Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... (2302 Views)

Fayose: "I Still Don't Believe Chibok Girls Were Kidnapped" (Video) / Will The PDP Still Complete Their 12 Floor-national Secretariat In Abuja CBD? / President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... by socialmediaman: 1:55am On May 01, 2015
Jonathan and PDP still don't get it

I have watched a football game where a team lost and they were blaming their loss on the referee reducing their number of players with red cards.. To them, it didn't matter whether they committed the fouls or not.

In 2011, Jonathan won the presidential election, Buhari complained that he was shortchanged, but the election was widely acclaimed "free and fair".. What suddenly changed?

In 2011, we witnessed "underage" voters across the north, even in states where Buhari lost election, why did it suddenly become a problem when the government could've dealt with the issue all these years? How are we even sure these underage voters are not the ones who accounted for the votes Jonathan got in the north? Or was APC tagged on their foreheads?

The simple fact here is that President Jonathan, going by his recent submission, and the PDP in general, including most of their supporters, have not understood that it was Nigerians, not the opposition, that voted him out. Jonathan became so unpopular, if he wasn't, he couldn't have had a very poor performance even in PDP controlled states.

We heard about how youths in Bauchi slept over at the INEC office despite curfew, just to ensure their votes counted. We heard about how the outgoing senate president was given a very good chase that almost cost him the senate re-election, the signs are just there, but the PDP has refused to see or listen. The same people who deceived the president over the years have refused to let him see clearly and understand where he went wrong with Nigerians. They continue to blame opposition, and they think all critics are partisan.

I wish for the PDP to stop deceiving itself about its TRUE level of popularity among Nigerians. It is not possible to "rig-out" a president who enjoys popularity among his country people, that will only happen by the wish of the people, because as it seems, most Nigerians are happy that he lost the election. The onus now rests on the PDP to reorganize itself and present a newer and refined face to Nigerians. The PDP ship as it stands is sinking, I hope they realize this quick enough, deal with the reality and do the needful because we need a robust opposition no matter what.

- SocialMediaMan

19 Likes

Re: President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... by Nobody: 2:19am On May 01, 2015
Word!!! Those who fail to look back and correct their wrongs are only destined for more faillures!!!

For me PDP is not a viable alternative; I sincerely hpe a good ppoosition will rise up to d chAllenge...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... by socialmediaman: 2:37am On May 01, 2015
killerman47:
Word!!! Those who fail to look back and correct their wrongs are only destined for more faillures!!!

For me PDP is not a viable alternative; I sincerely hpe a good ppoosition will rise up to d chAllenge...

If they will come back to power they'll have to prove to Nigerians that's it's no longer business as usual, possibly starting at the governorship level. They just have to support their governors to work and prove pessimists wrong, rather than milk them to fund selfish political interests

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... by Mynd44: 3:02am On May 01, 2015
The most confusing thing is that the PDP has someone like Donald Duke in its ranks but did not put him on the front. How can you have Donald Duke hiding while someone like FFK handles your campaign?

10 Likes

Re: President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... by Sweetguy25: 3:13am On May 01, 2015
I'm tired of this hypocrisy from people like you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... by Nobody: 3:21am On May 01, 2015
Mynd44:
The most confusing thing is that the PDP has someone like Donald Duke in its ranks but did not put him on the front. How can you have Donald Duke hiding while someone like FFK handles your campaign?
The PDP needed something like an 'attack dog', someone who could shamelessly take on the APCmedia campaign. Duke is too much of a gentleman to fit that role.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... by Mynd44: 3:27am On May 01, 2015
kropotkin2:
The PDP needed something like an 'attack dog', someone who could shamelessly take on the APCmedia campaign. Duke is too much of a gentleman to fit that role.
FFK is a brute who a lot of people do not respect. He is a tribal bigot who has corruption issues dangling over his neck. Those things can not be shaken or wished away.

You can't have that kind of person as your poster boy and expect to do anything reasonable attack dog or not. Look at Lai Muhammed, things like Tribal bigotry is not in his books.

Donald Duke might not fill the ranks of attack dog but he will surely be part of the planning and you get someone who is as vicious but really intelligent with a background that is not as "colorful" as FFK.

