Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,273 members, 7,836,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

The Political Inequality In Nigeria - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Political Inequality In Nigeria (28410 Views)

The Political Development Of The Rural Village Of Umuchu To A Great City / Buhari’s Priority Is To Address Poverty, Inequality In Nigeria Osinbajo / WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Political Inequality In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:50am On May 01, 2015
Tolexander:
as the OP, may I seek your opinion on the democratic structure and settings on which the Nation is modeled?

I believe you will agree that the constitution is structured on the US constitution and not Bosnia and Herzegovina?
The USA practice True Federalism and each federating unit control their resources

1 Like

Re: The Political Inequality In Nigeria by Biafrarep(m): 11:51am On May 01, 2015
Thank you Barcanista, this and more are the reasons why Nigeria will not succeed. Sudan, Czechoslovakia etc learnt the hard way. The injustice being meted against the Igbos and also the Niger Delta is mind boggling and oppression/injustice can never be permanent. Nigeria ship is bound to hit an ice berg if nothing is done to steer it away from such state sponsored injustice.

1 Like

Re: The Political Inequality In Nigeria by juman(m): 11:55am On May 01, 2015
North is not one entity but they are doing their politics well. North comprises of many ethnic groups.

North has bigger population.

South is politically backward.

1 Like

Re: The Political Inequality In Nigeria by babestella: 11:55am On May 01, 2015
Nigeria is a fraud. We need to know how. Any we truly are in this. Iberia through a credible census. So far so good, all census aimed at exposing the fraud in the north has always been met with stiff opposition by the northerners. God is watching. This is one of the reasons why they could go to the polls with under aged voters and the world kept mute.

1 Like

Re: The Political Inequality In Nigeria by Mynd44: 12:01pm On May 01, 2015
Afam4eva:

I think the OP's concern is holistic and it even includes this population figure that Kano is larger than Lagos in population. let's stop acting like we don't know that Nigeria has been skewed to favour a part of this country more than others.
In one of my posts here, I mentioned that a sane census needs to be done. But to use the current Census which the OP is indirectly using and claim inequity is not right unless he wants to throw in tribal sentiments(which he has a precedence of doing)

2 Likes

Re: The Political Inequality In Nigeria by atlwireles: 12:14pm On May 01, 2015
Tolexander:
as the OP, may I seek your opinion on the democratic structure and settings on which the Nation is modeled?

I believe you will agree that the constitution is structured on the US constitution and not Bosnia and Herzegovina?

The United states constitution? Maybe you are talking of a different United states.
Re: The Political Inequality In Nigeria by PassingShot(m): 12:18pm On May 01, 2015
Firefire:
Nigeria is a FRAUD!

It is a wise man who said that there is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequal's. - Felix Frankfurter

Your submission negates your position on the matter.

3 Likes

Re: The Political Inequality In Nigeria by alsudaes1(m): 12:22pm On May 01, 2015
barcanista:
Even the talk of population is no justification. In Bosnia, ethnic Bosniaks enjoy 48% of the total population, Croats have just 17%, it didn't stop them from sharing seats evenly.

are seats shared according to ethnicity in Nigeria NO!!!

your comparative analysis should not be with a Country that does so based on ethnic affiliations.

Nigeria is too complex for you to compare us with Kosovo or Bosnia and Herzegovina

3 Likes

Re: The Political Inequality In Nigeria by PassingShot(m): 12:24pm On May 01, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Barcanista is really pained. I don't even know what to type again. Me APC brothers, let's stop resurrecting his old threads. His heart is being broken. As for those saying pdp will field a northerner, my question is why did Buhari lose in 3 consecutive times, earning him the name 'serial loser' with the same north?
Buhari lost in kogi, kwara, taraba, niger, benue plateau, abuja, nasarawa and Adamawa maybe these were southern states then. This election was 80% based on competency and not tribe. You know those that voted based on tribe. Thanks to the south west that didn't consider religion in this election. I couldn't believe Buhari could ever win in the south west looking at how they voted in 2011 and even left their own Bakare for Jonathan. Let's see what Buhari has for us. If he messes up, nobody needs to tell us what to do but there is one thing:
PDP WILL NEVER RULE NIGERIA AGAIN. We will vote KOWA
Modified
Why did you type Kano and Lagos in bold? You are more intelligent than this. So you don't know that they are the most populated states in Nigeria.
Barcanista politics is changing your mentality. I'm serious now

Well written.

Barcanista, would you have come up with a thread like this one if GEJ won the election?

Could GEJ have won in 2011 without winning the northern states he won?

Seriously, you have better capacity than what you have allowed sentiments to do to you.

