Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,814 members, 7,862,701 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:12 AM

Is It Wrong That He Cares For His Fathers Sight? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wrong That He Cares For His Fathers Sight? (585 Views)

Lady Who Hit Menopause At Just 22, Now Cares For Dolls As Her Kids. / New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage / Is It Wrong That I Dont Allow My Children Watch Tv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong That He Cares For His Fathers Sight? by Abduletudaye(m): 11:07am On Apr 29, 2015
I have this friend who i stayed with for a very brief period and during my stay, nothing seemed unusual until one fateful day. That day, my friend had gotten fed up with this particular local lamp his dad uses. Hes been telling his father in a playful tone that 'one day the local lamp would just disappear'. His father usually laughed it off but that day, his father told him to light up the local lamp since it was already night fall. My friend refused and told his dad that he wouldnt be part of anything that would be detrimental to his fathers eyes. His son even said his father had a rechargeable lamp upstairs that was better. His refused him going to take the rechargeable but insisted on the local lamp. His father got angry because his son was bothered about his eyes. Atleast, thats how i see it..

So Nairalanders, is it so wrong to care for your dad?
Re: Is It Wrong That He Cares For His Fathers Sight? by Creamish(f): 11:20am On Apr 29, 2015
No it's not wrong. Not sure tho y he'd rather use the lamp. Is he reading with it or ...? Is there some kinda nostalgic attachment to the lamp?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong That He Cares For His Fathers Sight? by Jackeeh(m): 11:29am On Apr 29, 2015
Your friend is doing the right thing the wrong way. His father isn't a child. If his father prefers a local lamp to a rechargeable lamp, it's the man's choice. If he has tried to reason with the old man and the old man is still stubborn, force is never an option to employ. As a child with a stubborn parent, all you need is wisdom, love and patience. He disobeyed his father by refusing to go get the lamp. He has good intentions but he's going about it the wrong way. If it were me, I'd secretly destroy the local lamp. Maybe spoil the Lantern's wick. Or use nail to create a hole under it such that lamp oil leaks or innocently break the globe. If he buys another, I continue the subtle operation while still suggesting to him that the rechargeable is better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong That He Cares For His Fathers Sight? by Abduletudaye(m): 11:43am On Apr 29, 2015
Creamish:
No it's not wrong. Not sure tho y he'd rather use the lamp. Is he reading with it or ...? Is there some kinda nostalgic attachment to the lamp?

He uses it for reading too and even uses a small piece of paper to block most of the light. undecided
Re: Is It Wrong That He Cares For His Fathers Sight? by Creamish(f): 11:47am On Apr 29, 2015
Abduletudaye:

He uses it for reading too and even uses a small piece of paper to block most of the light. undecided

Can he be educated on the ills of using a dim lit lamp to read? I'd go with Jackeeh's sabotage too. Destroy d wick or sth...hoping he dosnt have a carton of spares....mayb then he'd adjust to the available option (rechargeable lamp) as against his preferred.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong That He Cares For His Fathers Sight? by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 29, 2015
It's not wrong but there are other way to go about it. He can keep the lamp without his know plut what the guy above me mentioned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong That He Cares For His Fathers Sight? by Jackeeh(m): 11:55am On Apr 29, 2015
Creamish:

Can he be educated on the ills of using a dim lit lamp to read? I'd go with Jackeeh's sabotage too. Destroy d wick or sth...hoping he dosnt have a carton of spares....mayb then he'd adjust to the available option (rechargeable lamp) as against his preferred.

Loooool@....carton of spares...

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Divine Backing For The New Month / Substitute Olive Oil With Coconut Oil And Enjoy Much More Benefits / Royal House Releases Prince George’s Birthday (photos) As He Turns 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.