Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) - Dating And Meet-up Zone (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) (5506 Views)

April Born Meet Up / Meet Up Zone For The Singles,Divorced,Others. / Fulaman198 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by Fulaman198(m): 6:27am On Apr 30, 2015
Besides, I think HalimaSadiya is my new gf grin grin grin grin grin please don't beat me up Halima Fulani princess.
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by AAinEqGuinea: 6:34am On Apr 30, 2015
Fulaman198:

I don't know why Yorubas like to make stuff up that never happened. Yorubas were never even an ethnic group of power. You guys were conquered by the Benin people (Edos) Yet you think you sold Fulani into slavery? It was more the other way around but I don't want to mention it because it's wrong to discuss such things.

Yorubas never sold Fulani in slavery

I believe you, Fulaman... Dont worry, every black man somehow conquered meanwhile ultimately being conquered. I need a crutch.

When I visit Africa (south western Cameroun) again , Im be looking for you and your new bride this time... you can dramatically tell me how you single-highhandedly sold my ancestors in slavery, Mensa Musa style! hidden colors.
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by Fulaman198(m): 6:36am On Apr 30, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

I believe you, Fulaman... Dont worry, every black man somehow conquered meanwhile ultimately being conquered. I need a crutch.

When I visit Africa (south western Cameroun) again , Im be looking for you and your new bride this time... you can dramatically tell me how you single-highhandedly sold my ancestors in slavery, Mensa Musa style! hidden colors.

Have you taken a DNA test, we won't know if Fulani people sold your people into slavery unless you do.
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by AAinEqGuinea: 6:54am On Apr 30, 2015
Fulaman198:

Have you taken a DNA test, we won't know if Fulani people sold your people into slavery unless you do.

Maybe Fulanis did, maybe they didnt.. I personally dont care... but should i care? sounds important..

It was meager $30 DNA test which only compared my DNA to modern populations outside the US.

Results:Africa was my #1 continent and Eq. Guinea was my #1 hit and Guinea Bissau was my second, Namibia, Mozambique, South Africa, Tanzania, Sudan, Somalia, Uganda, Gabon, Kenya, Angola, Ethiopia, Rwanda... and in last place, Nigeria... great story, but this company only surveyed 55% of continent. Next close match was South America with Bahamas leading as my #1 country there. Next was South East Asia, with Malaysia... (my ancestors probably crashed those planes)

So the story for my grandkids will be how our magical ancestors were tired of unending stories of questionable slavery feats so they decided to part the Atlantic and walk across it, got whipped endlessly but endured like ol' Jesus to overcome and build this great-great-great land, USA.
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by Wulfruna(f): 6:58am On Apr 30, 2015
DOUBLE POST
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by Fulaman198(m): 7:06am On Apr 30, 2015
Wulfruna:
*shaking my head at people who always want to talk about sh*t they know nothing about*

Can someone ask Bigfrancis who told him Mandingoes are geographically closer to Igboland than to Yoruba land? Can someone ask Bigfrancis who told him Mandingoes were found in Central Africa and the Congo - Congo!

A simple Internet search on 'Mandingoes' would have prevented such a blunder.

A comment on the rest of the thread:

It's a bit sad this thread got badly derailed. But maybe it's also a good thing. Some ignorance has been corrected as a result.

On the issue of whether there were Fulani and other Northern slaves in Yorubaland, and whether Fulani slaves could have passed through Yorubaland to reach such slave ports as Lagos, Badagry and Port Novo (these were the chief ports used by the Yoruba during those slavery days for the disposing of their slaves). I'll say there were definitely many Northern Nigerian elements among the slaves that passed through Yorubaland.

I do not know whether Fulani formed a significant percentage of those slaves who passed through Yorubaland, but they were in that number, along with slaves from Borgu (Bariba), Nupe and Hausa.

The fact that Fulanis gained a reputation as tough fighters (as pointed out by adam) doesn't mean that they could not have been enslaved. The Bariba were also tough fighters, horsemen and archers. They even at different points in history attacked Oyo and sack the capital. Yet there were Bariba slaves in Yorubaland. The Nupes people, too, also attacked and sacked Oyo on at least one occasion. Yet Yorubaland had Nupe slaves.

