Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,756 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Artistes Who You Think Cant Sing. - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Artistes Who You Think Cant Sing. (2953 Views)

Top 5 Naija Artistes Who Can't Sing Live / Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them / 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Artistes Who You Think Cant Sing. by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 18, 2007
everyone who replied plus the starter
Re: Artistes Who You Think Cant Sing. by chiogo(f): 9:12pm On Aug 18, 2007
eeyaah, the starter didn't say "artistes who can't sing", he/she said "artistes who u think can't sing" so, i don't think there's a right/wrong in this topic, just folks' opinions and dat is my opinion, maybe u haven't listened to the specific songs in which they suck but me thinks they suck, some of 'em i actually used to like but they're disappointin' these days. make ur own list now!! tongue
Re: Artistes Who You Think Cant Sing. by brandedben(m): 2:29pm On Aug 21, 2007
NOW LISTEN ANYONE OF YOU GUYS THAT HAVE MENTION THIS NAMES CLAIMING THAT THEY ARE QUACK OR SOMETHING I GUESS YOU NEED TO THINK TWICE MAYBE YOU DONT HAVE THE DEEPER LISTENING EARS OF A GOOD MUSICAL FAN.OK

RAY J
JAGGED EDGE
KANYE WEST
2FACE
MARIAH CAREY
FAT JOE
YOUNG BUCK
PHARELL
GUERILLA BLACK
CASSIE
CIARA
NELLY
OMARION

NOW BRING IT ALL ON ME.IF U ARE AGAINST THESE LET ME KNOW.COS I KNOW WHEN YOU LISTEN TO ANY OF THESE GUYS WILL WILL GRAB SOMETHING.JUST THINK,
Re: Artistes Who You Think Cant Sing. by A40(m): 3:13pm On Aug 21, 2007
Ray J is whack i felt a few of his songs but he is still whack.so is fat joe, Killa Cam, Jim Jones(ballin!),Keyshia Cole isnt that whack just a little whack
Re: Artistes Who You Think Cant Sing. by ritchboi: 4:12pm On Aug 21, 2007
all 9ja actors turned musicians!
Re: Artistes Who You Think Cant Sing. by ritchboi: 4:23pm On Aug 21, 2007
as 4 foreign artistes yall shud note dat most of dem dont write their own songs,i.E britney spears kely clarkson etc.so it depends on whether ur talkin about the quality of their singin voice or their lyrics.4 example 2face' singin voice is average but his lyrics r da bomb!
Re: Artistes Who You Think Cant Sing. by A40(m): 4:30pm On Aug 21, 2007
@richboi
Good point but some of them where still whack regardless
Re: Artistes Who You Think Cant Sing. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 21, 2007
brandedben:

NOW LISTEN ANYONE OF YOU GUYS THAT HAVE MENTION THIS NAMES CLAIMING THAT THEY ARE QUACK OR SOMETHING I GUESS YOU NEED TO THINK TWICE MAYBE YOU DONT HAVE THE DEEPER LISTENING EARS OF A GOOD MUSICAL FAN.OK

RAY J
JAGGED EDGE
KANYE WEST
2FACE
MARIAH CAREY
FAT JOE
YOUNG BUCK
PHARELL
GUERILLA BLACK
CASSIE
CIARA
NELLY
OMARION

NOW BRING IT ALL ON ME.IF You ARE AGAINST THESE LET ME KNOW.COS I KNOW WHEN YOU LISTEN TO ANY OF THESE GUYS WILL WILL GRAB SOMETHING.JUST THINK,

Oh my god! You say someone doesn't have the deeper listening ears of a music fan. Now watch this:

Is Kanye West a singer?
Is Fat Joe a singer?
Is Young Buck a singer?
Is Nelly a singer?

Now, for the rest of them, let me give you a few challenges.
1. For Omarion, B2K was quite successful thanks to Omarion. He went solo, released O, and hit instantly. How many people hit instantly, with their first single? Listen to Icebox. Then when it gets to "Icebox where my heart used to be", try to sing it at the same pitch.
2. For Ray J, play One Wish. The sing this part (at the beginning):
As a matter of fact I was the one who said I love you first
It was about eight years ago, don't act like you don't know
We were sittin' at home in your mama's livin' room
I'm talking at the same pitch. Probably you got it. But did it sound nice? Let me tell you, singers who have full lines that sound nice WORK HARD. Try this also (just before the chorus):
[quote]Third one, but I don't need a lot of wishes cause I'll be okay if I get one[/QUOTE]

Now, sincerely, do all that, and post what happened back on Nairaland.
3. I don't listen to Jagged Edge, so I don't know.
4. 2Face recieved an MTV Award. Channel O Award. MOBO Award. Plus more. Hello?
5. Mariah Carey IS a singer. And a good one at that. Someone wrote it earlier on, her voice spans seven octaves. In case you don't know what octave means, find out. Now, I can promise you that of the 124674 members of Nairaland that there are as at the time I'm typing this message, there isn't ONE person whose voice spans seven octaves. I'm speaking literally.
6. About Ciara and Cassie - listen to this. Ciara released Goodies (her first single) and hit instantly. Cassie releases Me and You (her first single) and got attention immediately. How many people manage that?

So who doesn't have the "DEEPER LISTENING EARS OF A MUSIC[b]AL[/b] FAN?"

