Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,734 members, 7,820,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? (41180 Views)

When Will The 2012 JAMB Results Be Released? / When Will Waec Gce Nov/dec Results Be Realeased? / When Will Her JAMB (UME) Results Be Released? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? by rawlings(m): 1:34am On Sep 10, 2006
Yes someone want to know if they combine Neco and Waec result together for admission? Please help out.
Re: Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? by omofolake(f): 3:22pm On Sep 11, 2006
yes they are combinign neco and waec together . before they dont use to combine it but now they will have been combinig it so noe vexeeeeeed
Re: Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? by Nosu(m): 3:55pm On Sep 11, 2006
some few school still collect 2 sitting but very soon, most school will start collecting 1 sitting because school like UI and Unilag has started that. if u don't get admission this year, pls write another ssce.
Re: Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? by rawlings(m): 10:20pm On Sep 23, 2006
still want to know
Re: Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? by samsonebele(m): 7:07pm On Oct 08, 2006
no. it is not possible. they are 2 separate body.
Re: Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? by Nobody: 1:03am On Oct 09, 2006
I dont think its possible in some schools with high reps. Any aw situp and write another exam is ur paper is not complete
Re: Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? by nelson1(m): 9:15pm On Oct 09, 2006
yes you can combine it
Re: Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:48pm On Nov 23, 2006
hhhmmm i don't think so but am sure they combine WAEC GCE AND WAEC SSCE or NECO GCE AND NECO SSCE.
Re: Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? by adeshsam(m): 4:31pm On Nov 24, 2006
is not possible for to combine WAEC with NECo.

But you can combined WAEC May/June with GCE Nov/Dec, Neco GCE with NECO MAY/JUNE.
Re: Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? by spikedcylinder: 4:52pm On Nov 24, 2006
If you dont get admission this year,write another SSCE?i thought the thing had a life span of 5 years?
Re: Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? by Freestyl(m): 5:16pm On Nov 24, 2006
sure, u can
Re: Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? by BernieBoy(m): 5:33pm On Nov 24, 2006
Freestyl:

sure, u can

@ freesyl
how sure are you my young man. I was bounced out of somebody's office recently with My Waec and Neco results combined.
@ rawlings
please my brother you can still go in for another exam.
Re: Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? by Oracle(m): 6:15pm On Nov 24, 2006
I've heard a lot of people saying the two results can be combined but i've not seen anybody that has done it.
Re: Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? by CrazyMan(m): 6:45pm On Nov 24, 2006
It can't be combined.

WAEC goes with GCE
and NECO goes with NECO GCE
Re: Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? by edmondo(m): 8:23pm On Nov 24, 2006
i ve neva seen anibody dat combine both bt i think neco goes with neco gce while waec ssce goes wit gce bt i think is beta u hav ur waec cos its accepted world wide.
Re: Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? by goodguy(m): 9:02pm On Nov 24, 2006
So many contradicting replies here. You people will definitely get a foreigner confused!

Anyway, all I can say is, it depends on the university and the course you're applying for. In UI for example, you can combine for some courses, but definitely not courses like Medicine. As for OAU, I know someone who chose Medicine, combined and the results were accepted, so I guess it's acceptable there. So it all boils down to the individual schools, but as someone said, it's only a matter of time before all schools start accepting combination of results.

@thread starter, I'll advise you seek information from the school you're applying to.

1 Like

Re: Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? by hayprof(m): 10:12pm On Nov 24, 2006
I'll advise you seek information from the school you're applying to.

-Thats It, No more no Less cool

1 Like

Re: Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? by layifioren(m): 11:49pm On Nov 24, 2006
yes it is possible because i've seen it done before in OAU
Re: Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? by ajayi1(m): 3:55pm On Nov 25, 2006
Yes, I have heared about that, they said you can combine. What you need to know is the name of school.
Re: Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? by otokx(m): 6:22am On Nov 26, 2006
It depends on the university.
Re: Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? by pusskey(m): 6:55pm On Nov 26, 2006
No u cant add neco and waec together.federal government once said so but waec disapprove of it saying that waec is a west africa examination so it woun be possible,if federal government want to scrabe them out they should have gven then a year notice not bringing this kind of idean.so my friend in a nut shell u cant add neco and waec together and pls do listen to news to be current expecially AIT news.
Re: Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? by desertboom(m): 7:48pm On Nov 26, 2006
hey i don't think it's possible
Re: Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? by goodguy(m): 8:48pm On Nov 26, 2006
You can combine the two, it only depends on the school! angry
Re: Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? by Kajiang02(m): 10:31am On Nov 27, 2006
No cos dey r diiffrrent bodies
Re: Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? by zebudaya(m): 3:04pm On Nov 27, 2006
I think if you have to combine different SSCE results then you are not ready for college. !
Re: Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? by goodguy(m): 7:21pm On Nov 27, 2006
Arrghhh!!! angry angry angry
Re: Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? by niceguy(m): 4:35pm On Dec 01, 2006
Yes, I am sure they combined NECO and WAEC. Don't be afraid.
Re: Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? by ajayi1(m): 12:28pm On Dec 02, 2006
You can your best on it, And lets know how far
Re: Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? by jimaj4life(m): 10:58am On Dec 04, 2006
i dont think you can,u can only combine it when u wanna do pre-degree in some certain schools
Re: Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? by ajayi1(m): 5:10pm On Dec 04, 2006
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKkkkk
Re: Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? by suprted(m): 9:53pm On Dec 05, 2006
for people talking about writing ssce/neco, the english on this thread is atrocious. shocked
Re: Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? by zebudaya(m): 10:36pm On Dec 05, 2006
suprted:

for people talking about writing ssce/neco, the english on this thread is atrocious. shocked

i've said it before. If a person can't pass SSCE and/or NECO and wants to combine results from 2 different bodies, then that person is not ready for college/university

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Husband Still Rides Okada - Success' Mum Speaks On Life After The Viral Video / Throwback Video Of 5-Year-Old Hanifa Abubakar Kidnapped & Killed By Her Teacher / King's College Students Beating Their Juniors (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.