Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,931 members, 7,835,109 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

I Never Apologised To Bode George – Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Apologised To Bode George – Tinubu (1448 Views)

Buhari Hasn’t Apologised To Senate – Presidency / Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer / Bode George: Tinubu Has Begged Me For Forgiveness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Apologised To Bode George – Tinubu by talk2smat(m): 1:54am On Apr 29, 2015
The national leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has denied apologising to the leader of the Peoples Democratic Party in Lagos State, Chief Bode George. George had said during an interview with the Sunday PUNCH that Tinubu was responsible for his imprisonment but had apologised to him at the burial of the Deputy President General of Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs, Alhaji Abdul-Azeez Arisekola-Alao, in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, last year. However, Tinubu in a statement by his media adviser, Mr. Sunday Dare, said he never apologised to George since he had nothing to do with George’s incarceration.

He said although they both met at Arisekola-Alao’s burial, their conversation had nothing to do with an apology. He said, “Mr. George claims the alleged apology was made at the burial of Chief Alao-Arisekola. On that date, personalities such as Oba Otudeko and Governor Ajimobi approached me because I did not greet Mr. George initially. They pleaded that, in the memory of the man we were all gathered to honour, I should greet Mr. George. At their request, I turned back and came to greet him by saying’Good Afternoon Egbon (senior).’ That was all.” Tinubu, who is a former Governor of Lagos State, said he could not have been involved in the incarceration of George since it was the Federal Government that instituted the case against him. He said rather, it was people within George’s party that orchestrated his two-year jail term in Kirikiri prison.

He explained that George, who has since been exonerated by the Supreme Court, was convicted of ‘invoice splitting’ which had nothing to do with politics. He said, “Mr. George seeks to imbue me with more power than I could possibly have. I am flattered but in all humility I must protest the false assessment. If he can remember, the government of the day was that of the PDP.”“I have never had or sought much influence in those circles. He was charged by the government ruled by his own party for an offence concerning financial irregularities at the Nigeria Port Authority, an appointment he received from that same government. “It is an incredible tale indeed to state that somehow I could direct a party that tried to dismantle the progressive political structure of my party to bring down one of its key members. “The more plausible explanation for his legal tribulation was that a member of his own cabal blew the whistle on Mr. George’s antics for reasons that only he and that person truly know. The rest is now history.”

Credit: http://www.punchng.com/news/i-never-apologised-to-bode-george-tinubu-2/

Re: I Never Apologised To Bode George – Tinubu by mrofficial(m): 2:26am On Apr 29, 2015
I thought as much.
Re: I Never Apologised To Bode George – Tinubu by shrek4(m): 2:26am On Apr 29, 2015
Who would stoop so low to apologize to that scumbag?!
Re: I Never Apologised To Bode George – Tinubu by Vikkie14: 2:40am On Apr 29, 2015
Apologizing may not be a Sign of Weakness but Strength. The problem why reconciliation (even in marriage)becomes an herculean task is because we are too proud to say SORRY when we are on the wrong side.
Someone is Lying between Tinubu and Bode George and i can deduce that either Tinubu or George is trying not to be seen as Weakling, or either one of the duo is trying to show he has more power and respect than the other.
Re: I Never Apologised To Bode George – Tinubu by pyyxxaro: 2:42am On Apr 29, 2015
How does this affect the price of DUNHILL SWITCH in Shoprite undecided
Re: I Never Apologised To Bode George – Tinubu by shrek4(m): 2:43am On Apr 29, 2015
Vikkie14:
Apologizing may not be a Sign of Weakness but Strength. The problem why reconciliation (even in marriage)becomes an herculean task is because we are too proud to say SORRY when we are on the wrong side.
Someone is Lying between Tinubu and Bode George and i can deduce that either Tinubu or George is trying not to be seen as Weakling, or either one of the duo is trying to show he has more power and respect than the other.

Would you apologize for cursing someone who insulted your heritage?!
Re: I Never Apologised To Bode George – Tinubu by mohammad11: 4:39am On Apr 29, 2015
Both of them are after thier personality and stamping its superiority.
But i love someone who make peace with others.
Re: I Never Apologised To Bode George – Tinubu by TheOtherview: 6:17am On Apr 29, 2015
Vikkie14:

Come on now, whose account sounds more credible?

Clearly, Georgie Boy appears to be one preparing a soft landing with respect to his own volte-face:

Speaking with Vanguard, on the PDP’s defeat at the polls, the PDP chieftain said “What will I be doing here? I can decide to go and live anywhere. Look at everyone surrounding him (Buhari).

So, I am not joking about it, what will I be doing here? At 70, what will I be doing here? All we have been doing to restructure the country has been lost. We have been trying to ensure balance in the polity but all that has gone. What else will I be doing here?
Speaking with Vanguard, on the PDP’s defeat at the polls, the PDP chieftain said “What will I be doing here? I can decide to go and live anywhere. Look at everyone surrounding him (Buhari).

