Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,955 members, 7,810,646 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

24 Religious Houses Shut Down In Lagos For "Noise Pollution" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 24 Religious Houses Shut Down In Lagos For "Noise Pollution" (1524 Views)

What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? / Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos / Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

24 Religious Houses Shut Down In Lagos For "Noise Pollution" by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 30, 2015
For making too much noise and disturbing the peace of
their communities, 24 religious outfits were shut down in
According to the Lagos State government on Wednesday,
April 29, the religious houses were closed for
contravening the State guidelines on noise pollution.
Commissioner for Environment, Mr. Tunji Bello and
General Manager of the Lagos State Environment
Protection, LASEPA, Mr. Ademola Shabi, disclosed this at
the 2015 ministerial press briefing held in Alausa
Secretariat, Ikeja.
Shabi said: “We received over 1, 000 petitions in the year
under review. But we have been able to resolve some and
some have relocated.”
“We have shut about 24 religious outfits in the last one
year because they failed to adhere to the state guidelines
on noise pollution.”
“The religious outfits contribute about 50 percent of the
noise pollution in the state. In the last few years, we have
been having problem to control noise from these outfits.
We have been able to shut them down while some have
relocated from the community where they were.”

1 Like

Re: 24 Religious Houses Shut Down In Lagos For "Noise Pollution" by SeverusSnape(m): 7:25am On Apr 30, 2015
Good

1 Like

Re: 24 Religious Houses Shut Down In Lagos For "Noise Pollution" by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 30, 2015
A nice move. Everyone wants to open a church now. Next thing, they should start paying taxes since owning a church is now a biz venture
Re: 24 Religious Houses Shut Down In Lagos For "Noise Pollution" by mmsen: 7:35am On Apr 30, 2015
More of them need to be shut for being noisy.

I hope other states are taking note.
Re: 24 Religious Houses Shut Down In Lagos For "Noise Pollution" by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 30, 2015
@Op, why not put it straight? Islamic state of Lagos, shut down 24 churches for alleged noise polution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 24 Religious Houses Shut Down In Lagos For "Noise Pollution" by obiZEAL(m): 7:37am On Apr 30, 2015
i need that to be done in jos asap....and they should start paying tax too.
The noise will surely reduce....even if god is deaf seff
Re: 24 Religious Houses Shut Down In Lagos For "Noise Pollution" by obiZEAL(m): 7:38am On Apr 30, 2015
emmydeep:
@Op, why not put it straight?
Islamic state of Lagos, shut down 24 churches for alleged noise polution.
empty headed fanatic

3 Likes

Re: 24 Religious Houses Shut Down In Lagos For "Noise Pollution" by tartar9(m): 7:55am On Apr 30, 2015
24 churches Shut Down In Lagos For "Noise Pollution" except catholic and JWs church,all others especially MFM should be shut down
Re: 24 Religious Houses Shut Down In Lagos For "Noise Pollution" by mmsen: 9:10am On Apr 30, 2015
tartar9:
24 churches Shut Down In Lagos For
"Noise Pollution"

except catholic and JWs church,all others especially MFM should be shut down

I know some noisy Catholic Churches too.

JWs are may not be noisy but they need to start paying tax, along with the others.

1 Like

Re: 24 Religious Houses Shut Down In Lagos For "Noise Pollution" by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:47am On Apr 30, 2015
Lazy Tax collectors ! No church will pay any tax to anybody

Mosques make more noise pollution than any religious structure!

5 times blaring of allakubar from 4am till 8pm
Everyday!
I live next to a yoruba mosque where the speakers only prove that d worshippers are almost deaf cos of high-pitch noise.
I don taya sef!

4 Likes

Re: 24 Religious Houses Shut Down In Lagos For "Noise Pollution" by freshdude99(m): 8:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
BaebieHot:
A nice move. Everyone wants to open a church now. Next thing, they should start paying taxes since owning a church is now a biz venture
and what do u have to say abt the mosques?? Very close to my crib here in abj, these noisy Muslims and their mosque don't let us sleep yet we tolerate em....
All am saying is, wats good for the geese is also good for gander.
Are u a Muslim?
Re: 24 Religious Houses Shut Down In Lagos For "Noise Pollution" by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 30, 2015
freshdude99:

and what do u have to say abt the mosques?? Very close to my crib here in abj, these noisy Muslims and their mosque don't let us sleep yet we tolerate em....
All am saying is, wats good for the geese is also good for gander.
Are u a Muslim?

No am not a Muslim but u can't compare the num of mosques to churches here.

1 Like

Re: 24 Religious Houses Shut Down In Lagos For "Noise Pollution" by freshdude99(m): 11:50pm On Apr 30, 2015
BaebieHot:

No am not a Muslim but u can't compare the num of mosques to churches here.
So for that reason..... shocked
Re: 24 Religious Houses Shut Down In Lagos For "Noise Pollution" by Nobody: 10:48am On May 01, 2015
obiZEAL:
empty headed fanatic
You mean your father is an empty headed fanatic? Oh, sory for you and your generations to come.
Re: 24 Religious Houses Shut Down In Lagos For "Noise Pollution" by obiZEAL(m): 10:15pm On May 01, 2015
emmydeep:

You mean your father is an empty headed fanatic? Oh, sory for you and your generations to come.
lame
Re: 24 Religious Houses Shut Down In Lagos For "Noise Pollution" by Nobody: 10:21pm On May 01, 2015
obiZEAL:
lame
Your father lame? You and your generations to come will not only be lame but deaf, dumb, imbeciles and lepers.
Qoute me again and die by bicycle accident.
Olodo
Re: 24 Religious Houses Shut Down In Lagos For "Noise Pollution" by obiZEAL(m): 10:33pm On May 01, 2015
emmydeep:

Your father lame? You and your generations to come will not only be lame but deaf, dumb, imbeciles and lepers.
Qoute me again and die by bicycle accident.
Olodo
try again...

(1) (Reply)

PICS - TB Joshua Gathers 200,000 In Mexico / Some Examples Of How The Qur’an Corrects The Bible - Part 1 / Mastrubation Is a Sin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.