Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Home Based Vs Foreign Born - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Home Based Vs Foreign Born (951 Views)

Rohr To Use Egypt Friendly To Gauge Home-based Players / 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF / Keshi Retains 8 Home Based Eagles For Chad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Home Based Vs Foreign Born by binhozie(m): 10:06pm On Apr 28, 2015
Honestly I have always been a supporter of home based players being given the chance to prove their mettle in the senior team as they most times grab this opportunity and play with such dedication alien amongst the foreign based players
But currently considering our immediate needs and considering the fact that Nigeria is bereft of truly world class players in the senior team
but has a lot of youth team players playing in some of the top clubs in the world I tink our attention should shift to convincing this players to serve their fatherland or mother land as the case may be
nobody wants a repeat of the alaba episode dat could easily have been avoided
the just concluded youth fa cup had 5 players of Nigerian origin on display including iheanacho
considering the fact that this home based players are old and they rarely offer longetivity anymore as in the case of MBA nwaneri before him orjinta. a.Musa is a rare case thou recently
The above players should be invited if not in bulk at least 2 or 3 at a time to cap dem or sit on the bench or be invited to train with the seniors if dey are not deemed fit by the coaches because trust me by the time they start playing for the senior team it would be too late they would have been brain washed completely by their host nation. and some of the players we have hope in d future have not exactly made deir mark in deir clubs I.e yahaya Tottenham . chidera ezeh Porto . success granada

Chelsea
Solanke
Ola Aina
Fikayo Tomori

Man City
Tosin Adarabioyo
Iheanacho

Arsenal
S. Ajayi
C.Akpom
A. Iwobi

Liverpool
Delle Ali
Jordan Ibe
tiago ilori

Barcelona
Ekpolo
adekanye .bobby
BALOGUN

Real Madrid
Derrick Osede

Bayern
okoroji

This guys are in top clubs they can't be waste pips
And Iorfa and Odubajo who are amongst the best right backs in the championship the same one where our dear omeruo is sitting on the bench

to me aside sokari afelokhai akpeyi Nathaniel obanor ogbonaya esieme Udoh Ejike rabiu ali old man the oda home based are not super eagles standard
Re: Home Based Vs Foreign Born by Jaypea98: 1:03am On Apr 29, 2015
We don't need most those guys cause we have adequate alternatives.Somebody ols tell pinnick amaju to stop wobbling around emirates stadium and face our league.GABROS FC Keeper Ezeh and Entimba FC keeoer femi thomas should be given a chance.
Players like
Bright Esieme
Rabiu Ali
Chinedu Udoji
Kingsley Sokari
Emen Eduok
Osagona etc should Also be given a chance to prove themselves.
The NNF Technical committee should advisably put up a panel of scouts consisting of journalists who love the league like @Mekus_Mekus To go round the country and source for those best legs in our top flight.
Re: Home Based Vs Foreign Born by taiocol: 6:42am On Apr 29, 2015
The league have talents to get us to the promise land, but inferiority is the problem of our coaches and the nff.

For every player based in Europe you mention, I will give you three players better than em
Re: Home Based Vs Foreign Born by binhozie(m): 12:20am On Apr 30, 2015
I share your sentiment but Nigerian groomed players are known age cheats dats y dey hardly last for long and dats y u see a Nigerian youth team player in bayern or arsenal coming for trial in d youth team and not making the cut if we are looking to build a team dat will take us at least for 7 years not the traditional build after 3 yrs see d newly built afcon 2013 champions now we are building again players like Eto lasted long cos dey r playing with something close to their age or real age how many of this home based players can carry deir performance for about 5 yrs see MBA for instance he is gone
Thot eduak is in n.Africa now
Re: Home Based Vs Foreign Born by tpiadotcom: 12:22am On Apr 30, 2015
Hm
Re: Home Based Vs Foreign Born by taiocol: 7:46am On Apr 30, 2015
binhozie:
I share your sentiment but Nigerian groomed players are known age cheats dats y dey hardly last for long and dats y u see a Nigerian youth team player in bayern or arsenal coming for trial in d youth team and not making the cut if we are looking to build a team dat will take us at least for 7 years not the traditional build after 3 yrs see d newly built afcon 2013 champions now we are building again players like Eto lasted long cos dey r playing with something close to their age or real age how many of this home based players can carry deir performance for about 5 yrs see MBA for instance he is gone
Thot eduak is in n.Africa now
before we start arguing is Diego Costa 25?
Re: Home Based Vs Foreign Born by binhozie(m): 8:32am On Apr 30, 2015
taiocol:

before we start arguing is Diego Costa 25?

I can't say maybe that's why scolari did not include him in his plans for the future and he moved over to another country dat could accommodate him
That being said my point is someone like Emem eduak look at his face his not 21 pls he still frolicking with age grade completions dat guy shld be in d senior team with his mates or juniors self
but its easier to trust d ones born abroad look at akpom and iwobi and solanke dey look dere age and dey can give u like 10 yrs active football can osaguona or rabiu ali give u dat its possible but is it certain
Alaba was not good enough to play left back in 2009 because he was unfairly contesting with his egbon
where is d edile dat made d coach drop him
even S.Ajayi was dropped for Ndidi Wilfred . Ndidi is good but S.Ajayi is in ARSENAL NOW Wenger bought him last year. y is Wenger blind?, he nows how to spot good young talent abi .

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter From Manchester United Fans To Chelsea Fans. / Oscar Vs Mata: One Year On / New Season Jersey + Free Customisation Original Jersey.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.