Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Nigerian Troops 'rescue More Girls' From Sambisa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Troops 'rescue More Girls' From Sambisa (17031 Views)

Boko Haram Members Killed By Army As They Tried To Attack Soldiers From Sambisa / Boko Haram Members Surrender To Troops As They Rescue More Villagers .. Photos / Photos From Sambisa Forest: Viewers Discretion Strictly Advised! (2) (3) (4)

Nigerian Troops 'rescue More Girls' From Sambisa by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 30, 2015
A day after the military announced that 200 girls and 93 women were rescued from Sambisa forest, a stronghold of the Boko Haram sect in Borno state, the army says more captives have regained freedom.

According to Sani Usman, acting director of army public relations, several camps of the insurgents were destroyed during the latest operation, geared towards stamping out insurgency. He listed some of the camps as Wulari Bukar, Gangala, Anguwar Bakwai, Jigide, Kotorima, Lagara Bello and Lagara Fulani.

“I wish to inform you that troops of 7 Division Nigerian Army have cleared several terrorists strong points and training camps within Sambisa forest, Borno State, Nigeria,” he said in a statement issued late Wednesday.

“The troops have also rescued additional women and children. They have been evacuated to a safety zone for further processing. “During the encounter, unfortunately, we lost a soldier, while 4 others were wounded in action. The troops have also killed several Boko Haram field commanders and foot soldiers and destroyed two armoured personnel carriers, 2 Buffalo vehicles mounted with anti-aircraft guns, a truck and several Hilux vehicles.

“The gallant soldiers also recovered one anti-aircraft gun, one general purpose machine gun, one rocket propelled grenade and several AK-47 rifles. Sadly, one woman died and eight other women sustained gunshot wounds. “So far, the troops have destroyed nine terrorist camps in the forest. This is in addition to the four destroyed yesterday.

The destroyed camps includes Wulari Bukar, Gangala, Anguwar Bakwai and Jigide. Others include Kotorima, Lagara Bello and Lagara Fulani among others. “I am glad to say that troops’ morale is very high as they are poised to accomplish the task of destroying all terrorists camps and rescuing all those held hostage by the terrorists.” Usman added that Chris Olukolade, director of defence information, would provide update on the ongoing counter-terrorism campaign in north-east later on Thursday.

http://www.thecable.ng/nigerian-troops-rescue-girls-sambisa

Re: Nigerian Troops 'rescue More Girls' From Sambisa by acenazt: 12:41pm On Apr 30, 2015
G.E.J leaving with distinction. Setting wrongs right and upholding his previous promises. Well more grease to the elbows of our gallant soldiers. Sai baba

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Troops 'rescue More Girls' From Sambisa by laclass(m): 1:06pm On Apr 30, 2015
Re: Nigerian Troops 'rescue More Girls' From Sambisa by kimond101: 1:07pm On Apr 30, 2015
Thank God

Re: Nigerian Troops 'rescue More Girls' From Sambisa by searay(m): 1:07pm On Apr 30, 2015
In God we trust.
GEJ till 2019

Re: Nigerian Troops 'rescue More Girls' From Sambisa by ednut1(m): 1:07pm On Apr 30, 2015
nollywood movie carefully drafted. thunder fire the people wey plan all dis gimmick sha

Re: Nigerian Troops 'rescue More Girls' From Sambisa by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 30, 2015
Ok next
Re: Nigerian Troops 'rescue More Girls' From Sambisa by eleojo23: 1:07pm On Apr 30, 2015
What is it with these Boko haram guys and women? Can't they wait till they get to heaven to have their 72 (women)virgins or are they doubtful if they will ever make it to heaven at all?

