Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

BBM Pin No Longer Private - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / BBM Pin No Longer Private (20493 Views)

Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features / Whatsapp Now Lets You Pin Your Favourite Chats On Top / Anyone Can Withdraw Money Without Knowing Your ATM PIN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBM Pin No Longer Private by Macmilla(m): 9:19am On May 01, 2015
driand:
BBM died a long time ago, and to be sincere with you, whatsapp is exactly what an IM should be, and it's even improving, BBM actually has no place on my device and to think of the fact that after knowing you I have your phone number, I still have to like "can I have your PIN?" dat is even annoying
Dude, that is the whole idea behind bbm, to have two completely different worlds in ur phone. Two worlds you can manage independent of each other. I can let you have my number and by so doing, put u in my phone/whatsapp world but I might not like you enough to have you in my bbm world.
Re: BBM Pin No Longer Private by Nobody: 9:20am On May 01, 2015
My broda, me sef I haff tire oo. I just saw one girl's pin that hz been posting me since.
Re: BBM Pin No Longer Private by Nobody: 9:21am On May 01, 2015
Girls would no longer be accepting facebook request now.
Re: BBM Pin No Longer Private by Macmilla(m): 9:27am On May 01, 2015
tohpahz:
No way.!! shocked m not updating!!
I just noticed that the other person must have the latest version also before you can chat with him without invite. So you might wanna withold updating for now if you really don't want that intrusion.

Re: BBM Pin No Longer Private by Nobody: 9:31am On May 01, 2015
mystiqueDZ:
I t is working.....
I use android phone
Re: BBM Pin No Longer Private by thefakestan: 9:37am On May 01, 2015
Macmilla:

Just observed it after my last bbm update
Thanks, i'm not updating
Re: BBM Pin No Longer Private by fabrigas18(m): 9:37am On May 01, 2015
SerialMan:
Do people still use BBM?
I wonder Ooo!
Re: BBM Pin No Longer Private by fabrigas18(m): 9:40am On May 01, 2015
bright007:
shoro niyen?
I wonder Ooo!
Re: BBM Pin No Longer Private by TheFilmmaker: 10:03am On May 01, 2015
I upgraded my bbm now. Here is a screenshot:

Re: BBM Pin No Longer Private by Handsome1: 10:09am On May 01, 2015
Macmilla:
Bbm just started giving out ppl's pins FOC. Once someone has ur number, the person can get ur pin and can chat with you even without sending you an invite. This function is available in the latest version of bbm. This makes it just like whatapp. What
do you think about this development?
that means no updating to the latest version then its really that easy...we jst stay with this version
Re: BBM Pin No Longer Private by scarwiz(m): 10:14am On May 01, 2015
Macmilla:
Bbm just started giving out ppl's pins FOC. Once someone has ur number, the person can get ur pin and can chat with you even without sending you an invite. This function is available in the latest version of bbm. This makes it just like whatapp. What do you think about this development?
i think is good
Re: BBM Pin No Longer Private by Macmilla(m): 10:17am On May 01, 2015
Handsome1:

that means no updating to the latest version then its really that easy...we jst stay with this version
I don't think it's that easy, you might open bbm one day and see a message like this..
"Your version of bbm is outdated and no longer works. Please update your bbm to enjoy the latest developments. Thanks for using bbm"
And there goes ur escape route.

1 Like

Re: BBM Pin No Longer Private by scarwiz(m): 10:18am On May 01, 2015
5340CCE2 add me(Abj only)frm 13 to 23
Re: BBM Pin No Longer Private by luthorcorp: 10:22am On May 01, 2015
ignis:
The people that have my contacts can send thousands of messages, but they can't force me to reply it. So there's no big deal.
no offence intended but are u really dat special??
Re: BBM Pin No Longer Private by wonlasewonimi: 10:35am On May 01, 2015
I take it you guys have never heard about TELEGRAM. With this, as soon as your enemy join, you're informed. You can then block them!
Re: BBM Pin No Longer Private by Akainzo(m): 10:41am On May 01, 2015
Macmilla:
Bbm just started giving out ppl's pins FOC. Once someone has ur number, the person can get ur pin and can chat with you even without sending you an invite. This function is available in the latest version of bbm. This makes it just like whatapp. What do you think about this development?

First off, they are not giving out People's PINs as you claimed, rather they are letting you be aware of Contacts / Friends that you already have who are using BBM thereby helping you grow your network.

Same as Facebook Showing "Friends you may know"!

Note that for you to see the "Other Contacts", you should already have the following attributes of the Contact:
1. An email address that corresponds to the BBID of the contact.
2. A phone number that corresponds to one in the BBID of the Contact.

