Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) (66804 Views)

Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / Before You Marry That Igbo Girl,know These Facts / Cross Cultural Marriage:interesting Tweets From White Lady Married To A Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 01, 2015
kayciano:
IF a Man can spend #1.8M to get an AVALON TOYOTA, then why shouldn't I spend ENOUGH CASH to get BEAUTY and BRAIN who will be a MOTHER to my KIDS.

IN FACT, Every GOOD LADY is PRICELESS..

I don't mind SELLING my LAND to get the BEST LADY in my locality.
IF I can comfortably buy a phone of #80K for a lady.. THEN why should I complain about her bride price.?
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by silent10(m): 8:04pm On May 01, 2015
Mbediogu:

Igbo gals are not for every comer. Good things dont come easy.
Did u say gud things? Mayb u re talkin abt d little(kid) igbo grls, most igbo grls 4rm 16 upward re hustlers(prost.) some even liv with their family, bt stil do prost. & Stil com bk home. Guess d parents re d ones encouraging 'em. Bt wait o, d igbos hv a popular sayin "moni na moni" regardless of where it comes 4rm. Chai there is God o
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by manny4life(m): 8:06pm On May 01, 2015
allcomage:

You may not be fully be abreast with what is obtainable in nnewi ,I tell you nnewi has one of the least marriage rites in Igbo land.

Aha...A 2nd person has confirmed what I have been saying: dude doesn't know his own tradition.

Thank you
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Cashio(m): 8:07pm On May 01, 2015
iamrealdeji:
This is not much,most igbo parents request for more,you need to spend millions as bride price and buy car for the bride's father in some cases. Igbos are certified scammers,some are good though
guy don't just sit in your room and post what u know nothing about..there is no where in igboland where cars are part of or demanded from intended husbands even if you are marrying a princess.

the list thing is an old tradition and varies from village and is equally unaltered nomatter the man's financial status. so don't think each family cooks up their own list according to the wealth of their inlaw.

back to the topic. there is one sure way of boycotting those expences.....get her pregnant and openly accept it shikenan!!!

2 Likes

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by manny4life(m): 8:10pm On May 01, 2015
EMMAACHILE:
Igbo man in Lagos orders wife to refund N1.4 million he spent on marrying her – A middle-aged-man identified as Collins Nduka, on Thursday, April 30, 2015 pleaded with an Ojo Customary Court in Lagos State to order his wife, Sefinat Nduka, to refund N1.4 million he spent in marrying her.
http://theinfong.com/2015/05/drama-as-igbo-man-in-lagos-orders-wife-to-refund-n1-4-million-he-spent-on-marrying-her-this-story-will-leave-you-in-stitches/

In your BLIND hate against Igbos, please tell me his wife's name? SEFINAT?

Does that look Igbo to you?

Igbo NL, does SEFINAT sound like an Igbo name, at least in your place?

5 Likes

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by silent10(m): 8:15pm On May 01, 2015
guonno:
Too many kids on nairaland. Put on an antimyopia glass b4 reading. Don't talk about what u don't know, Especially when it involves people's culture. In igboland, laziness is a taboo. there r unmarried ladies in all tribe, ijaws, yoruba, etc. several times, I have heard on news that the government are arranging mass marriages for men and women that are single especially in the north, only God knows if the reason is to keep multiplying their population so dat they will alway rule and have control of the whole oil in another man's land. The igbos are very prudent and hard working men. Imagine combining prudence and hardwork, no wonder peter obi was seen as the most prudent governor and Anambra state one of the state that is not indepted. mind u its not a must a man does everything his in-laws' community marital constitution asks for, the point is they just want u to know how much they cherish their daughter. when my inlaw paid in my sisters bride price, he was refunded some money(almost all) some other inlaw in my family did not see any refund, so u see its not a constant. If u yorubas really care about the igbo man's wellfare then ur argument should be on if igbo girls would make a good house wife, ur concerns should not be on if we can pay bc an average igbo man is a Husstler and hardworking man. I was suprised to see a very beautiful woman on my building site who brought lunch for her mason husband. I could not hold my self but made some statements later and one Yoruba woman on site who is also a mason confesed that for true the igbos take good care of their wife's and children, this single reason is what forces igbomen to stay a little more than their counterpart from other tribes b4 getting married bc littering children all over the place is a sin, I have seen other tribes marry more than one wife, or give birth to dozens inside one small room that they don't even intend leaving, igbos don't think like that.. Have u yorubas thought of "idu uno"? The mother of the bride accompanies her daughter with almost every material thing she would need to start her own home..... What a lovely culture. "Idu uno" counters what ever the op thinks he has bought in that picture above.
Yeah, they re nt lazy, bt if u ask me, arm robbery, kidnapping, drugs re 4 lazy pple which i find mostly igbo guys in dat field. #igbos, dey can do anything bcox of money.
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 01, 2015
benuejosh:
Hmm. Igbo people and culture/tradition.

