Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,222 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Gtbank Outrageous SMS Charges - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gtbank Outrageous SMS Charges (4845 Views)

New Data Charges: 10 Things I Will Start Doing / Shocking: Man Marries His Phone In Outrageous Wedding (photos) / Cameroon Government Fines MTN $160 Million For Corruption Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtbank Outrageous SMS Charges by luluosas(m): 6:46pm On Apr 28, 2015
Despite the competition in the banking industry where banks are positioning themselves to gain customer's confidence and continuous loyalty, GTBank seemed to be very comfortable with their current status hence their outrageous SMS charges being debited from their customers on a monthly basis.

Normal SMS charged by the telecom services providers are majorly N4/SMS. So, how much is GTBank charging their customers that one could be debited to the tune of N1000 and beyond in a single month? Haba! GTBank.

I am very sure that a lot of their customers are wondering now how manage did GTBank arrived in their SMS notification calculations to bill them so much. GTBank, you people should better change.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Outrageous SMS Charges by Hopez456(m): 6:50pm On Apr 28, 2015
Chai this is quite strange. but Op, how often are u using the ATM or transacting in a month? Why not go the customer center of the bank to complain?.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Outrageous SMS Charges by Yazmin: 7:45pm On Apr 28, 2015
Kindly visit any of their customer care desks or at least call your account officer to explain further.

To make us better judges for your complaints, kindly tell us how many transactions in and out were carried out within the debit period.

Your best bet remains the bank's explanation though.

Best of luck!!!!!
Re: Gtbank Outrageous SMS Charges by samintegrity(m): 9:02pm On Apr 28, 2015
Op. I must confess i was once a victim, funny enough i needed that money then, i was in sch and i was kinda broke told a frnd to help out, so he sent 1k, i was a little relived not to knw GTB had already been warning up 4 my money long b4 den, i was abt heading to d ATM, den i received a msg, 1k has been deduced for sms alert, men i nearly broke down in tears.. I was so angry had to call them, and if i can recall correctly i think i was told dey charge #10/sms buh still it ain't amount to 1k buh i jst got overcharged, bro believe me u, d nxt week i had to travel down to wia GTB was to deactivate it to avoid further story that touch. since den i prefer my emails notification as m mostly online and dey don't charge me 4 it.

2 Likes

Re: Gtbank Outrageous SMS Charges by Oshomo12(m): 9:36pm On Apr 28, 2015
samintegrity:
Op. I must confess i was once a victim, funny enough i needed that money then, i was in sch and i was kinda broke told a frnd to help out, so he sent 1k, i was a little relived not to knw GTB had already been warning up 4 my money long b4 den, i was abt heading to d ATM, den i received a msg, 1k has been deduced for sms alert, men i nearly broke down in tears.. I was so angry had to call them, and if i can recall correctly i think i was told dey charge #10/sms buh still it ain't amount to 1k buh i jst got overcharged, bro believe me u, d nxt week i had to travel down to wia GTB was to deactivate it to avoid further story that touch. since den i prefer my emails notification as m mostly online and dey don't charge me 4 it.

LOL! sorry o
Re: Gtbank Outrageous SMS Charges by henryskywalker2003(m): 10:19pm On Apr 28, 2015
Lol. Welcome to the club. I had noticed that a long time ago and I stopped and asked myself one silly question. What is the point of subscribing to sms alerts when I already have email alerts and I use a smartphone that notifies me the instant I get an email. The next day, I walked into the nearest branch and deactivated it sharparly.
Re: Gtbank Outrageous SMS Charges by Emmyk(m): 12:01am On Apr 29, 2015
I went to GTbank today to stop the SMS alert. angry

I complained recently on Twitter....

Re: Gtbank Outrageous SMS Charges by cberryx: 7:41pm On Oct 30, 2015
I just thought I was the only person that is being overcharged. Just this year April, Gtbank started charging me for Gens-Gurantee Trust Electronic Notification System. I complained to them on twitter and they said I should visit any Gtbank branch to deactivate it. What surprises me is that I was always getting SMS notifications without being overcharged until this Gens stuff came up. They should better watch it b4 majority of their customers will port to other banks. SMH

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Outrageous SMS Charges by Reediano(m): 4:17pm On Nov 02, 2015
Op just subscribe to email only alert thats if you have a stable internet connection and your email app is on auto sync.
Re: Gtbank Outrageous SMS Charges by Jerri7(m): 4:28pm On Nov 02, 2015
@op. Do like me and deactivate the sms through the online banking. I believe they even charge customers for unsolicited sms
Re: Gtbank Outrageous SMS Charges by Najwal: 7:11pm On Nov 02, 2015
Jerri7:
@op. Do like me and deactivate the sms through the online banking. I believe they even charge customers for unsolicited sms

Plz ooo how to deactivate through online banking am tied with this silly charges wen i still receive same alert through mail.
Re: Gtbank Outrageous SMS Charges by elobyobi: 6:04am On Jan 08, 2017
At least four of my friends have complained about this same thing this year. Its really sad, and annoying.
Re: Gtbank Outrageous SMS Charges by Reediano(m): 7:40am On Jan 08, 2017
luluosas:
Despite the competition in the banking industry where banks are positioning themselves to gain customer's confidence and continuous loyalty, GTBank seemed to be very comfortable with their current status hence their outrageous SMS charges being debited from their customers on a monthly basis.

Normal SMS charged by the telecom services providers are majorly N4/SMS. So, how much is GTBank charging their customers that one could be debited to the tune of N1000 and beyond in a single month? Haba! GTBank.

I am very sure that a lot of their customers are wondering now how manage did GTBank arrived in their SMS notification calculations to bill them so much. GTBank, you people should better change.

Gtbank is known for that....

Just go to the bank and ask them to stop the SMS alert...

Just subscribe for email alert only... It's free of charge
Re: Gtbank Outrageous SMS Charges by stone07(m): 8:07am On Jan 08, 2017
Reediano:

Gtbank is known for that....

Just go to the bank and ask them to stop the SMS alert...

Just subscribe for email alert only... It's free of charge
who told you email transaction messages are free. I went to meet them to stop d email messages.because they were charging me.
Re: Gtbank Outrageous SMS Charges by haykay2005: 8:51am On Jan 08, 2017
My last bill was 516 naira. Same gtbank. Our Government is doing nothing to protect us and is sad
Re: Gtbank Outrageous SMS Charges by nurez305(m): 11:36am On Jan 08, 2017
stone07:
who told you email transaction messages are free. I went to meet them to stop d email messages.because they were charging me.
bros email alert is 100percent free
Re: Gtbank Outrageous SMS Charges by WaterDrunkard: 2:09pm On Jan 08, 2017
Their email alert is not free, i was charged 30 naira on November and 70naira on December respectively last year
Re: Gtbank Outrageous SMS Charges by Reediano(m): 2:45pm On Jan 08, 2017
stone07:

I haven't noticed any extra deduction for email alert

(1) (Reply)

Current MTN Cheapest Call Tariff Plan After Recent Suspension of True Talk Plus / Unbelievable Features Of The Tecno Wx3. / Mtn Bis On Android Blocked???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.