Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,933 members, 7,835,114 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari (36551 Views)

"My Agenda Is Simple; My Vision Is Clear" — Ize Iyamu / I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari / 2015: My Five Point Agenda- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by BlackTechnology: 11:57am On Apr 30, 2015
Naughtysite:

Or coconut oil grin

Gbam

Even cotton oil or cow oil. grin

1 Like

Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by Forwetinnah: 12:02pm On Apr 30, 2015
Anumpama...didn't he know about this before elections/during campaign or oil price changed after he rigged himself to victory?? APC neglects. .behold your super man
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by kaybee100683(m): 12:02pm On Apr 30, 2015
To solve problems u must understand d likely challenges and obstacles, stating those challenges shouldn't be seen as reneging on promises.besides reading d article not d headline, I have nothing to lose sleep over.
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by BlackTechnology: 12:05pm On Apr 30, 2015
Forwetinnah:
Anumpama...didn't he know about this before elections/during campaign or oil price changed after he rigged himself to victory?? APC neglects. .behold your super man

We go e kill baba One Chance

This is just the beginning grin

2 Likes

Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by Forwetinnah: 12:08pm On Apr 30, 2015
Naughtysite:

Yes, Palm oil..

Him go fit stabilise Palm oil price sef?? Na him tap am?? This DauraDullard dey give us jingles and we dey complain, make we wait for the main song to begin...na there we go know how far.
*Lungi dance Lungi dance*
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by alobright17(m): 12:10pm On Apr 30, 2015
searay:

How many years make a decade?
Maybe 16 years Lol
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by ifyan(m): 12:14pm On Apr 30, 2015
miracle11:
na lie oh. E be messiah.no be wet in e make us expect and believe say miracles go happen wen e enter? He said all sorts. He made a covenant wit Nigerians. Let him keep it

Sowi be ur name.

e be like say u no de naija
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by mex22: 12:14pm On Apr 30, 2015
APC on the hot seat.Just passing by.
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by ApexTitan(m): 12:22pm On Apr 30, 2015
Charly68:
The APC party chieftains should tell the president elect to look inward and generate revenue to finance his projects & programs . Ask Tinubu how he survived the draconian era of Obj without stress ,it was through financial ingenuity ..there is money in Nigeria but not well circulated,please tax the taxable and do great work for us or else we push out APC in 2019 sefini.

Amazing, do you know what you are talking about? Are you calling for more taxes? Many Nigerians, well those in formal employment , already pay high taxes with little to show for it and here you are calling on the government to tax us some more. Enyia take it easy o.
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by ajepako(f): 12:26pm On Apr 30, 2015
Believe it or not, this is how APC will spend the next four year..

Giving excuses and excuses for their failure and blaming it on PDP

Nigerians, our eyes go soon clear..

In two years at most

1 Like

Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by ApexTitan(m): 12:28pm On Apr 30, 2015
kaybee100683:
To solve problems u must understand d likely challenges and obstacles, stating those challenges shouldn't be seen as reneging on promises.besides reading d article not d headline, I have nothing to lose sleep over.

You make it sound as if by listing this country's challenges Buhari is doing something novel. Identifying challenges is nothing, all the past governments did that too. At this point Buhari should be educating Nigerians on the measures he will take in dealing with the challenges, and by this I mean the practical steps he plans to adopt, not all this rhetoric we hear in the press.
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by Rexyl(m): 12:36pm On Apr 30, 2015
Shifting his ground on promises made or compromising keh? No no no, fisrt impression lasts longer. People have built their trust and confidence in Buhari based on his promises.. What he thought could be fixed within few days... What he thought failure to achieve was as a result of someone else being the president. People are waiting patiently to see the wonders not to hear stories
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by FOREXMARTS: 12:42pm On Apr 30, 2015
CHAIRMAN1:
Another day another excuse from baba one chance...

