Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,936 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Waiting Upon The Lord - (tarry And Don't Faint) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Waiting Upon The Lord - (tarry And Don't Faint) (1145 Views)

Florida Pastor Caught Having Fun With Member's Daughters. Mum & Brother Faint / Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence / Projectsave Devotional- He Won't Tarry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Waiting Upon The Lord - (tarry And Don't Faint) by Debeloved87(m): 10:31pm On May 01, 2015
Isaiah 40:31 (KJV): But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Life is made up of both good and bad times, yet, so often people turn from the Lord Jesus Christ when they are going through bad times. This is because they want things to always be sweet. But, that is not how life goes. Instead, every believer should be ready to face trials as a good soldier of the Lord. In fact, when a believer longsuffers through trials, it shows that they are true soldiers of the Lord. But how often does this happen? Not as often as it should. Because when trials and bad times come along, so many believers began to complain and worry. However, the Bible says that we should give thanks for everything, so this means hard times too (Thess. 5:18). In fact during hard times,
God still expects for believers to be without a spot or a wrinkle, to bring glory to His holy name, and God especially desires that believers wait upon Him by setting themselves apart through fasting and praying. These are good things for all children of God to do, because while waiting upon the Lord, it gives them time to examine their life in God’s presence, while He is renewing their strength. The Lord is renewing strength, because all trust has been placed in Him. So, God comes as a Helper and a Defender, since He has been made a shield, and no longer are His children dependent upon themselves, but on their Father (Pss. 62:1). Therefore, they shall run and not be weary, and walk and not faint, just as the Scripture promises.

However, that is what happens when believers wait upon the Lord, but waiting itself is usually the problem most believers have. In fact, believers do not want to wait for God’s time. Instead, they want answers to their requests when they ask, or on their time. So when there is a delay and God does not move when they think He should, many make up their mind to no longer serve Him. They say, “Lord, because I never received an answer to my prayer, go Your way and let me go my way”. But this is never a solution, because whatever God has for anyone to receive will come at the perfect time. There is not grace sufficient to keep what God has for you, because whatever God has given you has its own perfect time. But, unwillingness to wait can destroy it.

In particular, when it comes to waiting, King Saul’s life teaches a valuable lesson. King Saul was waiting for the priest Samuel to come so that a sacrifice could be made to God, before Israel went out to fight the Philistines (1 Sam 13:8-14). However, the Philistines were already ready to fight Israel, and the soldiers voices began to wear on King Saul to do something, and he did. So, King Saul did not keep the commandment of God to wait on the priest Samuel, but, he lost his patience and heeded to the voice of the soldiers, and without authorization, offered a sacrifice to God. At that moment, God rejected King Saul. Now, as it was with Saul, so is it with all believers during hard times, the voices of others come and give ungodly advice and some will come to mock and push you into sinning against God. But please, wait upon the Lord during times like this, and know that the Lord has heard your cries, but still you have to be patient a little longer, then in time, everything will be back to beautiful.

Also, I would like to share a personal experience that I went through with you. At the time, I was going through a difficulty with my parent. So I prayed and prayed, but I tell you, it seemed like the more I prayed the worst things got. However later, I went into seven days of fasting and prayer, begging the Lord for death, because life was so hard and too hot for me. Meanwhile, I never knew that I had a special mission in my family. But, on the last day of fasting, I heard the voice of God and had an encounter with the Lord Jesus Christ. That encounter has changed my life to this very day, and by God’s grace, today my family is a center of salvation.

In addition, I would like to share a passage from Luke with you:
But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken, the lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. (Luke 12:45-47).

The purpose of this passage is to show you that when there is a delay to your dream or request,.....continue here http://lifeboatchristianministry..com/2015/05/waiting-upon-lord.html

(1) (Reply)

SERMON JOTTERS:7 Life Saving Prayers / WATCH How David Oyedepo Honours His Principal Back In Secondary School At Shilo / Omega Fire Ministries Releases Statement On The Alleged Apostle Suleman Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.