Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit (34372 Views)

Buhari Gets $1bn Loan From Adesina’s Led african Development Bank / Merkel, Obama, Other World Leaders Invite Buhari To G-7 Berlin Summit / Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit by dre11(m): 7:12pm On Apr 28, 2015
The German Chancellor, Angela Merkel, has invited the President- elect, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, to the forthcoming Group of Seven industrialized nations of the world (G-7) summit in Berlin.
The invitation to the summit slated for May 8 and 9 in the German capital was delivered to Buhari by the German Ambassador to Nigeria, Michael Zenner, at the Defence House, Abuja, on Tuesday.
The G-7 nations are Canada, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, Japan, and the United States.
Merkel is the head of the G-7 group.
The Ambassador, however, did not elaborate on the details of the letter, but told journalists after holding a closed- door meeting with the President- elect that he came to congratulate him (Buhari) on his election and handed over to him the letter from the German Chancellor, inviting him to the G7 summit.
“We have a very deep and intense relation with Nigeria and there are several areas where we can deepen our relation and develop them further such as in the area of economy and energy among others.
“We have a bi- national commission with Nigeria and we are one of the countries with which Nigeria has this bi-national commission and it covers the whole range of political, economic and security areas. There are many areas in which we can move further and deepen our very close cooperation,” the envoy stated.
The French Ambassador to Nigeria, Denys Gauer, who was also at the Defence House, said the French government was ready to collaborate with the Nigerian government to end terrorism in the country in particular and the sub-region in general.
He told journalists after his meeting with Buhari that “As the French Ambassador, I came to congratulate the President- elect for his brilliant achievement. His election is an enormous achievement for Nigeria and the democratic development of Nigeria. The people of Nigeria had expressed their confidence in the President- elect. The challenges of Nigeria are enormous and I have come to wish him success.
“We also held a small talk about our bilateral relations. As you know, our relationship has developed quite well in recent years. In the economic field, Nigeria is already the first commercial partners of France in Africa.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/buhari-gets-g-7-invitation-for-berlin-summit/

Cc lalasticlala

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 28, 2015
Sai baba everywhere , Nigeria will be rank one of the best country soon, they can't do without a country like naija, see signing of ties everywhere but wait what has been happening since oga jona been there, quote me tanoids, na me u today grin pdp!!!! Phower grin

209 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit by PresidentT(m): 7:18pm On Apr 28, 2015
This is nice. The world is ready for us. Time for Nigeria to blossom. I think he should pass on the offer though.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit by ijustdey: 7:19pm On Apr 28, 2015
The invitation to the summit slated for May 8 and 9 in the German capital was delivered to Buhari
by the German Ambassador to Nigeria, Michael
Zenner, at the Defence House, Abuja, on Tuesday.

my president going places
he was gladly invited and did not lobby to be called

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit by theV0ice: 7:25pm On Apr 28, 2015
Very nice and welcome gesture. I expect this and its likes to lead to a more respectable and prosperous Nigeria in the comity of nations

God bless and keep GMB

God bless and sustain Nigeria.

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit by Princess042(f): 7:26pm On Apr 28, 2015
Nice move

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit by socialmediaman: 7:26pm On Apr 28, 2015
Now that is presidential!

63 Likes

Re: Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit by MizMyColi(f): 7:28pm On Apr 28, 2015
smiley smiley
All the best Sir.
Shine.
Soar.

You have my best wishes.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 28, 2015
Wow I'm impressed, now the world knows we have a leader.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit by SkyBlue1: 7:28pm On Apr 28, 2015
He hasn't even entered office and he is already improving the profile and image of the country.

147 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit by TRADELYN: 7:29pm On Apr 28, 2015
So, will he be representing Nigeria as the president-elect while we still have a sitting president?

These world leaders have no regard for president Jonathan. undecided

Yesterday, It was SA. Now, it's Germany. Tomorrow, it'll be UK, Israel...

I just see the signs everyday.

No matter what they do, we will not welcome the homosexual activities here.