The entire team was a failure Renk Omokri, Doyin (Former) Okupe, Fayose and FFK did a lot of damage to GEJ's credibility with their campaign of hatred and there was Obanikoro who just spoilt everything

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... by Nobody: 3:37am On May 01, 2015
Mynd44:

FFK is a brute who a lot of people do not respect. He is a tribal bigot who has corruption issues dangling over his neck. Those things can not be shaken or wished away.

You can't have that kind of person as your poster boy and expect to do anything reasonable attack dog or not. Look at Lai Muhammed, things like Tribal bigotry is not in his books.

Donald Duke might not fill the ranks of attack dog but he will surely be part of the planning and you get someone who is as vicious but really intelligent with a background that is not as "colorful" as FFK.

The entire team was a failure Renk Omokri, Doyin (Former) Okupe, Fayose and FFK did a lot of damage to GEJ's credibility with their campaign of hatred and there was Obanikoro who just spoilt everything
I see your point but if i recall correctly, Duke resigned his membership of PDP a few years ago and to my recollection he hasn't rejoined the party till date. I believe he joined the labour party or so. Besides I doubt if he would have agreed to have anything to do with the PDP campaign
Re: President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... by omonnakoda: 3:39am On May 01, 2015
kropotkin2:
PDP did not lose because of a bad campaign. Ultimately the PDP lost because the SW changed their minds and voted differently than they did in 2011. Clearly to some extent that was due to the merger of the AC and APC but it was clear the North was aggrieved and for this reason it was even more important to capture the SW so as to hold the entire south and ensure greater voter turnout in Lagos. GEJ succeeded in alienating the SW through a multitude of actions and inactions including allowing Eboes to act out their rivalry agenda with the Yoruba through his government. Eboes are perfectly entitled to do so but Eboe interest and Jonathan's interest turned out to be divergent. That is what cost him at the end of the day,the fact that the Yoruba did not feel included in his government cost him dearly and that should be a lesson for any future Southern President, Who benefits from southern disunity and rivalry? . When push comes to shove the north will unite but will the south? Southern presidents should not take fellow southerners for granted that is the lesson

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... by omonnakoda: 3:40am On May 01, 2015

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... by Mynd44: 3:48am On May 01, 2015
kropotkin2:
I see your point but if i recall correctly, Duke resigned his membership of PDP a few years ago and to my recollection he hasn't rejoined the party till date. I believe he joined the labour party or so. Besides I doubt if he would have agreed to have anything to do with the PDP campaign
1. Donald Duke left? OMG!!!

2. Even at that the crew of FFK and those other "attack dogs" are a no no.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... by Burger01(m): 4:13am On May 01, 2015
Op, Jonathan and PDP know all these. They are just blinded with hatred, confusion and cluelessness. We voted them in they were happy, now we voted them out because of poor performance they are shouting fouls. To me, they all jokers and sore losers...the saTANists especially.smiley

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... by Ilekeh(f): 4:15am On May 01, 2015
Well they can all go and drink poison. grin

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... by Burger01(m): 4:27am On May 01, 2015
Ilekeh:
... or jump inside the lagoon. If we asked them to hug transformers they might not get positive results because transformers no get powercheesy

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... by Nobody: 4:33am On May 01, 2015
socialmediaman:

I have watched a football game where a team lost and they were blaming their loss on the referee reducing their number of players with red cards.. To them, it didn't matter whether they committed the fouls or not.

In 2011, Jonathan won the presidential election, Buhari complained that he was shortchanged, but the election was widely acclaimed "free and fair".. What suddenly changed?

In 2011, we witnessed "underage" voters across the north, even in states where Buhari lost election, why did it suddenly become a problem when the government could've dealt with the issue all these years? How are we even sure these underage voters are not the ones who accounted for the votes Jonathan got in the north? Or was APC tagged on their foreheads?

The simple fact here is that President Jonathan, going by his recent submission, and the PDP in general, including most of their supporters, have not understood that it was Nigerians, not the opposition, that voted him out. Jonathan became so unpopular, if he wasn't, he couldn't have had a very poor performance even in PDP controlled states.