”So, I am not joking about it, what will I be doing here? At 70, what will I be doing here? All we have been doing to restructure the country has been lost. We have been trying to ensure balance in the polity but all that has gone. What else will I be doing here?
Source

^^^Since he was not joking, according to the article excerpted above, he needs to be done with his emigration forthwith.
The day Bode George stops polluting his local ward on Lagos Island with perfidy, will be the day sanity returns.

I did not apologise to you, Tinubu replies Bode George

April 29, 2015

[img]http://cdn1.vanguardngr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/412x250xAsiwaju-Bola-Ahmed-Tinubu.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Y-v4KXNl-4.webp[/img]

National leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has denied ever apologising to Chief Bode George, the erstwhile deputy national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP over his incarceration for alleged contract splitting.

In a statement issued by his media office, Tinubu said George’s account of their meeting at the burial of Chief Alao Arisekola last year was a twist of the facts as he said that he, Tinubu, was only beckoned by some dignitaries to greet George who he claimed he had earlier ignored.

Tinubu said that the attempt by George to take that greeting as an apology could only be a way for the PDP leader to walk back from his earlier vow to go on exile should General Muhammadu Buhari win the presidential election.

Chief George had in an interview by a national weekly last weekend claimed that he had forgiven Tinubu for his alleged role in sending him, George to prison after receiving the apology at Arisekola’s burial last year.

Tinubu’s response read thus:
“I was informed about a recent interview by Bode George in one of the national dailies and felt it necessary to clarify his claim that I begged him for forgiveness. I don’t know when and how I ever offended Mr. George. I have never wronged the man or even thought of it. I sought no forgiveness because no forgiveness was needed.

“I think somehow he is still trying to implicate me as instigating the criminal proceedings once lodged against him. From my recollection, Mr. George was found guilty by a court of competent jurisdiction based on convincing evidence of wrongdoing. He insults the judiciary by implying that his conviction was wrongly derived.

“Mr. George seeks to imbue me with more power than I could possibly have. I am flattered but in all humility, I must protest the false assessment.

If he can remember, the government of the day was that of the PDP. I have never had nor sought much influence in those circles.

”He was charged by the government ruled by his own party for an offence concerning financial irregularities at the Nigeria Port Authority, NPA, an appointment he received from that same government. It is an incredible tale indeed to state that somehow I could direct a party that tried to dismantle the progressive political structure of my party to bring down one of its key members.”
Source
Re: I Never Apologised To Bode George – Tinubu by TheOtherview: 6:21am On Apr 29, 2015
Re: I Never Apologised To Bode George – Tinubu by icedfire(m): 1:46am On Apr 30, 2017
pyyxxaro:

Do they have DUNHILL switch green at Shoprite? Whats the price? I bought it for 10aed in uae (about 1500)
Re: I Never Apologised To Bode George – Tinubu by Vicolan: 6:31am On Apr 30, 2017
Who u epp? Bunch of thieves
Re: I Never Apologised To Bode George – Tinubu by Jabioro: 6:54am On Apr 30, 2017
George! Bode can lie.. shiooor!
Re: I Never Apologised To Bode George – Tinubu by inourcare: 7:18am On Apr 30, 2017
Rightly.
Re: I Never Apologised To Bode George – Tinubu by danot1030: 7:22am On Apr 30, 2017
Tinubu can never and will never apologize to Bode George.

Who be Bode George self? He is a learner.
Re: I Never Apologised To Bode George – Tinubu by eagleeye2: 7:28am On Apr 30, 2017
All I'm seeing is, Tinubu Cannot. ....... Tinubu cannot..... is Tinubu above stooping low to apologize to another? abi Tinubu na 'god'
Re: I Never Apologised To Bode George – Tinubu by codeinecrazy(m): 7:31am On Apr 30, 2017
pyyxxaro:
The federal ministry of health warns that tobacco smokers are liable to die young.
Re: I Never Apologised To Bode George – Tinubu by pyyxxaro: 10:14am On Apr 30, 2017
icedfire:

Do they have DUNHILL switch green at Shoprite? Whats the price? I bought it for 10aed in uae (about 1500)

#300 for a pack wink
Re: I Never Apologised To Bode George – Tinubu by icedfire(m): 11:22am On Apr 30, 2017
pyyxxaro:

#300 for a pack wink
Are you sure it's dunhill switch the green one? It shouldn't be less than 2k

(1) (Reply)

Political Gain For The North: Why North Central But Not South Central / Names Of Pastors That Collected N6-billion As Bribe From PDP To Blast APC / How Anenih Made Me Leave PDP- Edo Former Gov.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.