Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,295 members, 7,864,441 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:11 PM

Eziachi Writes: Buhari V Ait & Press Freedom - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eziachi Writes: Buhari V Ait & Press Freedom (4206 Views)

Lere Olayinka Writes Buhari A Letter Over Bola Ige's Reopened Murder Case / Buhari Vs AIT: Press Freedom Not Guaranteed By Nigerian Constitution. / Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari V Ait & Press Freedom by Demdem(m): 3:50pm On Apr 29, 2015
ilugunboy:

Next to God.....the government of Nigeria is the most powerful in the world.

You don't fight government ANYWHERE in the world and survive.

I slightly disagree with this. That the govt of Nigeria is powerful is an undeniable fact however Asiwaju Jagbana fought with it for years and he is better for it today grin. Dont know of any other sha.

1 Like

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari V Ait & Press Freedom by jmaine: 3:50pm On Apr 29, 2015
ilugunboy:

Next to God.....the government of Nigeria is the most powerful in the world.

You don't fight government ANYWHERE in the world and survive.

Lolz . . . . if Dokpesi should get his acts right with whatever means (political or economical), he can survive the onslaught of the incoming admin . . . . .

MalcoImX:
"Right" is the word, but you forgot their their antecedents. They will, on their own, self-destruct.

Alright . . . . .

1 Like

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari V Ait & Press Freedom by jmaine: 3:52pm On Apr 29, 2015
ilugunboy:

Give it to those guys in APC ......they have some of the best political strategists in the country in that party. The way they quickly doused the tension before PDP could come up with their own stand was nothing short of excellence.

Their swift response to douse that negativity is highly commendable I must admit . . . . .That was an impeccable on their part . . . .

2 Likes

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari V Ait & Press Freedom by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 29, 2015
Demdem:

I slightly disagree with this. That the govt of Nigeria is powerful is an undeniable fact however Asiwaju Jagbana fought with it for years and he is better for it today grin. Dont know of any other sha.

You are right...I intentionally did not put Jagaban up ....because his case is a complete exception to the rule.....it's not every time you come across a man that can face OBJ from an opposing side and survive it. grin

3 Likes

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari V Ait & Press Freedom by kmariko: 3:57pm On Apr 29, 2015
Mr. Eziachi

You want to
1. Be the judge...decided that what was written was wrong.
2. Jury... Passed the sentence of guilty
3. Has become the executioner.

Every president lives on the charities of the taxpayers like you and I.
Aso Rock is not a presidents personal abode
The security around him is paid for by you and I.
Ditto, cars, meals , etc.

As long as he/she lives on the largesse of the tax payers he does not have the authority to bar or ban any one from public functions except for security reasons.

He can bar the press from his/her own personal house.
The press can also be barred from private parties by the host of that party.

That a host barred the press is not equivalent to the president barring the press.

It is anti democratic to ban the press by the president.

Seek redress in the court if you feel the articles are false and libelous. Another branch of a democratic institution.

Checks and balances anyone
Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari V Ait & Press Freedom by Demdem(m): 3:59pm On Apr 29, 2015
ilugunboy:

You are right...I intentionally did not put Jagaban up ....because his case is a complete exception to the rule.....it's not every time you come across a man that can face OBJ from an opposing side and survive it. grin

In other words, it takes the brilliance of Jagaban to singlehandedly tackle the almighty Federal government. Revealing.............

2 Likes

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari V Ait & Press Freedom by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 29, 2015
Demdem:

In other words, it takes the brilliance of Jagaban to singlehandedly tackle the almighty Federal government. Revealing.............

Of course....that has been widely acknowledged....even from very unusual quarters.. grin

Without Tinubu's interest....PDP will still be in power post 2015...and may so for for a long time.

3 Likes

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari V Ait & Press Freedom by MalcoImX: 4:05pm On Apr 29, 2015
ilugunboy:

For disciplined business people in Nigeria today..things are tight enough already.....how much more for a rogue in the business of television that mainly derives it revenue from the patronage of those in power.

