Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,358 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Australia Recalls Its Ambassador To Indonesia After The Execution. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Australia Recalls Its Ambassador To Indonesia After The Execution. (609 Views)

The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber / Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore / Australia Recalls Ambassador To Indonesia After Executions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Australia Recalls Its Ambassador To Indonesia After The Execution. by marycool18(f): 7:49am On Apr 29, 2015
(CNN)Australia has recalled its ambassador to Indonesia for consultations after two Australians were among eight drug smugglers executed by firing squad early Wednesday.

Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott called the executions "cruel and unnecessary" because both men, Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran, had been "fully rehabilitated" during a decade in prison.

Abbott didn't say what permanent actions, if any, would be taken against Indonesia. "This is a dark moment in the relationship, but I'm sure the relationship will be restored," he said.

One of the men's Indonesian lawyers, Todung Mulya Lubis tweeted his apologies. "I failed. I lost," he said. "I'm sorry."
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/04/28/asia/indonesia-firing-squad-executions/
Re: Australia Recalls Its Ambassador To Indonesia After The Execution. by galadima77(m): 7:52am On Apr 29, 2015
I expect Nigeria to follow suit even if I don't encourage their crimes.
Re: Australia Recalls Its Ambassador To Indonesia After The Execution. by Xslaze3xd(m): 7:56am On Apr 29, 2015
the deed has already being done ...

R.I.P you all
Every Hustle na Hustle Every Way na Way
Re: Australia Recalls Its Ambassador To Indonesia After The Execution. by loomer: 8:10am On Apr 29, 2015
Wetin we de gain from Indonesia self, make we close our embassy for there.
Re: Australia Recalls Its Ambassador To Indonesia After The Execution. by Mynd44: 8:13am On Apr 29, 2015
galadima77:
I expect Nigeria to follow suit even if I don't encourage their crimes.
You do realize this is hypocrisy right? For the love of God, Nigeria also has the death penalty in her statutes so we have no moral stand here.
Re: Australia Recalls Its Ambassador To Indonesia After The Execution. by galadima77(m): 8:18am On Apr 29, 2015
Mynd44:

You do realize this is hypocrisy right? For the love of God, Nigeria also has the death penalty in her statutes so we have no moral stand here.

I thought that was only in the military era
Re: Australia Recalls Its Ambassador To Indonesia After The Execution. by Mynd44: 8:19am On Apr 29, 2015
galadima77:

I thought that was only in the military era
It is still there

(1) (Reply)

So Sad!! Man Shot Dead By Armed Robbers In Abuja Just 3 Days To His Wedding. / PHOTO: Domestic Staff Who Murdered Magistrate In Ogun To Die By Hanging / What Is Your View On Torture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.