Re: Nigerian Troops 'rescue More Girls' From Sambisa by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 30, 2015
Re: Nigerian Troops 'rescue More Girls' From Sambisa by salvatore007(m): 1:08pm On Apr 30, 2015
Buhari My Role Model.... Osibanjo My Mentor

Re: Nigerian Troops 'rescue More Girls' From Sambisa by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 30, 2015
I hear you.
Re: Nigerian Troops 'rescue More Girls' From Sambisa by Matttthew(m): 1:08pm On Apr 30, 2015
Iro nla undecided
.Picture or Idonbilivit shocked

Re: Nigerian Troops 'rescue More Girls' From Sambisa by semoly(m): 1:08pm On Apr 30, 2015
God bless NA

Re: Nigerian Troops 'rescue More Girls' From Sambisa by jbkomo(m): 1:08pm On Apr 30, 2015
Good work on the part of our millitary. With gud mmanagment, our soldiers are d best in africa
Re: Nigerian Troops 'rescue More Girls' From Sambisa by seeker121(m): 1:08pm On Apr 30, 2015
more grease to their elbow.
Re: Nigerian Troops 'rescue More Girls' From Sambisa by Obike10: 1:09pm On Apr 30, 2015
Buhari is working

Re: Nigerian Troops 'rescue More Girls' From Sambisa by Mhomies: 1:09pm On Apr 30, 2015
Go ahead guys! God is with you.
Re: Nigerian Troops 'rescue More Girls' From Sambisa by okonelfg(m): 1:09pm On Apr 30, 2015
Gej my friend
buhari my enemy

Re: Nigerian Troops 'rescue More Girls' From Sambisa by lilwayneme(m): 1:09pm On Apr 30, 2015
the change is here

we understand the game better now
Re: Nigerian Troops 'rescue More Girls' From Sambisa by UnknownT: 1:09pm On Apr 30, 2015
Boko Haram are on their way to South Africa, they can't carry the camps. That's the reason the army have been destroying the empty camps lately gringrin

Re: Nigerian Troops 'rescue More Girls' From Sambisa by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 30, 2015
good job
Re: Nigerian Troops 'rescue More Girls' From Sambisa by Matttthew(m): 1:10pm On Apr 30, 2015
Bastard lies grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Troops 'rescue More Girls' From Sambisa by shammah1(m): 1:10pm On Apr 30, 2015
Another good news. How I wish the boko haram madness never started in the first place. It has literally destroyed GEJ's administration.
I pray it ends soonest. Amen

Re: Nigerian Troops 'rescue More Girls' From Sambisa by akinola107(m): 1:11pm On Apr 30, 2015
Re: Nigerian Troops 'rescue More Girls' From Sambisa by Sunnycliff(m): 1:11pm On Apr 30, 2015
Stupid Bokoharamites! Proving there churlishness on girl child kidnapping! There is more to Konji and bh!!
Re: Nigerian Troops 'rescue More Girls' From Sambisa by Matttthew(m): 1:11pm On Apr 30, 2015
Kkkkkk......Mofosssss

Rat deceiving Cats.....since 34AD

Now Nigerians er believing
#GodDeyWatchU
Re: Nigerian Troops 'rescue More Girls' From Sambisa by joystickextendr: 1:11pm On Apr 30, 2015
yea kill 'em all angry angry

Meanwhile are u having problems with your joystick size or having premature ejac?? Check my profile/signature
Re: Nigerian Troops 'rescue More Girls' From Sambisa by busky101(m): 1:11pm On Apr 30, 2015
Boko wrnt to south africa to fight xenophobia
Re: Nigerian Troops 'rescue More Girls' From Sambisa by Handsomeemmy(m): 1:12pm On Apr 30, 2015
Great news... Victory is indeed from God alone, thank you to my brothers and to everyone's brother, uncle and Father fighting very hard through sleepless night, Night in the trench, in harsh and toxic atmosphere, we as individuals of the great Nation are grateful for your selfless service and we pray daily for you guys that may your labour not go in vain. Ride on boys, Nigeria Military, the cradle and Home of Patriot.

We trust in God to help you bring our brothers and sisters home, we shall surely prevail.

VICTORY IS FROM GOD ALONE

Fulani Herdsmen Raid Agatu Community, Many Killed / TCN Announces Planned Power Outage In Lagos And Ogun State / "Buhari: A Public Servant On A Private Visit With Public Money"