Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,522 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Arms Deal: Dasuki Produces Evidence Against Buhari In Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arms Deal: Dasuki Produces Evidence Against Buhari In Court (2301 Views)

BIAFRA Vs Buratai: International Rights Group Release Evidence Against Army. / $2billion Arms Deal; "Dasuki Has Refused To Say What He Did With The Money" / ‎ ''El-Rufai Produced The Evidence Against Saraki'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arms Deal: Dasuki Produces Evidence Against Buhari In Court by optionB: 4:02pm On Feb 27, 2016
The former National Security Adviser, NSA, Sambo Dasuki, has on Friday, February 26, accused President Muhammadu Buhari, of planning to incarcerate him despite being granted bail by courts of competent jurisdiction.

Dasuki, through his lawyer Joseph Daudu, exhibited and displayed several newspaper cuttings, containing comments credited to Buhari vowing not to allow Dasuki enjoy his freedom, even if granted bail by any court.

Daudu, who led a retinue of lawyers on behalf of his client, urged Justice Peter Affen, of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, High Court, to enforce his order which granted bail to Dasuki, adding that justice is for all parties in any court action.

Dasuki has been accused of diverting N2.1 billion arms deal funds meant for prosecuting the war against the Boko Haram insurgents.

The Former NSA has been held incommunicado since his arrest last year, despite been granted bail by various court of competent jurisdiction.

Dasuki, disclosed that Buhari orchestrated his detention unjustly against various bail granted to him by three different courts.

In an affidavit filed in support of his application at the court, Dasuki said the president betrayed his emotions during his maiden media chat when he openly told Nigerians that he (Dasuki) and Nnamdi Kanu, the pro-Biafra leader, could not be released on bail, because they would jump bail.

He therefore, asked Justice Affen to prohibit his further trial until the federal government purged itself of the contempt of court which prevented him from filing effective defence, because of his continued detention by the State Security Service, SSS, without having access to his lawyers.

Dasuki’s lawyer, stated that the claim that the former NSA was being held by the SSS and not the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, could not hold water, because the federal government was the complainant in the charge against Dasuki and that both the SSS and EFCC are agents of the Federal Government.

Reacting to the application, the lawyer to the Federal Government, Rotimi Jacob, told Justice Affen that the charge against Dasuki was at the instance of the EFCC and not the SSS.

He denied that the federal government disobeyed the court, on the grounds that on December 29, 2015 when the bail conditions were perfected, Dasuki was released by the prison authorities at Kuje, but was however re-arrested by another government agency.

Jacob asked the court not to grant Dasuki’s application, because the SSS that re-arrested him was not a party to the charges before Justice Affen who granted him the bail.

On the newspaper publications, Jacob said they were not tenable before the court, because they were not certified as required by law.

After listening to the parties, Justice Affen fixed March 4, 2016 to give a ruling on the application.

1 Like

Re: Arms Deal: Dasuki Produces Evidence Against Buhari In Court by fran6co(m): 4:10pm On Feb 27, 2016
Re: Arms Deal: Dasuki Produces Evidence Against Buhari In Court by chido20(m): 4:17pm On Feb 27, 2016
even wen court gives order the govt doesn't obey.buhari is still a dictator come tomorrow

6 Likes

Re: Arms Deal: Dasuki Produces Evidence Against Buhari In Court by chukxie(m): 4:30pm On Feb 27, 2016
It's a shame this bare-faced thief is still talking. He should be thanking God Nigeria isn't like China where corrupt public office holders are arrested; their loot recovered; properties confiscated; shot in the head and their vital organs harvested. This crook deserves to be shot dead for all the blood money he pilfered.

3 Likes

Re: Arms Deal: Dasuki Produces Evidence Against Buhari In Court by SouthernBreeze(m): 4:33pm On Feb 27, 2016
grin
Re: Arms Deal: Dasuki Produces Evidence Against Buhari In Court by DaBullIT(m): 4:42pm On Feb 27, 2016
Wrong heading

I even thought the evidence he was going to produce was that of corruption and bribery , I rushed in to catch a glimpse

But

Mtchewww

1 Like

Re: Arms Deal: Dasuki Produces Evidence Against Buhari In Court by tempem: 4:51pm On Feb 27, 2016
DaBullIT:
Wrong heading

I even thought the evidence he was going to produce was that of corruption and bribery , I rushed in to catch a glimpse

But

Mtchewww
me too. Mehn!!
And this silly man get mouth again.

1 Like

Re: Arms Deal: Dasuki Produces Evidence Against Buhari In Court by lecturerdabo(m): 4:55pm On Feb 27, 2016
cry cry
Re: Arms Deal: Dasuki Produces Evidence Against Buhari In Court by lecturerdabo(m): 4:56pm On Feb 27, 2016
I foresee my "learned president" compromising this case against the heartless Dasuki with this singular act of wisdom!!

God help us!!!
Re: Arms Deal: Dasuki Produces Evidence Against Buhari In Court by Mjshexy(f): 5:54pm On Feb 27, 2016
This goat that kept eating yam like a glutton still has mouth to talk, he should have been locked up in kirikiri & d keys thrown into the river by now, rubbish...
Re: Arms Deal: Dasuki Produces Evidence Against Buhari In Court by NigeriaPresident: 6:20pm On Feb 27, 2016
I don't blame this man.. If Nigerians have killed one of his family or Nigerians have burnt down his house and properties, he would have known that Criminals like him is not needed in our society..

Why wouldn't he speak when he knew that some useless group will support him with all his bad deeds. I have given up on Nigeria.

I will never vote nor Talk about politics again
Re: Arms Deal: Dasuki Produces Evidence Against Buhari In Court by johnmartus(m): 6:49pm On Feb 27, 2016
if buhari incarcerate you alone without hag you you should be thank your creator because nigerians do not want you to come out.
Re: Arms Deal: Dasuki Produces Evidence Against Buhari In Court by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 27, 2016
Hmm
Re: Arms Deal: Dasuki Produces Evidence Against Buhari In Court by deji68: 7:27pm On Feb 27, 2016
But only After court Trials and convictions. ...
chukxie:
It's a shame this bare-faced thief is still talking. He should be thanking God Nigeria isn't like China where corrupt public office holders are arrested; their loot recovered; properties confiscated; shot in the head and their vital organs harvested. This crook deserves to be shot dead for all the blood money he pilfered.

(1) (Reply)

Re Alignment Who Among This Candidate Will You Support In 2019 / See Reply EFCC Gives To A Man Who Said He Saw 10 millions On His Way To School / Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.