Also remember, you won't see the BB PIN of the Contact until you both become BBM Contacts. So in essence your identity is very much hidden.
Re: BBM Pin No Longer Private by ignis: 10:48am On May 01, 2015
luthorcorp:
no offence intended but are u really dat special??
Of course. ..Everybody is special.
You are special too. ...

1 Like

Re: BBM Pin No Longer Private by Nobody: 11:10am On May 01, 2015
I think it's a brilliant move considering the pressure from other chat apps(WhatsApp, wechat et al). Bbm is meant to be private but they lost it since it went cross platform. What I think they should do now it to divide bbm into sections(it's already divided tho).

They sound bring more options namely

Updating dp only for bbm contacts or contacts or all contacts

Updating pm only for bbm contacts or contacts or all contacts

I think this move would bring more privacy and would make bbm stand unique and different

All in all its a brilliant move
Re: BBM Pin No Longer Private by alorauzoms(m): 11:29am On May 01, 2015
All na part of the "CHANGE ". Or u can blame GEJ ..!!
Re: BBM Pin No Longer Private by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 01, 2015
ignis:
The people that have my contacts can send thousands of messages, but they can't force me to reply it. So there's no big deal.
And who's MB will get exhausted?
Re: BBM Pin No Longer Private by mystiqueDZ(f): 12:34pm On May 01, 2015
Gejpresident:
I use android phone
same....it's working.
Re: BBM Pin No Longer Private by scarwiz(m): 1:15pm On May 01, 2015
This airtel cheat selects sim cards.All u ave 2 do is to dial dis codes. 1)for 100mb-*140*100#.2)FOR500MB-*140*500# . 4 more cheat go to www.godchurchs.forumotion.com like page facebook/godchurchs.forumotion
Re: BBM Pin No Longer Private by luthorcorp: 1:23pm On May 01, 2015
ignis:

Of course. ..Everybody is special.
You are special too. ...
yea i know i am special but it shouldn't make me start tinkin am a god or sometin....
Re: BBM Pin No Longer Private by ignis: 1:28pm On May 01, 2015
luthorcorp:
yea i know i am special but it shouldn't make me start tinkin am a god or sometin....

It's called self worth and dignity. ..
Re: BBM Pin No Longer Private by ChappyChase: 2:47pm On May 01, 2015
That na scrap jor!!!!!
Re: BBM Pin No Longer Private by 0ldirtybastard(m): 3:20pm On May 01, 2015
iamrealdeji:
yeah real classic,you need to get Eazy E's Its's on (Dr Dre)187 EP, #hoodClassic

So if it's on muthaphukka, then it's on G! Blasting since I got "creep n crawl".
Re: BBM Pin No Longer Private by Themandator: 5:31pm On May 01, 2015
midasbliss:
Dont blame em jare, Whatsapp Is Giving Bbm A Run 4its Life... grin

Whatsapp is far too fine for bbm to even attempt a catch up.. Over a billion Android users alone.
Re: BBM Pin No Longer Private by blaquemyc: 7:24pm On May 01, 2015
Your pin, dp and updates are still private as long as you've not added the contact.
Re: BBM Pin No Longer Private by charlsecy(m): 7:24pm On May 01, 2015
habeebcole:
wat of whatsapp calls .... how true is dat one
It works. Check www.mobiletechbits.com/2015/03/whatsapp-voice-calls.html
Re: BBM Pin No Longer Private by Handsome1: 7:32pm On May 01, 2015
Macmilla:

I don't think it's that easy, you might open bbm one day and see a message like this..
"Your version of bbm is outdated and no longer works. Please update your bbm to enjoy the latest developments. Thanks for using bbm"
And there goes ur escape route.
yeah u have point there thou
Re: BBM Pin No Longer Private by Sike(m): 7:39am On May 02, 2015
ki02020:
Am sure there is a BLOCK option...so if there any erubebe you seems not to like you simply Jega the fellow
lol. Chikena!
Re: BBM Pin No Longer Private by fathomberry: 10:19am On May 02, 2015
@OP you don't know what you're talking about o.

That feature actually means that you can chat with phonebook contacts and they must be conected to the Internet.

It has nothing to do with exposing your PIN.

Actually it's you that will expose your PIN by chatting with random people that are not contacts on your BBM.

The feature was even developed to encourage people to chat with their other contacts without inviting them to BBM.

If you have other questions you can add me on BBM tongue pin:2BF38E84

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reasons Your Whatsapp Was Banned And How To Reactivate it (Whatsapp) / I Want To Buy ₦40k iPhone 7 / Does The Length Of Charging Cable Affect Charging Speed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.