Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:31 AM

Woman Fired From New Job Before She Even Started Due To Facebook Post - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Woman Fired From New Job Before She Even Started Due To Facebook Post (714 Views)

This Lady Was Fired For Being Too Pretty In London (Photos) / She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. / Tweet That Got A Woman Fired From Her Job Before It Even Started (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Woman Fired From New Job Before She Even Started Due To Facebook Post by mazeech: 2:32pm On Apr 29, 2015
Facebook is free to join and is beneficial in many ways, but to Kaitlyn Walls, Facebook is the reason for her unemployment. The 27 year old single mom from Texas is paying a heavy prize for using it because of her post. Click to see the post that fired her...

https://www.mazech.com/facebook_post

Re: Woman Fired From New Job Before She Even Started Due To Facebook Post by Pebcak: 9:36pm On Apr 29, 2015
Kaitlyn Walls, a 27-year-old mom who lives in The Colony, a suburb north of Dallas, told CBS-DFW that she was fired the day her new job was supposed to start, over a post that read, “I start my new job today, but I absolutely hate working at day care.” She followed that up with, “Lol, it’s all good, I just really hate being around a lot of kids.”

According to posts on Walls’ page—again, Kaitlyn, please make those private ASAP—the drama seems to have started on her own page, then spread widely via a yard sale group on Facebook. The group has more than 8,000 members and, in the way of small towns, looks to be a bazaar for gossip and shit-starting as much as it is a place to sell old lawnmowers. Walls told CBS that she was immediately flooded with insults, mostly other women calling her a “dumb bitch” or accusing her of having “bubonic plague,” for some reason.

“Oh man I made a big mistake,” Walls wrote on Facebook yesterday. “I’m so sad. I feel like a failure here looking at my daughter crying because I’m afraid that I’m not going to be able to find a job because of my own stupidity.”

That’s one interpretation. The other is that a bunch of suburban busybodies with literally nothing else to do hounded a woman out of a job she needed. Walls told CBS she doesn’t actually hate children. “I was just venting.”

(1) (Reply)

Which Job You'd Pick?High Salary, Hate Everyone Or Lower Salary, Love Everything / Meet Jelani Aliyu, Nigerian Genius Who Designed Chevrolet Volt / Be Careful: Lies I’ve Been Sold To About Making Money:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.