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit by EdCure: 7:31pm On Apr 28, 2015
The world knows and respects a true African leader when it sees one. This is what we mean by #Change, and what the PDPian TANkids fail to understand.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit by arbitter: 7:31pm On Apr 28, 2015
Im pretty sure the summit is from June 7–8. Cant this news sites get a simple date right undecided
Re: Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 28, 2015
But he would not yet have been sworn in by then. Abeg Buhari should not go.
These people are our enemies they cannot be trusted.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit by Ikengawo: 7:36pm On Apr 28, 2015
socialmediaman:
Now that is presidential!
isnt he the president elect?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit by iyatrustee(f): 7:37pm On Apr 28, 2015
Now I am so sorry for GEJ! World leaders can't even respect him to complete his term before inviting GMB up and down

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit by Ikengawo: 7:37pm On Apr 28, 2015
EdCure:
The world knows and respects a true African leader when it sees one. This is what we mean by #Change, and what the PDPian TANkids fail to understand.
are you going to campaign for the rest of your life bro? Move on lol

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit by socialmediaman: 7:42pm On Apr 28, 2015
Ikengawo:
isnt he the president elect?

Of course, what I meant was, that is deserving!

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 28, 2015
Nigeria will be GREAT again.....start of something GOOD cheesy
#sai baba

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 28, 2015
GMB will put Nigeria back on track in becoming the first and only black super power on earth. At least most world leader's will begin to take us serious now because we have a competent man in charge not some oluwole happy go lucky we once had as a president.

26 Likes

Re: Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 28, 2015
Sai Buhari shocked
Buhari is set to return Nigeria where she belongs rightfully. grin
Someone has been raping the country called Nigeria in the last few Years.
Thank God she is now going for healing and deliverance to restore her womanhood.
God bless the 15mil plus that voted Buhari into power as President (already elected)
God bless my country Nigeria....

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit by omenka(m): 7:57pm On Apr 28, 2015
And it keeps getting better.

I can see a very great view in the horizon. The dawn of Nigeria's socio-economic re-emergence is here.

God bless GMB. smiley

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit by LouisVanGaal(m): 7:58pm On Apr 28, 2015
Cc

Mogidi, Firefire, ShowYourCertificate, anonimi, Barcanista,
Ikengawo, and ALL TANoids!

My father alway harp on these...Luck/Talent can take your ANYWHERE, but it takes integrity to keep u @ the top..

Thats the big diff between GEJ and GMB

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit by okotv(m): 8:00pm On Apr 28, 2015
so good to hear. Click like if you agree

17 Likes

Re: Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 28, 2015
Yeah opportunity for stabilizing world oil prices.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit by wachakuta(m): 8:03pm On Apr 28, 2015
Presido
Re: Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit by teemanbastos(m): 8:04pm On Apr 28, 2015
Chai
TRADELYN:
So, will he be representing Nigeria as the president-elect while we still have a sitting president?
These world leaders have no regard for president Jonathan. undecided
Yesterday, It was SA. Now, it's Germany. Tomorrow, it'll be UK, Israel...
I just see the signs everyday.
No matter what they do, we will not welcome the homosexual activities here.
Chai.. Bros abeg apply na... Use ur brain abeg.

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit by boman2014: 8:04pm On Apr 28, 2015
GEJ's administration was a total failure . We never enjoyed the fresh air he promised.
But GMB have not even resume office yet and we are enjoying a great wind of CHANGE.

29 Likes

Re: Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit by Cmediagroup: 8:05pm On Apr 28, 2015
Ok
Re: Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit by sukkot: 8:05pm On Apr 28, 2015
SAI BUHARI
KAI JONATHAN

26 Likes

Re: Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit by Demmzy15(m): 8:05pm On Apr 28, 2015
Baba I'm just loving you more and more! Carry go jor!

GMB my hero, FAYEMI my role model grin grin

39 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zahra Buhari Rocks N210,000 Dior Earrings (Photos) / Nigerians Should Present NIN Before Using Restaurants - Pantami / CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.