Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,021 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President (49871 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu In Secret Trial Courtroom As Binta Nyako Storms Out (Photos) / FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) / Justice Binta Nyako Is Buhari’s Sister – IPOB Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by Obijulius: 7:47pm On May 01, 2015
lol.

Your APC brothers from the SW will never agree with the last part of your statement.

Just subsitute Rochas with Fashola and see your likes grow.

Funny people.

Demmzy15:
GMB my hero, FAYEMI my role model and Rochas our next Presido! grin grin
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 01, 2015
Okay! We've met! Now she cannot be senate president... grin

2 Likes

Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by cyril83(m): 7:47pm On May 01, 2015
Nonsense. Era where women rule with kitchen brain has gone. They did more than harm to Gej's administration, these people need to be kept where they belong.
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by Obijulius: 7:48pm On May 01, 2015
Demmzy15:
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by cybrninja(m): 7:48pm On May 01, 2015
this is not the kind of change Nigeria needs
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by AreaFada2: 7:49pm On May 01, 2015
I was one those very delighted when Etteh emerged as speaker.
If she hadn't messed up, I would hve wholeheartedly wished she became Senate President.

Obviously in 9ja, corruption & impunity seem trans-gender. And trans-generational going by Dimeji Bankole's antics back then.grin cheesy
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by Ishilove: 7:51pm On May 01, 2015
She's so pretty smiley

2 Likes

Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 01, 2015
Will Senate Presidency under this inexperienced APC government be based on intelligence and experience or based on Nepotism and "our turn" mentality ?

1 Like

Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 01, 2015
Interesting but then, Lalasticlala get https://www.nairaland.com/2285292/open-letter-some-marine-students to front page.
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by wallex1983(m): 7:52pm On May 01, 2015
Be it unto thee according to thy desire
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by mmsen: 7:54pm On May 01, 2015
I saw this woman speak at the national confab.

She speaks well, not sure of her policies.

Be interesting to see her voting record.

1 Like

Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by Idrismusty97(m): 7:55pm On May 01, 2015
Velocitron:
Couldn't care less that she's a woman. The real question is, can she deliver?
Nice...
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by Truckpusher(m): 7:55pm On May 01, 2015
Ishilove:
She's so pretty smiley
She's not angry
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by cyril83(m): 7:56pm On May 01, 2015
kristisking:
Does she know baba one chance is womenphobia?Baba one change believes women shouldn't be in politics.

Yeah! Baba is very right, black women are so cruel and shouldn't be given any chance to rule.
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by Ishilove: 7:57pm On May 01, 2015
Truckpusher:
She's not angry
She is angry

1 Like

Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by dotna(m): 7:57pm On May 01, 2015
She can do it
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 01, 2015
Inyerestinhbut still lalasticlala pls send https://www.nairaland.com/2285292/open-letter-some-marine-students to front page
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by kazmanbanjoko(m): 7:57pm On May 01, 2015
I was here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by Idrismusty97(m): 7:57pm On May 01, 2015
Billyonaire:
Will Senate Presidency under this inexperienced APC government be based on intelligence and experience or based on Nepotism and "our turn" mentality ?
How comes your so called "Recycled" politicians are now inexperienced? Stick to one please or you will keep contradicting yourself.
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 01, 2015
Interesting but still lalasticlala pls send https://www.nairaland.com/2285292/open-letter-some-marine-students to front page
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by creepsyme(f): 8:00pm On May 01, 2015
Demmzy15:
good to know temitemi1 has an opponent. this sounds better tho.

1 Like

Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by AmaechiLinus(m): 8:00pm On May 01, 2015
Mummy, no vacancy 4 female as a senate presido
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by ellechrystal(f): 8:01pm On May 01, 2015
dljbd1:
j
J for Jesus
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by hotgunz(m): 8:01pm On May 01, 2015
CFCfan:
If Patricia Etteh could be elected as Speaker of the House of Reps, then Senator-elect Binta should have a chance. However, if both Saraki and Akume are still in the race I don't she stands a realistic chance of becoming the Senate president.
abeg make we hear word
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 01, 2015
I don't care who becomes the President of the Senate
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by Truckpusher(m): 8:03pm On May 01, 2015
Ishilove:

She is angry
What are the attributes that qualifies a woman to be classified as being 'beautiful'?
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by femi4: 8:03pm On May 01, 2015
CFCfan:
Senator-elect representing Adamawa North Senatorial District on the platform of All Progressives Congress, APC, Binta Masi Garba, said on Wednesday that she wants to make history as the first female Senate President in the country.
According to her, as the only female Senator from the North, her interest to contest for the office of the President of the Senate was to bring transparency and openness in the leadership of the red chamber.

Although the leadership of APC is yet to decide which geo-political zone in the North to zone the senate presidency slot to, the north east and north central are in pole position to clinch the number 3 position in the country.

Senators Bukola Saraki (Kwara) George Akume (Benue) and Ahmad Lawan (Yobe) are seen as leading contenders for the position.

Throwing her hat into the ring, the three term member of the House of Representatives from both Kaduna South and Michika/Madagali Federal Constituencies, told journalists in Abuja that she has written to all her colleagues and other Nigerians on the need to support her candidacy to emerge as the first female Senate President in Nigeria.

“Apart from the fact that I’ve leld several positions as a lawmaker in the House of Representatives, I am the first female Chairperson of any public party in Nigeria haven been elected as the Adamawa State Chapter Chairperson of the APC in April last year. I am still holding that position till today and the unity I brought to the party brought about the successes we recorded in the recent general elections.

“As a delegate member from Adamawa State at the National Conference, I served on the committee on Political Restructuring and Forms of Government. I know what Nigerians need when it comes to lawmaking and leadership. It’s time for all to support the female folks to be at the fore front of decision making in Nigeria”, she said.

http://www.informationng.com/2015/04/why-i-want-to-succeed-mark-as-senate-president-binta-garba.html

Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 01, 2015
creepsyme:
good to know temitemi1 has an opponent. this sounds better tho.
Temitemi has no opponent. He leads, others follow!!!

GEJ My Hero
Fayose My Role Model
Truckpusher My Brother
TemiTemi1 My Twinny
Mogidi My Boss
Creepsyme My Crush tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 01, 2015
Idrismusty97:
How comes your so called "Recycled" politicians are now inexperienced? Stick to one please or you will keep contradicting yourself.
Recycled Inexperienced Politicians is a combination that best describe the APC team apart Governor Fashola. The rest of them are just mor0ns. It is the truth you will refuse to accept.
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 01, 2015
She's cool. I hope she's as good as she looks..
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by Truckpusher(m): 8:06pm On May 01, 2015
barcanista:
Temitemi has no opponent. He leads, others follow!!!

GEJ My Hero
Fayose My Role Model
Truckpusher My Brother
TemiTemi1 My Twinny
Mogidi My Boss
Creepsyme My Crush tongue
grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari, Ambode, Tinubu At A Wedding Ceremony In Lagos / EndSARS: Lagos State Police Command Reacts To Attack On RRS Operatives / Sowore Condemns Attack On Tinubu-Shettima Bishop At Dei Dei Market In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.