Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Is Is Right For A Christian To Pray Back To Sender Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Is Right For A Christian To Pray Back To Sender Prayer (5471 Views)

Is It Right For A Christian Wife To Say Things Like These During Sex? / Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Is Right For A Christian To Pray Back To Sender Prayer by housemkt(f): 10:53am On Feb 04, 2009
Considering the redemtpion benefits, God desires is that all (Sinners) repents and become christians, when we pray for our enemies, are are saying Father "you know how best to handle this situation" take control, but when we pray against our enemies we are taking revenge.In Rom 12 vs19 - 20 says Vegence belongs to God and not us, if we revenge ourself, Godwill no longer revenge on our behalf,once we participate in the battle God withdraws and allows us to fight our battles, Christ says we should lobe our enemies, bless and be nice to our enemies Matt 5 Vs 43 - 45.

Now, Should a spirit filled christain pray for or against his enemies to perish or repent?? Asumming you found out who killed your parents, would you want them dead or repent and make heaven?

I believe that if a person prays "Back to Sender" prayer, the christain is simply saying let whatever "You send or intend to do me go back to you" as a christian, should we pray as such because "Back to sender" prayer is all about revengeful retaliation prayer, it means we are revenging through prayer Rom. 12 Vs 17 says do not repay evil for evil.

I believe when we, christians pray "Back to Sender" prayer we not obeying God and is displaying unforgiveness.

This is my opinion according to the word of God, what do you think about back to sender prayer, is it right for children of God to pray such an unforgiving prayer?

Pls reply.

Julie
Re: Is Is Right For A Christian To Pray Back To Sender Prayer by jamace(m): 8:32pm On Feb 04, 2009
Psalm 35.
Re: Is Is Right For A Christian To Pray Back To Sender Prayer by Ovamboland(m): 1:59pm On Feb 05, 2009
jamace:

Psalm 35.
   sad sad sad

How can that be the answer to housemkt's questions? 

Why not quote verses showing Joshua or David salying their enemies to prove that Christians are free to do likewise?

Have you forgotten the new birth, new covenant and that Jews are not Christians?
Re: Is Is Right For A Christian To Pray Back To Sender Prayer by brotherly: 12:01am On Feb 07, 2009
Well I think this question is very tricky but we must try to find balance in our dealings with people.

The danger of the back to sender prayer is that without understanding some christians now use it as ground to
present christainity as a combative religion and it engenders the false feeling that every problem is caused by our enemies
even when some of the problems are allowed by God to build maturity in us. In cases like this the message of love
which is the core of christianity is lost. Jesus even enjoined us to love our enemies and pray for them that despitefully use us.

However in cases where some of this enemies have seemingly sold their souls to the devil and by demonic
means strive to subvert ones destiny expecially in africa then the back to sender prayer may not be wrong.
paul made a statment to timothy " Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense
tribulation to them that trouble you" 2TIM 1:6

Paul said " WE wrestle". No be for play o.

Besides the back to sender is only a request to God to help bring to pass, so as the bible says
"If we ask anything according to his will he hears us" If the back to sender prayer is wrong God will only
not grant it. Nothing loss.

We dey learn everyday

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Tunde Bakare Condemns Deeper Life Church’s Doctrine On John's Wedding! / I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books / Apostle Johnson Suleman Calls Out Witches In Lagos Crusade!! (Video:March 2015)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.