Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,173 members, 7,815,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories (24833 Views)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Sues Stephanie Otobo, Sahara Reporters For N1B / Olukoya Set To Lose Mountain Of Fire Prayer City - Sahara Reporters. / TB Joshua Purchases $60Million Gulfstream-G550-Jet - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories by TheFilmmaker: 7:15pm On May 01, 2015
Can you imagine this buffonery on the front page?

Crazy people on Nairaland these days.

Next thing, we go hear sey Sodom and Gomorrah became Calabar.

ReligionCloudsReasoning
Re: The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories by TheFilmmaker: 7:28pm On May 01, 2015
Ishilove:
Some people just rush to comment without even reading the post, understanding it and intelligently countering the assertions. How shameful. A generation of ... lipsrsealed

sukkot, MrPresident, Radoillo, your attention is needed.

Africa is the cradle of civilisation, so we shouldn't completely dismiss the theory.

The mad mindset of the OP on creating this thread is appaling: You're proving a 12,000 year period with a book that claims the earth is 4,000+ year old.
Re: The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories by uwuana: 7:32pm On May 01, 2015
boman2014:
And the Garden of Eden is located in Benue state. SMFH
no wonder they gat food basket of the nation
Re: The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories by Crownofwealth(m): 7:36pm On May 01, 2015
this is what we call ikwegbe ri warri
Re: The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories by boldking(m): 7:36pm On May 01, 2015
what do you mean ?
Re: The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:49pm On May 01, 2015
I used to think that it's only the whites that use Hamitic hypothesis. I've been proven wrong by some ill-informed, unexposed blacks.
Re: The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories by Lachynos2k2(m): 7:54pm On May 01, 2015
and heaven is located in my village ihioma orlu.

1 Like

Re: The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:59pm On May 01, 2015
Nihilist:

There's no point trying to intelligently discredit this post, because there's nothing intelligent about it in the first place.
It's people like you that will make Trevor Roper, if he were still alive, to keep saying Africa has no history until it had contact with European traders. A big sorry to you. If the OP had said the ship was discovered in Jerusalem, without evidence, you would have taken it hook, line and sinker. Indeed Hamitic hypothesis will continue to be spreading in Africa, as against Europe, with your type.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories by diamondpaul(m): 8:00pm On May 01, 2015
smh this ppeo never seems to amuse me.
Re: The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories by blazemanass21: 8:04pm On May 01, 2015
Joseph is from my village

1 Like

Re: The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 01, 2015
I need that weed that you are smoking...
Re: The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories by Volksfuhrer(m): 8:19pm On May 01, 2015
Gejpresident:
rubbish

anything from Africa its pooo

u people can't just wake up and talk rubbish

I'm happy I don't live in that Continent

Another fallacy. You are saying in effect that what characterizes Africa now has always been so.

But whatever applies to Africa now need not have applied in ancient times. Civilizations ebb and flow, else there wouldn't have been a Dark Age at all!

From the little I've gleaned from scholarly expositions about ancient times, there had been many dark ages eons before the middle ages! So, what makes you think Africa was not a great civilization millennia ago.

If you like, you may continue to stick with your fallacy of retrospective determinism which will multiply your ignorance!
Re: The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories by Volksfuhrer(m): 8:29pm On May 01, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

...If the OP had said the ship was discovered in Jerusalem, without evidence, you would have taken it hook, line and sinker...

Ooh, they would believe that! Any good thing found in Africa couldn't be African because it doesn't fit the stereotype. It's so self-deprecating.
Re: The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories by pasol4real(m): 8:31pm On May 01, 2015
muafrika:

[url]jandyongenesis..com/2010/12/when-sahara-was-wet.html?m=1[/url]
one Word

DRY !
Re: The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 01, 2015
Gejpresident:
rubbish

Congrat
Re: The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories by CR77(f): 8:35pm On May 01, 2015
Really
Gejpresident:
rubbish

Re: The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:39pm On May 01, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

Ooh, they would believe that! Any good thing found in Africa couldn't be African because it doesn't fit the stereotype. It's so self-deprecating.
It's a sorry case.
Re: The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories by UnimkeAk(m): 8:54pm On May 01, 2015
muafrika:
I'll have my people meet your people so I can have your WEED GUY's Number.

1 Like

Re: The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories by UnimkeAk(m): 8:54pm On May 01, 2015
muafrika:
I'll have my people meet your people so I can have your WEED GUY's Number.
Re: The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 01, 2015
Ishilove:
Some people just rush to comment without even reading the post, understanding it and intelligently countering the assertions. How shameful. A generation of ... lipsrsealed

Africa is the cradle of civilisation, so we shouldn't completely dismiss the theory.

How do I say this without offending you, Ishilove? smiley

Okay, let me just say that (speaking as a scientist) that theory has nothing going for it. There are just holes all over it.