Your people don't have culture and tradition? Which rock did you crawl out from?

1 Like

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by benuejosh: 9:32pm On May 01, 2015
PaulCI:

Your people don't have culture and tradition? Which rock did you crawl out from?
shey you want me to notice you. I have noticed you. So mind your business
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Wuuworld(m): 10:08pm On May 01, 2015
Thinkr:
money money money, not minding where the money came from. That's greed. So when they say you people do crimes most in Nigeria don't complain cos money must be made anyway which way.
....itz like u share the same apartment With Mr poverty.......get out and hustle wella bro

1 Like

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Wuuworld(m): 10:13pm On May 01, 2015
sukkot:
yes just make sure they do not catch you in indonesia because we will not pity you at all this time around. tongue
The firewood of this world is for only those who can take heart,and that is why not ALL can gather it.......I rather die in indonesia and let the whole world heard of my death than to die in my hut unnotice out of poverty ......the ends justify the means.........whether u die in indonesia or Chad it doesn't matter,death is inevitable and definitely something must kill a man.......

1 Like

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by iamrealdeji(m): 10:13pm On May 01, 2015
Cashio:
guy don't just sit in your room and post what u know nothing about..there is no where in igboland where cars are part of or demanded from intended husbands even if you are marrying a princess.

the list thing is an old tradition and varies from village and is equally unaltered nomatter the man's financial status. so don't think each family cooks up their own list according to the wealth of their inlaw.

back to the topic. there is one sure way of boycotting those expences.....get her pregnant and openly accept it shikenan!!!

wow,ok,i see
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by iamrealdeji(m): 10:17pm On May 01, 2015
shaboti:
paint which ppl black? It is tradition! If ur broke yoruba ass cant provide those things then dont go for them
I would have thought your ass a lesson,If not for the fact that I don't want nairaland to ban me,who told you he's ready to marry and maybe the girls in your family are for sale but not like that in other igbo families,my Igbo brothers and sisters have explained the procedure to me better,so I don't need your insult to understand what your family is like

1 Like

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by sukkot: 10:17pm On May 01, 2015
Wuuworld:
The firewood of this world is for only those who can take heart,and that is why not ALL can gather it.......I rather die in indonesia and let the whole world heard of my death than to die in my hut unnotice out of poverty ......the ends justify the means.........whether u die in indonesia or Chad it doesn't matter,death is inevitable and definitely something must kill a man.......
yeah you are definitely a sick man lol
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by iamrealdeji(m): 10:21pm On May 01, 2015
kayciano:
IF a Man can spend #1.8M to get an AVALON TOYOTA, then why shouldn't I spend ENOUGH CASH to get BEAUTY and BRAIN who will be a MOTHER to my KIDS.

IN FACT, Every GOOD LADY is PRICELESS..

I don't mind SELLING my LAND to get the BEST LADY in my locality.
IF I can comfortably buy a phone of #80K for a lady.. THEN why should I complain about her bride price.?
this guy is an Automatic mugu,girls,watch out for this big fish,you go chop tire from this guy,just don't forget my share o
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 01, 2015
tayebest:
shaaarrap joor... That's why unwanted pregnancy too much for you people!

Stop talking Like an uneducated person and talk responsibly.

Provide evidence with facts and figures. Else go and think about your life than putting your flaws at display.

1 Like

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 01, 2015
I go two wedding last week I get another one this week tongue
You arent seen nothing yet When we talk about maturity. ..no be for mouth...you must show it.

1 Like

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by phintohlar(f): 11:56pm On May 01, 2015
wwwbabe:
This is d reason for late marriages

igbo guys will b like

make go hammer first

and girls will b like

bt age is not on my side na
yeah I agree with u cos I have one igbo girl as frnd who's always crying dat she hates igbo guys base on d fact dat if they never get money wella & buld house 4 village dey no dey wan marry & her mama say make she no bring any other tribe come ous aside igbo & age is not on her side anymore.. Hian na wa ooh
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by shaboti: 1:40am On May 02, 2015
iamrealdeji:
I would have thought your ass a lesson,If not for the fact that I don't want nairaland to ban me,who told you he's ready to marry and maybe the girls in your family are for sale but not like that in other igbo families,my Igbo brothers and sisters have explained the procedure to me better,so I don't need your insult to understand what your family is like
shut yo mouth
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Nobody: 3:07am On May 02, 2015
Chukwugekwu:
Because you can't afford the money

Igbos are not complaining then why are you complaining. ......go joor

I dnt need to b an Igbo to comment the sh*t....If ur an igbo, thats ur problem! Now take ur ass out & stop quoting me.
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Nobody: 3:08am On May 02, 2015
Mbediogu:

Igbo gals are not for every comer. Good things dont come easy. A gram of pure gold costs more than tons of earthen ware. Gold is for those who know the value and are willing too pay for it, and thank God there are alternatives for every kind of suitor.

