Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Igbo Wars Against The British - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Wars Against The British (18228 Views)

Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari / Meet The British Mps Who Want The UK To Support Biafra / Nnamdi Kanu: Copy Of The Petition Written By The British Mp, Harriet Harman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by miracle11: 1:49am On May 02, 2015
royalcatier:
You do and you know it. We are your better in every area and you know it.

Make that I o to save yourself.

how please kindly explain. All ur plots and plans in d 60 ' s to be our betters all skipped down d drain to ur shame and utter disgrace, nw u people can't just stomach our audacity grin. Ur envy will kill u
Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by miracle11: 1:54am On May 02, 2015
royalcatier:
You make nothing out of the ordinary, you want to be where you will never reach.

sucks to be you, the cursed tribe of Nigeria.

I have reached it and beyond babe. Can I say d same for u? Even ashewo work no favor u. U re a lost cause. A Burden to humanity. A capital disgrace to ur family at large and a non entity. Well cool to be me d blessed tribe of nigeria. Speaking of curses. Which is greater Dan this....

1 Like

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by royalcatier: 1:57am On May 02, 2015
Yorubaland is where every generation of you people want to be. If you don't come to my land you have nothing to eat. We taugght how to put on clothes. We taught you how to read. We stopped you from eating bones and taught you how to eat meat. Name anything good to make you who are today we taught you.

miracle11:
how please kindly explain. All ur plots and plans in d 60 ' s to be our betters all skipped down d drain to ur shame and utter disgrace, nw u people can't just stomach our audacity grin. Ur envy will kill u

1 Like

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by OneNaira6: 1:59am On May 02, 2015
royalcatier:
You will soon die of salt seeping into your skin then, cheap boy that can't afford real bath salt.

Your madness starts tonight, oloriburuku egbon were!

Was this supposed to be an insult? Na this you call insult? Are you running out?

Illiterate. Infact sef I think those drugs have taken all you rbrain cells. You're hallow up there. Iti bolibo

1 Like

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by royalcatier: 2:01am On May 02, 2015
That picture is better than your lost people who don't have sense of direction, anything but you people.

Only people like you born in baby factory/brothel with donated sperm do Asewo, you got to keep the lineage replenished.

miracle11:
I have reached it and beyond babe. Can I say d same for u? Even ashewo work no favor u. U re a lost cause. A Burden to humanity. A capital disgrace to ur family at large and a non entity. Well cool to be me d blessed tribe of nigeria. Speaking of curses. Which is greater Dan this....

1 Like

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by OneNaira6: 2:02am On May 02, 2015
royalcatier:

I don't know how to read and don't even want to try cos is the same shhiitt over and over again.

She's finally admitted it. Finally the ashawo don tell herself the truth. My work here is done. grin grin
Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by royalcatier: 2:07am On May 02, 2015
Yes!! You have a problem with that? The most important thing is to keep you occupied, right? after all most of your comments are off topic!

You are not permitted to use the word Ashewo, considering where you came from.

I don't think any of you can pass Aids test due to Asewo work

OneNaira6:

She's finally admitted it. Finally the ashawo don tell herself the truth. My work here is done. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by royalcatier: 2:13am On May 02, 2015
Your mother is running crazy now, go and catch her.

You talked about salt bathing and I advised you so you don't kill yourself per your tribe factor with greed and primitiveness.

OneNaira6:

Was this supposed to be an insult? Na this you call insult? Are you running out?