If you are ignorant of a topic, pick a book. There is now a very very vast literature on Yoruba history written by competent Nigerian and non-Nigerian. historians. Go to Amazon and start buying.

Before the Fulani rising of the 19th century, which led to the founding of the Sokoto Caliphate, the Fulani population in Nigeria were a vulnerable population, subject to indignities at the hands of their Hausa overlords. Nothing makes it improbable that dome if them could have been enslaved at that point in history, and even later.

This is quite laughable at best. The only accurate thing said here is in regards to the Mande (Mandingo people). Prior to the 19th Century, there were many other groups of Fulani settled in present-day Nigeria as Fulanis came in groups of many different clans from various West african countries. Usman Bii Foduye for example his roots were that of the Senegalese Fulani (the Toroobe) who were known as Clerics and people of God. However, there are many clans that settled in Nigeria even before the 19th Century.

In the past from Senegal all the way to Sudan, we Fulani gained a reputation as fierce warriors (though that's all in the past now). From our battles in Maasina Mali with the Tuaregs, Songhai, and the Mande. To everywhere. The reason why we are so widespread is due to this wanting to conquer.
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by Wulfruna(f): 7:20am On Apr 30, 2015
Fulaman198:

This is quite laughable at best. The only accurate thing said here is in regards to the Mande (Mandingo people). Prior to the 19th Century, there were many other groups of Fulani settled in present-day Nigeria as Fulanis came in groups of many different clans from various West african countries. Usman Bii Foduye for example his roots were that of the Senegalese Fulani (the Toroobe) who were known as Clerics and people of God. However, there are many clans that settled in Nigeria even before the 19th Century.

In the past from Senegal all the way to Sudan, we Fulani gained a reputation as fierce warriors (though that's all in the past now). From our battles in Maasina Mali with the Tuaregs, Songhai, and the Mande. To everywhere. The reason why we are so widespread is due to this wanting to conquer.

Which part of this comment contradicts what I said? No one is arguing that Fulani were tough fighters. Herdsmen are often tough fighters.

At the same time, the fact is that Fulani in Nigeria (or more precisely Hausa land, as well as Bornu-controlled territories) pre-Jihad recognised the suzerainty of Hausa kings and the Mai-Bornu respectively. That is fact.

And it was the same in other kingdoms where Fulani people settled. One Songhai king was so anti-Fulani, he actually launched genocidal attacks against the Fulanis in his territory.

So tell me in clear terms the part of my comment you found laughable... the part that the Hausa were their overlords (in Northwestern Nigeria) or the part that a number of them (not a very large number, I quickly admit) could - and were - held as slaves?

1 Like

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by Fulaman198(m): 7:34am On Apr 30, 2015
Wulfruna:

Which part of this comment contradicts what I said? No one is arguing that Fulani were tough fighters. Herdsmen are often tough fighters.

At the same time, the fact is that Fulani in Nigeria (or more precisely Hausa land, as well as Bornu-controlled territories) pre-Jihad recognised the suzerainty of Hausa kings and the Mai-Bornu respectively. That is fact.

And it was the same in other kingdoms where Fulani people settled. One Songhai king was so anti-Fulani, he actually launched genocidal attacks against the Fulanis in his territory.

So tell me in clear terms the part of my comment you found laughable... the part that the Hausa were their overlords (in Northwestern Nigeria) or the part that a number of them (not a very large number, I quickly admit) could - and were - held as slaves?

Do you forget that the Sokoto Caliphate and all Emirs are Fulani controlled? Hausa overlords? Please kindly tell me what kind of drugs you are using lol they are not good for your mind.
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by Wulfruna(f): 7:53am On Apr 30, 2015
Fulaman198:

Do you forget that the Sokoto Caliphate and all Emirs are Fulani controlled? Hausa overlords? Please kindly tell me what kind of drugs you are using lol they are not good for your mind.

You simply do not read to understand. You only want to defend your people at all cost, even to the point of being rather unreasonable. Before you dub me a 'Fulani hater', like I've seen you do to other people who have argued with you in the past, let me say no one here (least of all myself) is trying to slander your people. No need to get sentimental over facts.

