Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,505 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians (11597 Views)

Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians / Mature Christians On Nairaland, Come In Please [very Urgent] / Simple Signs Of Mature Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 7:27am On May 28, 2017
*Signs of Matured Christians*

✅ They speak the truth at all times

✅ They are good listeners

✅ They hardly take offense

✅ They are quick to forgive

✅ They are reliable

✅ They are supportive

✅ They have appetite for prayer and fasting

✅ They rely on the Word of God

✅ The more God lifts them up, the more they become humble

✅ They hardly defend themselves

✅ They are quick to repent

✅ They seek peace and pursue it

✅ They love people and they are compassionate

✅ They know when to talk and when to be quiet

✅ They are full of wisdom in many aspects of life

✅ They respect people and are very sensitive to people's feelings

✅ They have a lot of patience and they are not short tempered

✅ They fear God

✅ They give honour where it is due

✅ They are content with what they have

✅ They have good leadership skills

✅ They are hospitable

✅ They are not carried away by all kinds of teachings

✅ They are good followers

✅ They have a sacrificial spirit

✅ They don't gossip and look down on people

✅ They have faith

✅ They take part in church activities and attend church regularly

✅ They are clean in every aspect of life

✅ Their spirits are sensitive, they hate sin

✅ They don't act holier than others

✅ They don't compete with others

https://lambfollower./2010/10/18/30-characters-of-a-mature-christian/

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians by KvnqPrezo(m): 7:30am On May 28, 2017
Good
Re: 30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians by Kingcesar: 7:44am On May 28, 2017
Cool
Re: 30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians by damosky12(m): 8:07am On May 28, 2017
A matured Christian's characteristics.

NOT CONFUSED BY HEARSAY

Ephesians 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

ABLE TO TEACH SCRIPTURES.
2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

2 Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

Hebrews 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

MANIFESTING GOOD WORKS/ THE FRUITS OF THE SPIRIT.

2 Timothy 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons [matured children] of God.

THEY AREN'T CONFORMED TO THE WORLD.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Hebrews 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

8 Likes

Re: 30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians by LordGuru1: 8:29am On May 28, 2017

1 Like

Re: 30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians by codemaniacs: 8:30am On May 28, 2017
k

2 Likes

Re: 30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians by Nobody: 8:31am On May 28, 2017
Bla bla bla, soon you guys would bring out 50 complex qualities of heaven bound Christians.
Principles and ordinances of men.
Ironically I possess most , if not all of these qualities but I don't consider myself a mature Christian, not even by half.
The Lord knows those who are His

2 Likes

Re: 30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians by FinallyFamous: 8:31am On May 28, 2017
good points

but a mature Christian is not above temptation

, a mature Christain can still harbor pride and may not know ,

a mature christian constantly needs the grace of God to keep on let's he fall

1 Like

Re: 30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians by Nobody: 8:35am On May 28, 2017
They also sin

Also fall into temptation

Nice points Op
Re: 30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians by chiefolododo(m): 8:35am On May 28, 2017
God help me
Re: 30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians by bangalee1(m): 8:35am On May 28, 2017
+ they are mature when quoting others on nairaland.
Re: 30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians by Gracebegatme: 8:36am On May 28, 2017
So on point....what makes a mature believer is not the fascinating gifts of the spirit but the FRUITS of the spirit.
Re: 30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians by Nobody: 8:50am On May 28, 2017
A matured Christian should be diverse in knowledge, including politics, sex or other things some consider as "no go area"
Re: 30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians by neonly: 8:51am On May 28, 2017
O boy they say u bi thief
Re: 30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians by twilliamx(m): 8:56am On May 28, 2017
Nice: this list actually sums it all up
Re: 30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians by Businessideas: 8:58am On May 28, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:
*Signs of Matured Christians*