We heard about how youths in Bauchi slept over at the INEC office despite curfew, just to ensure their votes counted. We heard about how the outgoing senate president was given a very good chase that almost cost him the senate re-election, the signs are just there, but the PDP has refused to see or listen. The same people who deceived the president over the years have refused to let him see clearly and understand where he went wrong with Nigerians. They continue to blame opposition, and they think all critics are partisan.

I wish for the PDP to stop deceiving itself about its TRUE level of popularity among Nigerians. It is not possible to "rig-out" a president who enjoys popularity among his country people, that will only happen by the wish of the people, because as it seems, most Nigerians are happy that he lost the election. The onus now rests on the PDP to reorganize itself and present a newer and refined face to Nigerians. The PDP ship as it stands is sinking, I hope they realize this quick enough, deal with the reality and do the needful because we need a robust opposition no matter what.

- SocialMediaMan
with this bolded,i cant say how am very pleased with you...If I have money i can dash you

Barcanista i need counter thread

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... by Burger01(m): 4:35am On May 01, 2015
socialmediaman:

If they will come back to power they'll have to prove to Nigerians that's it's no longer business as usual, possibly starting at the governorship level. They just have to support their governors to work and prove pessimists wrong, rather than milk them to fund selfish political interests
Bruhs, I don't see PDP coming back to power..not in the next 20 years.smiley

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... by PureWays(m): 4:35am On May 01, 2015
Mynd44:
Maybe they think FFK will neutralize the hatred from the Yoruba folks because FFK is Yoruba.
FFK is a corrupt man, he prolly pocketted the money meant for distribution and his lies and propanganda didn't help matters.
PDP strategies are flawed and cheap, their defeat was a result of their bad strategies.. They spent valuable time attacking the opposition party instead of campaigning..

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... by Nobody: 4:35am On May 01, 2015
Arsène Wenger conceed defeat and tip Chelsea for Epl title, I think he deserve Nobel peace prize,since TANoids believe Gej deserve Nobel peace price for conceeding defeat

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... by Burger01(m): 4:48am On May 01, 2015
omonnakoda:
PDP did not lose because of a bad campaign. Ultimately the PDP lost because the SW changed their minds and voted differently than they did in 2011. Clearly to some extent that was due to the merger of the AC and APC but it was clear the North was aggrieved and for this reason it was even more important to capture the SW so as to hold the entire south and ensure greater voter turnout in Lagos. GEJ succeeded in alienating the SW through a multitude of actions and inactions including allowing Eboes to act out their rivalry agenda with the Yoruba through his government. Eboes are perfectly entitled to do so but Eboe interest and Jonathan's interest turned out to be divergent. That is what cost him at the end of the day,the fact that the Yoruba did not feel included in his government cost him dearly and that should be a lesson for any future Southern President . When push comes to shove the north will unite but will the south? Southern presidents should not take fellow southerners for granted that is the lesson
Well said bruh.smiley

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... by modath(f): 5:24am On May 01, 2015
Burger01:

Bruhs, I don't see PDP coming back to power..not in the next 20 years.smiley

I don't see them sticking together beyond the next 12-24mths before the 13 govs they have now scream for help when the combined dead weight of the political jobbers (in their own respective states and other states where they lost elections) almost crushes them.

As jonathan accurately surmised in his reference to pdp defectors returning with "empty stomach", the era of "shia the moni" is a thing of the past and when unbridled access to federal resources is no more, there is no other way but down for pdp.

How will someone like ihedioha; who lost his cushy nass position, a major chunk of his asset to his failed gubernatorial bid, is from an apc controlled state and doesn't have access to the central govt to run to to recoup his loss,, cope in the opposition?

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... by HzRF(m): 6:20am On May 01, 2015
killerman47:

Story that touches pls let buahri fail and see weda PDP is not a viable alternative
Re: President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... by Nitefury: 6:37am On May 01, 2015
kropotkin2:

Mynd44:
1. Donald Duke left? OMG!!! .

Duke is still very much a PDP man.. He was part of Jonathan's campaign in Cross River..

Though he fell out with the governor during the gov. primaries as he and majority leader (Ndoma Egba) supported a different candidate.

