Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari (36539 Views)

"My Agenda Is Simple; My Vision Is Clear" — Ize Iyamu / I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari / 2015: My Five Point Agenda- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by luvprince4real(m): 10:33am On Apr 30, 2015
Somebody abeg remind me again. No be dis man say he go stabilize oil price??

5 Likes

Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by SALCO: 10:35am On Apr 30, 2015
Xetima:
Baba, you are free to throw in the towel now rather the giving excuses!!! No room for failure, neither is there any for EXCUSES.

"Excuse is the tool of the incompetent" and "the refuge of the moral coward". grin grin shocked

We will not accept your excuses, not even for 6 months

excuses zabarata God help.
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by tunex777: 10:39am On Apr 30, 2015
LOWEST MTN DATA AT THE CHEAPEST PRICE.
MTN 2GB - #1000 MTN 4GB - #1800
CALL/WATSAP TUNDE ON 08162637076 FOR THOSE THAT STAYS IN IBADAN ALONE FOR DELIVERY AT YOUR DOOR STEP
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by NovusHomo(m): 10:42am On Apr 30, 2015
CHAIRMAN1:
Another day another excuse from baba one chance...

This is called being REALISTIC.
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 30, 2015
Mistaarhlohki:
Nigerians don't read thru things before commenting BS...he's extending a hand in fellowship with the NASS members on how to tackle the 8 most challenging degrading things affecting Nigeria...So that the executive and legislative can work in harmony to make progress and put Nigeria on the map of being great once again...

I just summarized it for those unlearned citizen in Nairaland.... Quite a pirri! undecided

After all ur preaching n explanations...

By may 28th 2018, and 1 dollar is not 1 naira...........We will call for his head...No excuses.

6 Likes

Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by smsdigito: 10:48am On Apr 30, 2015
Bevista:
GMB was addressing NASS members during their induction course, where he mentioned 8 challenges that his administration will face on assumption of office. These include Falling oil prices, Insecurity, Youth Unemployment, Power, De-industrialization, Environmental Pollution in ND, Rebuilding of ravaged NE, etc.

Typically, though, the media has singled out Falling Oil Price so as to create a sensational headline. Baba is not making any excuses, he was simply being pragmatic and calling on the Legislature to join/support the Executive as developmental partners to tackle these 8 challenges.

GMB simply highlighted Challenges, something every corporate leader (whether in private business or public service) does. You need to be objective about the issues, so you can come up with the right strategies to tackle them. I'm sure most of you will learn this as you become leaders.

Stop commenting based on headlines, please always read the body of the article. I still believe GMB/APC administration (with $60 oil price) will be miles ahead of GEJ/PDP administrion (with $110 oil price).
Guy, why are you angry that people are commenting? must everybody agree with your opinion?
Now come to think of it, b4 GMB made up his mind to context the election he must have seen all these problems and decided to come with a solution the reason he was even considered for the job during the election.
During his campaigns he highlighted all the challenges and promised to address them if given the mandate in the process he got most Nigerians convinced then they voted him into power. By now what all Nigerians are expecting from him is the assurance that all those challenges which he has being using to campaign to win votes he is about to be given opportunity to fix them . Therefore for him to still come here and begin to amplify the problems and glorifying them as if he is just getting to discover them now, to me is unacceptable and can be seen as the approach of a mediocre.
Which of the problems he mentioned in that article is new? is it the oil prize dwindling situation , the corruption, the insurgency/destruction of life and property due to its emergence or what, tell Nigerians which of the problems mentioned there just sprang up last night?
Lets stop defending his lack of firmness to face governance with determination and rugged zeal.
We all wish him well and pray he succeeds in instituting good governance, but let him stop lamenting and face the task which he convinced us he was the only man capable of doing.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by egobetatoday: 10:51am On Apr 30, 2015
bmos:

Man, you are not in tandem with current reality regarding the econimicstate if the country? GMB statement is not excuse but reality. Grow up man

the same excuse/ reality we refused to buy from Gej and voted him out? what makes u think we will buy it from any other person/ Gmb? the earlier Gmb realises excuses are not accepted in nigeria, the better for him and his government.
Second term is for only presidents who merit it now. it is not business as usual any more. we knew all the challenges and felt he was better for the job so why all the excuses now?

