Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,857 members, 7,844,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] (1911 Views)

Devastating Meteor Strike In IRAN , Why Is The World Keeping Mute ? / BBC's Documentary On The Ayatollah Khomeini Led Islamic Revolution In Iran / Iran Launches Monkey Into Space (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by lucabrasi(m): 6:05pm On Feb 05, 2009
its a welcome development,at least now that no nation has a monopoly of technology be it millitary or civillian,issues will increasingly be solved by democratic means and consensus,personally im fed up of all the scare mongering the western world keeps on at,as for the totally weak argument that "these countries are unstable"
are the western world stable?
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by auwal87(m): 6:24pm On Feb 05, 2009
lucabrasi:

its a welcome development,at least now that no nation has a monopoly of technology be it millitary or civillian,issues will increasingly be solved by democratic means and consensus,personally im fed up of all the scare mongering the western world keeps on at,as for the totally weak argument that "these countries are unstable"

This is a very good question, look at what happened recently in Greece. Look at the rate of crimes in the UK, look at the unemployment rate in the US.
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 05, 2009
lucabrasi:

and you live in the west? hypocrite.
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by auwal87(m): 11:01pm On Feb 20, 2009
davidylan:

and you live in the west? hypocrite.

This is not hypocracy.

It will be hypocracy if he lives in the west and support it on anything they do, good or bad, like you!
But become against it as soon as he leaves the west.
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by muhsin(m): 12:04am On Feb 21, 2009
I always wonder why America bothers that much about other countries having missiles, satelite and other stuff like this. BUT its not a problem if they, Israel and other bunch of their allies own it. What a paradox?
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by Nobody: 12:10am On Feb 21, 2009
muhsin:

I always wonder why America bothers that much about other countries having missiles, satelite and other stuff like this. BUT its not a problem if they, Israel and other bunch of their allies own it. What a paradox?

you people DELIBERATELY love to pretend the world is such a nice and dandy place. Iran seeks a weapon to USE against Israel and the west. The US has weapons but only uses them in self-defence. NOT ONCE has the US ever threatened another nation with nuclear weapons . . . Iran and other arab nations have attacked Israel and the west with weapons before so it isnt something new. Remember scud missiles from Iraq?
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by Dede1(m): 4:30am On Feb 21, 2009
I am amazed at the dubious length the cream of crops from Nigeria had to pat Iran on the back for creating a space junk. I hope when that junk finally obeyed the law of gravity, Iran shall be home for earth bound piece of crap.

In incessant rhetoric of destruction of Israel and any non-Moslem countries by the Arab and Islamic leaders sets the tone for people who would rather die than see independent and free sovereign nations sprout all over the world.

Without huge source of crude oil money and scientists from Islamic nations of former USSR, Iran would have been another Afghanistan.
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by ayinba1(f): 12:58am On Feb 22, 2009
David and his likes,
Ha!

Don't you see that those muslims in Iran would use the satellite to shoot swords at people who are against montheism; Uhhhhh, just sends cold shivers down my spine.

Some people are just plain ridiculous. Slavery of the mind is indeed the worst ever! Open your eyes just a tad and maybe just maybe you can see.

On the other hand, Be AFRAID, Very Afraid. That's all you are anyway! Scared black man trapped in the slavery era.
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by Nobody: 4:35am On Feb 22, 2009
ayinba, we dont need to be afraid. America or Israel will bomb Iran back to the stone age shld they possess a nuclear weapon. That is already a given so dont worry, we are not watching with bated breath, merely pitying you and ur mad mullahs.
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by Dede1(m): 5:54am On Feb 22, 2009
@Ayinba1

Another deep slumbering clown is ridiculously half-awoke. What is it to be afraid of the hypocritical and loudmouthed buffoons who sat on their tails why the recent debacle in Gaza raged away? The morons who would not understand that the cloths they wear, cars they drive and even the weapons they parade up and down the streets of Tehran were manufactured by the so-called infidels.
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by Dede1(m): 5:56am On Feb 22, 2009
Laurnetta:

wen will nigeria launch its own satellite? cheesy cheesy

When you have unconditionally volunteered your sorry arse as one of the payloads, Nigeria will hastily launch her satellite.
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by Nobody: 6:01am On Feb 22, 2009
Dede1:

@Ayinba1

Another deep slumbering clown is ridiculously half-awoke. What is it to be afraid of the hypocritical and loudmouthed buffoons who sat on their tails why the recent debacle in Gaza raged away? The morons who would not understand that the cloths they wear, cars they drive and even the weapons they parade up and down the streets of Tehran were manufactured by the so-called infidels.