So r u saying tat igbo girls r worth every dime than the rest of the tribe shocked

1 Like

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Nobody: 3:13am On May 02, 2015
As I said I dnt need to b an igbo to comment...
Wedding shud b solemn between the bride & d groom and their close family....but definitely not to feed the whole neighborhood...duh!

ChynoBEATS:
grin so funny............n youre not an igbo girl not 2 talk of being a nigerian....n you're complaining

My elder-sisters husband bought more than this sef..........

N uhm

their white-wedding is 2mrrw cheesy ....

1 Like

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Caseless: 4:19am On May 02, 2015
Hmmm...
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Thinkr(m): 7:28am On May 02, 2015
Wuuworld:
....itz like u share the same apartment With Mr poverty.......get out and hustle wella bro
lol Ok.
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by otiigba1(m): 7:58am On May 02, 2015
Sommyangel:
lol.. Good luck
LOL! Does this mean you will marry me then? tongue
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by otiigba1(m): 8:20am On May 02, 2015
phintohlar:
yeah I agree with u cos I have one igbo girl as frnd who's always crying dat she hates igbo guys base on d fact dat if they never get money wella & buld house 4 village dey no dey wan marry & her mama say make she no bring any other tribe come ous aside igbo & age is not on her side anymore.. Hian na wa ooh
yea? We already know, so your mama say you must marry an ibo guy, grin see wahala o!

1 Like

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by otiigba1(m): 8:24am On May 02, 2015
grin
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by phintohlar(f): 10:52am On May 02, 2015
otiigba1:
yea? We already know, so your mama say you must marry an ibo guy, grin see wahala o!
u no sabi read ni see ur teeth... I say my frnd,wetin concern me concern igbo guys..
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Mcbussy(m): 1:17pm On May 02, 2015
Macmilla:

Brother, with all due respect, any man dt wants to run away will always find reasons to and any man that wants to treat a woman like shit will also find reasons. I've seen men who spent little to nothing to get their wives and they will always tell you "this one na wife?". Very few men will value what they got on a platter of gold. Prove me wrong.
Let me explain some things you don't know

The idea behind those items you see is to make the man know the worth of what he is taking home. If you want it, work for it.

Secondly, 80% or more of what you see there is not going to the lady's parents, it's going to different ppl in d community. You might ask me why the community. We believe that one person does not raise a child. The whole community does. So the child belongs to the community, not just the parents. So if you maltreat the lady tomorrow, you are not just incurring the wrath of the parents, but the whole community.

Also, unless you have the money, you must not provide all those in a day. You can take ur time. And a lot can be cut down if you can't cope.

Like someone pointed out, it's different parts of igbo land. Some parents even return the bride price just to pass the message that we ain't selling our daughter.

Now, before you start saying that it's still too much, try to see where a lady is being sent off to her husband's house, what we call "idu uno", and you will realise that the money you think you spent doesn't just begin to cut it.

I gave u a like cos u kinda have a point, but I'm going to object because there's limitation to ur point.

The amount a civilised man paid to get a woman doesn't increase her value. The factors that makes her worthy are; morality, humility, character, self-worth, intelligence, potentials, beauty and values all put together.

In other words, if u like, collect a trillion Naira as bride price for a sit at home gossiper that doesn't know how to utilise time efficiently, or a girl that sleeps with d highest bidder, she's still gonna be worthless to me.
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by chybeauty30(f): 2:43pm On May 02, 2015
Dat is not true.my sis just did her traditional wedding yesterday n her husband is a yoruba guy but my family only collected 1k from him as d bride price. So not all ibos dat sells their ladies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by somegirl1: 6:44pm On May 02, 2015
Mcbussy:

I gave u a like cos u kinda have a point, but I'm going to object because there's limitation to ur point.

The amount a civilised man paid to get a woman doesn't increase her value. The factors that makes her worthy are; morality, humility, character, self-worth, intelligence, potentials, beauty and values all put together.

In other words, if u like, collect a trillion Naira as bride price for a sit at home gossiper that doesn't know how to utilise time efficiently, or a girl that sleeps with d highest bidder, she's still gonna be worthless to me.

The items are not her price. A slave would cost more.
What you pay is a token and the giving isn't one-sided. In Igbo culture, the parents of the lady have to send her to her new home with gifts, mainly crockery and cooking equipment. Brides are now sent her off with the modern equivalent i.e kitchen white goods, appliances and furniture and much more depending on their parents' financial strength. Brides' parents have given cars, acres of land etc. to the new couple.
Should this practice be scrapped as well.

1 Like

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by arootech: 9:38am On May 03, 2015
So if u don't hv money.....u can't marry any igbo babe ?.... This is absolutetly pathetics....
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by waternogetemeny: 7:10pm On May 05, 2015
XBLadez:

Go and read my past comments, then come back and apologize

Apologise brother, i withdraw my statement on the grounds of mistaken identity. peace! grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand / Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? / The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.