Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,596 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

How Do I Help A Friend To Solve The Problem Of Bacterial Vaginosis. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Help A Friend To Solve The Problem Of Bacterial Vaginosis. (3340 Views)

Facts About Bacterial Vaginosis / What A Doctor Did When I Accompanied A Female Friend To The Hospital / Bacteria Vaginosis (main Cause Of Fish-like Vagina Odour) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Help A Friend To Solve The Problem Of Bacterial Vaginosis. by jooritse(m): 2:43am On Feb 04, 2009
hi freinds

Please I need advice on this issue of Bacterial Vaginosis. i have a friend who is always complaining of this problem of Bacterial Vaginosis.(often known as BV) is a common cause of vaginal discharge. i tried to advice her on what to do . it seems there is no solution. how do we help her.

thanks smiley
Re: How Do I Help A Friend To Solve The Problem Of Bacterial Vaginosis. by flpdistrib: 10:22am On Feb 04, 2009
I think i can help you,using some HERBAL REMEDIES FROM FOREVER LIVING PRODUCTS,but i need more info.CALL 08025798501 if you are interested.
Re: How Do I Help A Friend To Solve The Problem Of Bacterial Vaginosis. by Ademosh(m): 7:23am On Feb 10, 2009
Try 2 see ur doc!
Re: How Do I Help A Friend To Solve The Problem Of Bacterial Vaginosis. by AngieFan(f): 8:01am On Feb 10, 2009
Has your friend been diagnosed with this condition? How does she know she has it for sure?

If she was diagnosed with BV then she would have been offered some antibiotics to clear it up. Please check the link below for more information.

http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/23068687/

The antibiotic Metronidazole  clears up BV in about 7 to 10 days but it may be bring up a thrush infection so your friend may also need some cream for that too.

If you are in the UK please visit your local GUM clinic where one can be treated for free and also given free drugs or creams if required. In the US there are also local genital urinary clinics that you can visit but I am not sure if the treatment is free. I am not sure how one would go about getting the antibiotic Metronidazole in Nigeria either in case you are based there.
Re: How Do I Help A Friend To Solve The Problem Of Bacterial Vaginosis. by Ademosh(m): 8:02am On Feb 10, 2009
Hello advice ur freind 2 go to any good lab 4 proper investigations.and also 2 see doc 4 trtment.Meanwhile ur friend can try this if d diagnosis has been made 500mg metronidazole orally twice daîly for 7days plus 2% clindamycin cream(5g intravaginally at bed time)for 7days.The male patner must also be treated to prevent reccurene(can also use metro as stated above).pls reduce the metro to 250mg for preg.women or d preg.women should see her doc.before using any drug.
Re: How Do I Help A Friend To Solve The Problem Of Bacterial Vaginosis. by Ademosh(m): 8:02am On Feb 10, 2009
Hello advice ur freind 2 go to any good lab 4 proper investigations.and also 2 see doc 4 trtment.Meanwhile ur friend can try this if d diagnosis has been made 500mg metronidazole orally twice daîly for 7days plus 2% clindamycin cream(5g intravaginally at bed time)for 7days.The male patner must also be treated to prevent reccurene(can also use metro as stated above).pls reduce the metro to 250mg for preg.women or d preg.women should see her doc.before using any drug.
Re: How Do I Help A Friend To Solve The Problem Of Bacterial Vaginosis. by AngieFan(f): 8:12am On Feb 10, 2009
Ademosh:

BV is not an STD so the male partner may not need to be treated as she may not even have one. There are plenty of cases where a woman has not been sexually active but has still gotten BV

BV is normally brought up by excessive washing inside the vagina with soap and bubble baths. These foreign substances inside the vagina upsets its natural balance and leads to the over production of bacteria which causes discharge and an overly foul ordour from that part of the body.

What causes bacterial vaginosis?

BV is not caused by a single bacterium (germ). In BV, an 'overgrowth' of various bacteria occurs in the vagina. It is not clear why this happens. Normally, there are a number of different types of harmless bacteria in the vagina. These bacteria help in the defence against harmful germs (such as candida which causes thrush). In BV, there is a change in the balance of the normal bacteria in the vagina, and certain bacteria multiply and thrive much more than usual. Some bacteria become much more prominent than they normally are.

Doctors describe these changes as " a change in the bacterial flora of the vagina from mainly lactobacillus species to high concentrations of anaerobic bacteria."

BV is not caused by poor hygiene. In fact, excessive washing of the vagina may alter the normal balance of bacteria in the vagina, which may make BV more likely to develop.