✅ They speak the truth at all times

✅ They are good listeners

✅ They hardly take offense

✅ They are quick to forgive

✅ They are reliable

✅ They are supportive

✅ They have appetite for prayer and fasting

✅ They rely on the Word of God

✅ The more God lifts them up, the more they become humble

✅ They hardly defend themselves

✅ They are quick to repent

✅ They seek peace and pursue it

✅ They love people and they are compassionate

✅ They know when to talk and when to be quiet

✅ They are full of wisdom in many aspects of life

✅ They respect people and are very sensitive to people's feelings

✅ They have a lot of patience and they are not short tempered

✅ They fear God

✅ They give honour where it is due

✅ They are content with what they have

✅ They have good leadership skills

✅ They are hospitable

✅ They are not carried away by all kinds of teachings

✅ They are good followers

✅ They have a sacrificial spirit

✅ They don't gossip and look down on people

✅ They have faith

✅ They take part in church activities and attend church regularly

✅ They are clean in every aspect of life

✅ Their spirits are sensitive, they hate sin

✅ They don't act holier than others

✅ They don't compete with others

https://lambfollower./2010/10/18/30-characters-of-a-mature-christian/
There are some that are contradictory in real life.How do you speak the truth in the face of persecution and allegation and not been seen to be defending yourself?
Re: 30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians by Houseofglam7(f): 9:00am On May 28, 2017
Who 30 characters epp
Re: 30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians by Nobody: 9:19am On May 28, 2017

1 Like

Re: 30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians by Feprakenltd: 9:31am On May 28, 2017
Exactly
Re: 30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians by FitnessDoctor: 9:38am On May 28, 2017
If by matured Christians you must mean perfect Christians... and according to what the Christians living in Nigeria always tell me.. No one is perfect..

So I don't think this your post might serve its purpose..

I remain Paul Samuel - FitnesDoctor, your favorite health blogger

1 Like

Re: 30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians by KENFERDYOORI(m): 10:38am On May 28, 2017
"They speak the truth at all times" This is fallacious!
Re: 30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians by Benekruku(m): 10:39am On May 28, 2017
grin grin grin

Who on Earth has all these qualities out side Nigeria cos am 100% certain nobody does in Nigeria and the world at large
Re: 30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians by OShepherd: 10:41am On May 28, 2017
FitnessDoctor:
If by matured Christians you must mean perfect Christians... and according to what the Christians living in Nigeria always tell me.. No one is perfect..

So I don't think this your post might serve its purpose..

I remain Paul Samuel - FitnesDoctor, your favorite health blogger
You just nailed it! Anyone like Christ around? We are only living by grace including d so called men of God!!!
Re: 30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians by discman2k2(m): 10:42am On May 28, 2017
frenchwine:
Bla bla bla, soon you guys would bring out 50 complex qualities of heaven bound Christians.
Principles and ordinances of men.
Ironically I possess most , if not all of these qualities but I don't consider myself a mature Christian, not even by half.
The Lord knows those who are His

Surw bro, the Lord knows those who are his indeed. Buh, from ur comment you don't seem to strike me as anChristian, because u would ve known that it is not by might or by strength but BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD that we are who we are, and not by selfrighteousness that a man's Character is remoulded, but as we daily fellowship both with the children of God and with God's Words & God-based Christian literatures, our minds gradually conforms to & with God's standard lifestyle.

If u r aChristian bro, i urge you to study the Bible more, & cease to follow the lifestyle or pessimism & sarcasm & bad-mouthing of others, especially the write ups on Christ & Christian doctrines.
Are u for or against Christ?
Re: 30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians by ehinorlive: 1:05pm On May 28, 2017
my neighbor said whenever he is with his girl friend and if some should come looking for him that I should tell the person that he is not around.
meanwhile I am a good Christian I don't want to lie and this my friend is always good to me and also I don't want to offend him. what should I do in this case if somebody should come looking for him.
Re: 30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians by seuncyrus(m): 2:10pm On May 28, 2017
hh
Re: 30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians by gbogeig: 3:03pm On May 28, 2017
Re: 30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians by Nakuza(m): 4:01pm On May 28, 2017
So on point.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ten People Who Sold Their Soul To The Devil. / Life Is More Meaningless With God / It's Christmas Eve! Share Your Experience So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.