Tayo
Re: Artistes Who You Think Cant Sing. by naijadiva2(f): 9:18pm On Aug 21, 2007
mariah carey
cassie
young b
omarion
chris brown
michele williams
3lw (all of them)
Re: Artistes Who You Think Cant Sing. by doyin13(m): 12:07am On Aug 22, 2007
dbanj
Re: Artistes Who You Think Cant Sing. by sect(m): 9:39pm On Aug 26, 2007
Kenny saint brown
Essence
Dbanj
Weird MC
Artquake
Sky b(he talks and not singing)
Kc presh
Eedris abdulkareem
Re: Artistes Who You Think Cant Sing. by candylips(m): 4:45pm On Aug 29, 2007
how can u say dbanj
Re: Artistes Who You Think Cant Sing. by sexytammy(f): 10:19pm On Jan 19, 2008
omotola, she needs to stick to actingeven her acting sef get k leg
Re: Artistes Who You Think Cant Sing. by playmate(f): 11:18pm On Jan 19, 2008
Kenny saint brown
marvelous benji
eedris abudulkareem
durella
zeal(female)
kemistry
Re: Artistes Who You Think Cant Sing. by bjluv: 11:56pm On Jan 19, 2008
worst of them all while i was back in naija

eedris & Kenny Saint brown or se na yellow - useless! angry
Re: Artistes Who You Think Cant Sing. by naijagal(f): 12:46pm On Jan 21, 2008
goldie
dbanj
jazzman olofin
omotola
genevieve
charlyboy
tony tetuilla
idris abdulkareem
blackface
daddy showkey

and d list is endless
Re: Artistes Who You Think Cant Sing. by rikkyjen(m): 10:01pm On Jan 21, 2008
The talentless Tony tetuila undecided undecided
Re: Artistes Who You Think Cant Sing. by dominique(f): 10:07pm On Jan 21, 2008
Everyone in naijagirl's list and lets not forget goldie.
Re: Artistes Who You Think Cant Sing. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 17, 2010
Hugoboi (m)
Re: Artistes Who You Think Cant Sing.
« #21 on: September 16, 2006, 04:22 PM »

Naija

All wit the exception of Styl Plus {definitely got game},P-Square,Tu Face etc

Overseas

Ray J [does dat dude think we'v got no ears or what!!]
Keyshia Cole [this chick is wack!!]
Jagged Edge [xcept of course,Brian the lead singer]

U most def hard of hearing, keysha cole and JE, o de, where is Beyonce, Rihanna, Keri Hilson, R kelly,
Re: Artistes Who You Think Cant Sing. by pureminded: 4:44pm On Mar 17, 2010
M.P
Tony tetuila
Kash 11
A.y com
Artquake
Zakii azaay
sky b
debee
k.solo
Konga

These r the ones i remember for now! all this people needs to move to anoda industry, they're annoying>! embarassed
Re: Artistes Who You Think Cant Sing. by browncocos(f): 5:22pm On Mar 18, 2010
halleluyah
i was going to shout the house down why
KENNY SAINT BROWN KSB's name aint no 1
now i can breathe lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Artistes Who You Think Cant Sing. by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 07, 2010
Ciara
Jennifer Lopez
Nicky Minaj (cant rap either but shes still my girl)
Shakira (Yo-delaying too damn much!)
Kat Deluna (shes alright)
Brandy (the old one COME BACK cry)
Ray J (listen to that song One Wish and try NOT to laugh!)
The lead singer from "Pussycat Dolls"
Michelle Williams
Cassie
Rihanna (SOME SONGS THO! NO ACAPELLA FOR LA BELLA! angry)
Lil'Wayne
Nelly Furtado
50 cent
couple more. . .just stating the obvious ones o undecided
Re: Artistes Who You Think Cant Sing. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 21, 2012
*Im_Bossy*:
Sweetie i KNOW u didnt jus say mariah cant sing?shes a, Legend what are u on aboutif anyone can sing its her, or what do u concider singin all these new gals comin up??cassie and co?u need to chek yourself on that comment cuz thats like sayin Whitney huston cant sing, and its only mariah that can hit the 7 range octave so u babes, lmaooo
nawao......... Pleas tell me u slept wen typin dis...... D person said maria can sing but her shoutin.... They make em hard for pple to sing...... Please undastnd before reply in
Re: Artistes Who You Think Cant Sing. by odizzy: 1:14am On Aug 22, 2012
Guyz guyz una dey mek me vex o, how come una 4get d king of wack rap BIRD MAN eh, another king of wack musician is one ph cow dat calls hm sef OBA OMEGA dis guy abuses music, if i hv my way i wil sue hm 4 dat
Re: Artistes Who You Think Cant Sing. by veraponpo(m): 7:21pm On Aug 23, 2012
My person, why do allow sentiments to bcloud your sense of judgement like this? How can a living soul, animal or man say Tuface cant sing? I will prove it to u that u only hate him,he is the best in Africa:1. Klint D drunk has once said that he left music career when he was in IMT Enugu when he saw the talent in 2face- that was around 1995(I belive u were still a baby then),2. He has won awards both locally and internationally more anybody you can mention today in Nigeria, if u say he did not deserve them all then something must be wrong either with u or all of them. 3. He was the first to sell platinum album of over 5million copies in Nigeria
Who bought those albums. 4. He is the most featured artiste in Africa by almost all Nigeria singers,old and young, why are they all featuring him? To spoil thier album? If na joke pls stop am, he is the best we have. U can say PSquare are not good in singing but they are good entertainers, Dbanj is also an entertainer but Tuface? Na master, aka coach.

candylips: please stop beefing 2face . haba the guy can sing na. and he has made nija proud .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brand Nu Video- Seriki - Ayeloja / Music: Malaika – Boshenjo Ft Olamide / Download Reekado Banks – Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.