Your Sokoto Caliphate only dates back to the 19th century Jihad. If you had read my earlier comments with an open mind you would have seen where I said very clearly - PRE-JIHAD. From the 14th or the 15th century (when Fulanis started trickling into Hausaland) up till the early 19th century the Fulani living in Hausaland were subjects of the Hausa kings (sarakuna). There were no Fulani emirs at the time. Only native Hausa kings. And the Fulani acknowledged them as their overlords and paid taxes.

Do you disagree with this?

2 Likes

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by absoluteSuccess: 7:54am On Apr 30, 2015
Fulaman198:

That's incorrect information
It is correct, don't see things from the way they are now, it used to be poor tribe against the rich, not Yoruba against Hausa or Fulani, I am not s.tupid to claim others as Yoruba slaves: when an area is raided up north, part of the victims are coastal bound, and some are collected by Yoruba dealers who may resold them later on. At least, Aole have that superiority complex or mindset when he said 'slaves will lord it over Yoruba' at the event of his demise. He use to have slaves, he was refering to the hords that Afonja harbours as compatriots as slaves. A man once told me a baffling story, he said he lived up north many years ago and one day he went to buy some items in the local market, then the woman attending to him noticed that he is Yoruba, he said the woman refused to give him his balance, claiming that she is Yoruba's slave.
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by Wulfruna(f): 8:03am On Apr 30, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
It is correct, don't see things from the way they are now, it used to be poor tribe against the rich, not Yoruba against Hausa or Fulani, I am not s.tupid to claim others as Yoruba slaves: when an area is raided up north, part of the victims are coastal bound, and some are collected by Yoruba dealers who may resold them later on. At least, Aole have that superiority complex or mindset when he said 'slaves will lord it over Yoruba' at the event of his demise. He use to have slaves, he was refering to the hords that Afonja harbours as compatriots as slaves. A man once told me a baffling story, he said he lived up north many years ago and one day he went to buy some items in the local market, then the woman attending to him noticed that he is Yoruba, he said the woman refused to give him his balance, claiming that she is Yoruba's slave.

Thank you. People sometimes are just too jumpy. And many people don't understand how slavery worked. They think you and other Yorubas are trying to claim you were militarily stronger than they were and conquered them.

That was not how it worked. Yorubas did not go up north to raid Fulani villages. It was simply that slaves of Fulani extraction passed from hand to hand to hand and then eventually reached Yoruba traders through whose hands they were further processed, eventually reaching the coast at Badagry or Port Novo. It was that simple. All this unnecessary heat about who was stronger and who was weaker... *smh*
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by GIYAZZ(m): 8:16am On Apr 30, 2015
Smh
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by macof(m): 8:29am On Apr 30, 2015
bigfrancis21:

By the way, when did the selling of fellow african tribesmen into slavery become a thing of valour and pride?? Or is this re-invented 'slave trade feat' in the past a response to the so-called taunts of cowardice? undecided
who said anything about pride and Valor? I was merely correcting what you posted out of ignorance
you see where I am different from a bigot like you is that all parts of history are treated the same. It's not about pride or shame. .it's about knowing what is and not coating it on ethnic bias or sentiments and emotional attachments

1 Like

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by absoluteSuccess: 8:35am On Apr 30, 2015
tpiadotcom:

how does selling people preserve your bloodline? You do that by investigating potential hookups, imo.

I am not talking about Yoruba marriage, but about households that owns male slaves among Yoruba, that they normally sell off their Yoruba slaves to avert the sons having to compete with the slaves for goodwill, public acceptance or inheritance in the future. Keeping Yoruba slaves in Yorubaland has costly emotional pricetag: some Yoruba families do not eat 'osinkin' (best meal) not until after the seventh day of first child delivery, they eat 'Ate' (stale meal) instead. They will say that their ancestor own a slave who was given 'unleaving bread' (stale meal or junk food) after bearing a new child and the child died, and that the slave place a curse on the family that their posterity will suffer the same fate. So to waive the curse they have to live like that slave for a week after childbirth.
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by absoluteSuccess: 8:46am On Apr 30, 2015
Wulfruna:

Thank you. People sometimes are just too jumpy. And many people don't understand how slavery worked. They think you and other Yorubas are trying to claim you were militarily stronger than they were and conquered them.

