Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,488 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Opinion: How Do We Improve Power? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Opinion: How Do We Improve Power? (905 Views)

How To Improve On Your Confidence... / How Can We Improve This Forum? Let's Know Your Opinion / In Your Opinion How True Is This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: How Do We Improve Power? by RobinHez(m): 8:25am On Apr 29, 2015
In your own thoughts, what do you think is the solution to the power crisis in Nigeria? Remember many companies have relocated to other neighbouring countries because, there's no electricity power in Nigeria. Also remember the story of the guy who lost a job interview because he didn't have 'light' to iron his clothes. So how do we solve this?

I'm of the opinion that each household should raise enough fund to become solar powered thereby reducing the dependence on the Government to provide energy.
Re: Opinion: How Do We Improve Power? by opeaceo: 8:42am On Apr 29, 2015
The gases being flared in the South should be stopped and put to good use and more hydro power plants should be built.
You mentioned solar power, solar power isn't that reliable. I would have suggested Nuclear power and Fossil fuels, but Nigeria as a country cannot handle the hazards that comes with it.
Re: Opinion: How Do We Improve Power? by RobinHez(m): 8:46am On Apr 29, 2015
opeaceo:
The gases being flared in the South should be stopped and put to good use and more hydro power plants should be built.
You mentioned solar power, solar power isn't that reliable. I would have suggested Nuclear power and Fossil fuels, but Nigeria as a country cannot handle the hazards that comes with it.
Good one, but we have abundance of sunshine over here...it won't be harmful if we utilize that. U know it doesn't have any effect on the environment.
Re: Opinion: How Do We Improve Power? by opeaceo: 8:55am On Apr 29, 2015
RobinHez:

Good one, but we have abundance of sunshine over here...it won't be harmful if we utilize that. U know it doesn't have any effect on the environment.
Yes, it won't be harmful, I think the North would benefit a lot more if we utilize it than any other part of the country.
Re: Opinion: How Do We Improve Power? by opeaceo: 8:55am On Apr 29, 2015
RobinHez:

Wind turbines are mostly situated along coastal areas and so the north cannot benefit from it.
Re: Opinion: How Do We Improve Power? by RobinHez(m): 8:59am On Apr 29, 2015
opeaceo:

Yes, it won't be harmful, I think the North would benefit a lot more if we utilize it than any other part of the country.
Yeah...they've also got wind over there
Re: Opinion: How Do We Improve Power? by RobinHez(m): 12:01pm On Apr 29, 2015
Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Opinion: How Do We Improve Power? by RobinHez(m): 12:33pm On Apr 29, 2015
opeaceo:

Wind turbines are mostly situated along coastal areas and so the north cannot benefit from it.
Really?
Re: Opinion: How Do We Improve Power? by opeaceo: 12:49pm On Apr 29, 2015
RobinHez:

Really?
Yes, not that it can't the situated in the north, it can, but an average speed is needed to power the turbines so its best and profitable if its situated along coastal areas.
Re: Opinion: How Do We Improve Power? by RobinHez(m): 12:51pm On Apr 29, 2015
opeaceo:

Yes, not that it can't the situated in the north, it can, but an average speed is needed to power the turbines so its best and profitable if its situated along coastal areas.
But I thought the north experiences more wind than anyother part of the country?
Re: Opinion: How Do We Improve Power? by opeaceo: 12:57pm On Apr 29, 2015
RobinHez:

But I thought the north experiences more wind than anyother part of the country?
Hmmm, I'm not too sure about that

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of 'oyinbo Man' Looking For Fuel On Okada (photo) / Na Condition Dey Make Crayfish Bend''is Ut A Poor Man's Adage?? / Timeline Of Nigerian History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.