Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,332 members, 7,829,846 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power (1885 Views)

APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition / Jonathan Hindering Smooth Transition, Displaying Misplaced Anger – APC / APC Accuses Jonathan Of ‘last-minute Dubious Activities’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power by ijustdey: 1:54pm On Apr 30, 2015
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has accused the JonathanAdministration of plotting to hinder a smooth handover of power on May29th,. as it is becoming apparent that the Administration will not fully cooperate with the incoming government, despite its public posturing in that regard.
In a statement issued in Abuja on Thursday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party also described as an act of hostility and a patently-misplaced aggression the unnecessary vituperation against the incoming Buhari Administration by the Jonathan government, ostensibly because of the terms of reference of the Buhari Transition Committee but in reality part of an orchestrated
plot to sabotage the transition.
It rejected the continued blackmail by the Jonathan Administration as a result of President Jonathan’s concession of defeat, wondering whether the concession, gracious as it was, has now become a shield for all wrong doings.
”We are sick and tired of being blackmailed by the Jonathanians. Gen. Buhari won the 28 March Presidential Elections fair and square, having satisfied both constitutional and other statutory requirements. We
have no apology for our victory, and the concession of defeat – while it may have increased the political stock of President Jonathan – has by no means diminished the historic and emphatic victory of Gen. Muhammadu Buhari and the All Progressives Congress,” APC said.
Justifying its statement that the Jonathan Administration is plotting to hinder a smooth transition of power, the party said while the outgoing government had earlier issued a memo to all ministries, departments and agencies to make sure their handover notes are ready by April 20th, the same government has now reversed itself and said the handover notes will not be ready until May 14th.
”With the new date, the Buhari Transition Committee will have little or no time to take a thorough look at the handover notes or seek clarification on knotty issues, effectively handing it (Buhari Transition Committee) a fait accompli as far as the handover notes are concerned. This does not augur well for a smooth transition and gives
the impression that the outgoing Administration is trying to hide something.
”By its dillydallying on the date for the readiness of the handover notes from the MDAs, the administration’s posturing that it is ready to hand over has been exposed as nothing but a smokescreen,” it said.
APC described as illogical and strange the claim by the Jonathan Administration that the President-elect is trying to set up a parallel government simply because he has set up his own Transition Committee and given it terms of reference meant to guide the members on the discharge of their duties as members of that Committee, wondering how
on earth those terms of reference have become the concern of the outgoing Federal Executive Council.
”In case the Federal Executive Council has forgotten, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress was declared the winner of the March 28th Presidential Election by INEC. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari is therefore today the President-elect and the All Progressives Congress
the incoming government. It is therefore illogical to accuse the President-elect and the incoming government of setting up a parallel government.
”It is either the outgoing Federal Executive Council has something to hide or is bent on sabotaging the incoming government. There can be no other reasons for the misplaced aggression that was exhibited in that ill-intentioned, unprovoked and vitriolic statement from the Jonathan
government,” the party said.
It said that in order to put the matter beyond doubt, the party has decided to publish in full the terms of reference in question so that Nigerians can judge for themselves whether there is anything suggestive of intimidation or running a parallel government in the document.
APC warned the Jonathanians not to overstretch the goodwill which the President has earned by his gracious concession even before INEC officially declared Gen. Muhammadu Buhari as the winner of the March 28th Presidential election, saying while it was momentous, it was not unprecedented in Africa, where power has changed hands peacefully between the ruling and opposition parties in several nations.
”Are they now saying that because the President conceded defeat, the incoming administration can no longer ask legitimate questions or seek clarifications that may arise from the handover notes.
”We will not surrender to any blackmail, subtle or otherwise. We shall ask questions and ask for explanations and clarifications whenever and wherever we deem such necessary. We cannot run a transparently honest government or fight corruption if we are prevented from asking legitimate questions and seeking clarifications from the outgoing government during the transition process. Let the Jonathan Administration not tie our hands behind our back just because he conceded defeat after losing an election,” the party said

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/apc-accuses-jonathans-govt-of-hindering-smooth-transition-of-power/
Re: APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power by temitemi1(m): 1:58pm On Apr 30, 2015
Apc,Nah never stop this ur cry grin grin cheesy. GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power by PointB: 2:02pm On Apr 30, 2015
APC and propaganda are just like Siamese twins; the two are inseparable! cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power by zinachidi(m): 2:07pm On Apr 30, 2015
let 29 may come quickly joor
Re: APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power by Islie: 2:07pm On Apr 30, 2015
Justifying its statement that the Jonathan Administration is plotting to hinder a smooth transition of power, the party said while the outgoing government had earlier issued a memo to all ministries, departments and agencies to make sure their handover notes are ready by April 20th, the same government has now reversed itself and said the handover notes will not be ready until May 14th.
”With the new date, the Buhari Transition Committee will have little or no time to take a thorough look at the handover notes or seek clarification on knotty issues, effectively handing it (Buhari Transition Committee) a fait accompli as far as the handover notes are concerned.

The government don't want their yansh to be opened again like what did happened during the NNPC scam report that have tinted the image GEJ tried to keep after his calling to congratulate GMB

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 30, 2015
The propagandists and crybabies are at it again. The APC should endure till May 29, 2015. Should the business of governmnt stop because Buhari is coming to power?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 30, 2015
*********MODIFIED**********
APC accuse Goodluck for trying to create a unstable term in office for GMB through last min cut-n-join appointments!
Re: APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power by Demdem(m): 2:09pm On Apr 30, 2015
Jonah-daft is just so useless.

6 Likes

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power by shortgun(m): 2:10pm On Apr 30, 2015
I think I will stop reading any article from this Lai Mohammed, it's beginning to adversely affect my head.

