Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,987 members, 7,852,326 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:13 PM

How To Delete Windows User Accounts - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Delete Windows User Accounts (816 Views)

How To Delete Virus By Using Avast Antivirus / How To Delete Data Permanently On A PC Or Laptop Before Selling Them / How To Delete Autorun.inf From Pen Drive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Delete Windows User Accounts by betheldgr8(m): 12:53pm On Feb 03, 2009
I CREATED ANOTHER USER ACCOUNT IN MY SYSTEM ADDED TO THE USER ACCOUNT EXISTING, NOW I TRY TO CARRY OUT SOME THINGS IN MY SYSTEM BUT CANNOT BECOS OF THE TWO USER ACCOUNTS.
I WANT TO DELETE ONE BUT DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO DO THAT, PLZ HELP ME OUT, I REALLY NEED HELP!
Re: How To Delete Windows User Accounts by betheldgr8(m): 2:08pm On Feb 05, 2009
i am still waiting for solutions from nairaland computer GURUS or any body with the best solution to it
Re: How To Delete Windows User Accounts by Abatakan: 3:34pm On Feb 05, 2009
Hi betheldgr8,
                       l take it you have administrative account (to create the user`s account in the first place)
easiest way which you must have tried is`goto start (sorry if it sounds condescending)
Start>Control Panel>User Accounts (this will show all the users created on the the PC)
Click on change an account (and it will give you an option on the account you want to change.
Highlight and click on the account you want to change,amends as you deem required.
See attached JPEG
Remember you need to be logged in as administrator to affect the changes.
Any issues let me know and will be glad to help
Regards.
Abatakan

Re: How To Delete Windows User Accounts by ogbongzky(m): 4:32pm On Feb 05, 2009
you can try and see if you can get it donw tih the TWEKUI software, you can read more about it at www DOT ogbongeblog DOT DOT com

check the topics there and you will see the topic on HIDE USER ACCOUNTS ON WELCOME SCREEN SUING using TWEAKUI

ENJOY.
Re: How To Delete Windows User Accounts by betheldgr8(m): 8:28pm On Feb 07, 2009
Thanx 2 y'all 4 ur response, i hav tried deletin one of d accounts, but it refused deletin, i'll giv details of d responsè, am on solibay now. Thanx
Re: How To Delete Windows User Accounts by betheldgr8(m): 8:30pm On Feb 07, 2009
Thanx 2 y'all 4 ur response, i hav tried deletin one of d accounts, but it refused deletin, i'll giv details of d responsè, am on solibay now. Thanx
Re: How To Delete Windows User Accounts by betheldgr8(m): 10:08am On Feb 11, 2009
thanks y'all for your contribution, i have succesfully deleted one of the accounts, god bless you for your help.
Re: How To Delete Windows User Accounts by betheldgr8(m): 10:11am On Feb 11, 2009
BUT I GOT ANOTHER PROBLEM, CAN SUM1 PLZ DIRECT ME ON HOW TO DO A SYSTEM RESTORE, I HAD A PROBLEM WITH MY NETWORK, AND THE CUSTOMER CARE TOLD ME TO DO A SYSTEM RESTORE, BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO GO ABOUT IT, PLZ HELP ME OUT.
THANKS ONCE MORE FOR YOUR EXPECTED HELP!
Re: How To Delete Windows User Accounts by Abatakan: 4:42pm On Feb 12, 2009
Hi betheldgr8,
                    I knew u will come back regarding`how to delete windows user`s account,apologies for that (why? coz deep down i sort of figure what might be wrong but l was just lazy not asking the right questions-as my former boss will say`Just fob them off`) l was not trying to fob you off.
Anyway back to the issue.you  want system restore? as you can get onto the internet system restore (how to) is available on
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306084
If you want to go through that route.Regarding the deletion of account if still an issue let me know.
1.How many users on the pc/laptop?
2.How many user are administrators?
Abatakan

(1) (Reply)

Zain is the bomb. / All Computer Accessories Cheap At Www.kalahari.com.ng / Fcmb Launches New Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.