That was not how it worked. Yorubas did not go up north to raid Fulani villages. It was simply that slaves of Fulani extraction passed from hand to hand to hand and then eventually reached Yoruba traders through whose hands they were further processed, eventually reaching the coast at Badagry or Port Novo. It was that simple. All this unnecessary heat about who was stronger and who was weaker... *smh*
You get it figured out right, just know this limit: you can't help others think in past or present senses. Some are 'historians' fixed to the present or past.
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by absoluteSuccess: 8:49am On Apr 30, 2015
Fulaman198:
Fulani slaves in Yorubaland? I laugh in Fulfulde. It was the other way around. Yorubas never had slaves. Probably the Edos (who owned you guys btw) did. I'm not too sure, but definitely Fulanis were never Maccube of Yoruba. Maybe in your wildest dreams that happened my Yoruba friends. But nice try though.
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by macof(m): 8:56am On Apr 30, 2015
Fulaman198:

I don't know why Yorubas like to make stuff up that never happened. Yorubas were never even an ethnic group of power. You guys were conquered by the Benin people (Edos) Yet you think you sold Fulani into slavery? It was more the other way around but I don't want to mention it because it's wrong to discuss such things.

Made wat up? Lmao I can assure you Yorubas were an ethnicgroup of power. And only the eastern Yorubas were conquered by Bini, the warring and trading groups were found much westernly

Pls mention it

1 Like

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by macof(m): 9:23am On Apr 30, 2015
Fulaman198:
Fulani slaves in Yorubaland? I laugh in Fulfulde. It was the other way around. Yorubas never had slaves. Probably the Edos (who owned you guys btw) did. I'm not too sure, but definitely Fulanis were never Maccube of Yoruba. Maybe in your wildest dreams that happened my Yoruba friends. But nice try though.
smh this is poor thinking. Fulaman certainly you are better than this
So some eastern yoruba kingdoms were under Edo means Edo owns Yorubas
I guess wit this logic British own africans

1 Like

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by macof(m): 9:49am On Apr 30, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Evidence, please. I am willing to learn.

best place for this is at the University of Ilorin
because of ur request i had to serach and there's this article -Ilorin as a Slaving and Slave-Trading Emirate - York University
It discusses Ilorin as a Slaving route as an Oyo base and as Emirate
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.yorku.ca/nhp/plovejoy/muslim_volume/chapter3%2520pages%252055-68.pdf&sa=U&ei=gudBVcT7D5DWaomPgLAI&ved=0CAYQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNG6P6Zxv1RwbgxrNEPeINsnVFGq3A

1 Like

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by bigfrancis21: 10:02am On Apr 30, 2015
Fulaman198:

grin grin

Some online users would re-invent any story just to keep soothing themselves. Having realized they are losing out in the present, they resort to re-inventing past history to keep body, mind and soul together.

I'm glad Macof provided that link which clearly said that the Yorubas in Ilorin were defeated by the Fulanis in their midst, thus leading to the establishment of the Fulani emirate in Ilorin, in stark contrast to an article that made the front page few weeks ago where the author was claiming 'we allowed the fulanis to rule for sometime and they never returned power back to us...we were never defeated by the fulanis'. grin Re-inventing history and putting themselves at the spotlight is now the cool thing to do to assert some 'greatness'.

Oh My God, bunch of funny clowns on this forum. Some false history lied to them since birth has all come crumbling down like a pack of wild cards.

