Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,192 members, 7,845,914 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget (20220 Views)

‘No Provision For Acting Chairman In EFCC Act’ - Senior Lawyers / Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. / Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 28, 2015
Fuel subsidy scam gradually unravelling.
Re: No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget by AdeniyiA(m): 7:35pm On Apr 28, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Alright meanwhile the poster below have something to say
wordcat:
Don't know what to write self.

Let's see if the next poster has something meaningful,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Scholes007:
i dont have anything to say... what of you?
Editor1:
Yes. I do have something to say...and I have said it!

Who are these clowns cheesy

4 Likes

Re: No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget by MARKone(m): 7:35pm On Apr 28, 2015
These militants sef. FG should provide job for them to keep busy. Every year the are paid for just being Ex Militants, what nonsense.
Re: No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget by Okayim: 7:35pm On Apr 28, 2015
Like seriously something is definitely wrong with these Legislators
Re: No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget by just2endowed: 7:37pm On Apr 28, 2015
Let me show what the next person below me will. Say
Re: No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget by Truckpusher(m): 7:38pm On Apr 28, 2015
Let's see if those that protested in Lagos state over subsidy removal will burn themselves now.

At least for once I can say.

Sai Buhari.

In temitemi's voice
GEJ MY HERO , FAYOSE MY ROLE MODEL. grin grin grin

#BABAONECHANCE
tongue

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget by omolami: 7:45pm On Apr 28, 2015
Interesting days are ahead for Nigerins. Buhari has always maintained that fuel subsidy is ruse and because of the schemers abd manipulations by importers, some Nigerins are also in support of the subsidy removal. Recently too, Tam David West whom we learnt may be the next petrolium minister has said that buhari regime will bring petrolium price down to N40. We are patiently waiting to see miracles as they unfold in the one chance regime.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget by coldgate(f): 7:51pm On Apr 28, 2015
I need someone to enlighten me; why is so much money given to Militants? To what end?
Re: No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget by babestella: 7:52pm On Apr 28, 2015
Funny enough, most of the subsidy eaters are northerners. Let's wait and see how it play out.

Buhari said "what is subsidy?" " who is subsidizing who?" Those were buharis word, we are waiting to see what he does with subsidy. In my opinion the subsidy should be removed totally.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 28, 2015
Sometimes...in life...the cold hand of reality cometh.

Yes, there is no provision for fuel subsidy....BECAUSE....we no longer have the money to fund the fuel subsidy.

Unless you wanna scrap SURE-P.(Not advisable).

Ladies and gentlemen.....thanks to the drop in oil prices...(oil is now $60 per barrel....and Nigeria needs it to be $123 per barrel to break even)....we no longer have the money to subsidize oil. Therefore.....up goes the oil prices. To as high as N160 per liter.

Thanks to our lovely dependency on oil...and our refusal to repair the refineries...as well as our refusal to even build new ones....and our refusal to become an industrial superpower like China....we no longer have money to subsidize oil. Enjoy your expensive fuel Nigerians. You are going to love it.
Re: No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget by hidee20(m): 7:59pm On Apr 28, 2015
A breakdown shows that the presidential amnesty
programme will gulp N63.2 billion, while N23.6
billion will go to 30, 000 Niger Delta ex–militants,
N5.5 billion to operational cost, and N34.1 billion
to reintegration of transformed ex-militants. grin[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget by pinton: 8:00pm On Apr 28, 2015
Is nigeria budget all about militant and amnesty? Goodluck jonathan and people working with him has failed this country.with this kind of budget nothing meaningful can be achieved.no wonder we've been on the same spot for 6 years.may God help us
Re: No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 28, 2015
omolami:
Interesting days are ahead for Nigerins. Buhari has always maintained that fuel subsidy is ruse and because of the schemers abd manipulations by importers, some Nigerins are also in support of the subsidy removal. Recently too, Tam David West whom we learnt may be the next petrolium minister has said that buhari regime will bring petrolium price down to N40. We are patiently waiting to see miracles as they unfold in the one chance regime.

While some importers are corrupt...most of them are not making much of a profit from subsidized oil.

Especially independent marketers....import oil at N100 per liter...and sell at N87....and govt pays them subsidy...which means that they end up with a profit less than N5 per liter sold.

(That's the real reason why some of them were so corrupt....invoicing govt for fuel they did not import...because if they actually imported...they would be broke. But...this is not a defence. It was wrong...and they should go to jail).

But the real koko....is our refineries which operate under capacity. Plus...we don't even have enough of them refineries. So...we import 60% of our domestic needs (Now...how can a producer of oil be importing oil? If you told Nigerians over 20 years ago that they would be importing fuel...they would laff at you. How the mighty have fallen).

Infact...many of those importers want oil subsidy gone...because they can import and make a profit .(They are businessmen after all....not the government. And businessmen need cash to pay workers.....who are ordinary Nigerians!).

Yes...we can sell fuel at N40....if we had new refineries....plus fully operating old ones. Simples.

