Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price (37934 Views)

What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? / Origin And History Of Anambra Towns / Ex-military Governor Of Anambra Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Aystarz: 8:46pm On Apr 29, 2015
passionate88:
Make dm no reduce o, make d mumu girls dey theor papa house dey carry belle

Lool best comment so far. I won't blame the trolls yapping bout igbo girls not being cheap, why a brother must empty his bank acct just to get married to dem girls and all that blablabla, cos afterall this is a faceless forum where any ant can claim to be King of the Jungle. My prob is with the ladies. You see them tanda dey keep mumb on such a serious issue like this; years down the ladder, they'll be the same ones to cry blue murder here on NL, heaping all the blame of their ''unmarriageable'' palaver on their poor papas and mamas.

1 Like

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by eagleeye2: 8:51pm On Apr 29, 2015
ionsman:
.Fifty thousand should be okay. ...
For iku aka na uzo.
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by funkiebully: 8:51pm On Apr 29, 2015
Jorussia:
I just stated the obvious no offence man.come benin make you come see how your ladies don chew gum our guys with pregnancy without bride price.na only for who na tribe you dey hear say SB go pay half bride price

Yoloba coward claiming Benin, Sorry I won't bash Benin people, Coward

2 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 29, 2015
[img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3s4rnOG2O1qcbs8ao1_500.gif#show%20me%20the%20money%20gif%20448x306[/img]
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 29, 2015
Wetin this man due talk?

I always say this to people who care to know it is only in IMO state that marriage stuff is a bit expensive.

I come from Ngwo in Enugu state and we take just one note from whatever amount a "To-be" in laws bring n give the rest back...I.e if u bring one bundle of 100 naira note (10k), we will take 1 note and return 9,900 to him there n then...

Marriage in Igbo land differs from one community to another...

Many other places are even cheaper than my town.

In fact I will open a comprehensive thread to discuss this

3 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by AmaechiLinus(m): 8:54pm On Apr 29, 2015
Igbo and bride price

well shall, my girfriend go contribute if time reach
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Missmossy(f): 8:54pm On Apr 29, 2015
Lol grin interesting! cheesy
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by kestolove95(m): 8:55pm On Apr 29, 2015
Igbos go use one of dem Dota bride price sponsor d rest children go skool or open shop for all d boiz in d family...very unfortunate set of clans

4 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Jorussia(m): 8:56pm On Apr 29, 2015
funkiebully:

Yoloba coward claiming Benin, Sorry I won't bash Benin people, Coward
I will b belittling myself, if i continue this discussion with you,because i suspect you are a Kid.

2 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Funpeter: 9:00pm On Apr 29, 2015
AwesomelyMade:
But for one thing, I for just marry yoruba girl, even the parents go bring food items and big meat for better owambe, but Igbo girls are simply irresistible
5 reason why they are irresistible? maybe i might start considring one too.
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Macelliot(m): 9:02pm On Apr 29, 2015
yibobasher2:
I'm coming with a bomb for these sad yeast people
Yibobasher2, continue dwelling in Envyness why we continue moving froward...
#kindly_join_the_moving_train..

1 Like

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 29, 2015
No No No! Igbo parents should not reduce bride price. Instead they should increase the bride price 500%. Igbo girls are the queens of Nigerian girls so their bride price should be extremely high!

1 Like

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 29, 2015
It is not reducing anything
Now that my daughters are maturing una wan reduce bride price
Never!!

2 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 29, 2015
Pavore9:
This issue has been over-flogged, don't we have poor people in igboland that are married? lt is more of a family thing than of a tribe.

Don't mind them
As if they haven't seen Keke drivers and okada riders with wives

1 Like

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 29, 2015
[/img]
Zico5:
Begging them, mcheeeeew. Na today dem dey beg them. Do u know the reason why igbo are real criminals, armed robbers and corruption personified? Then u know for sure. Thank God for my tribe. Very proud of ODUDUWA

I just pity ur parents sha, after pumping Millions of naira to train u for several decades this is how u turned out.

5 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Nobody: 9:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
Jorussia:
Igbo and their EXTREME love for money palaver, a beg na dem sabi jare,most serious non Igbo guys will not contemplate marrying an Igbo guy,because of the overbearing influence of their kinsmen/townsmen during marriage ceremonies.

Strange enough Igbo girls are the most sought after in all of Nigeria
Go figure

3 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Rexnegro(m): 9:12pm On Apr 29, 2015
RickRichards:
No! We're not reducing any bride price. You must be a man, a real man, to marry our precious daughters. Go and work or go and die a wretched lonely man! Arrant nonsense!!!
It is out of trying to be a real man because of bride price dey make igbos bachelors dey involve mostly in crime n fake products in nigeria just to meet up because u want marry igbo girl abi ? Smh for all of una and una cultural levies on bride price. .

