Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,863 members, 7,813,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

Another Buhari ‘walker’ Arrives Gombe With Over 70 Requests For President-elect - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Buhari ‘walker’ Arrives Gombe With Over 70 Requests For President-elect (17781 Views)

Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) / Pics: Another Buhari Supporters Begin Trekking From Biu, Borno State / Abubakar Duduwale Another Buhari's Supporter Starts Walk From Yola To Abuja. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Buhari ‘walker’ Arrives Gombe With Over 70 Requests For President-elect by lalasticlala(m): 12:46pm On Apr 30, 2015
Another walker, Malam Abubakar Umar, 43 years, who started trekking from Yola, Adamawa, on Saturday to celebrate the victory of President-elect, Maj-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, in Abuja arrived Gombe on Thursday where he spent the night.

The News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, reports that Umar said he was carrying more than 70 letters of requests from people of the North East region to Buhari which people gave him on his way.

He told NAN that most of the requests he received from the people were urging the president-elect to address insecurity and rebuild the region.

Umar, popularly known as African Duduwalle, said some women had also asked him to appeal to Buhari not to scrap the office of the First Lady.

According to him, the women said the office provided them opportunity to benefit from empowerment opportunities, appointments and other benefits.

“My bag is full of letters and requests from people who said I should give Buhari.

“Women also told me that I should appeal to the president-elect not to scrap the office of the First Lady, which affords women the opportunity to air their views as well as benefit from the government.

“Some people also told me to appeal to the president-elect to do something on the issue of Boko Haram; they even said they would bring photographs of the insurgency to take them to the General,” he said.

The man, who said he was an ardent supporter of Buhari since 2003 when he was a youth leader on the platform of the defunct ANPP, was happy to hear that Buhari had won.

Umar explained that his walk to Abuja was also to identify with notable Adamawa indigenes such as the former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar; Lamido of Adamawa, Alhaji Aliyu Mustapha; and wife of the president-elect, Hajiya Aisha Buhari, among others.

The walker said he had earlier planned to ride a bicycle to Abuja, but was encouraged by the trekking of Mr Suleiman Hashimu, who trekked from Lagos to Abuja to celebrate the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate’s victory in the March 28 election.

On his experience on walking a long distance before now, he recalled an instance where he trekked from Adamawa to Cameroun.

NAN reports that officials of Airtel Nigeria received the man and provided him with a smart phone to enhance his communication as he proceeded to his destination, Abuja.

Umar thanked Nigerians from all walks of life that provided him with water, food and other assistance on his way.

Also speaking to NAN, the North East Zonal Business Manager of Airtel Nigeria Ltd, Malam Muhammad Ibrahim, said the company was proud to identify with the man who is an Airtel customer.

Ibrahim said as a social responsibility of the company to the customer who was embarking of such heroic action, the company believed it should support him with means of communication, hence the gift of a smart phone.

He said workers of the company kept contact with him as well as assisted him during his journey and that the assistance would be sustained to ease his burden of his trekking.

NAN also reports that the man, who spent the night in Gombe, continued with his journey to Abuja on Thursday.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/04/30/another-buhari-walker-arrives-gombe-with-over-70-requests-for-president-elect/

2 Likes

Re: Another Buhari ‘walker’ Arrives Gombe With Over 70 Requests For President-elect by KingTom(m): 12:47pm On Apr 30, 2015
This is amazing, at this rate, people will Trek from all parts of Nigeria to see Buhari. Well, success is a friend to many, contrast this with the empty Aso Rock villa, no wonder the FG has been warning against forming parallel Government. Failure has no friend.

*************MODIFIED**************
PROPOSED SITE FOR FTC BARRACKS

ARMY LAND KEEP OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 Likes

Re: Another Buhari ‘walker’ Arrives Gombe With Over 70 Requests For President-elect by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 30, 2015
jobless mofos, ur walking and trekking for a man hu dosnt see any need for sports and exercise, d same man dat scrabbed ministry of sports because he can't exercise

I pity for the square root of hausa ppl life

5 Likes

Re: Another Buhari ‘walker’ Arrives Gombe With Over 70 Requests For President-elect by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 30, 2015
While reading this I had the picture of Forest Gump in my head as he ran across America grin

6 Likes

Re: Another Buhari ‘walker’ Arrives Gombe With Over 70 Requests For President-elect by vikyno(m): 12:48pm On Apr 30, 2015
Welcome.

“Women also told me that I should appeal to
the president-elect not to scrap the office of
the First Lady, which affords women the
opportunity to air their views as well as
benefit from the government"

I smell something here...
Politicians with lies.

Well, GMB had earlier said that "manifestoes are not holy books(The Bible and Quran) that cannot be changed or altered.

#Nigerianshasbeenduped.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Buhari ‘walker’ Arrives Gombe With Over 70 Requests For President-elect by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 30, 2015
Nothing like office of the First Lady abegi grin a lot of mumu dey dis thread o, posting k grin

1 Like

Re: Another Buhari ‘walker’ Arrives Gombe With Over 70 Requests For President-elect by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 30, 2015
I will trekk from maitama to______

al this trekking darisss God oooooh
Re: Another Buhari ‘walker’ Arrives Gombe With Over 70 Requests For President-elect by themilanway(m): 12:50pm On Apr 30, 2015
I will trek from lagos to Owerri if this thread does not make front page.

