Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence (7767 Views)

The Implications Of God's Presence With You (6) / How To Activate God's Presence (4) / You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by Thepasserby(m): 1:54pm On Dec 10, 2016
Why we should tarry in God's presence

Acts 1:4
And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. (KJV)

We are keen on going into the presence of God and still want to leave in a haste. We want to speak to God but when God decides to speak to us, we say the closing prayer and close the meeting.

The secret behind the great prophets and apostles was that they were able to tarry in God's and receive the much needed grace.

Here are what we stand to gain when we tarry in God's presence.

1. We receive strength (Isaiah 40:31)
The race is not always to the swift but to the graced. When we tarry in God's presence, he grants into us strength to carry on.

2. We receive power (Acts 1:8, 2:1-3)
Waiting is not waiting but acting while waiting. When we wait and act, we receive the promised power (dunamis).

3. We have an encounter. (Gen 28:10-14)
No one has ever encountered God and remain the same.

4. We hear from God (Hab 2:1)
Contrary to what the world thinks, God is still speaking but we must avail ourselves to hear from HIM.

5. We understand His plans (Gen 18:17)
When we wait in God's presence, HE reveals his plans to us.

When next we enter into the presence of God, let's not be too fast to leave. It is better to wait than to be a bait.

Jesus loves you.

culled from www.palmchatnow.com

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by lonelydora: 7:58am On Dec 11, 2016
Omo, I don't attend any church that closes around 1 pm.

After all, it's same " make Una repent" we get to hear each Sunday.

At my level, I no longer celebrate "First to Comment". It's for Indomie generation.
Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by Benfaco1: 7:58am On Dec 11, 2016
Nice write up. It's always good to spend time with God.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by hemartins(m): 7:58am On Dec 11, 2016
God bless you for this wonderful post.

1 Like

Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 11, 2016
I agree
Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by Eibams60(m): 7:59am On Dec 11, 2016
chai I don dey reach ooo
Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by tyehmi(m): 8:00am On Dec 11, 2016
Good one @op
Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by ammyluv2002(f): 8:01am On Dec 11, 2016
Bros, tarry with God no be the one church go start 8am in the morning then close 5pm in the evening angry angry angry

Nice writeup tho! God bless you

3 Likes

Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by emvico(m): 8:01am On Dec 11, 2016
God Is Good GiG
Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by Julietcutie(f): 8:05am On Dec 11, 2016
God bless you
Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by nairaman66(m): 8:06am On Dec 11, 2016
God is the reason for the season!

1 Like

Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by friedcorn: 8:08am On Dec 11, 2016
As atheist i wonder the kind of presence seun tarries in?
Maybe lucifer's...
Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by Mosthandsomeboy(m): 8:08am On Dec 11, 2016
Make Church come collapse for my head,blood of wizkid!!
Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by nairaman66(m): 8:09am On Dec 11, 2016
freeman95:
God kor God ni

Where was GOD When innocent children are suffering of hunger, yet your bastard God kept blessing the wicked politicians and evil doers...

Your God can't even handle a world he claimed to have created, everything dey scatter for en face yet he dey there dey claim almighty...

Your God will die in Jesus name hahahahaha

Too early to be a clown!

2 Likes

Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by freeman95(m): 8:10am On Dec 11, 2016
nairaman66:

Too early to be a clown!

Stfu use your dumb head, not everyone believes in your God so cut it
Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by Uyi168: 8:12am On Dec 11, 2016
friedcorn:
As atheist i wonder the kind of presence seun tarries in?

Maybe lucifer's...
Its obvious u know nothing abt atheism..
Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by nairaman66(m): 8:13am On Dec 11, 2016
freeman95:

Stfu use your dumb head, not everyone believes in your God so cut it

Fools die 10,000 times before....... You can fill in the blanks!

2 Likes

Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by Thepasserby(m): 8:14am On Dec 11, 2016
freeman95:
God kor God ni

Where was GOD When innocent children are suffering of hunger, yet your bastard God kept blessing the wicked politicians and evil doers...

Your God can't even handle a world he claimed to have created, everything dey scatter for en face yet he dey there dey claim almighty...

Your God will die in Jesus name hahahahaha

Question for you

who is the cause of the hunger in the world, man's inhumanity to man or God?

1 Like

Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by Sajio(m): 8:14am On Dec 11, 2016
Said it all..... nice one
Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by LordaGuru: 8:14am On Dec 11, 2016
GOD is good.
Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by freeman95(m): 8:16am On Dec 11, 2016
Thepasserby:

Question for you

who is the cause of the hunger in the world, man's inhumanity to man or God?

Well it's your God who programmed human to live on food.....

He could have created us in a way that we don't even need to eat to survive or better still provide food in abundance

Not playing games with innocent creature...
Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by Thepasserby(m): 8:17am On Dec 11, 2016
freeman95:

Well it's your God who programmed human to live on food.....

He could have created us in a way that we don't even need to eat I survive or better still provide food in abundance

Not playing games with innocent creature...

that means you believe God as the Creator of the universe. Case settled.

1 Like

Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by freeman95(m): 8:20am On Dec 11, 2016
Thepasserby:

that means you believe God as the Creator of the universe. Case settled.

Well I'm being sarcastic u know

No sane God will create a world this messed up and still expect people to follow him

There is no God my brother
Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by Corussa: 8:20am On Dec 11, 2016
One Hour With God Is Better Than A Year Without Him - Unknown

1 Like

Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by Lucasinho(m): 8:28am On Dec 11, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Bros, tarry with God no be the one church go start 8am in the morning then close 5pm in the evening angry angry angry

Nice writeup tho! God bless you
Sister but u will hold Phone 4 hand and will be chatting n typing rubbish 4rm 7am - 9Pm....

1 Like

Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by Thepasserby(m): 8:31am On Dec 11, 2016
freeman95:

Well I'm being sarcastic u know

No sane God will create a world this messed up and still expect people to follow him

There is no God my brother

There is no need to be confused. God created man and gave him the power of freewill. God can control a man and make him do whatsoever HE desires. In order for God to respect HIS image in man, He gave man one thing that all other creatures lacked: the willpower.

God is not asking you to follow HIM because he lacks followers. It's a choice you have to make willingly. God has never forced HIMSELF on anyone and HE will not start now.

I know you are a seeker of the truth, so seek the real truth and forget about religion.

John 8:32
and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

John 14:6
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

If you find truth in Atheism, please continue.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence by freeman95(m): 8:33am On Dec 11, 2016
Thepasserby:

There is no need to be confused. God created man and gave him the power of freewill. God can control a man and make him do whatsoever HE desires. In order for God to respect HIS image in man, He gave man one thing that all other creatures lacked: the willpower.

God is not asking you to follow HIM because he lacks followers. It's a choice you have to make willingly. God has never forced HIMSELF on anyone and HE will not start now.

I know you are a seeker of the truth, so seek the real truth and forget about religion.

John 8:32
and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

John 14:6
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

If you find truth in Atheism, please continue.

Okay bro, if God doesn't seek followers why will he burn those who do not follow him hahahahahaha

Why is he getting mad at things he created?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World / We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God / Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.