4 Likes

Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by santiagoduniya: 10:58am On Apr 30, 2015
Sound very funny asking for same support him and many legislative members didn't give to jonathern, GMB get ready to see that which jona saw because what goes around comes around.

6 Likes

Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by Toks2008(m): 11:00am On Apr 30, 2015
This man needs a seasoned spokesman.
I really dont fancy his utterances of late...

A. Nigerians should not expect magic.
B. Our manisfesto is not quran or bible thatcant be changed.
C. Fallen oil prices a threat to my ..

For petes sake its too early for this poo
talks.There are more subtle ways to
communicate with Nigerians at this time
when expectations are high.

Yes the truth must be told but there are
more polished ways of stating the obvious.
Nevertheless i believe APC will deliver the
goods no matter how difficult it may be.

Baba abeg get a spokesman.
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 30, 2015
Failure personified...

Before you won, I will do this. I will do that.

No you have won, I can't do this, because of that.

After all the rebranding and repackaging.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by Akpan107(m): 11:11am On Apr 30, 2015
Bevista:
GMB was addressing NASS members during their induction course, where he mentioned 8 challenges that his administration will face on assumption of office. These include Falling oil prices, Insecurity, Youth Unemployment, Power, De-industrialization, Environmental Pollution in ND, Rebuilding of ravaged NE, etc.

Typically, though, the media has singled out Falling Oil Price so as to create a sensational headline. Baba is not making any excuses, he was simply being pragmatic and calling on the Legislature to join/support the Executive as developmental partners to tackle these 8 challenges.

GMB simply highlighted Challenges, something every corporate leader (whether in private business or public service) does. You need to be objective about the issues, so you can come up with the right strategies to tackle them. I'm sure most of you will learn this as you become leaders.

Stop commenting based on headlines, please always read the body of the article. I still believe GMB/APC administration (with $60 oil price) will be miles ahead of GEJ/PDP administrion (with $110 oil price).
''Why is he lamenting? Didn't he say he
was going to stabiize the global oil
price?''

3 Likes

Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 30, 2015
OneNaira6:
Wetin I come read? Didn't Moses Buhari say he'll stabilize the oil prices? Why is he using as an excuse eeh? Just stabilize oil prices and your mandate is back on track grin grin grin

After all from yoruba and North mouths, na you be the new jesus. You fit turn water to wine. Miracle worker grin grin cheesy cheesy wink

#babaonechance

Una too wicked o grin

He is still new to social media and I don't envisage him containing the daily rain of insults like GEJ did..

#BabaOneChance

#BringBackOurGoodluck

5 Likes

Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 30, 2015
Sweetguy25:
I thought he said he will stabilize the price of oil? grin

Yes, Palm oil..

2 Likes

Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 30, 2015
hopilo:
When you made all those promises oil price was at 48 dollars per barrel, today the oil price is at 63 dollars per barrel. Mr Buhari, from the time of your promises to this moment, the oil price is increasing and not falling. If you are confuse or don't have a clue on running a democratic government, it is not late to throw in the towel.

Did Nigerians vote him in to come and run an oil dependent economy ?

2 Likes

Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by miracle11: 11:21am On Apr 30, 2015
ifyan:

But him no be Messiah. My bro chiillllllll.
na lie oh. E be messiah.no be wet in e make us expect and believe say miracles go happen wen e enter? He said all sorts. He made a covenant wit Nigerians. Let him keep it

1 Like

Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 30, 2015
philips70:

Nigerian press is the worst worldwide. I listened to the speech and never saw where this man showed fear nor anxiety rather he was admonishing them to support him in his quest to take Nigeria out from it's current dismal position. Still TANkids have found another headline they will feed on. I urge Seun to sack all his mods and do this job himself even if it will make only 3 front page posts per day.

So what you are saying is ?

Vanguard headlines should be suppressed on Nairaland..

2 Likes

Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by izzykingsley(m): 11:24am On Apr 30, 2015
GMB I thought u said the time for change as come according to ur party APC. plz we Nigerians are all waiting for the change n stop complaining n giving us excuses abt the falling of oil price. plz let's the CHANGE begin

1 Like

Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by chernest2002: 11:26am On Apr 30, 2015
I know buhari have nothing to offer,we are in for backwardness,chai baba one chance.

1 Like

Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 30, 2015
eagleeye2:

You have been scammed again.
Chibok girls is a scam, so also is $20b.