3 Likes

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by GuyFawkes: 10:05am On Apr 30, 2015
Fulaman198:

WRONG!!!
Bini never conquered Oyo empire
You mean Bini controlled Lagos (Eko) at some point in history?
I know you don't agree with some false theories thrown around here, doesn't mean you should throw another false story in reply.
Still don't know where Edos conquered Oyo.
Lol @ Yorubas never being an ethnic power smiley

1 Like

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by bigfrancis21: 10:09am On Apr 30, 2015
macof:
best place for this is at the University of Ilorin
because of ur request i had to serach and there's this article -Ilorin as a Slaving and Slave-Trading Emirate - York University
It discusses Ilorin as a Slaving route as an Oyo base and as Emirate
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.yorku.ca/nhp/plovejoy/muslim_volume/chapter3%2520pages%252055-68.pdf&sa=U&ei=gudBVcT7D5DWaomPgLAI&ved=0CAYQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNG6P6Zxv1RwbgxrNEPeINsnVFGq3A

The article mentioned Ilorin all through engaging in the sale of slaves, and not Oyo empire as you previously claimed. Mind you, the Ilorin empire at the peak of its slave trade activities was already a fulani emirate, after the Yorubas had been overthrown by the Fulanis and the Fulanis took over power till today. The ilorin slave trade is about Fulanis selling Yorubas in their own land and not Yorubas selling Hausas/Fulanis. Thus, the Ilorin slave trade can be effectively said to be a Fulani slave trade of sorts, selling Yorubas into slave trade, as well as captives from the North. I see no other Yoruba empire achieving such feat as the fulani-led empire of Ilorin. Not even Oyo empire.

1 Like

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by Fulaman198(m): 10:26am On Apr 30, 2015
bigfrancis21:

grin grin

Some online users would re-invent any story just to keep soothing themselves. Having realized they are losing out in the present, they resort to re-inventing past history to keep body, mind and soul together.

I'm glad Macof provided that link which clearly said that the Yorubas in Ilorin were defeated by the Fulanis in their midst, thus leading to the establishment of the Fulani emirate in Ilorin, in stark contrast to an article that made the front page few weeks ago where the author was claiming 'we allowed the fulanis to rule for sometime and they never returned power back to us...we were never defeated by the fulanis'. grin Re-inventing history and putting themselves at the spotlight is now the cool thing to do to assert some 'greatness'.

Oh My God, bunch of funny clowns on this forum. Some false history lied to them since birth has all come crumbling down like a pack of wild cards.

Indeed loll I've never seen such ridiculous claims in my whole life until venturing on this forum.

I'll leave the Yoruba folks here to revel in their fantasies that never existed. cheesy

1 Like

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by Fulaman198(m): 10:33am On Apr 30, 2015
GuyFawkes:

WRONG!!!
Bini never conquered Oyo empire
You mean Bini controlled Lagos (Eko) at some point in history?
I know you don't agree with some false theories thrown around here, doesn't mean you should throw another false story in reply.
Still don't know where Edos conquered Oyo.
Lol @ Yorubas never being an ethnic power smiley

Ok
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by macof(m): 11:03am On Apr 30, 2015
bigfrancis21:

grin grin

defeated? What are you saying? The yoruba Muslims actually teamed with the fulani at Ilorin. .this was a case of betrayal takin religious affiliation over ethnic brotherhood
you did read the part about fulani Muslim slaves taken in by Afonja
and Ilorin after gaining independence taken over Oyo duties on reselling slaves from the north
I told you, if you are looking for ethnic bigots who sugar coat history you look elsewhere

2 Likes

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by absoluteSuccess: 11:36am On Apr 30, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

Maybe Fulanis did, maybe they didnt.. I personally dont care... but should i care? sounds important..

It was meager $30 DNA test which only compared my DNA to modern populations outside the US.

Results:Africa was my #1 continent and Eq. Guinea was my #1 hit and Guinea Bissau was my second, Namibia, Mozambique, South Africa, Tanzania, Sudan, Somalia, Uganda, Gabon, Kenya, Angola, Ethiopia, Rwanda... and in last place, Nigeria... great story, but this company only surveyed 55% of continent. Next close match was South America with Bahamas leading as my #1 country there. Next was South East Asia, with Malaysia... (my ancestors probably crashed those planes)

So the story for my grandkids will be how our magical ancestors were tired of unending stories of questionable slavery feats so they decided to part the Atlantic and walk across it, got whipped endlessly but endured like ol' Jesus to overcome and build this great-great-great land, USA.

grin
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by macof(m): 12:13pm On Apr 30, 2015
Fulaman198:

Indeed loll I've never seen such ridiculous claims in my whole life until venturing on this forum.

