Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Who Is The Owner Of That Fowl That Crow When Peter Betray Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is The Owner Of That Fowl That Crow When Peter Betray Jesus (11589 Views)

Who Was The Owner Of The Cock That Crow When Peter Denie Jesus Three Time? / Who Was The Owner Of The Rooster That Crowed When Peter Denied Jesus? / Judas Did Not Betray Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Owner Of That Fowl That Crow When Peter Betray Jesus by ALABIFAITHFUL77(m): 6:26pm On Apr 28, 2015
please my follow nairalanders is there any who knows the name?
Re: Who Is The Owner Of That Fowl That Crow When Peter Betray Jesus by wachakuta(m): 6:29pm On Apr 28, 2015
Ruben abati

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Owner Of That Fowl That Crow When Peter Betray Jesus by dewstar: 6:34pm On Apr 28, 2015
Fowl wey they don kill chop since na you dey ask who get? I think the real question should be what happened to it after crowing. Trust me, that kind aproko chicken no dey last for my area for wafi.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Owner Of That Fowl That Crow When Peter Betray Jesus by missKiffy(f): 7:11pm On Apr 28, 2015
God, God sent it to fulfil the prophecy
Re: Who Is The Owner Of That Fowl That Crow When Peter Betray Jesus by tartar9(m): 2:36am On Apr 29, 2015
part of his stolen collection

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Owner Of That Fowl That Crow When Peter Betray Jesus by tpiadotcom: 2:44am On Apr 29, 2015
ALABIFAITHFUL77:

why do you need to know the name?
Re: Who Is The Owner Of That Fowl That Crow When Peter Betray Jesus by An2elect2(f): 10:11am On Apr 29, 2015
Are some peopl deliberately being stupidd? They never ask the important questions smiley
Re: Who Is The Owner Of That Fowl That Crow When Peter Betray Jesus by christofa1: 10:21am On Apr 29, 2015
The fowl belonged to the wife of Ananais, the high priest. She was going to kill it to celebrate passover, then jesus was arrested and the fowl escaped.
Re: Who Is The Owner Of That Fowl That Crow When Peter Betray Jesus by blessin30289(f): 8:44am On May 10, 2015
I don't ooo and I need to knw oooo. Hahahahahahaha
Re: Who Is The Owner Of That Fowl That Crow When Peter Betray Jesus by Orunto: 12:58pm On May 10, 2015
Please my follow nairalanders is there anyone who knows the name of the owner of the fowl and the fowl? No!!!!
Re: Who Is The Owner Of That Fowl That Crow When Peter Betray Jesus by MuttleyLaff: 7:07pm On May 10, 2015
ALABIFAITHFUL77:
Who Is The Owner Of That Fowl That Crow When Peter Betray Jesus?
Good question, only that there was no fowl that crowed,
so therefore, there is no owner, and consequently no name for the owner of an imaginary fowl.

An2elect2:
Are some peopl deliberately being stupidd? They never ask the important questions smiley
SMH. There are no stewpid questions, stewpid people dont ask questions

People dont deliberately set out being stewpid when the question asked, is a cry to understand the Bible more.
It is no stewpid question, neither is it an umimportant questions to ask.
Asking important questions dont come as good as this one

In fact, asking important questions like these, changes teachings done in error and bursts wide open Christian fabrications

We all know the New Testament was written 100-300 years after Jesus Christ died
and it is important questions like these that makes one realise that there's quite a whole deal more in the Bible than meets the eyes
also that a lot got lost in translations from Hebrew to Greek to English due to not being familiar with Jewish idioms, customs, Temple activities etc

tpiadotcom:
why do you need to know the name?
To learn something from knowing the name or anything about it?

christofa1:
The fowl belonged to the wife of Ananais, the high priest. She was to kill it to celebrate passover, then Jesus was arrested and the fowl escaped.
Wow, anyway to start with Caiaphas was the high priest and not Ananais
Back on track, on the contrary, Caiaphas didnt own a fowl, neither did his wife, nor did Ananais or Sapphira his wife, own fowls

Orunto:
Please my follow nairalanders is there anyone who knows the name of the owner of the fowl and the fowl? No!!!!
Yes no, as no fowls were allowed in Jerusalem at that time, so no one owned fowls and so there aren't any names of owners of fowls in Jersualem then, to give you or the original poster.

ALABIFAITHFUL77, dewstar, blessin30289 and Orunto, do not think that the most popular view about what the rooster is, is the truth because it actually is not.

Without bogging you down or boring you with too much details, the rooster or fowl in the original Aramaic/Hebrew form is "gever", "geber", "gaver" or "gawra", this is mistranslated and in both Greek and English, ended up being tagged as our feathered friend, fowl or cóck-a-doodle-doo Mr rooster

Anyway, from here on, I am sticking to using only "gever" for the rest of the post.

Now, "gever" is man. "Gever" means man and you wont be far from the truth if you assume this man to be like a town crier,
but there is more to it, as he actually is like the Muslims' muezzin, the man who from the mosque's tower, announces the time for prayers and the call to Muslims for prayer and worship services

The "gever" as a matter of fact, as opposed to being a "town crier" or "Muslims' muezzin" actually is the Temple Crier
In the temple courtyard, just like the "Muslims' muezzin" does, the Temple Crier's priestly duty is to call out to begin service
and he would announce or call out something, similar to the following effect:
"Rise up, all the priests, to your service, prepare to sacrifice!"
"All the Levites to your stations!"
"All the Israelites to your posts, come to worship!"

It was this priest’s call to service, made in the or from the temple courtyard and not far from the kangaroo court where Jesus Christ was being interrogated, that was heard by Peter and not the sound of a crowing fowl

missKiffy, Jesus, in effect prophesied that before the "gever" (i.e. the Temple Crier) makes the announcement (i.e. phóneó - to call out) for service, Peter would have denied him three times and as we all know, this prophecy came to pass, just as prophesied, it got fulfilled to a tee.

Imagine. Trust we all would agree, how heart wrenching and painfully torn between the conscience, it would be for one, if immediately after denying Jesus, one heard this call to prepare to sacrifice, call to service and called to be at a post which one has three times denied and vacated.

Matthew 26:75
Suddenly, Jesus' words flashed through Peter's mind:
"Before the man rooster calls out crows, you will deny three times that you even know me."
And he went away, weeping bitterly.
Re: Who Is The Owner Of That Fowl That Crow When Peter Betray Jesus by Orunto: 8:39pm On May 10, 2015
Very good piece. This will surely make the world move faster. I like it all. The Bible you write will be interesting to read. God bless u my friend,
Re: Who Is The Owner Of That Fowl That Crow When Peter Betray Jesus by MuttleyLaff: 5:52pm On May 13, 2015
Orunto:
Very good piece.
This will surely make the world move faster. I like it all.
The Bible you write will be interesting to read.
God bless u my friend,
Pass on that, dont want to grapple or wrestle with translation and transliteration decisions
We all need God's blessings
Re: Who Is The Owner Of That Fowl That Crow When Peter Betray Jesus by ebamma(m): 6:00pm On May 13, 2015
Lol

(1) (Reply)

Ten People Who Sold Their Soul To The Devil. / 30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians / You Must Keep The Law!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.