.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by JegaQuin: 5:36am On Apr 28, 2015
papaejima1:
Does he have the right to do that?
I thought there is freedom of and for the press in this country.

Aswear this man go soon use him hand dig him own pit and when him fall inside with his two eyes open make him no call anybody oo

You mumu die o! Even freedom of press/speech has a limit in western world! A stupid Fillipino man who abused the Queen of England thinking it's freedom of speech was jailed.....Mtcheee!

GMB is in right direction! And even I wish him to charge AIT to court of law for deformation of character when he assumes office!

1 Like

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by Okudiover(m): 5:38am On Apr 28, 2015
tongue tongue tongue tongue Speaking of barring and banning, was it a Buhari led government (yet to be sworn in) that banned Obasanjo's hot selling book 'my watch?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by ajebuter(f): 5:49am On Apr 28, 2015
See? The old man is already repeating his 1984-85 ways when press was gagged and freedom of expression barred.

Everyone knows that APC sponsored smear campaign against GEJ throgh sahara reporter and premiun times, and a host of other media, yet GEJ took all in good stride and didnt even sue or threaten.

But see baba one chance, he has not even assumed affice and he is already repressing the freedom of the press.

It shows and says alot about his disdain for criticism and intolerence for the press.

He should come to nairaland and bar us too, shebi
Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by kolmart: 5:58am On Apr 28, 2015
Is a good decision after AIT and PDP are sponsoring his downfall during campaign what do they want from him now

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Former Governors Dariye And Nyame Released From Prison (photos) / Certificate Number Missing In Buhari's WAEC Certificate As Man Shares Photos / EFCC Chairman Bawa At Arsenal's Emirates Stadium: Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.