1 Like

Re: Another Buhari ‘walker’ Arrives Gombe With Over 70 Requests For President-elect by makzeze: 12:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
THIS TREKKERS SHOULD KNOW THAT BUHARI WILL NOT GIVE THEM KOBO.

IF BUHARI WILL FIND HIS WAY, HE WILL ASK HIS DOCTORS TO CARRY OUT PSYCHIATRIC TEST ON THEM TO ASCERTAIN
THEIR MENTALITY LEVEL.

4 Likes

Re: Another Buhari ‘walker’ Arrives Gombe With Over 70 Requests For President-elect by Mekybliss(f): 12:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
All this for a man yet they can't say our lords prayer when they are out of the of bed.

2 Likes

Re: Another Buhari ‘walker’ Arrives Gombe With Over 70 Requests For President-elect by Drsheddy(m): 12:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
Hmm na wa o
Re: Another Buhari ‘walker’ Arrives Gombe With Over 70 Requests For President-elect by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
I think its now obvious why more people are now involved in this . Nothing spectacular again
Sai Buhari though
Re: Another Buhari ‘walker’ Arrives Gombe With Over 70 Requests For President-elect by yorke1: 12:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
crazy acts everywhere ...better than that edoit that said he trekked from Lagos to Abuja and baba one chance believed him and gave him an hand shake.

When you have a President elect with a dead brain, funny things abound to be happening.

8 Likes

Re: Another Buhari ‘walker’ Arrives Gombe With Over 70 Requests For President-elect by Matttthew(m): 12:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
Copy cat
Re: Another Buhari ‘walker’ Arrives Gombe With Over 70 Requests For President-elect by Mogidi: 12:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
At this rate, all northerners would have trekked or walked to Abuja before the end of Buhari's tenure.

Check the news tomorrow for more lazy northerners walking to Abuja to meet baba one chance.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Buhari ‘walker’ Arrives Gombe With Over 70 Requests For President-elect by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
Looks like all Nigerians are actually Jew.
Re: Another Buhari ‘walker’ Arrives Gombe With Over 70 Requests For President-elect by Nairalane: 12:53pm On Apr 30, 2015
There Are Many Things U Can Do To Be Popular, Not Just Walking Aroud. E.G U Can Swim From Nigeria To Sao Tome.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Another Buhari ‘walker’ Arrives Gombe With Over 70 Requests For President-elect by Oziddy: 12:53pm On Apr 30, 2015
Nothing seeyeth us not for this country.ooo
Re: Another Buhari ‘walker’ Arrives Gombe With Over 70 Requests For President-elect by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 30, 2015
MUST YOU COPY?
Re: Another Buhari ‘walker’ Arrives Gombe With Over 70 Requests For President-elect by Pavore9: 12:53pm On Apr 30, 2015
Johnny Walkers! See as the man don collect smartphone from Airtel, Nna men see profit o! cheesy lf l attempt trek from Lagos to Onitsha na family meeting and deliverance on top my head! cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Another Buhari ‘walker’ Arrives Gombe With Over 70 Requests For President-elect by kingthreat(m): 12:53pm On Apr 30, 2015
This walking in the name of politicians should be banned ASAP. They are making Buhari seem like he's the messiah. The old general will simply change what he can change and deal with things he cannot change.
Re: Another Buhari ‘walker’ Arrives Gombe With Over 70 Requests For President-elect by makzeze: 12:54pm On Apr 30, 2015
Nairalane:
J
K L M N O P Q R ST U V W X Y Z

2 Likes

Re: Another Buhari ‘walker’ Arrives Gombe With Over 70 Requests For President-elect by mooremedia: 12:54pm On Apr 30, 2015
kudo to this guy.
Among all the trekkers. ...this is the most purposeful. Atleast he has a message to deliver.

2 Likes

Re: Another Buhari ‘walker’ Arrives Gombe With Over 70 Requests For President-elect by Matttthew(m): 12:54pm On Apr 30, 2015
Scam....
Gej cause all dis
Re: Another Buhari ‘walker’ Arrives Gombe With Over 70 Requests For President-elect by CountDracula(m): 12:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
Where is everybody walkin to? Na wa ooo...
Re: Another Buhari ‘walker’ Arrives Gombe With Over 70 Requests For President-elect by pachukwu16: 12:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
Nonsensical nonsense.........

1 Like

Re: Another Buhari ‘walker’ Arrives Gombe With Over 70 Requests For President-elect by KingTom(m): 12:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
Chiam55:
While reading this I had the picture of Forest Gump as he ran across America grin
L for Lai Mohammed grin
Re: Another Buhari ‘walker’ Arrives Gombe With Over 70 Requests For President-elect by eboy002(m): 12:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
trek during the day, disguise yaself and use public transport during the night stop at the neighbouring state. haba mallam

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"I Have Found My Missing Original Certificates" - Obaseki / Fleeing Boko Haram Member Arrested In Abuja / Governor Obiano Casts His Vote During Anambra Election (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.