₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,259,172 members, 4,942,465 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2019 at 04:30 AM

Dear Programmer In Nigeria: How Much Is Your Salary? - Programming (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Dear Programmer In Nigeria: How Much Is Your Salary? (48228 Views)

ARE You A Programmer In Abuja ? Come In Here Briefly / Programmer In Ilorin / Programmer In Bank Vs Programmer In Another Coperate Environment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Programmer In Nigeria: How Much Is Your Salary? by haymekus: 2:35am On May 04, 2018
toystars:

I agree with you.

True, there are lots of programmers right now, but there are very few programmers with the right skillsets. At least for the past 2 years, I've been in the forefront of recruiting developers for the company I work for and it is sad to admit that 90% of all programmers in Nigeria are shitty. They all shout "I am a developer" but don't have a clue what it takes to be one.

Regardless of the influx of programmer supply from other parts of the world, I've worked with several guys who are smart and very badass in programming and earn more than 12M NGN gross pray and are here in Nigeria.

My point is, companies will pay you if you are good enough, can sell yourself well, be very smart and don't give a poo about burning rickety bridges.

90% is very bad, why do you say so

BTW what kind of skill set does the 10% possess

Looking forward to your response

1 Like

Re: Dear Programmer In Nigeria: How Much Is Your Salary? by Nmeri17: 7:49am On May 09, 2018
toystars:

At least for the past 2 years, I've been in the forefront of recruiting developers for the company I work for and it is sad to admit that 90% of all programmers in Nigeria are shitty.

haymekus:

90% is very bad, why do you say so

BTW what kind of skill set does the 10% possess
The game changer is that they are exceptionally dexterous and adroit at changing baby diapers and wiping poop. wink
Re: Dear Programmer In Nigeria: How Much Is Your Salary? by LeoFish92(m): 12:11pm On May 12
toystars:
I see people not stating what they earn. So I work for a startup in Lagos as a mobile (mostly Android using react native) developer. Salary is 386k/m (with lots of other bonuses).

Every new developer in the company earns an average of 180k/m (lowest level). Salary depends on skillset and how much you can sell yourself. Interview is handled by the CTO himself, so he decides how much you earn on the spot, no HR. Work is flexible and most times I work from home. This also gives me more time for side hustles.

I also do remote gigs with an average of $3000/m.

Once you have the right skillset and work smart, you attract the right offers

So, in other words, you just build mobile apps for the company?
Re: Dear Programmer In Nigeria: How Much Is Your Salary? by paulnewplay: 7:02pm On May 12
Yupng:

That average of 120 or 130k is roughly $500 usd. Thats very poor for a 30 days full time job. Any good developer can earn that weekly working with foreign firms online.

I will find time to write more on this soonest.
can you show how a nigerian can get these jobs working online? It would b really helpful
Re: Dear Programmer In Nigeria: How Much Is Your Salary? by BoleAndFish: 9:08pm On May 12
toystars:
I see people not stating what they earn. So I work for a startup in Lagos as a mobile (mostly Android using react native) developer. Salary is 386k/m (with lots of other bonuses).

Every new developer in the company earns an average of 180k/m (lowest level). Salary depends on skillset and how much you can sell yourself. Interview is handled by the CTO himself, so he decides how much you earn on the spot, no HR. Work is flexible and most times I work from home. This also gives me more time for side hustles.

I also do remote gigs with an average of $3000/m.

Once you have the right skillset and work smart, you attract the right offers
What's your skill set? What language(s) are you fluent in?
Re: Dear Programmer In Nigeria: How Much Is Your Salary? by AmadeusCho: 11:40pm On May 12
Hnmm about to finish nysc this July everything just seems overwhelming as an upcoming programmer with basic skills in front end and python
Re: Dear Programmer In Nigeria: How Much Is Your Salary? by hardeymorlar(m): 1:51pm On May 15
AmadeusCho:
Hnmm about to finish nysc this July everything just seems overwhelming as an upcoming programmer with basic skills in front end and python
we're in the same boat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Project Topics In Computer Science / Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira / Vb.net Code To Display Image In Picturebox From Sql Server

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.