The sentiments that ushered in his government were based on falsehood. People didn't vote Buhari, they voted against GEJ.

300 Women found, none is Chibok girls.

2 Likes

Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by miracle11: 11:27am On Apr 30, 2015
egobetatoday:

the same excuse/ reality we refused to buy from Gej and voted him out? what makes u think we will buy it from any other person/ Gmb? the earlier Gmb realises excuses are not accepted in nigeria, the better for him and his government.
Second term is for only presidents who merit it now. it is not business as usual any more. we knew all the challenges and felt he was better for the job so why all the excuses now?
oh! U deserve hugs, hugs, u have spoken it all. Spoke on my brother. Gej never knew peace all thru his tenure. No excuses was made for him. He was at d noose per second. Nw d illiterate cattle rearer is begging for understanding, did he accord 1% understanding to gej. I can't wit for hand over. Make I see d miracle.

2 Likes

Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by chernest2002: 11:30am On Apr 30, 2015
Buhari na bad market,he is about to put Nigeria in reverse

1 Like

Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by antisocial: 11:35am On Apr 30, 2015
Amaudeogu:
By Johnbosco Agbakwuru

ABUJA—THE President- elect, General Muhammadu Buhari yesterday painted a gloomy picture in the economic development of his administration as he said that the decline in the revenues due to fall in oil prices poses a great threat to his administration’s development agenda.

GBuhari-oilen. Buhari who visited the newly elected Senators and House of Representatives members who are undergoing induction course in preparation for the 8th National Assembly in Abuja also said that the decline in revenue would affect the reconstruction of devastated areas in the country as a result of insurgency.

He reminded the elected members of the 8th assembly of the challenges the nation had been facing which he also said would continue in the near future.

The challenges according to him include general insecurity and insurgency that has caused extreme human hardship and destruction of lives, livelihoods that would take over a decade to rebuild across most of North Eastern Nigeria and some parts of North western Nigeria.

Another threat to his administration according to him was the devastation and environmental degradation in the Niger Delta area which he said must be attended to.

Others include, “endemic corruption which has crippled human and infrastructure development for decades. Unacceptably poor provision of power supply which has had a crippling effect on development of small businesses and indeed the wider economy.

“Deindustrialization for the past three decades leading to closure of many industries and migration of many to other African countries. Unacceptably high levels of unemployment and especially Youth Unemployment reaching over 40 per cent.”

Besides, Gen. Buhari mentioned high cost of governance that has been crowding out the nation’s capital and human development, erosion of public social services such as infrastructure, health and education as well as lack of development in the agricultural and solid mineral sectors as areas that should be aggressively addressed.

While soliciting the support of the lawmakers, the President-elect said, “The legislature is a critical component and necessary ingredient of democracy and good governance. The legislature by nature is inherently democratic in the sense that all members are equal and are elected representatives of the Nigerian people.

“As President-elect, I recognize this fact and believe that legislators carry this heavy burden of representation with all the seriousness it deserves.

“For a president to be successful in addressing community development and general welfare of the various people of the country, he or she would benefit from working closely and in harmony with the legislative arm of government.

“I therefore commit myself to working with the legislature as development partners motivated by the desire to deliver good governance”.

He commended President Goodluck Jonathan for the role he played in the sustenance of democratic institution by accepting election result, saying that Nigeria was in the threshold of history.

Bemoaning high cost of governance, he said, “First and foremost, appropriate policies need to be put in place and such policies may have to be translated into laws.

“Secondly, the oversight functions of the legislature is critical in ensuring that policies are implemented effectively and transparently. Therefore, my mission to bring integrity into governance would better succeed if complemented with a strong culture of transparent oversight.

“We need to collaborate on the budget process and restructuring of the public sector so as to collectively tackle the menace of high recurrent cost at the expense of capital and human development.”

“There is an urgent need to contain this high state of insecurity. All of you are representing various communities. We need to work together to address the problem from both its roots and manifestations.

“The strongest mitigating forces at this point are to redress the power sector deficits, encourage investments that are job creating and focus on human development and reconstruction. We also need to deploy efforts in conflict resolution and peace building in all our communities.

“I am here today, to invite you to work with the executive as partners in progress, as champions of good governance and development and as warriors for change. Together, we can make this nation great and as a role model in Africa and other emerging economies and democracies.”