Nonsense.
Re: APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power by Ifeconwaba(m): 2:10pm On Apr 30, 2015
Is like this apc people are fools

1 Like

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power by NCOIM(m): 2:13pm On Apr 30, 2015
This useless party is at it again >: angry

These old fools want to incite violence
APC,,,,association of Pained confusionists angry
Re: APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power by PassingShot(m): 2:13pm On Apr 30, 2015
APC are perfectly correct in this allegation.

Or, how else do you describe a government who keeps shifting the goal post just because they're scared of being exposed. How do you define a government that sees conceding an election it lost as a favor to the nation?

Well, in any case, their "yansh" will eventually be exposed no matter how long it takes to hand over.

8 Likes

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power by otr1(m): 2:13pm On Apr 30, 2015
What more evidence is confirming this than GEJ's complaints about Buhari's Transition Committee "Term of Reference"?
Re: APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 30, 2015
Only God knows what would have happened had the propagandists lost the last elections!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power by PassingShot(m): 2:14pm On Apr 30, 2015
NCOIM:

Pained confusionists that just dislodged the once almighty PDP. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power by Islie: 2:16pm On Apr 30, 2015
NCOIM:

See painment because they lost election

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 30, 2015
APC and lies be like Akara and bread
Re: APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 30, 2015
Demdem:
Jonah-daft is just so useless.

Yeah, he maybe useless, but you need to pray to God that you achieve the magnitude of personal success that he's achieved so far.
Re: APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power by Samchelsea(m): 2:23pm On Apr 30, 2015
Please may 29th should arrive quick cos I'm tired of this APC cry babies behaving like a 2 year old girl who got admitted to a university
Maybe they are yet to come to terms with the fact that they have rigged themselves into power already and are still playing the opposition
Re: APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power by Demdem(m): 2:26pm On Apr 30, 2015
AwesomelyMade:

Yeah, he maybe useless, but you need to pray to God that you achieve the magnitude of personal success that he's achieved so far.

Fool, u should be focused on ur miserable self instead, am already made and highly comfortable and contended.

3 Likes

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power by otr1(m): 2:26pm On Apr 30, 2015
Let the Jonathan Administration not tie our hands behind our back just because he conceded defeat after losing an election,” the party said
grin
Lai Badmouth Mohammed grin
Re: APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 30, 2015
Demdem:

Fool, u should be focused on ur miserable self instead, am already made and highly comfortable and contended.

I don't abuse people because my words are like fire, I only advised you. If you had the effrontery to call your president useless and daft, then you are far from being 'comfortable and contended' because your attitude are only exhibited by people who are frustrated and ungrateful. I didn't say you are!
Re: APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power by denziz: 2:31pm On Apr 30, 2015
All iz well
Re: APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power by Demdem(m): 2:37pm On Apr 30, 2015
AwesomelyMade:

I don't abuse people because my words are like fire, I only advised you. If you had the effrontery to call your president useless and daft, then you are far from being 'comfortable and contended' because your attitude are only exhibited by people who are frustrated and ungrateful. I didn't say you are!

Fool, i also don't insult people, only call them by their true names based on their eediotic reasoning and worst still calling my name to it.
What did u say about the useless drunkard that chose to call leaders of a part of a country rascals? where is ur criticism about that?
Doesnt that suggest that if we choose to call him a bastard we are right on point.
Coocck succker, again u gat no point.

3 Likes

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 30, 2015
Demdem:

Fool, i also don't insult people, only call them by their true names based on their eediotic reasoning and worst still calling my name to it.
What did u say about the useless drunkard that chose to call leaders of a part of a country rascals? where is ur criticism about that?
Doesnt that suggest that if we choose to call him a bastard we are right on point.
Coocck succker, again u gat no point.

Have a nice day smiley
Re: APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power by Demdem(m): 2:44pm On Apr 30, 2015
AwesomelyMade:

Have a nice day smiley

Good Riddance
Re: APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 30, 2015
PointB:
APC and propaganda are just like Siamese twins; the two are inseparable! cheesy cheesy
You always say rubbish
Re: APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 30, 2015
barcanista:
The propagandists and crybabies are at it again. The APC should endure till May 29, 2015. Should the business of governmnt stop because Buhari is coming to power?
You need to improve your comprehension which is lacking.APC is going to publish it's requests it made to the outgoing crooked goverment,you will see the demands are not outrageous.
Re: APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power by ki02020(m): 2:47pm On Apr 30, 2015
Who's side should we believe PDP blaming apc for parallel govt and APC blaming PDP for hindering transitional process......I believe APC is saying the truth

1 Like

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power by arbitter: 2:49pm On Apr 30, 2015
barcanista:

What are you stupld or somethingundecided All they were asked to do is give their damn handover notes and other info and they felt the need to go to the media whining about a parallel Government. Let them continue acting like the ldiots they are, they only have till May 29 to get the fvck out of our sight.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
ki02020:
Who's side should we believe PDP blaming apc for parallel govt and APC blaming PDP for hindering transitional process......I believe APC is saying the truth
It amazes me some people still support this band of thieves that could'nt give us light for 16 years and are corruption personified. Nigeria really is an animal farm and some people will continue to support their oppressors."Free yourself from mental slavery" *Bob Marley voice*
Re: APC Accuses Jonathan’s Govt Of Hindering Smooth Transition Of Power by lionduke(m): 3:00pm On Apr 30, 2015
[quote author=Demdem post=33276089]Jonah-daft is just so useless. [/ haba son, why call your dad's role model useless. Anyway, I blame that cheap 50 naira gold circle.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate President Bukola Saraki Today Arrives Home Town,Ilorin In Style(Photos) / Fela Kuti In Bandages After He Was Beaten By Soldiers In 1974(pics / LIVE UPDATE; Rivers State Election Tribunal Drama As Wike Closes His Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.