Who gets bacterial vaginosis and how common is it?

At least 1 in 10 women have BV at some time in their life. It may be much more common than this as many cases are mild and cause no symptoms. (BV is at least twice as common as vaginal thrush.) Any woman can be affected by BV. BV is more common in women who have an intra-uterine contraceptive device (IUD). One study found that about half of women using an intrauterine contraceptive device had at least one episode of BV over a two year period.

Is bacterial vaginosis a sexually transmitted disease?

No, BV can affect any woman, including those who do not have sex. No bacterium is passed on that causes this condition. Sexual partners of women with BV do not need any treatment. However, some cases of BV seem to be sexually 'related'. It may develop after a change in sexual partner. In these cases, the infection is not 'caught' from anyone. However, a change in sexual partner may affect the balance of normal bacteria in the vagina.
Re: How Do I Help A Friend To Solve The Problem Of Bacterial Vaginosis. by Ademosh(m): 8:45am On Feb 10, 2009
Angiefan thanks for d info but BV usually occurs in sexually active individuals (especially those with multiple patners)other risk factors associated with BV are low socioeconomic status,presence of IUCD and prior STD.It is still debatable whether it is sexually transmitted,however in support of this is the recoyery of B.vaginalis in d urethra of male patners of affected women!
Re: How Do I Help A Friend To Solve The Problem Of Bacterial Vaginosis. by AngieFan(f): 12:04pm On Feb 10, 2009
@Ademosh
Many ladies who are diagnosed with BV don't have sexual partners. Given that fact it would be best to ask if the lady has a sexual partner rather than to casually assume that she has one. BV has also nothing to do with one's social economic status. Are you based in Nigeria? If you are then why am I not suprised that you would bring economics into this
Re: How Do I Help A Friend To Solve The Problem Of Bacterial Vaginosis. by flpdistrib: 10:08pm On Feb 11, 2009
Your friend needs berry nectar which contains aloe vera gel and cranberry to detoxify her body,garlic thyme,forever bee propolis a natural antibiotic which has antibacterial,antiviral and antiparasitic properties and strengthens the immune system. It is very effective against stds and various types of vaginal infections.Call 08025798501 for more info from a foreverliving prod distributor.
Re: How Do I Help A Friend To Solve The Problem Of Bacterial Vaginosis. by naijaking1: 2:17am On Feb 12, 2009
flpdistrib:

Your friend needs berry nectar which contains aloe vera gel and cranberry to detoxify her body,garlic thyme,forever bee propolis a natural antibiotic which has antibacterial,antiviral and antiparasitic properties and strengthens the immune system. It is very effective against stds and various types of vaginal infections.Call 08025798501 for more information from a foreverliving prod distributor.

I really don't know why you have to inject your pseudo-science mumojumbo into this crucial medical arguement between AngieFan and Ademosh. I know you have a product to sell to some stupid patient out there, but must you always jump into academic discussion?
Re: How Do I Help A Friend To Solve The Problem Of Bacterial Vaginosis. by flpdistrib: 12:26pm On Feb 12, 2009
Some stupid patient?You are entitled to your opinions about herbal remedies so,
Re: How Do I Help A Friend To Solve The Problem Of Bacterial Vaginosis. by Ademosh(m): 7:14am On Feb 13, 2009
@ angiefan. low socioeconomic status is for sure one of d important predisposing factor to BV in developing countries it predispose 2 malnutrition with subsequent immunosuppresion which favours d growth of some harmless organisms in female genital tract.But over there it might not be! D most important thing is to know if d poster of this issue has had any benefit from all these advice ,discussions.wish her d best.
Re: How Do I Help A Friend To Solve The Problem Of Bacterial Vaginosis. by Outstrip(f): 5:11pm On Feb 13, 2009
If she has been diagnosed by a doctor then antibiotics is all she needs. I thnk both of them are correct about BV. It is not really an STD but promiscuous people have a higher risk of contacting it and also pregnant women. Women who douch also put themselves at risk of BV and other vaginal infections.
Re: How Do I Help A Friend To Solve The Problem Of Bacterial Vaginosis. by PHARMTOKI(f): 9:45pm On Feb 13, 2009
Call for natural herbs that will help tremendously.cheers 018738625

(1) (Reply)

Bumps And Barber Rash Creams Clears Bumps In 7days / Where Can Pap Smear Test For Cervial Cancer Be Conducted? / LUTH calls for residents..Residency Training Program In Nigeria..info

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.