Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,892 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) (66799 Views)

Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / Before You Marry That Igbo Girl,know These Facts / Cross Cultural Marriage:interesting Tweets From White Lady Married To A Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by cyprus000: 7:57am On May 01, 2015
6ty6ix:
guys pray against this
[size=15pt]now the baashing dun shift to igbo galz?

Or you are just hating on igbo in general?..cos I see no reason of opening this thread.

This is their fucckin tradition for christ sake,nobody is forcing you to marry from there.
We have over 150 language and 360 ethnic groups for you to choose your wife.

So please choose any among the many tribe,to make ur wife.

By the way,this doesn't happen in all the region in the east.
only IMO state and it has changed,since the inception of rochase to power.

His son in-law paid him N10,000 for dowry,the rest expenses depends on how you want your marriage to be
[/size]

8 Likes

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by chimerase2: 8:03am On May 01, 2015
Culture and customs demands it kiss
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Nobody: 8:15am On May 01, 2015
Vikkie14:
And the family will still tell the man to take CARE of their daughter. With what?? After collecting what the man suppose take care of their daughter?
o boi e tire me o
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Nobody: 8:23am On May 01, 2015
gbosaa:

Una wan open shoprite on his head. grin grin grin..
i don laff piss for bead

1 Like

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Mcbussy(m): 8:23am On May 01, 2015
Sommyangel:
I don't see anything wrong.. Them force you to marry their daughter ni.. That's how one guy that wanted to marry my cousin ran away after seeing the list

Keep thinking there's nothing wrong... I pray the man u love doesn't run away too when he sees ur own list. grin

Naija better change, if not, girls would start paying guys to marry. grin
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Nobody: 9:03am On May 01, 2015
I was expecting something MONUMENTAL...

IF u are a HARDWORKING guy and U crave to Marry BEAUTY and BRAIN, then this is not MUCH.

JUST with #200,000, U can purchase all these and even more. IF u critically calculate these stuffs here they will never exceed #70,000..., so why cry..?
LADIES, if your MAN can't solely Orchestrate the PAYMENT of your TRADITIONAL Rites, especially when it is just like this one here, then U should have yourself BLAMED.

There are TRIBES who see their LADIES as "" point and kill "".

PLEASE, we don't allow such.
By the way it is not COMPULSORY that U marry an IGBO LADY..

LADIES are UBIQUITOUS.

5 Likes

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Macmilla(m): 9:42am On May 01, 2015
cyprus000:

Or you are just hating on igbo in general?..cos I see no reason of opening this thread.

This is their fucckin tradition for christ sake,nobody is forcing you to marry from there.

His son in-law paid him N10,000 for dowry,the rest expenses depends on how you want your marriage to be
[/size]

Guy you just read my mind.
Help me tell them that the federal ministry of health warns that haters are liable to die young.

6 Likes

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by hardbody: 9:46am On May 01, 2015
wwwbabe:
This is d reason for late marriages

igbo guys will b like

make go hammer first

and girls will b like

bt age is not on my side na

Funny. You must have been rolling with wretched guys. Like someone said, everything there is less than 200k. For your information a club night out with guys, you can actually spend more than 200k. So why would regular cash expense be a reason for late marriages? Compare the price of 20 tubers of yam to iphone 6 to be bought for the girl, her sister and her mother.

5 Likes

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by ivyT(f): 9:54am On May 01, 2015
Most igbo men take care of their women lyk crazy,

7 Likes

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Nobody: 10:32am On May 01, 2015
Mcbussy:

Keep thinking there's nothing wrong... I pray the man u love doesn't run away too when he sees ur own list. grin

tell her
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Nobody: 11:03am On May 01, 2015
iamrealdeji:
ok,no more fear of marrying an Igbo girl,trust me,some of these greedy families are painting good Igbo people black,combined with the believe that Igbo's are business oriented and love money,that's what people sum up to say so,and that's why yoruba men are running away from marrying them,if you tell your yoruba parents you want to marry an Igbo girl,they'd tell you you can't carry the burden and you should back out

That's tradition not a family business

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Macmilla(m): 11:19am On May 01, 2015
Mcbussy:

Brother, with all due respect, any man dt wants to run away will always find reasons to and any man that wants to treat a woman like shit will also find reasons. I've seen men who spent little to nothing to get their wives and they will always tell you "this one na wife?". Very few men will value what they got on a platter of gold. Prove me wrong.
Let me explain some things you don't know

The idea behind those items you see is to make the man know the worth of what he is taking home. If you want it, work for it.