He will need to learn how to go and sort his issues out with those people coming to power ..through their mutual friends in the North and SW, if he fails to do that, his empire will crumble in his eyes.
ilugunboy, it's not going to be as easy as that. How could you, if you were Dokpesi warm yourself to those in the APC camp, and how could you, if you were Buhari, Osinbajo, or Tinubu view Dokpesi's any moves to be closer? These people will hardly forgive Dokpesi. This current crisis with Buhari, I think is the unofficial signal to Dokpesi of the leprous treatment he'll receive from them.

The man is shameless to have started ingratiating himself back so soon.

2 Likes

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari V Ait & Press Freedom by Goke7: 4:07pm On Apr 29, 2015
jmaine:

Nigeria is bigger than Lagos, and you shouldn't dare try to compare unequal components like that . . . . . All eyes are fixated on the center and any move will court an amplified reaction from the populace.

There are certain things you can get away with at the state level but not in Abuja . . . . .

not because of AIT, I can assure you, its because Jona is still in power, that's why they can still enjoy some sympathy all in the name of Pres freedom, when APC gets into power and they start digging out all the sins of AIT, even all the lawyers shouting press freedom will change their minds just like people are beginnig to feel that Sanusi may be right after all as regards the missing funds from NNPC due to Buhari's threat that he will probe NNPC which made Jona to release the PWC report.

Remember APC will be controlling over 20 states in addition to being in Abuja. They will be so powerful than you can imagine and just like someone said, Nigerian Govt is next to God

2 Likes

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari V Ait & Press Freedom by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
MalcoImX:
ilugunboy, it's not going to be as easy as that. How could you, if you were Dokpesi warm yourself to those in the APC camp, and how could you, if you were Buhari, Osinbajo, or Tinubu view Dokpesi's any moves to be closer? These people will hardly forgive Dokpesi. This current crisis with Buhari, I think is the unofficial signal to Dokpesi of the leprous treatment he'll receive from them.

The man is shameless to have started ingratiating himself back so soon.

It's difficult......but nothing is impossible. Even a bad wall-clock is still correct twice a day. wink

This is politics bros......he did some very bad things no doubt....but then you never can say where he will become useful to those in power.

1 Like

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari V Ait & Press Freedom by jmaine: 4:16pm On Apr 29, 2015
Goke7:

not because of AIT, I can assure you, its because Jona is still in power, that's why they can still enjoy some sympathy all in the name of Pres freedom, when APC gets into power and they start digging out all the sins of AIT, even all the lawyers shouting press freedom will change their minds just like people are beginnig to feel that Sanusi may be right after all as regards the missing funds from NNPC due to Buhari's threat that he will probe NNPC which made Jona to release the PWC report.

Remember APC will be controlling over 20 states in addition to being in Abuja. They will be so powerful than you can imagine and just like someone said, Nigerian Govt is next to God

Bros, forget all this, the APC will be silly to tow a brutal route of vengeance with impunity and decorum thrown to the wind, You think they don't want to solidify the foothold in National politics having won the presidency.

They should test their popularity by going brutal on all seeming opposition and let's see how they will fare in the long run . . . . If they are wise, they will be seeking for means to be seen as a party different from what they just replaced.

Blind vengeance as postulated by you by will just be advantageous to the PDP cause and the APC won't be silly to give them such on a platter of gold.

The road to 2019 polls has commenced already if you have been following the signs and season. . . . grin

Ciao later . . . . . .
Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari V Ait & Press Freedom by NgeneUkwenu(f): 4:28pm On Apr 29, 2015
It would have been easier for Dokpesi to integrate into the APC, if Buhari was Jonathan! In as much as I support Buhari, I must admit he is too vindictive to a fault that, he doesn't forgive easily if at all he forgives. The same problem I am grappling with in life, which has brought fortunes and misfortunes to me. I rarely forgive anyone that strays dangerously into my life, no matter how placed the person is to me.

So all in all, I am afraid Dokpesi may go down
Financially and otherwise!