Lastly, I see that today marks your 2 years on NL, would you want me to do a thread to mark the anniversary? A compilation of your blockbuster threads will be fine.
shocked cool

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Political Inequality In Nigeria by obi4eze(m): 12:26pm On May 01, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Barcanista is really pained. I don't even know what to type again. Me APC brothers, let's stop resurrecting his old threads. His heart is being broken. As for those saying pdp will field a northerner, my question is why did Buhari lose in 3 consecutive times, earning him the name 'serial loser' with the same north?
Buhari lost in kogi, kwara, taraba, niger, benue plateau, abuja, nasarawa and Adamawa maybe these were southern states then. This election was 80% based on competency and not tribe. You know those that voted based on tribe. Thanks to the south west that didn't consider religion in this election. I couldn't believe Buhari could ever win in the south west looking at how they voted in 2011 and even left their own Bakare for Jonathan. Let's see what Buhari has for us. If he messes up, nobody needs to tell us what to do but there is one thing:
Modified
Why did you type Kano and Lagos in bold? You are more intelligent than this. So you don't know that they are the most populated states in Nigeria.
We will stop digging up his old threads when he stops opening useless hypocritical threads. Let him keep his hypocrisy to himself or put it on his blog

2 Likes

Re: The Political Inequality In Nigeria by ibnjarir93(m): 12:28pm On May 01, 2015
eCollynzo:

That is what you northerners say whenever the truth stares you at the face.
There's nothing resembling the truth in Barcanista's argument here.

1 Like

Re: The Political Inequality In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 12:31pm On May 01, 2015
Mynd44:

In one of my posts here, I mentioned that a sane census needs to be done. But to use the current Census which the OP is indirectly using and claim inequity is not right unless he wants to throw in tribal sentiments(which he has a precedence of doing)
I understand. But irrespective of what the census figure reveals, it should never be a determinant of how resources are going to be shared. So, it won't matter to anyone whether Kano has more population than the entire south. People should manage and control the resources in their areas. If they wanna have 100 LGAs they're free to do so as long as they can fund them. We don't want a situation where the census figures are tampered to give some people undue advantage over others.

1 Like

Re: The Political Inequality In Nigeria by iPopAlomo(m): 12:35pm On May 01, 2015
barcanista:
The USA practice True Federalism and each federating unit control their resources

barcanista:
Please I sincerely want to know what happened to the $100 billion that was made in Oil Revenue in 2012 Alone? Considering that the Government had to borrow more and deplete our reserves.

$100 billion = N16.8 trillion

Omenka egift Berem Obiagelli ibnsultan arewafederation

1 Like

Re: The Political Inequality In Nigeria by wisdomguy4u(m): 12:35pm On May 01, 2015
obi4eze:

Guy shut up abeg! Are we complaining to you? At least we had good opportunities and we utilized them but your Ijaw brother had the opportunity and messed it up. He didn't even do anything tangible for you guys.
You have no right to support the Igbos because you are not Igbo and you hate them. You are a BIGOT

It's obvious you have a personal brawl with barnista . Bcus , I see no reasonable point frm all u said. All I see in u is a pained man filled with hatred and out for revenge
Re: The Political Inequality In Nigeria by Mynd44: 12:36pm On May 01, 2015
Afam4eva:

I understand. But irrespective of what the census figure reveals, it should never be a determinant of how resources are going to be shared. So, it won't matter to anyone whether Kano has more population than the entire south. People should manage and control the resources in their areas. If they wanna have 100 LGAs they're free to do so as long as they can fund them. We don't want a situation where the census figures are tampered to give some people undue advantage over others.
In another post here, I said we should have at least 80% resource control. The remaining to the FG and then everyone can mange their resources.
That was when the OP said we should go back to there zones when even within states, there is no unity.
But to say we should have equal number of reps is laughable and just wrong

1 Like

Re: The Political Inequality In Nigeria by iPopAlomo(m): 12:36pm On May 01, 2015
barcanista:
Saying that "North Own Nigeria" does not mean that they actually own the arrangement called Nigeria. Anyway, very soon all these nonsense will stop

barcanista:
Please I sincerely want to know what happened to the $100 billion that was made in Oil Revenue in 2012 Alone? Considering that the Government had to borrow more and deplete our reserves.

Re: The Political Inequality In Nigeria by iPopAlomo(m): 12:37pm On May 01, 2015
barcanista:
Thank you. I had expected Jonathan to make for a framework that will make the final report of the confab to be subjected to UN supervised referendum. Even at the Confab, delegates from non-SS/SE states rejected the 50% derivation demand. They instead insulted our sensibilities by proposing 18% for the mineral producing areas and 5% for "insurgency areas". This the South rejected and no agreement was eventually reached. Subjecting that report to NASS really got me upset

barcanista:

Re: The Political Inequality In Nigeria by obi4eze(m): 12:38pm On May 01, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

It's obvious you have a personal brawl with barnista . Bcus , I see no reasonable point frm all u said. All I see in u is a pained man filled with hatred and out for revenge
gringringrin
This one no Sabi anything. Am I the only one fighting him. Do you know what you are talking about?
Barcanista do I know you in person?

1 Like

Re: The Political Inequality In Nigeria by obi4eze(m): 12:42pm On May 01, 2015
iPopAlomo:

Badt guy
Re: The Political Inequality In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 01, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Modified

Your lie is from the pit of hell. Competency is not to far from sincerity. They are brothers that co-habit hand in hand. If the born to rule meant it well from the onset every single head in this country would not be crying foul today - sincerity would have taken its course then.

