Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,580 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF (14849 Views)

Chelsea Starlet Tammy Abraham To Dump England For Nigeria - NFF Claims / Lesbianism Kills Women's Soccer Teams In Nigeria - NFF Former VP, Seyi Akinwumi / Lesbianism Kills Women’s Soccer Teams In Nigeria – NFF Former VP, Seyi Akinwumi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by londonrivals: 9:32am On Feb 29, 2016
Nigerian Football Federation president Amaju Pinnick has vowed not to employ a foreign coach to take charge of the Super Eagles again after Sunday Oliseh's handling of the job and resignation on social media while he was away at Zurich for FIFA's elections.

Amaju, who christened Sunday Oliseh 'Africa's Pep Guardiola' upon his appointment last year says the era of giving indigenious coaches a chance to head the Super Eagles is over, saying Samson Siasia will take over the team temporarily while the NFF look for the perfect 'foreign' replacement.

“After this Sunday Oliseh debacle, we have definitely turned the corner. We are now going to start shopping for a well grounded and qualified foreign coach to tinker the Team. Enough is enough. What we have learnt is that there is a world of difference between being a good coach and being a good manager”, he said.

While announcing his resignation on Twitter, Oliseh said “Due to contract violations, lack of support, unpaid wages, benefits to my players, assistant coaches and myself, I resign as Super Eagles chief coach. I feel fortunate, blessed and eternally grateful for having had the honour to play, captain and coach this great nation of ours, Nigeria.”

But according to reports the NFF are planning legal action against Oliseh citing he broke contractual obligations after he resigned without giving a month's notice plus in his contract he was told to live in Nigeria and given rent but refused to live here to perform his coaching duties.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/02/no-more-home-based-coaches-for-nigeria.html
Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by Last2comment(m): 9:35am On Feb 29, 2016
Better

1 Like

Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by majamajic(m): 9:39am On Feb 29, 2016
its better , i hate Nigerian coaches handling the super eagles.
Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by mulattoclaro(m): 9:58am On Feb 29, 2016
Better. I hate nigerian coaches. They know nothing. My candidates for the job are Jurgen Klinsmann, Guus Hiddink or Louis Vak Gaal.

1 Like

Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by mars123(m): 1:26pm On Feb 29, 2016
Nigerian coaches wants a share of the national cake through NFF, foreign coaches don't think that way. so I guess we should protect our investments. chop alone and die alone lipsrsealed
Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:54pm On Feb 29, 2016
The day NFF stops playing politics with Nigeria's football is the day eagles(super,flying,eaglets) will start moving forward..

20 Likes

Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by kimond101: 5:55pm On Feb 29, 2016
That is how Sunday Oliseh would be the name that ensured Nigerian coaches are not given the opportunity to coach Nigerian team.

13 Likes

Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by Sunnycliff(m): 5:56pm On Feb 29, 2016
And now if one talks about local content and indigenous football coaching development some buffons will be defending the NFF! THIS is not part of buy naija grow naira! Scam APC

11 Likes

Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by Zakkyoz: 5:56pm On Feb 29, 2016
NFF is full of novice. they are confused. they don't even know what they want again.

bring foreign coach today and tomorrow criticism will start.
Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by lonelydora: 5:56pm On Feb 29, 2016
Welcome development. At least for now.

But, is Ben Bruce aware of this? NFF remember our #buynaijatogrownaija campaign.

1 Like

Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by Odunsco01(m): 5:57pm On Feb 29, 2016
National moi-moi
Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 29, 2016
I'm after trophy
Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by Sasuwa(f): 5:57pm On Feb 29, 2016
Fg should remember buy naija save naira

4 Likes

Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by mmsen: 5:58pm On Feb 29, 2016
Keshi won a continental title.

All of these useless foreign coaches never win anything.

32 Likes

Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by centyboy: 5:58pm On Feb 29, 2016
Vanity Upon Vanity... cry
Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by dunkem21(m): 5:58pm On Feb 29, 2016
grin .. I agree totally ..

In fact, "no more home based PRESIDENT for Nigeria grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by biafranbaby(m): 5:59pm On Feb 29, 2016
Van Gaal will soon be available.

At least he won't start by denying he's not Igbo.

4 Likes

Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by ebonge1: 5:59pm On Feb 29, 2016
Okay, after na jay jay and papilo we go see. Rotation remains. All da best 9ja

1 Like

Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by Nobody: 6:00pm On Feb 29, 2016
I can't imagine a brohaha of this calibre. Now our scarce resources would be stationed away from Nigeria and listified to the foreign world. Its cantercaross.
The cardiac clover in which oliseh left the job in dismay isn't anything to write home about, but we shall scape this era of blamblam.

Anyways...

DrabeyWasHere
Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by kachnov(m): 6:00pm On Feb 29, 2016
Yep...the last one was a big mumu.
Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by Smooyis(m): 6:00pm On Feb 29, 2016
NFF should not hire foreign coach. No no no. Siasia, Amunike, and manu garba are great coaches.

It's NFF that needs to take care of its own responsibility, and have attitudinal change.

4 Likes

Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by olapluto(m): 6:00pm On Feb 29, 2016
Up next, we will see a washed up 'foreign coach'- Ignorance of NFF. Even a Ghanaian is a foreign coach.

6 Likes

Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by Kirinwa: 6:00pm On Feb 29, 2016
Nonsense NFF. Let me see them owing foreign coaches.
We are talking of paying them in dollars which will heigten the woes of Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by dennisworld1(m): 6:00pm On Feb 29, 2016
i hate nff. Is as if they are the ones coaching

3 Likes

Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by ezera(m): 6:01pm On Feb 29, 2016
Immature and impulsive NFF Boss and IMMATURE AND IMPULSIVE EX COACH. Match made in heaven. Thought he was the Guadiola of Africa. Bet he meant Moyes. Shout out to Man United! winks**

5 Likes

Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by Vodkka(m): 6:01pm On Feb 29, 2016
Make una go employ Sampaoli or klinsman[img][/img]
Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by EastanPower(m): 6:02pm On Feb 29, 2016
mulattoclaro:
Better. I hate nigerian coaches. They know nothing.
Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by dfrost: 6:02pm On Feb 29, 2016
At least until we get our acts right. But it's really embarrassing that as a footballing nation, we are yet to get it right as per improving our lot in the footballing world. Our problem does not like with local or foreign coaches/managers. It's the interference with the decisions of the manager/coach and the ego of these coaches NFF employs.

It happened with Westerhorf and Bonfere Jo. NFF should desist from selecting players for the team.

I tire for our NFF matter.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Manchester United Agree Sanchez Loan Deal to Inter Milan / Chelsea Target Lascelles Happy At Newcastle / Jude Ighalo Has Not Reversed His Decision To Retire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.