President of the Senate and Chairman of the National Assembly, David Mark, who ushered in the President-elect into the International Conference Centre, in company of other leaders of the National Assembly, described the visit as historic.

Noting that it was the first time a President-elect was considering it worthwhile to address a joint session of the National Assembly, Mark agreed it was a historic meeting in the journey of democracy.

For the Speaker, House of Representative and Governor-elect, Sokoto State, Honourable Aminu W. Tambuwal, Buhari has extended a hand of fellowship to the legislature by his personal visit.

Tambuwal however expressed hope that his colleagues would reciprocate Buhari’s gesture by also extending a sincere hand of fellowship to the President-elect when his government fully takes over.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/falling-oil-prices-threaten-my-agenda-buhari/#sthash.JVeafz3q.dpuf
incompetent idiot
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by DinoAnnberry(m): 11:36am On Apr 30, 2015
[quote author=Bevista post=33258833]GMB was addressing NASS members during their induction course, where he mentioned 8 challenges that his administration will face on assumption of office. These include Falling oil prices, Insecurity, Youth Unemployment, Power, De-industrialization, Environmental Pollution in ND, Rebuilding of ravaged NE, etc.

Stop commenting based on headlines, please always read the body of the article. I still believe GMB/APC administration (with $60 oil price) will be miles ahead of GEJ/PDP administrion (with $110 oil price).[/quote

Shut the trash. He expected miracles from GEJ. He should perform he's and stop complaining. H said he will fix the oil price. He should be our guest and get it done ASAP. ABOKI. undecided]
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by antisocial: 11:37am On Apr 30, 2015
Penssuwa:
This one Mr. President elect is giving excuses before assuming office, it seems the wave of reality is hitting him.
Yes!N/delta shall even threaten him the more.Useless man always looking for excuse
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by eagleeye2: 11:41am On Apr 30, 2015
Naughtysite:

The sentiments that ushered in his government were based on falsehood. People didn't vote Buhari, they voted against GEJ.

300 Women found, none is Chibok girls.
Exactly.
People be looking for Change, even when they can't see the endless round and round journey they will embark.
To most people, it's better we voted out GEJ no matter the cost.
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by ayoromer: 11:41am On Apr 30, 2015
look at that wicked man cal buhari oil price wat of cocoa n groundnut price oil production wil fall after jona handover so he should be ready to use cows to rule naija niger delta wil make him fail as d north because of our resources make jona fail his disgrace wil be more than jona own because he who kill by d .....wil surely die by d ..... jona his now a global leader after his fail rule he wil cows leader buhari wait n see.
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by halimat38(f): 11:43am On Apr 30, 2015
Penssuwa:
This one Mr. President elect is giving excuses before assuming office, it seems the wave of reality is hitting him.

I have said it before that baba is going to suffer,his first year in the office he will use it to clear the mess past government creat for Nigeria,just like when Obama took office from bush i personally do not envy him at all,we can only wish him the best.
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 30, 2015
FitnessNigeria:

So Nigeria was SO GREAT A COUNTRY until PDP came to power abi? The way you guys wants to rewrite history is really crazy

You should have asked him who made up PDP for 8 solid years if not Obasanjo the APC piper..

They hate PDP now because its GEJ time. And GEJ is not oppressive.

Later, they will vomit Buhari like GEJ. Its just a circle..
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by frisky2good(m): 11:45am On Apr 30, 2015
Eh oooooo! We haf enta dis bus before we see say curtains dey the windows. Original one chance. Make dem sha allow me to take my legs comot after the show. Make dem no push me comot on high speed.
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by BlackTechnology: 11:46am On Apr 30, 2015
Naughtysite:

Una too wicked o grin

He is still new to social media and I don't envisage him containing the daily rain of insults like GEJ did..

#BabaOneChance

#BringBackOurGoodluck

The guy go die

After

Much social attacks. > grin
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by BlackTechnology: 11:48am On Apr 30, 2015
Naughtysite:

Did Nigerians vote him in to come and run an oil dependent economy ?

If no crude oil to export, let him export groundnut oil grin
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 30, 2015
BlackTechnology:

If no crude oil to export, let him export groundnut oil grin

Or coconut oil grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Atiku Floors Buhari In Akwanga West In Nasarawa. — The Cable / Suntai's Daughter, Mariya, Set To Wed / Niger-Delta Militant Called Kachikwu On Phone And Threatened To Blow Pipeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.