Secondly, 80% or more of what you see there is not going to the lady's parents, it's going to different ppl in d community. You might ask me why the community. We believe that one person does not raise a child. The whole community does. So the child belongs to the community, not just the parents. So if you maltreat the lady tomorrow, you are not just incurring the wrath of the parents, but the whole community.

Also, unless you have the money, you must not provide all those in a day. You can take ur time. And a lot can be cut down if you can't cope.

Like someone pointed out, it's different parts of igbo land. Some parents even return the bride price just to pass the message that we ain't selling our daughter.

Now, before you start saying that it's still too much, try to see where a lady is being sent off to her husband's house, what we call "idu uno", and you will realise that the money you think you spent doesn't just begin to cut it.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by tayebest(m): 11:52am On May 01, 2015
Sommyangel:
I don't see anything wrong.. Them force you to marry their daughter ni.. That's how one guy that wanted to marry my cousin ran away after seeing the list
yeye! Endless list as if the girl Is for sale,, grin
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by CHM11: 11:59am On May 01, 2015
iamrealdeji:
This is not much,most igbo parents request for more,you need to spend millions as bride price and buy car for the bride's father in some cases. Igbos are certified scammers,some are good though
I swear the father inlaw that will demand a car from me before marrying his daughter ehn...I will tell him to his face in the presence of his wife and even his so called daughter that he is stuupid and he should Bleep off then I take my bloody leave...what rubbish...

One will be spending millions to marry problems.

3 Likes

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 01, 2015
tayebest:
yeye! Endless list as if the girl Is for sale,, grin

Yes nah you must pay before you can have her... That's tradition anyway buh only broke niggas complain though...

2 Likes

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 01, 2015
CHM11:

I swear the father inlaw that will demand a car from me before marrying his daughter ehn...I will tell him to his face in the presence of his wife and even his so called daughter that he is stuupid and he should Bleep off then I take my bloody leave...what rubbish...

One will be spending millions to marry problems.

Heeyahh. Come and collect cheque of 1million buh under one condition she will answer to me too grin

2 Likes

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by okotv(m): 12:30pm On May 01, 2015
if the Lady isn't a virgin...why pay hefty sums
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 01, 2015
mods dem d topic no go hit fp?
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by tayebest(m): 12:38pm On May 01, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

Yes nah you must pay before you can have her... That's tradition anyway buh only broke niggas complain though...

shaaarrap joor... That's why unwanted pregnancy too much for you people!
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 01, 2015
okotv:
if the Lady isn't a virgin...why pay hefty sums

98% of these girl's virgina has been tasted by half of d area boiz and d family would want u to kill yur self jst to marry their daughter
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by okotv(m): 12:45pm On May 01, 2015
6ty6ix:

98% of these girl's virgina has been tasted by half of d area boiz and d family would want u to kill yur self jst to marry their daughter
although, I don't see it as a bid deal to marry a non-virgin but to pay such amount for someone who has been tasted by someone else, count me out.

1 Like

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 01, 2015
cyprus000:

[/size]

d tradition get as e be joooor, imagine after spending all yur lyf savings to marry, two of her younger brothers will still come to yur house for u to train and open electronic shop for dem

1 Like

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by sukkot: 1:06pm On May 01, 2015
thats legal prostitution. new yam eating muthafukaz grin

1 Like

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by condralbede(m): 1:06pm On May 01, 2015
Amen....But when d money is thr n d girl in question is a marriage material cool that won't be a problem! unless otherwisetongue

1 Like

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by wiringdpt(m): 1:08pm On May 01, 2015
I don't care I'm marrying my Ibo lady this year. Owerri here I come

10 Likes

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by omenka(m): 1:08pm On May 01, 2015
You just gotta love tradition. smiley

Wish there was nothing like "white wedding". Wonder why we have to copy their "white" crap when they don't copy our trads.

Sai Ndigbo. smiley

6 Likes

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by habeebcole: 1:09pm On May 01, 2015
aye oooooooooooo.......eyin nikan tan

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Lobolintin(m): 1:09pm On May 01, 2015
Hmmmm
My sis has MSC and the hubbh paid 1m for her dowry
My uncle married in Mbaise she's a PhD holder in view and he spent hell,even me pity am
So in our land we don't encourage laziness never never never,,,
I ji kwa ego

3 Likes

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Wuuworld(m): 1:10pm On May 01, 2015
We don't encourage poor NIGGAS to marry our daughters and sisters........marry an igbo girl is strictly for big guys,that is why we the IGBOS make enough money before marriage things

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand / Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? / The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.