1 Like

Re: The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories by Ishilove: 9:07pm On May 01, 2015
Radoillo:

How do I say this without offending you, Ishilove? smiley

Okay, let me just say that (speaking as a scientist) that theory has nothing going for it. There are just holes all over it.
I love to dissect things, no matter how idiotic it seems grin

1 Like

Re: The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories by Ishilove: 9:09pm On May 01, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

Another fallacy. You are saying in effect that what characterizes Africa now has always been so.

But whatever applies to Africa now need not have applied in ancient times. Civilizations ebb and flow, else there wouldn't have been a Dark Age at all!

From the little I've gleaned from scholarly expositions about ancient times, there had been many dark ages eons before the middle ages! So, what makes you think Africa was not a great civilization millennia ago.

If you like, you may continue to stick with your fallacy of retrospective determinism which will multiply your ignorance!
Oyibo repete grin

1 Like

Re: The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories by sukkot: 9:10pm On May 01, 2015
Ishilove:

[b]he is very correct. see when the bible speaks of the end of the world, the world is not actually ending and will never end. it means the end of the ages. the end of an age is associated with shift of the axis planet. so its like a switching of sides of the planet. and since the earth is tilted at an angle of 23.5 degrees, this switch of axis is associated with heavy flooding as the waters rush to the other side. during this switch, the once fertile sahara desert which is the region of ' noahs ' existence becomes dry as the water slopes over to the other side of the world during the flood. so the once fertile wet sahara which is the region of biblical noah story is now a dry desert which gives credence to the AS ABOVE SO BELOW hermaneutic theory that as a people are judged and determined spiritually, so will there environment be and the region that is dry now which is the africa side of the world is under what is known as the curse of ham. but thats getting too deep. but yeah OP is very correct. also during that axis reversal, the once wet and fertile sahara is swung into direct permanent full blast of the reflection of the sun from the moon to also represent the hermaneutic ' ye shall be refined in the furnace of affliction ' . so this permanent heat also scorches the now dry land and keeps it dry [/b]
Re: The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories by Nihilist: 9:10pm On May 01, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

It's people like you that will make Trevor Roper, if he were still alive, to keep saying Africa has no history until it had contact with European traders. A big sorry to you. If the OP had said the ship was discovered in Jerusalem, without evidence, you would have taken it hook, line and sinker. Indeed Hamitic hypothesis will continue to be spreading in Africa, as against Europe, with your type.

Noah is a Jewish character. Performing all sorts of mental gymnastics just to try and import him into African history is the real disgrace here.

I'm sure you really don't see the irony in the OP's attempt to tailor Nigerian history to fit the European traders you mentioned
Re: The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories by Ishilove: 9:16pm On May 01, 2015
sukkot:
[b]he is very correct. see when the bible speaks of the end of the world, the world is not actually ending and will never end. it means the end of the ages. the end of an age is associated with a physical polar shift of the planet. the tropic of cancer region becomes the tropic of capricorn and the tropic of capricorn region becomes the tropic of cancer. so its like a switching of sides of the planet. and since the earth is tilted at an angle of 23.5 degrees, this switch of poles is associated with heavy flooding as the waters rush to the other side. during this switch, the once fertile sahara desert which is the region of ' noahs ' existence becomes dry as the water slopes over to the other side of the world during the flood. so the once fertile wet sahara which is the region of biblical noah story is now a dry desert which gives credence to the AS ABOVE SO BELOW hermaneutic theory that as a people are judged and determined spiritually, so will there environment be and the region that is dry now which is the africa side of the world is under what is known as the curse of ham. but thats getting too deep. but yeah OP is very correct[/b]
Interesting thesis
Re: The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories by Ishilove: 9:17pm On May 01, 2015
Bigfrancis21, shinejackie
Re: The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories by Bruno3000(m): 9:18pm On May 01, 2015
Gejpresident:
rubbish
how old are u?
Re: The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 01, 2015
muafrika:

I SWEAR YOU MUMU DIE!!!

WHICH WEED YOU DEY TAKE SO!!!

1 Like

Re: The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories by Solozzo(m): 9:18pm On May 01, 2015
The story of Noah's flood and the characters in Genesis are just myths: no Abraham, Jacob and Isaac. No Adam and Eve etc.
Re: The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories by Ishilove: 9:20pm On May 01, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
I used to think that it's only the whites that use Hamitic hypothesis. I've been proven wrong by some ill-informed, unexposed blacks.
Decades and decades of indoctrination and brainwashing are some of the causes of this 'black on black' Hamitic Hypothesis grin.

1 Like

Re: The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories by sukkot: 9:21pm On May 01, 2015
Ishilove:

Interesting theory
not a theory. it is happening as we speak. we are getting to the end of another age. they are having snow in parts of the world known for intense heat and the weather pattern is crazy and outrageous. a shift is going on as we speak as we get ready to usher in the second coming of Christ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Today Is Prophet T.B. Joshua's 58th Posthumous Birthday / Igbo Names Of THE ALMIGHTY GOD / Why Do Many Sisters Want To Marry Pastors?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.