Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here (30073 Views)

"Kebbi State B15" Lets Meet Here / Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here / Corp Members In Kebbi State Learning How To Use Guns? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here by yorex2011: 7:08pm On Apr 29, 2015
JaySea:
OMG!!!! Kebbi State! I don die! Wetin carry me go Kebbi from Lagos. God in heaven why
Just hustle money for flight.. Else your nyash go peel for bus... grin
Re: Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 29, 2015
Message me on whatsapp and I will add u to the A15 whatsapp grp 08039161153
Re: Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 29, 2015
yorex2011:
Na like aw much b flight?
Re: Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here by JaySea: 7:13pm On Apr 29, 2015
yorex2011:

My God I am in deep poo. Mr Yoorex like how much do you think the flight option will cost in comparison with the road option?

And to all former and serving corp members of Kebbi State please we need your knowledge and experience on this thread. Kindly share with us what to expect and how to best prepare for life in another part of the fatherland we have never been before.
Re: Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here by ajasa4link: 7:25pm On Apr 29, 2015
yokiti:
Comrade Ajasa4link, these Dakingari camp bound corpers are on course to travel the Guinea savannah for their national service.please, we need you to be our guide.
No probs bro, Am fully on ground to be of assistance to all new corpers posted to kebbi. They can ask any questions partaining to a successful service year in kebbi and I will rightly put them tru

3 Likes

Re: Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here by JaySea: 7:31pm On Apr 29, 2015
@Ajasa4Link; Welcome Oga. Which travel option are available for CMs coming from the south? How much do you assume each option cost? What in the world is "Dakingari"?
Re: Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here by NnamdiN: 7:33pm On Apr 29, 2015
no alcohol in camp, no weed...but u could smuggle, small alomo na 500 with abeg lol....keep your condoms, no chance...the sun is too harsh(water melons will keep you hydrated)....participate in camp for favourable posting(anything other than the state capital and youre literally finished)...if youre business minded, you could make some cash there...and if you could redeploy...DONT HESISTATE

1 Like

Re: Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here by yokiti: 7:42pm On Apr 29, 2015
Stanley4E:

PLs what do u mean i dont understand
You have nothing to fear bro; just calling on them to be of assistance to you the new corp members.
Re: Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here by copperA2015(m): 7:43pm On Apr 29, 2015
Pls can anybody help me with how and where to book a flight to sokoto... Plsssss 07066240076 Whatsapp
Re: Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here by yokiti: 7:45pm On Apr 29, 2015
sheyman4phy:

What do u mean by this u are scaring me o
Do not be afraid, there is nothing to be scared of. You are set to enjoy a fruitful service year. I was calling on the senior corpers to be of help to you guys.
Re: Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here by Ijayz(f): 7:47pm On Apr 29, 2015
[quote author=Stanley4E
Thanks jare. Its just dat I never dreamt I wud b taken dat far
Re: Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here by Ijayz(f): 7:50pm On Apr 29, 2015
Stanley4E
Thanks jare. Its just dat I never dreamt I wud b taken dat far [quote author=yorex2011
:
all d way 4Rm lag. Terrible!!!
Eiyah... Was once in ur shoes.. Just take enuf cash to camp sha and if you plan on staying in kebbi, participate actively in camp activities so that you can be posted to a nice place... If ur staying in d south South, just prepare yourself for a crazily long road trip, except you're flying there which case you wud take a flight to sokoto then commute to kebbi from there (about 1h journey)
Goodluck
Re: Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here by ajasa4link: 7:52pm On Apr 29, 2015
To our new kebbi kopas I say Congrats to u all for the successful completion of ur various academic programs in ur various institutions of learning. Just like yesterday ( August 2014) I was once in ur shoes, got posted to Kebbi was scampering all over nairaland looking for any information that can aid my successful journey to camp as well as help my entire stay in the land of equity. And here I am today about rounding up my service year in the next two months by the grace of God.
Let me start by allaying your fears by telling u that kebbi state is one of the peaceful states in Nigeria( if not the most peaceful sef),believe me, this is coming from a guy who has spent all his life in Lagos including university years.So do away with the fears which ur friends and relatives might have infected u with by taunting that u are going to a volatile state.Insurgency is nonexistent down here( u don't believe? Google search ' recent bombings in kebbi' and u won't get anything tangible. I did this when I was posted to kebbi last year)
As for the state kebbi, it comprises of people of different tribes including Zuru, kambari, Hausa, Fulani, etc while places like yauri, warrah etc can boast of sizeable number of igbo people and Yoruba people in large population ( If u see the number of yorubas in yauri, u will think u are in ilorin where Yoruba and Hausa live together. )
The state practices the Shari'a system though it's very mild and only binding on Muslims, u are expected to at least be of good behavior as a member of the society. As regards camping, the camp is located at dakingari which is in the outgoing governors hometown. The camp is a new camp that was first used busy our set,thereby making u the 3rd set of corpers to make use of the state of the art facilities. To enjoy camp, I implore u to take as much cash as u can depending on ur pocket and ur tastes. Especially if u are the type that can't eat their poor food they serve in the kitchen.
For those that will be going from Lagos,go to iddo park after oyingbo and take a bus bound for sokoto, drop at koko junction and take a cab to nysc camp from there. I left Lagos around 9 am on Monday and got to camp 1am on Tuesday morning.