Dont mind the morons . . . the money they possess is simply because infidels developed how to extract crude oil and buy it off them. Take a look at Afghanistan . . . that's what ALL arab nations would have been like without oil and the expertise of the infidels.

The Iranian airforce is largely made up of F-16 aircraft from the great shaitan themselves.
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by Nobody: 9:00am On Feb 22, 2009
The Iranian airforce is largely made up of F-16 aircraft from the great shaitan themselves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Iranian_Air_Force_aircraft

only some old f14s there

the masters of misinformation have come again. . .

once upon a time iran was supplied american f14s, when the masters of 'democracy and freedom' were propping up the despotic shah

ayinba, we dont need to be afraid. America or Israel will bomb Iran back to the stone age shld they possess a nuclear weapon. That is already a given so dont worry, we are not watching with bated breath, merely pitying you and ur mad mullahs.

so whty have you been wetting your pants for the last 10 posts .

probably because of this:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/184815/output/print

exceropt

Philip Tetlock, a research psychologist at Stanford University, would like to introduce you to foxes and hedgehogs.

At first, Tetlock's ongoing study of 82,361 predictions by 284 pundits (most but not all of them American) came up empty. He initially looked at whether accuracy was related to having a Ph.D., being an economist or political scientist rather than a blowhard journalist, having policy experience or access to classified information, or being a realist or neocon, liberal or conservative. The answers were no on all counts. The best predictor, in a backward sort of way, was fame: the more feted by the media, the worse a pundit's accuracy. And therein lay Tetlock's first clue. The media's preferred pundits are forceful, confident and decisive, not tentative and balanced. They are, in short, hedgehogs, not foxes.

That bestiary comes from the political philosopher Isaiah Berlin, who in 1953 argued that hedgehogs "know one big thing." They apply that one thing (for instance, that ethnicity and language are primal; ergo, any country that contains many ethnic groups will break up) everywhere, express supreme confidence in their forecasts, dismiss opposing views and are drawn to top-down arguments deduced from that Big Idea. Foxes, in contrast, "know many things," as Berlin put it. They consider competing views, make bottom-up inductive arguments from an array of facts and doubt the power of Big Ideas. "The hedgehog-fox dimension did what none of the other traits did," says Tetlock, who described the study in his 2005 book "Expert Political Judgment": "distinguish more accurate forecasters from less accurate ones" in both politics (will Iraq break up?) and economics (whither unemployment?).

At one extreme, hedgehogs seek certainty and closure, dismiss information that undercuts their preconceptions and embrace evidence that reinforces them, in what is called "belief defense and bolstering."

davidlyan is obviously a hedghog, an irans sendingup a satelite does not tally with his preconceptions of illiterate mullahs

1 Like

Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by ayinba1(f): 1:49pm On Feb 22, 2009
@dede & daudu,

I see I hit a sore nerve

dede break ur post down, try to string words together that actually make sense, again wake up if you can OR again, BE VERY AFRAID.
david, I live in America too, the citizens and law makers are not half crazed as you are; they will not be bombing Iran. They actually have brains that they use in decision making, wow!

Try Israel; there are many Jews that will be outright scared of your suggestion, especially, coming from you; a black man..kinda like you are APEING!
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by Dede1(m): 2:47pm On Feb 22, 2009
@Ayinba1

Are you urging me to write in a fragmented grammar as you do? My posts are not meant for juvenile bantering. Believe me; your posts could easily pass as a ranting of ants.

It only a compound fool would have the temerity to think that Iran could constitute a danger that poses fear in human.
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by ayinba1(f): 5:18pm On Feb 22, 2009
Thank you dede, you finally graduated ss2. I see manners are not taught anymore these days. I'll leave you
be.
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by Dede1(m): 6:49pm On Feb 22, 2009
ayinba1:

Thank you dede, you finally graduated ss2. I see manners are not taught anymore these days. I'll leave you
be.

@Ayinba1

Thanks to the Internet that you have the impetus to use the words manners and ss2 in the same discourse. Your behaviors did not lift my doubts that you graduated from ss2 or ss3 educational system in Nigeria.

Again a person who tends to flaunt his or her ignorance in the public arena or pontificates on a subject the he or she lacked elementary knowledge is a compound fool.