I'll leave the Yoruba folks here to revel in their fantasies that never existed. cheesy
You say yoruba having slaves is a ridiculous claim. this is a greater fantasy
there are records of Oyo slave markets in badagry. .the area where the Dutch called Ojo (corrupting Oyo)
Records of Ilorin slave heritage of the non-yoruba population
records of other yorubas buying slaves from Ilorin after the fall of Oyo
records of Ijebu selling slaves to Europeans from the those purchased from Oyo

What you should do is to ask intellectual questions on the matter you obviouslyknow nothing about rather than turn this into ethnic battle

1 Like

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by macof(m): 12:23pm On Apr 30, 2015
bigfrancis21:

The article mentioned Ilorin all through engaging in the sale of slaves, and not Oyo empire as you previously claimed. Mind you, the Ilorin empire at the peak of its slave trade activities was already a fulani emirate, after the Yorubas had been overthrown by the Fulanis and the Fulanis took over power till today. The ilorin slave trade is about Fulanis selling Yorubas in their own land and not Yorubas selling Hausas/Fulanis. Thus, the Ilorin slave trade can be effectively said to be a Fulani slave trade of sorts, selling Yorubas into slave trade, as well as captives from the North. I see no other Yoruba empire achieving such feat as the fulani-led empire of Ilorin. Not even Oyo empire.
grin grin grin
you talk like Ilorin is a fulani city, u you refuse to deal with facts that Ilorin has more yoruba population than non-yoruba(Fulani, Nupe, Bariba, Hausa are present in the city)

It wasn't a fulani slave trade but Ilorin (majorly yoruba) slave trade
Just as Ilorin sold slaves from neighboring yoruba towns like Offa, they sold from the north too. .most slaves came from kano market (didn't you read that? )

You don't see because you choose toClose your eyes to it

1 Like

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by tpiadotcom: 12:32pm On Apr 30, 2015
Fulaman198:

I don't know why Yorubas like to make stuff up that never happened

Ironic in view of your following comment:

You guys were conquered by the Benin people (Edos)

Lolz, funny.

Benin and Edos who bear Yoruba names?

Thats like saying Nigerians conquered European colonizers and thats why Nigerians bear European names.

Yet you think you think you sold Fulanis into slavery?It was more the other way around

Yes, Fulanis were slave traders, but many of them were also sold.

But I don't want to mention it because it's wrong to discuss such things

You should know Yoruba also don't like to discuss some things.

1 Like

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by absoluteSuccess: 12:49pm On Apr 30, 2015
bigfrancis21:

@bold...Seriously? Why would you resort to blatant lying and unrepentant re-writing of history to cover your extreme insecurities? undecided Is this one of cheap attempts to cover up for the Yoruba subjugation to the fulani empire of Ilorin? undecided
Ilorin is not the beginning and the end Yoruba history, hear the son of Uthman Dan Fodio to Clapperton before your sweet joy 'Ilorin emergency': "Yarba is an extensive province containing rivers, forests, sands and mountains, as also a great many wonderful and extraordinary things. In it the bird called babage (parrot) is found. By the side of this province there is an anchorage for the Christians, who used to go there and purchase slaves. These slaves were exported from our country and sold to the people of Yarba, who resold them to the Christians" Sultan Bello, 1823. Francis, I already agree with any twist you choose to make out of this.

2 Likes

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by absoluteSuccess: 1:06pm On Apr 30, 2015
Fulaman198:

Yeah brother, please don't go, you are here to learn. The Yorubas of old sees the Fulani and Hausas as slaves because they were involved in selling them to Europeans. But nature is kind, she compensate our loses sometimes.
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by tpiadotcom: 1:32pm On Apr 30, 2015
Fulaman198:

Having a reputation as fierce warriors doesnt mean you couldnt be sold or enslaved.

It depended on what the need was from overseas. Ie what type of manpower was in demand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mukina2 Can I Meet You. / NOW - Where Are The Guys/babes That Live In Lekki/ajah / Latest Instagram Hookup Page With Benefits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.