Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,465 members, 7,826,770 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

DSS Operatives Attack Buhari’s Ex-campaign Coordinator - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Operatives Attack Buhari’s Ex-campaign Coordinator (751 Views)

11 Dead As Security Operatives Attack Pro Biafran Protesters In Rivers (video) / N5,000 Stipend: Opposition, Labour, Others Attack Buhari … PUNCH / Why We Change Our Position On Buhari. Ex-millitant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS Operatives Attack Buhari’s Ex-campaign Coordinator by kadas01(m): 9:16am On Apr 30, 2015
The Anambra State Coordinator of the Muhammadu Buhari Presidential Campaign Organisation in the 2007 presidential elections, Chief Ifeanyichukwu Nwokoye, was on Monday brutalised by men of the Department of State Service.

The DSS operatives reportedly beat Nwokoye to the extent that his sight had been affected.

Nwokoye alleged that he was brutalised because he refused to release information about 22 expatriate medical doctors invited by the Anambra State government for free medical mission in the state.

As of the time of filing this report on Wednesday, Nwokoye was receiving treatment at the Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University Teaching Hospital, Awka.

But the DSS said Nwokoye was to be blamed because he allegedly held its men hostage in his hotel.

This, the DSS explained, necessitated the agency to send its operatives to the hotel to rescue the men.

The state DSS Director, Alex Okeiyi, told newsmen that the command had concluded arrangements to take Nwokoye to court for assault.

Okeiyi said, “People should learn to respect security operatives because we are working for them. Securing Anambra is at a cost, people should help us; our men are being targeted by hoodlums all the time.”

But Nwokoye insisted that the DSS men bundled him and his wife to the agency’s office at Amawbia and humiliated them.

He said, “I was handcuffed with my wife like common criminals. I have never seen such a thing all my life, the retina of my eyes has been damaged. I was humiliated for no offence committed.

“I was in the hotel when these people walked in, three of them, they said they had information that some expatriates were quartered in the hotel and they demanded for the photocopies of their passports.

“I demanded for their identities because we did not know them and the security situation in the land is terrible. They refused and one of them banged his hand on the table in anger, shouting that they will deal with me for refusing to cooperate with them.

“At that point, I moved outside the room and called the Divisional Police Officer at the Central Police Station and ordered the people to lock the hotel gate; that was all. It is like they called their office for reinforcement and about 20 minutes later, they came in siren-blaring vehicles.

“They started beating my wife and me. They handcuffed us and bundled us into their vehicle and took us to their office, where we were dumped in a cell. As if that was not enough, they brought me out after they had removed my shirt, trousers and underwear, but their boss came out and ordered them to clothe me.

“One of the men later came and kicked me at the lower part of my body and I fainted. When I regained consciousness, I saw myself on a stretcher in their clinic; that was exactly what happened.”

A government official, who pleaded not to be named, said the DSS operatives were wrong for the assault on Nwokoye.

The official said, “Why would they demand the photocopies and identities of the medical doctors brought in by the government to treat the indigent and less-privileged persons in the state?

“Why didn’t they contact the government and inquire from us?”

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/dss-operatives-attack-buharis-ex-campaign-coordinator/
Re: DSS Operatives Attack Buhari’s Ex-campaign Coordinator by SeverusSnape(m): 9:17am On Apr 30, 2015
undecided
Re: DSS Operatives Attack Buhari’s Ex-campaign Coordinator by loomer: 9:20am On Apr 30, 2015
Who come de lie na?
Re: DSS Operatives Attack Buhari’s Ex-campaign Coordinator by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 30, 2015
Campaign coordinator in 2007 under which party??
Re: DSS Operatives Attack Buhari’s Ex-campaign Coordinator by MEILYN(m): 9:21am On Apr 30, 2015
This is so unfortunate. It is pathetic to see our security operatives lie just to defend themselves from unreasonable actions. DSS should be cleaned, it is in a complete mess at the moment.
Re: DSS Operatives Attack Buhari’s Ex-campaign Coordinator by politricks: 9:22am On Apr 30, 2015
Police is your friend DSS is your family
Re: DSS Operatives Attack Buhari’s Ex-campaign Coordinator by ishiamu(m): 9:24am On Apr 30, 2015
Gej our hero, Fayose our role model
Re: DSS Operatives Attack Buhari’s Ex-campaign Coordinator by Nobody: 9:36am On Apr 30, 2015
The headline is diffrent from the story
Re: DSS Operatives Attack Buhari’s Ex-campaign Coordinator by kadas01(m): 9:53am On Apr 30, 2015
DSS again!
Re: DSS Operatives Attack Buhari’s Ex-campaign Coordinator by ki02020(m): 9:58am On Apr 30, 2015
The OGAs of the DSS days are numbered
Re: DSS Operatives Attack Buhari’s Ex-campaign Coordinator by astana1: 9:59am On Apr 30, 2015
GEJ administration marginalized AND SACKED PEOPLE TO SET OUT HIS igbo TRIBALISTIC AGENDA

Igbo man Ike Nkeremandu, Deputy Senate President

Igbo man Emeka Ihedioha, Deputy Speaker
(Imagine that in a country with 6 geopolitical zones, one occupies the two of the 4 major National Assemby leadership positions!!)

Igbo man Pius Ayim, Secretary to the Federal Government

igbo man Godwin Emefiele is the governor of the central

bank of Nigeria
Igbo woman, Finance Minister and Co-ordinating Minister
for the Economy
Igbo woman petroluem Minister
Igbo man Nebo, Power Minister

Igbo man Minister of aviation

Printing and Minting - Igbo

Nafdac -Igbo

MINISTER OF Health - Igbo

Jonathan removed other tribes from head of parastatals and put Igbos there but that would be addressed now.Bureau of statistics was filled up with Igbos.
Even the Hausas/Fulanis in military have never done this above show of shame and pure tribalism. And Igbos were quiet all through that administration cos others were marginalised.

(1) (Reply)

AIT Should Appologise To Peoples GENERAL. / Nigerian Troops Rescue Another 234 Women, Children In Sambisa Forest / Explosion On Lagos Ibadan Express Way (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.