But he's still a PDP member.. In a recent interview he granted channels, he said something about arrogance and pride being the reason PDP lost the election
Re: President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... by Mynd44: 6:39am On May 01, 2015
Nitefury:

Duke is still very much a PDP man.. He was part of Jonathan's campaign in Cross River..

Though he fell out with the governor during the gov. primaries as he and majority leader (Ndoma Egba) supported a different candidate.

But he's still a PDP member.. In a recent interview he granted channels, he said something about arrogance and pride being the reason PDP lost the election
I was worried cos I saw him recently on TV. Oh well...
Re: President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... by hassan85(m): 6:42am On May 01, 2015
I wish Donald Duke will come to APC or beta stil accept a ministarial post. Aribisala, FFK, RUBEN ABATI, OLISAH METUH, BASTAD OKUPE,muazu, pej, all dont understand digital politics. Lai Mohammad is offering a free course nw, de not taking it later orububebe wil say Jega this AIT and Channels that. Thiefs
Re: President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... by jaytee01(m): 6:42am On May 01, 2015
modath:

I don't see them sticking together beyond the next 12-24mths before the 13 govs they have now scream for help when the combined dead weight of the political jobbers (in their own respective states and other states where they lost elections) almost crushes them.

As jonathan accurately surmised in his reference to pdp defectors returning with "empty stomach", the era of "shia the moni" is a thing of the past and when unbridled access to federal resources is no more, there is no other way but down for pdp.

How will someone like ihedioha; who lost his cushy nass position, a major chunk of his asset to his failed gubernatorial bid, is from an apc controlled state and doesn't have access to the central govt to run to to recoup his loss,, cope in the opposition?
Very true
Re: President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... by efilefun(m): 6:43am On May 01, 2015
PDP is dead for good and the only thing that could help them is a merger with APGA which I don't see happening cuz APGA also wants to stand as the main opposition. Well I saw the failure long time ago before the elections. Since the hatred campaign started from their camp they never knew they were making GMB much more popular and also get more sympathy from the masses. Thank God we moving from the era of a government that only show us corrupt politicians on TV and never sue them to court or jail anyone. We all complained OBJ used Efcc to hunt his enemies but atleast they were working and pulling down some corrupt ones unlike the GEJ era were EFCC was weaker than the civil defense.
Re: President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... by BabaEleko(m): 7:22am On May 01, 2015
All PDPians need psychiatric evaluation. The way they reason makes me pause for minutes as i try to wrap my head around their reasoning.
Re: President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... by Freelancer00(m): 7:49am On May 01, 2015
Ilekeh:
Bros, this your subliminal dey sweet me
Re: President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... by socialmediaman: 8:09am On May 01, 2015
HzRF:

Story that touches pls let buahri fail and see weda PDP is not a viable alternative

It doesn't work that way o. Imo is an example. He had made a lot of enemies over the years and he slowed down on his works and started becoming unpopular, but the fear of PDP coming back to "share the money" again made them vote him back.
Re: President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... by omenka(m): 8:13am On May 01, 2015
socialmediaman:

- SocialMediaMan
Bro, sorry I had to quote the entire post. Just wanna have it archived.

Lovely write-up. Your brain dey dia.
Re: President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... by ernieboy(m): 8:18am On May 01, 2015
I think a lot of people don't realize that executing people oriented policies has never been part of pdp programs at all levels. As a result they can't just comprehend that they are unpopular among the people. So if you expect pdp to now become a reformed party with people oriented programs you will be disappointed.
Secondly pdp has historically always won through rigging, so their surprise now is that their rigging machinery even though it was well oiled and funded did not deliver the desired result.
Thirdly pdp would have been swept into oblivion if not for apga who sold their birth right and a golden opportunity to advance their party. I can assure now that they would do everything within their power to keep the entire se and push apga into oblivion.
Re: President Jonathan And The PDP Still Don't Get It... by socialmediaman: 8:19am On May 01, 2015
omenka:
Bro, sorry I had to quote the entire post. Just wanna have it archived.

Lovely write-up. Your brain dey dia.

Thanks bro! Cheers...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arms Deal: Dasuki Produces Evidence Against Buhari In Court / Aisha Buhari Flew Her Makeup Artist To New York, Nigerians Reacts / Niger Delta We Are Ready For War - Militants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.