Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,951 members, 7,810,634 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

How Do I Get A Driver's License..especially Since I Can't Drive? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do I Get A Driver's License..especially Since I Can't Drive? (4761 Views)

Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! / Just Got A Car But Can't Drive It Because Of This....what Do I Do?? / FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get A Driver's License..especially Since I Can't Drive? by deathwing(m): 11:14am On Apr 29, 2015
Hello folks.

I am thinking of getting my first car soon.
How does one going about getting a driver's license? At what cost?
Note that I cannot drive yet, and I heard there is usually a test or something like that?
Does this mean I have to enroll in a driving school first before I get a car?

Thank you for your suggestions.
Re: How Do I Get A Driver's License..especially Since I Can't Drive? by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 29, 2015
Go to FRSC office and apply for one.

No test driving, they will give you. They need the money more than you .

Modified : 25/09/16

You need to attend a driving school now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get A Driver's License..especially Since I Can't Drive? by chillex8(m): 11:28am On Apr 29, 2015
Naughtysite:
Go to FRSC office and apply for one.

No test driving, they will give you. They need the money more than you .
Not any more
Re: How Do I Get A Driver's License..especially Since I Can't Drive? by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 29, 2015
chillex8:

Not any more

Okay, inform me jare.

What's the new procedure ?
Re: How Do I Get A Driver's License..especially Since I Can't Drive? by chillex8(m): 11:32am On Apr 29, 2015
Naughtysite:

Okay, inform me jare.

@ O.P

What's the new procedure ?
Go to a proper driving school first.

You have no business owning a drivers license without knowledge of driving skills..

It's called a DRIVER's LICENSE.

If, you need a national ID card, apply for one..

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Get A Driver's License..especially Since I Can't Drive? by deathwing(m): 11:59am On Apr 29, 2015
chillex8:

Go to a proper driving school first.
You have no business owning a drivers license without knowledge of driving skills..
It's called a DRIVER's LICENSE.
If, you need a national ID card, apply for one..

So what happens at the FRSC office? They give an actual exam or what? DO driving schools teach Theory too?
Re: How Do I Get A Driver's License..especially Since I Can't Drive? by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:45pm On Apr 29, 2015
deathwing:
Hello folks.

I am thinking of getting my first car soon.
How does one going about getting a driver's license? At what cost?
Note that I cannot drive yet, and I heard there is usually a test or something like that?
Does this mean I have to enroll in a driving school first before I get a car?

Thank you for your suggestions.

From your moniker I see you want a license to kill.

My friend go an learn to drive or get a learners permit.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get A Driver's License..especially Since I Can't Drive? by deathwing(m): 1:27pm On Apr 29, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

From your moniker I see you want a license to kill.

My friend go an learn to drive or get a learners permit.

Haha. Haba na. My Moniker is my favorite character from a great fantasy i once read.

I just dey ask for advise o. I am a recluse after a fashion. I don't know 'things of the world'.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get A Driver's License..especially Since I Can't Drive? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 29, 2015
deathwing it's actually very easy to get a driving licence, but seriously you need to learn how to drive before applying for one
Re: How Do I Get A Driver's License..especially Since I Can't Drive? by deathwing(m): 9:47am On Apr 30, 2015
Thank you. I'll look into enrolling in a driving school this weekend so i can drive my own car out of the lot

vichks:
deathwing it's actually very easy to get a driving licence, but seriously you need to learn how to drive before applying for one
Re: How Do I Get A Driver's License..especially Since I Can't Drive? by balash(m): 7:58am On May 04, 2015
Gone are the days when they would bring your drivers license to you at home and you would pay them. Its Fake though But funny enough our Nigerian Police dont know the difference.

Thats why u see almost everyone avoiding F.R.S.C

But Nowadays U have to learn to drive and all ..
Re: How Do I Get A Driver's License..especially Since I Can't Drive? by pragmatistm(m): 4:23pm On May 04, 2015
First thing is apply to a recognized driving school for driving training. Check FRSC website for recognized driving school in your state.
https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/
Inform the driving school that you want to apply for drivers license. After you have passed your driving training you will then take your driving school certificate and go to a government hospital for eye test. You will collect the eye test clearance and combine with your driving school cert and go to FRSC office to apply for your driver's license. You will follow their instructions which include going to VIO office for driving test.
Re: How Do I Get A Driver's License..especially Since I Can't Drive? by Creamish(f): 4:51pm On May 04, 2015
balash:
Gone are the days when they would bring your drivers license to you at home and you would pay them. Its Fake though But funny enough our Nigerian Police dont know the difference.

Thats why u see almost everyone avoiding F.R.S.C

But Nowadays U have to learn to drive and all ..

There is a link to verify the authenticity of the drivers license now. Il suggest he goes thru the right process. Learn to drive first so he dosnt kill himself or worse..someone else.

Got mine renewed at FRSC. Walk in to any FRSC or VIO office and make ur request. U will fill a form and pay a sum. They will also get ur biometrics done (fingerprints, facial capture). Then u will be given a temporary card dat is valid for 3 months. 2 months after my temp license expired, I got the permanent license.

Even if ur not tested, do the right thing by learning.
Re: How Do I Get A Driver's License..especially Since I Can't Drive? by balash(m): 11:27pm On May 04, 2015
Creamish:

There is a link to verify the authenticity of the drivers license now. Il suggest he goes thru the right process. Learn to drive first so he dosnt kill himself or worse..someone else.

Got mine renewed at FRSC. Walk in to any FRSC or VIO office and make ur request. U will fill a form and pay a sum. They will also get ur biometrics done (fingerprints, facial capture). Then u will be given a temporary card dat is valid for 3 months. 2 months after my temp license expired, I got the permanent license.

Even if ur not tested, do the right thing by learning.

Yes Surely But They already collected Money from Some Lily Livered Individuals so Its would be late when they get to the frsc Office, But its a nice advice to learn to drive though..
Re: How Do I Get A Driver's License..especially Since I Can't Drive? by anderssa(m): 9:25pm On Sep 18, 2023
It is important to emphasize the importance of following correct and legal procedures when obtaining a driver's license. Learning to drive and obtaining a license through established channels is not only a legal requirement, but also a crucial step in ensuring safety on the roads for oneself and others. Well, and of course you should know that a driver's license can be obtained and https://drunkid.com/buy/california-fake-id/ absolutely without taking an exam. If a person has already paid money to people who are not authorized to issue licenses, he or she must still go through the proper procedure to obtain a valid driver's license. Driving without a license can have legal consequences and poses a significant risk to road safety.

(1) (Reply)

Rattle Sound On Cold Start RX350 / Are You Traveling This Festive Period? You Need To Read This! / Are You A V6, V8 Or V10 Engine User? Pls Check This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.