The man just dey wake up. This one chance manifesto flipping Daura magician is not serious. The oil price has been dwindling before you were chosen as the flag bearer, it was dwindling when you made the promises so you got no excuse. You made these promises in the middle of the oil crises meaning you had an idea and knew you could handle it so quit giving us excuses damn it. I have read more than 5 threads with different excuses since he won the election. Nigerians will not take it. Yes I am an apc member but this excuses are annoying.
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by engroluyede: 12:50pm On Apr 30, 2015
na wa for this president elect o, so if there is nothing in Niger delta you no go perform? you don beg us to vote so that u go score but now the way I dey see u be like say u go throw penalty away now. make dey look for young , vibrant and intelligent youth to help us play this penalty . u never enter the seat u don they don dey tell us say change no go dey possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by nairabetguru(m): 12:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
i see massive cut down in wages and allowances of civil servants and public office holders grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

baba no dull am ooooooooooooooooo wink
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by FOREXMARTS: 12:58pm On Apr 30, 2015
Bevista:
GMB was addressing NASS members during their induction course, where he mentioned 8 challenges that his administration will face on assumption of office. These include Falling oil prices, Insecurity, Youth Unemployment, Power, De-industrialization, Environmental Pollution in ND, Rebuilding of ravaged NE, etc.

Typically, though, the media has singled out Falling Oil Price so as to create a sensational headline. Baba is not making any excuses, he was simply being pragmatic and calling on the Legislature to join/support the Executive as developmental partners to tackle these 8 challenges.

GMB simply highlighted Challenges, something every corporate leader (whether in private business or public service) does. You need to be objective about the issues, so you can come up with the right strategies to tackle them. I'm sure most of you will learn this as you become leaders.

Stop commenting based on headlines, please always read the body of the article. I still believe GMB/APC administration (with $60 oil price) will be miles ahead of GEJ/PDP administrion (with $110 oil price).

Many times he said it, many times we heard. Once you start singing it then it becomes an excuse. You don't assume a position to lounge. You assume a position to face challenges and fix them, we have heard. Compare these two sentences and tell me which one sounds more encouraging.

A. I became a captain of this ship meeting it in a terrible state with so many problems and so far and the resource to fix it is scarce my people. They are many challenges and resources are scarce but we will try, nothing is assured.

B. We all know that this ship is in a terrible state, we will not let it sink, we have to give it our all together as a team we will fix this ship, we must cos the success of this journey depends on this ship, in the face of scarce resources to fix it we all must be smart and innovative, together as a team we shall conquer this mess. We must.

1 Like

Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 30, 2015
QuotaSystem:
READ THE ARTICLE, IGNORE THE HEADLINE.

GMB never said he is going back on any promises, but stated common sense which is that plans made with 2 naira in mind will be more challenging to achieve when at the end of the day, you earn only 1 naira through no fault of yours.

Hopefully when our stolen $20b is returned by GEJ and his cronies among other funds, even more can be done by the General to rebuild Nigeria after 16 years in PDP's wilderness.

How much was oil price during his campaign?

1 Like

Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by AzeezAlao1(m): 1:01pm On Apr 30, 2015
Helo everybody, D president -elect is trying 2 cool d tension of Nigerians which is too high for his performance. simple!
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by Themandator: 1:16pm On Apr 30, 2015
Bevista:
GMB was addressing NASS members during their induction course, where he mentioned 8 challenges that his administration will face on assumption of office. These include Falling oil prices, Insecurity, Youth Unemployment, Power, De-industrialization, Environmental Pollution in ND, Rebuilding of ravaged NE, etc.

Typically, though, the media has singled out Falling Oil Price so as to create a sensational headline. Baba is not making any excuses, he was simply being pragmatic and calling on the Legislature to join/support the Executive as developmental partners to tackle these 8 challenges.

GMB simply highlighted Challenges, something every corporate leader (whether in private business or public service) does. You need to be objective about the issues, so you can come up with the right strategies to tackle them. I'm sure most of you will learn this as you become leaders.

Stop commenting based on headlines, please always read the body of the article. I still believe GMB/APC administration (with $60 oil price) will be miles ahead of GEJ/PDP administrion (with $110 oil price).

Good thing, he has promised to stabilize world oil price, so his highlighting it as a challenge is strange.