I hope Ive helped a little, u can ask any further questions u felt I've not addressed.

8 Likes

Re: Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here by ajasa4link: 7:55pm On Apr 29, 2015
JaySea:
@Ajasa4Link; Welcome Oga. Which travel option are available for CMs coming from the south? How much do you assume each option cost? What in the world is "Dakingari"?
Dakingari is d village where the nysc camp is located. where in the south are u coming from?
Re: Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here by Ijayz(f): 7:55pm On Apr 29, 2015
Abeg sm1 should teach me how 2 reply a post Jare
Re: Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here by hayordelevic(m): 7:59pm On Apr 29, 2015
NnamdiN:
if their int'l airport is functioning well, then there should be and if not, fly lagos to abuja then abuja to sokoto, then take a cab from sokoto to dakingari(where the sun will dilute your brains for 3 weeks lol)...check discoveryAir
am not sure u knw dakingari with dis ur advice if u are coming from abj the shortest rout is abj-niger-dakingari coming through sokoto is like touring 9ja wit the already long distance am a batch b 2014 presently in kebbi
Re: Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here by ajasa4link: 8:03pm On Apr 29, 2015
NnamdiN:
no alcohol in camp, no weed...but u could smuggle, small alomo na 500 with abeg lol....keep your condoms, no chance...the sun is too harsh(water melons will keep you hydrated)....participate in camp for favourable posting(anything other than the state capital and youre literally finished)...if youre business minded, you could make some cash there...and if you could redeploy...DONT HESISTATE
Bros the line about participating in camp for favourable posting not always true bro and also the issue of state capital being the best place to serve not always true. Am not serving in the state capital but most of my friends serving in the state capital still envy my ppa based on the Good packages available and other things , and I didn't participate in any camp activity per se. Good posting is God's favour jare.
Re: Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here by NnamdiN: 8:04pm On Apr 29, 2015
hayordelevic:
am not sure u knw dakingari with dis ur advice if u are coming from abj the shortest rout is abj-niger-dakingari coming through sokoto is like touring 9ja wit the already long distance am a batch b 2014 presently in kebbi

oga did you read my post well? Im talking about flying not going by road...I camped there as well so I know what I wrote
Re: Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here by NnamdiN: 8:11pm On Apr 29, 2015
ajasa4link:

Bros the line about participating in camp for favourable posting not always true bro and also the issue of state capital being the best place to serve not always true. Am not serving in the state capital but most of my friends serving in the state capital still envy my ppa based on the Good packages available and other things , and I didn't participate in any camp activity per se. Good posting is God's favour jare.
I know the participating ish doesnt mean everyone gets the capital but it works especially when youre close to some of those guys...I was posted to Bunza, no bank at all, no accomodation, no social life, the place didnt favour me, I just couldnt stay bro...Glad you're enjoying your stay there.
Re: Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here by ajasa4link: 8:15pm On Apr 29, 2015
NnamdiN:
if their int'l airport is functioning well, then there should be and if not, fly lagos to abuja then abuja to sokoto, then take a cab from sokoto to dakingari(where the sun will dilute your brains for 3 weeks lol)...check discoveryAir
Bro ur advice is wrong sir. if he wants to fly, he should just get direct flight from Lagos to sokoto and then take a cab from sokoto to Dakingari. But I think kebbi local airport was commissioned last December, so he should probably get a direct flight from lag to kebbi if the airport is functioning properly