4 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 29, 2015
funkiebully:
Yeye idle talk. As if okada riders and d poor don't marry, abi their bride price different?

As u make ur bed, so u lie on it.

ur in the know

2 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 29, 2015
Jorussia:
Igbo and their EXTREME love for money palaver, a beg na dem sabi jare,most serious non Igbo guys will not contemplate marrying an Igbo guy,because of the overbearing influence of their kinsmen/townsmen during marriage ceremonies.

Are u talking about gay marriage ?
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 29, 2015
Rexnegro:

It is out of trying to be a real man because of bride price dey make igbos bachelors dey involve mostly in crime n fake products in nigeria just to meet up because u want marry igbo girl abi ? Smh for all of una and una cultural levies on bride price. .

And the millions of criminals from other parts of Nigeria do it because of what?

3 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by busky101(m): 9:15pm On Apr 29, 2015
babyosisi:
It is not reducing anything
Now that my daughters are maturing una wan reduce bride price
Never!!
can we negotiate?

1 Like

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Zico5(m): 9:16pm On Apr 29, 2015
chuna1985:

I just pity ur parents sha, after pumping Millions of naira to train u for several decades this is how u turn out.
It is ur parent that wasted his sperm that I pity. The kind of misrable life they re living show how pathetic ur life is
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 29, 2015
kestolove95:
Igbos go use one of dem Dota bride price sponsor d rest children go skool or open shop for all d boiz in d family...very unfortunate set of clans

no matter how far u try to say igbos open shops n don't go to school, it never make it true. igbos are much more educated than any tribe u belong to ...

Since u have never attended a traditional marriage in igboland, Shut ur mouth

4 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Situation001(m): 9:20pm On Apr 29, 2015
ozoigbondu:
This man should take time angrylf he wants expensive bride price and traditional weddings he should look at lmo.

Our girls are not cheap and we need hardworking quality men to marry and take good care of them.Good things are expensive

RickRichards:
No! We're not reducing any bride price. You must be a man, a real man, to marry our precious daughters. Go and work or go and die a wretched lonely man! Arrant nonsense!!!

LITTLE DO YOU KNOW THAT WHEN MARRIAGE BECOMES EXPENSIVE.. FORNICATION BECOMES CHEAP.. undecided embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by hamilton62(m): 9:20pm On Apr 29, 2015
temitemi1:
This issue of pride price sorry bride price made me leave my igbo girlfriend grin cheesy grin
Sincerely, igbo bride price is not cost compared to Rivers State.
My dear, by God's grace my to be as I was told by a friend from her place to keep #700,000 at least if they want to have mercy on me and another friend from the ethnic group confirm it.
They are the Ikwerre and they marry so much Igbo girls that they are cheap and with morales.
Ikwerre, Ogoni, the worst is Kalabari and it is a death sentence via bride price.

2 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Setaje(f): 9:21pm On Apr 29, 2015
Isn't it the reason why some people would go out of their way to make money. It's a welcome development. The disadvantages of high bride price out ways any advantage. Infact the only advantage is for the lady's family. The lady will bear the disadvantages alone. No human being should be bought. High bride price is likened to selling your voice. Everything should be done in moderation.
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Masterclass32: 9:22pm On Apr 29, 2015
But nawa in this man o! Wetin him dey talk sef?

Igbo bride price is generally not much except for a few towns here and there. Does this man live on jupiter or what, cos what he is saying totally negates what I'm seeing on ground.

Even if the bride price high, no wahala. Our girls are worth it.

cool

2 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Strongfaze(m): 9:24pm On Apr 29, 2015
That was the first thing the community government inaugurated by Rochas delibrated upon: high dowry. Igbos will say tradition, but how come modern items that were not existing in pre-colonial times becomes a prerequisite for marrying an igbo girl? You have a high percentage of igbo girls close to menopause still single everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 29, 2015
ozoigbondu:
This man should take time angrylf he wants expensive bride price and traditional weddings he should look at lmo.that why so many of imo ladies are getting old with out husband,time will come you imo people will start getting married to your own brothers and sisters,marrying from imo state is the worst in igbo land, that's why their ladies full every where ,pls wise men should come to anambra and marry with a token,all we needed is for you to have a good and properious home,we are not like imo people who would nt mind selling their daughter to men even if you have to sell a property they does nt care,all they want is money money money,

Our girls are not cheap and we need hardworking quality men to marry and take good care of them.Good things are expensive
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by ralph28(m): 9:25pm On Apr 29, 2015
Proud to be Igbo man(Imo State) the asertion about our pride price is 2rU but we still have cheap ladies. It depends on the class you want.

You said Igbo man and money? You are right but the truth remains.

Igbo ladies are the best in the world.

Ka chineke mazie okwu!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife / The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba / Anambra Man's Corpse Abandoned In Taraba For Not Being Member Of Igbo Union (Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.