2 Likes

Re: No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget by hidee20(m): 8:03pm On Apr 28, 2015
MARKone:
These militants sef. FG should provide job for them to keep busy. Every year the are paid for just being Ex Militants, what nonsense.
cheesy
Re: No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 28, 2015
this money is too small for me and my family for this year.
Re: No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 28, 2015
MARKone:
most of the mumu militants are just too lazy for that, they don't even attend lectures in their various schools. they think the cash will come forever.
Re: No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget by chibas: 8:22pm On Apr 28, 2015
For the past four years it had always being wuruwuru to the answer,no meaningful development, no transparency,no accountability we kept hearing billions of dollar for budget which eventually end up in the pocket of privileged few.
Re: No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget by mcgaius: 8:24pm On Apr 28, 2015
Una notice say people no too criticize this one cos they no understand those financial terms there
Re: No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget by LAX89(m): 8:24pm On Apr 28, 2015
Nigeria has been projected to become the first $Trillion economy in Africa by 2030. This is largely as a result of giant strides made by GEJ in other sectors of the economy besides oil.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/27/business/nigeria-gdp-1-trillion-2030/index.html
Re: No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget by netmillionaires(m): 8:24pm On Apr 28, 2015
I think it is high time this billions of naira been paid to these so-called ex-millitants be used to help Niger Deltans. 60billion+ will go a long way in providing jobs for 100 of thousands of Niger deltans instead of being paid to Asari and co. These Asari and co are not fighting for NDs. They are simply fighting for their own pocket.

1 Like

Re: No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget by fboycaestro12(m): 8:25pm On Apr 28, 2015
Who on here has something to say. Everybody isn't saying something. i don't even understand what to say either
Re: No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget by elipheleh(m): 8:27pm On Apr 28, 2015
coldgate:
I need someone to enlighten me; why is so much money given to Militants? To what end?
because it is their oil. Yam is yours. Do you share yours with anybody? No ! So be grateful to them for allowing you share.
Re: No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget by Akposkool(m): 8:29pm On Apr 28, 2015
Is it not half of that amount gej used in campaigning? E no go better for that baastard
Re: No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget by godunia(m): 8:39pm On Apr 28, 2015
When Jonathan won election in 2011,he removed fuel subsidy that almost grounded this country,if he had won a re-election,this would have seen a repeat of it.PDP knew what removal of subsidy meant so de kept this budget until after d elections cos passing this kind of budget before elections would have spelt doom for them.they wanted to fool us again unfortunately de won't be around to implement this fraudulent budget.i m confident that Government of d day would implement a budget of necessity.theres no more transformation but budget of change base on reality

1 Like

Re: No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 28, 2015
And yet $20bn is missing somewhere in this country. smh...

1 Like

Re: No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 28, 2015
mcgaius:
Una notice say people no too criticize this one cos they no understand those financial terms there
hohoho... na here we dey know d kidz...
Re: No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget by Fourwinds: 8:54pm On Apr 28, 2015
confused people passed d budget. dey have no gut to probe NNPC. useless Senators and Honorables
Re: No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget by Fourwinds: 8:56pm On Apr 28, 2015
godunia:
When Jonathan won election in 2011,he removed fuel subsidy that almost grounded this country,if he had won a re-election,this would have seen a repeat of it.PDP knew what removal of subsidy meant so de kept this budget until after d elections cos passing this kind of budget before elections would have spelt doom for them.they wanted to fool us again unfortunately de won't be around to implement this fraudulent budget.i m confident that Government of d day would implement a budget of necessity.theres no more transformation but budget of change base on reality
correct man
Re: No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget by luvmijeje(f): 9:01pm On Apr 28, 2015
Cover up! The fake subsidy they have been budgeting since God's knows when must all be account for........ Thieves.
Re: No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 28, 2015
coldgate:

it started in yaraduas regime ... Its amnesty...
Re: No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 28, 2015
bushdoc9919:

While some importers are corrupt...most of them are not making much of a profit from subsidized oil.

Especially independent marketers....import oil at N100 per liter...and sell at N87....and govt pays them subsidy...which means that they end up with a profit less than N5 per liter sold.

(That's the real reason why some of them were so corrupt....invoicing govt for fuel they did not import...because if they actually imported...they would be broke. But...this is not a defence. It was wrong...and they should go to jail).

But the real koko....is our refineries which operate under capacity. Plus...we don't even have enough of them refineries. So...we import 60% of our domestic needs (Now...how can a producer of oil be importing oil? If you told Nigerians over 20 years ago that they would be importing fuel...they would laff at you. How the mighty have fallen).

Infact...many of those importers want oil subsidy gone...because they can import and make a profit .(They are businessmen after all....not the government. And businessmen need cash to pay workers.....who are ordinary Nigerians!).

Yes...we can sell fuel at N40....if we had new refineries....plus fully operating old ones. Simples.

U call 5 naira per litre small profits

5 × 2 million litres is 10 million.

I assure u, they don't make 5 naira per litre dey make more that that...

1 Like

Re: No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 28, 2015
pinton:
Is nigeria budget all about militant and amnesty? Goodluck jonathan and people working with him has failed this country.with this kind of budget nothing meaningful can be achieved.no wonder we've been on the same spot for 6 years.may God help us

settling the militants is ideal , it has allowed this country to rest from incessant oil well explosions, pipeline vandalism n massive unending kidnapping of oil workers.

besides its their oil, it pollutes their air, water n land. they should gain something from it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019: Adamawa Government Reveals Atiku's Presidential Ambition / Boko Haram Captures Marte LGA In Borno State / Gov. Fashola Hands Over New Area ‘c’ Police Command In Surulere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.