1 Like

Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by davspog2(m): 1:28pm On Apr 30, 2015
Content of the address is way different from the headline!
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by Mistermamus(m): 1:36pm On Apr 30, 2015
excuse excuse baba one chance
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by oluwatosin1974: 1:42pm On Apr 30, 2015
God bless nigeria..
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by Themandator: 1:44pm On Apr 30, 2015
shammah1:
He is a one chance joor

Did you read the details of how the so called 20b dollars got stolen before agreeing?
Jonathan was nicknamed, clueless ;Buhari's derogatory names are either in the lab or gym.... Though one was released recently.. DORO DULLARD.
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by cjrane: 1:45pm On Apr 30, 2015
Oga Buhari, you can actually increase your resources by opening up new avenues of earning through Agriculture, manufacturing, and making our refineries work. So that you can save the billions spent on fuel importation for spending on infrastructure improvement.
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by Zellie: 2:00pm On Apr 30, 2015
This one Baba is already giving excuses grin Nigerians have been scammed again

#BabaOneChance grin
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 30, 2015
Nonsense u done use wayo promises take get power na now u know say falling fuel price's go affect ur plan. u own done finish be that oh
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 30, 2015
Only God can salvage Nigeria, not Buhari.
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by Pecca: 3:09pm On Apr 30, 2015
IdiAmin1:
Mr. President-Elect Sir, I'm impatiently waiting for you to teach the most clueless man on earth(GEJ) how to stabilise world oil price.undecided

...as well as bring at par Naira and Dollar...*SIDON DE LOOK*
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by Mmayor(m): 3:27pm On Apr 30, 2015
nationwide1:
In as much as I believe in the integrity of the general, I. don't want to believe he is giving us excuses for a case of non-performance.

I think he is saying it so that nobody sees him as God as many have been made to believe.

Who made them see him as god if no he himself and his party? with all the sugarcoated promises during his campaign, didn't he realise then that oil prices were falling?talk is really cheap indeed.
For the sake of Nigeria I pray he succeeds though.

1 Like

Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 30, 2015
Pecca:

...as well as bring at par Naira and Dollar...*SIDON DE LOOK*
Yes oo, I'm gradually running out of popcorn while waiting grin
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 30, 2015
Dear Naija, good day. I am still on recess following the heavy intelligent online warfare fought to save Nigeria from an incompetent and highly corrupt governance ever witnessed in the history of Nigeria.

Fulfillment of promises is gradual and not automatic. Also promises are fulfilled when factors militating against are eliminated. It is only a mediocre and somebody suffering from dearth of intellect that will expect a battered, mismanaged and highly corrupt system to start delivering dividends of political investment or trust overnight.

This morning, Kogi State, a PDP state planned to cut civil servants salary by 40%. Osun state, an APC state cannot pay salary for months. There are other states in Nigeria that cannot pay salary. Apart from states benefiting from derivation, I am yet to see a state in Nigeria that can pay salary regularly as at when due without a loan and still execute capital project. It is not possible. The is caused by dwindling oil price.

Your GEJ with Yar'adua inherited over $50 billion dollar with more money coming in regularly with very high crude oil price for six years. It is pertinent to note that Abacha government left huge loans inherited from previous government with external reserves lower than $6 billion. The national wealth Yar'adua and GEJ met was created by OBJ despite heavy spending on Power and other infrastructure. GEJ will be leaving Nigeria with debt for new government and future generation to pay. If you minus the reserve from the debt, then we are in trouble as nothing will be left in the reserve, what you will have is only debt. Buhari is inheriting debt. This is further worsened by the low oil price and the economy overheated by states that cannot pay salary.
Re: Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari by Truckpusher(m): 3:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
handsometokunbo:

Shut up fool

We didn't vote for him to turn Nigeria to paradise over night

If your clueless Jonathan was unable to use $150 per barrel to improve our social infrastructures and other capital projects as a result of corruption, then we Nigerians won't expect Buhari with $45-50 per barrel to turn Nigeria to paradise.

All we need him to do is to put the right people in the right places.

All we need him to do is saying the right thing at the right places

All we need him to do is to restore our national integrity among other nations around d world which is gradually becoming a reality now

All we need him to do is exactly what is doing by picking up a newspaper himself and read so as to know what is happening on our streets. No special advisers' lies.

We voted him cos he looks and talks presidential

We voted him cos Badluck Jonathan and his likes from a part of this country need to know that Nigeria is not all about them.

We voted Jonathan out cos we hate to see our first lady embarrassing us with her unguarded utterances.

We voted for him so as to send your freaking Badluck Jonathan packing and his corrupt cronies from East of Nigeria who have all destroyed Nigeria economy and national unity.

We voted him out cos we other Nigerians have had enough religious and tribal division.

We voted Buhari to give us that sense of sanity which we had lost during Badluck Jonathan administration.

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad / Shi’ite Muslims Protest At Night In Abuja (Video) / Kaduna Train Attack: 2 Bodies Deposited At Kaduna Hospital, Many Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.