By the way, you must learn to control what you spew on the public arena such as nairaland.
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by Nobody: 11:20pm On Feb 22, 2009
ayinba1:

david, I live in America too

you live in the great shaitan too? Hypocrite. grin

ayinba1:

the citizens and law makers are not half crazed as you are; they will not be bombing Iran. They actually have brains that they use in decision making, wow!

5 yrs ago we'd never have thought they would invade Iraq. Never underestimate the American people shld they feel threatened by your rogue regimes.

ayinba1:

Try Israel; there are many Jews that will be outright scared of your suggestion, especially, coming from you; a black man..kinda like you are APEING!

Really? the jews only recently requested bunker bursting bombs from Bush . . . i'm sure they were not intended for Gaza.
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by duabba: 12:21am On Feb 23, 2009
If they had included chemistry, physics and biology education in the list of sanctions against iran. We wouldn't be bothered with this problem now!
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by Nobody: 3:29am On Feb 23, 2009
duabba:

If they had included chemistry, physics and biology education in the list of sanctions against iran. We wouldn't be bothered with this problem now!

ROFL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

davidylan:

5 yrs ago we'd never have thought they would invade Iraq. Never underestimate the American people shld they feel threatened by your rogue regimes.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by olanajim(m): 9:46am On Feb 23, 2009
@Davidylan,
Monotheism means belief in a single God. It is not only Islam that believe in one God. Please check it out.

Also, I see nothing wrong in any nation acquiring peaceful technology. China, a communist state that support dictatorial state was not crucified for acquiring technology. Also, China is not a christain state and we have evidence of religion subjugation down there. Russia is also not a perfect democracy, so no one raise eyebrow when it advance technologically.

Let us put aside our religion bias and recognize the positive implication of the Iranian achievement. That nations need not wait for washington to develop. If Iran with all the international sactions can advance, technologically, the what excuse does parasitic nations like Nigeria have to remain backward in the light of outpouring of foreign goodwill? It is a fact of history that the nations that develop are those that look inward for solution to their national problems.
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by Bastage: 11:33am On Feb 23, 2009
I look at the lovers of the Iranian regime here and I laugh.

"How great is Iran? Islam has launched a satellite".

Idiots. It's taken them 30 years to do so. 30 years ago Iran had some of the best universities in the world and some of the best physicists. Then the revolution came and the universities were closed down, reopened under Islamic rules and many of the brightest students were barred from education. This satellite should have gone into space years go. It's taken them 30 years to achieve something that they weren't that far away from achieving when the revolution occured.

The satellite has been launched in spite of Iranian Islam. Not because of it.
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by auwal87(m): 3:47pm On Feb 23, 2009
Bastage:

The satellite has been launched in spite of Iranian Islam. Not because of it.

You are lying. The satellite has been launched in spite of "Sanctions" by the US and Ally against the Islamic Republic of Iran.

1 Like

Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by Bastage: 4:12pm On Feb 23, 2009
You were bound to come out with that sort of crap Auwal.

Do you know why?
It's because you are an idiot.
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 23, 2009
olanajim:

Also, I see nothing wrong in any nation acquiring peaceful technology. China, a communist state that support dictatorial state was not crucified for acquiring technology. Also, China is not a christain state and we have evidence of religion subjugation down there. Russia is also not a perfect democracy, so no one raise eyebrow when it advance technologically.

Let us put aside our religion bias and recognize the positive implication of the Iranian achievement. That nations need not wait for washington to develop. If Iran with all the international sactions can advance, technologically, the what excuse does parasitic nations like Nigeria have to remain backward in the light of outpouring of foreign goodwill? It is a fact of history that the nations that develop are those that look inward for solution to their national problems.

We dont bat an eyelid when china and russia build nuclear weapons because they dont spend friday afternoons after prayer chanting "death to Israel" or call America the great shaitan. There is no "positive" implications of the Iranian "achievement", infact it simply tells us we are in for a more difficult time in managing the volatile ME. With Iran possessing nuclear weapons welcome to the eventual collapse of Lebanon (with Hezbollah running the show), the collapse of FATAH (after HAMAS gets enough weapons and political leverage to drive them out of the West Bank, trouble in Jordan which is bordering the West Bank and political upheaval in Egypt.

See Pakistan? with its "positive achievement" it remains a hotbed of terrorism.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rwanda’s Capital, Kigali Has Been Declared By United Nations / Why Are Snipers Treated Worse Than Infantry When Captured? / Mauritius The Best Governed Country In Africa Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.