1 Like

Re: Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here by NnamdiN: 8:25pm On Apr 29, 2015
ajasa4link:

Bro ur advice is wrong sir. if he wants to fly, he should just get direct flight from Lagos to sokoto and then take a cab from sokoto to Dakingari. But I think kebbi local airport was commissioned last December, so he should probably get a direct flight from lag to kebbi if the airport is functioning properly
thats why i said if the local airport is functional now, he could fly direct, I was wrong about the lagos to abuja, i forgot theres a direct flight from lag, I went from akwa ibom, no direct flight so its abuja first then sokoto...thanks for pointing that out
Re: Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here by Farnesyl1989: 8:40pm On Apr 29, 2015
@ajasa4link Pls which route is the fastest if u re coming from osun state and what's the rough estimation for the transport fare
Re: Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here by JaySea: 8:46pm On Apr 29, 2015
ajasa4link:

Dakingari is d village where the nysc camp is located. where in the south are u coming from?

City of Hustlers: LAGOS.
Re: Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here by kayultimate(m): 9:00pm On Apr 29, 2015
yorex2011:
Wow... D new kebbi kopas... Dakingari things.. When you reach camp.. Just dey try hustle your posting to yauri, maybe argungu or birnin kebbi... The oda lgas no too make sense.. Wish yall d best... I'm b14 by d way.. Was posted to augie buh later redeployed

posted to kebbi... pls hw can i redeploy
Re: Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 29, 2015
Farnesyl1989:
@ajasa4link Pls which route is the fastest if u re coming from osun state and what's the rough estimation for the transport fare
Good ? Am coming frm osun too ife precisely
I want to knw aw long it will take and cost of transportation
Re: Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 29, 2015
Am coming from osun ife precisely pls aw do I go abt it to have a stress free journey,aw is d cost of living and accomodation dia I knw the weather is nothing to write home about
Re: Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here by yorex2011: 9:59pm On Apr 29, 2015
sheyman4phy:

Na like aw much b flight?
U guys shud check online... Try arik
Re: Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here by kingjosephat(m): 10:11pm On Apr 29, 2015
Please, our senior colleagues who are presently serving in Kebbi should kindly drop deir number in other for some of us who might have issue to contact dem.
Thanks
Re: Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here by ajasa4link: 10:23pm On Apr 29, 2015
Farnesyl1989:
From osun get a bus to ilorin. Then from ilorin u will get a bus directly to kebbi. But if u don't get a bus to kebbi from ilorin, get a bus to kontagora ( in niger which is two hours from kebbi) then get a bus to kebbi from kontagora, drop at koko junction and get a cab from there to Dakingari.
Re: Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here by ajasa4link: 10:27pm On Apr 29, 2015
JaySea:

City of Hustlers: LAGOS.
Then get a straight bus from iddo park at oyingbo. u can either follow young shall grow luxurious which travels by night and will reach kebbi the next day afternoon, or follow those normal interstate buses which travel early in the morning and reach kebbi in the midnight
Re: Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here by ajasa4link: 10:30pm On Apr 29, 2015
NnamdiN:
thats why i said if the local airport is functional now, he could fly direct, I was wrong about the lagos to abuja, i forgot theres a direct flight from lag, I went from akwa ibom, no direct flight so its abuja first then sokoto...thanks for pointing that out
OK bro, no probs
Re: Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here by Jasper4eva: 10:35pm On Apr 29, 2015
i'll be cuming from kaduna. pls guyz does any1 knw d shortest route i can take?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Corper Parades For Her Mother, Salutes Her For Singlehandedly Raising Her / 2 Important Reminders For NYSC 2015 Batch 'B' Corpers / Do Military Men Go For NYSC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.