It's just a pity!

4 Likes

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari V Ait & Press Freedom by MalcoImX: 4:30pm On Apr 29, 2015
ilugunboy:

It's difficult......but nothing is impossible. Even a bad wall-clock is still correct twice a day. wink

This is politics bros......he did some very bad things no doubt....but then you never can say where he will become useful to those in power.
Well, it's possible. But Kashamu called OBJ his 'father' and Tinubu his role model only to get more kicks. We will only hope the best for him, with no any pity.

2 Likes

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari V Ait & Press Freedom by TheOtherview: 4:34pm On Apr 29, 2015
Elder Eziachi has this one covered.

I am gladdened that the APC took the view I would have taken initially, though.
Why give a prostrate foe even a single sympathy vote, by reaching for the sledge hammer when a more subtle approach will do?

As other commentators have suggested, since the emasculation of that rogue media outfit has already been set in motion, the Buhari campaign organisation should simply have left well alone. AIT will amount to nothing without its preferred government patronage, and even dog on the street knows this.

Greeting one of the more cerebral TANoids - Jmaine.
Listen, if you do nothing else, have a word with the foot-soldiers; who have gone seriously rogue. grin

4 Likes

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari V Ait & Press Freedom by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:34pm On Apr 29, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

The defence building is a public building.
Buhari's apart in the Defence House is "his" privacy. If he had not moved there would ambassadors and the media have had the access to the facility?
Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari V Ait & Press Freedom by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:41pm On Apr 29, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Buhari's apart in the Defence House is "his" privacy. If he had not moved there would ambassadors and the media have had the access to the facility?

A public function was being held in a public building.
Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari V Ait & Press Freedom by ndcide(m): 4:50pm On Apr 29, 2015
Goke7:

its because they are still the incoming Government, wait until they get into aso rock, as excellent as the APC Govt was in Lagos, they got away with so many issues regarding the Press and heaven did not fall and it won't either when thet get into aso rock

So what's your point. You think this coming administration will have the luxury of highhandedness and impunity?

don't be carried away by the victory of APC. Wake up! This coming government is sure going to walk on eggshell. PDP won't do much as an opposition. The Nigeria people who are not sycophants, are watching APC too closely. They won't try the nonsense you think. I've told people, that APC is in a position to either deliver or die.
Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari V Ait & Press Freedom by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 29, 2015
ilugunboy:

For disciplined business people in Nigeria today..things are tight enough already.....how much more for a rogue in the business of television that mainly derives it revenue from the patronage of those in power.

He will need to learn how to go and sort his issues out with those people coming to power ..through their mutual friends in the North and SW, if he fails to do that, his empire will crumble in his eyes.

Keep the dream alive season 3
Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari V Ait & Press Freedom by bakila: 7:44am On Apr 30, 2015
Demdem:

Remember the October 1 bombing, his name was part of those early suspects. Suddenly, we were told he had no case grin grin
He was working for them at that time to gain symphaty. Now Jonah is out he will face the music alone, and will possibly go to jail for terrorism. Add the other obvious ingredient of AIT, he well be well cooked in a hot peppeey soup on the stove of power.

1 Like

Re: Eziachi Writes: Buhari V Ait & Press Freedom by bakila: 7:48am On Apr 30, 2015
ndcide:

So what's your point. You think this coming administration will have the luxury of highhandedness and impunity?

don't be carried away by the victory of APC. Wake up! This coming government is sure going to walk on eggshell. PDP won't do much as an opposition. The Nigeria people who are not sycophants, are watching APC too closely. They won't try the nonsense you think. I've told people, that APC is in a position to either deliver or die.
The difference with pdp is they have better brains to do it within the law in a way that is acceptable to the people.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BIAFRA: Buhari Panics, Moves To Block Kanu's Release @ ECOWAS Court / Niger Delta Avengers : Www. Nigerdeltaavengers. Org : Back Online / Letter By Zenith Bank: Is It Acceptable To Write A "Letter" Without Date On It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.