Today competency as you say would have been the order of today's electoral but that is if and only if sincerity was the foundation of Nation's democratic process.

What you saw happen against GEJ isn't competence is was machinations carried out as a result of already laid biased, crooked course in the beginning. It was an activation of it for the first time.

Who won't be pained?
If those countries Barcanista talked about went about it the Nigerian way don't you think it will result in pain and unnecessary agitation you are accusing barcanista of?

They had the foresight and avoided it

For this reason we the NDeltans are all pained and we have risen to make our voices count. Unfortunately, voices aren't heard in this part of the world...so what next do you suggest?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Political Inequality In Nigeria by iPopAlomo(m): 12:47pm On May 01, 2015
obi4eze:
Badt guy
Na so... make I teach people how to bomb...

1 Like

Re: The Political Inequality In Nigeria by malahbu(m): 12:48pm On May 01, 2015
Isn't it too early to start crying foul. But come to think of it, your region held sway for six years..during that time your leaders didnt deem it fit to address these imbalance. Rather, they went on a rampage of looting d treasury dry and overseeing the largest lost of lives at peace time in the history of this nation.

1 Like

Re: The Political Inequality In Nigeria by temitemi1(m): 12:51pm On May 01, 2015
barcanista:
Well, our hearts and voices should not be too short to negotiate with God.

cc: Truchpusher Ganjafarmer Whynotthetruth Dearpreye SeverusSnape Anonimi Altwireles Mogidi TemiTemi1 Mizmycoli Phockphockman Eurobomber

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Political Inequality In Nigeria by iPopAlomo(m): 12:51pm On May 01, 2015
barcanista:

Re: The Political Inequality In Nigeria by akigbemaru: 1:13pm On May 01, 2015
political imequality in naija
Re: The Political Inequality In Nigeria by nortcentrallord(m): 1:18pm On May 01, 2015
PapiWata:

Ha ha ha for some reason I am reminded of the old saying : "Your arms are too short to box with God".

The countries that were compared with Nigeria from that analysis, was their political strata defined and handed over to them by God from heaven? This is a serious issue that calls for a rethink by all well meaning Nigerians so why choose to make yourself a sour thumb with your infamy by bringing a misguided notion of 'Gods' equity into this. Don't invite the anger of God on yourself young man.
Am disappointed in you.
Re: The Political Inequality In Nigeria by nortcentrallord(m): 1:19pm On May 01, 2015
PapiWata:

Ha ha ha for some reason I am reminded of the old saying : "Your arms are too short to box with God".

The countries that were compared with Nigeria from that analysis, was their political strata defined and handed over to them by God from heaven? This is a serious issue that calls for a rethink by all well meaning Nigerians so why choose to make yourself a sour thumb with your infamy by bringing a misguided notion of 'Gods' equity all in the name of making fun or cracking a joke. A sane mind should know when to joke and when to be serious. NL is not all about making first comments. Don't invite the anger of God on yourself young man.
Am disappointed in you.
Re: The Political Inequality In Nigeria by nortcentrallord(m): 1:29pm On May 01, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Modified

Did you read the post @ all or you just posted based on pre-conceived thoughts? Let me school you a bit, That article or comparison is about the wrong foundation of the country not about the past election. You don't build on flaky foundation. You can get mad and even insult me but 20 years from now, we will still be fighting the same fight.
Re: The Political Inequality In Nigeria by Ijaya123: 1:39pm On May 01, 2015
I don't really know what purpose this thread will achieve. Just think someone is trying real hard to be in the mainstream of politics after his political miscalculation.

2 Likes

Re: The Political Inequality In Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 1:54pm On May 01, 2015
To whom little is given much is expected,even if the SE andSS are give half of the upper and lowerhouse what will be will be...please you people should work on yourself first ,it is not by how much you are given,it is what you use the little you are given to do.
Re: The Political Inequality In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 01, 2015
harde2lah:

What action did you take afterwards? Did you report to the appropriate authority or you just let is slide?
it was a direct communication from the National commissioners. Those places are sparsely populated that you can't even belive people are living there
Re: The Political Inequality In Nigeria by mandax: 1:59pm On May 01, 2015
Williamso:

The bolded sounds hypocritical. Don't get me wrong though. Because you don't seem to realize that you're not solving any problem, simply morphing it. I am from a minority tribe in the SS - Delta state to be precise, and I'll rather remain in Nigeria fighting for resource control within the current system than advocating for a change in system, or even secession.

@Williamso, To get resource control in Nigeria, you , your future generations shall be fighting but can never get it on one Nigeria.

Any way, you are not likely to come from either the SS OR SE. But if by any chance you are from SS or SE, you need political education.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Just In: NLC To Hold Nationwide Protest Tuesday, 8th Jan. 2019 / Nigerian Army Sacks Soldiers Involved In Kidnapping, Robbery / Photos Of Homeless Woman & Child In Front Of 4 Govt. Agencies In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.