Illiterate. Infact sef I think those drugs have taken all you rbrain cells. You're hallow up there. Iti bolibo

1 Like

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by AkanIgbo: 2:31am On May 02, 2015
liberty300:
I must admit; am a history buff myself. I enjoy history a lot cos Obama once said "you can't know where you're going if you don't know where you're coming from". But most Nigerians would tell me to forget history cos I can't get any good from it just because they feel uncomfortable telling the biafran story

Those people say that because they know crimes against humanity that their ancestors committed against the Igbo and Yoruba people that lived near them during the slave trade. So they don't want you seeing their dirt so they won't tell you the dirt, because it will show that their ancestors told lies and those lies caused the lives of millions of Africans in and out of Africa.
Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by fr3do(m): 4:23am On May 02, 2015
Why didn't my GST123 Nigerian people and Culture, say anything about the Ekumeku Resistance.
Tribalistic authors!
Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by Ilekeh(f): 4:36am On May 02, 2015
OneNaira6:

You're at work? Who you f00ling? B1tch we all know you are a welfare on foodstamp Ilekeh idi. Work you no get, na selling body you fit get. If you going to create a fake ID this old hag that have been used up and beaten senseless by pretty much every walking person on this forum then might as well switched up your tired common line. The old grandma that's even more childish than a infant baby. You're the reason people drop the old folks in a home. Who wants to associate themselves with a loser at the age of 60. Even no man wanted to marry your worthless sef. Old grandmama. Agadi nwanyi.

Is Ilekeh stressing you? You sound pained.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by Ilekeh(f): 4:38am On May 02, 2015
royalcatier:
You make nothing out of the ordinary, you want to be where you will never reach.

sucks to be you, the cursed tribe of Nigeria.

Whatever it is you're doing, keep at it.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by royalcatier: 4:47am On May 02, 2015
cool
Ilekeh:

Whatever it is you're doing, keep at it.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by royalcatier: 5:02am On May 02, 2015
He's really pained, leave them, we are going to play a game to expose who is on welfare soon when they least expect so they won't have time to fake anything cos the way he dropped the word 'foodstamp' you have to be on it to remember the name it's called and something tells me he's on it. don't get me wrong, I'm all for people who need help to get it, but what I don't appreciate is my tax dollar supporting ingrates who don't know their place in the society. The bums like the one you quoted are the first to quickly point fingers at others who are walking butts off to support them.
Ilekeh:

Is Ilekeh stressing you? You sound pained.
Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by royalcatier: 5:51am On May 02, 2015
Runaway coward!

OneNaira6:

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by kettykin: 6:14am On May 02, 2015
EdCure:

Let's not go there.
Boko haram, the "rag-tag" terrorists, have been holding up GEJ govt for four years now. Why? Because they were initially handled with "kid's gloves" (using Jona's words), same way Gowon and other well-meaning Nigerians and members of the international community tried to be reasonable with Ojuiku.
Remember, the biafra issue was tagged a police action by the Gowon govt. They couldn't have survived a full scale onslaught for up to a week.

Even the biafra army that made much incursions into other territories was led by men from other ethnic groups, especially the ibibios/efic and Victor Banjo, a Yoruba. Ojuiku led no expedition. We all know how he fled to Abidjan.

The biafran army wiped out 3 divisions of the nigerian army inside biafra please don't twist facts deliberately, the war was so serious that British parliament devoted whole sessions to deliberate on the war and how to get nigeria out of the battle field embarrassing situation. Obasanjo and babangida all have injuries to show for it

1 Like

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by Nobody: 6:35am On May 02, 2015
royalcatier:
You are just a dog.
your fada!
Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by royalcatier: 6:53am On May 02, 2015
Your Abirun mother!

ekenedegreat:
your fada!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by Nobody: 8:37am On May 02, 2015
royalcatier:
Your Abirun mother!
Otu gbawakwa your mother there.
Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by zendy: 9:03am On May 02, 2015
omonnakoda:
Eboes always lived in villages and have no knowledge of the complexities of statecraft and diplomacy. This explains their extreme clannishness .The Eboe identity was foisted on them by the British/Nigeria
They were developmentally quite bakward relatively and have no meaningful history to share.They were essential a farm that the Efiks harvested for slaves for centuries

There's the saying that " Igbo eh nwe Eze". This means that " Igbos don't have kings" ( although the accurate translation is that Igbos never had and will never have a king). That's just the egalitarian nature of the Igbo man that he doesn't recognise anyone as his superior wherever he is. That's why the Igbos never had central form of authority unlike the Yoruba that had the Oyomesi and the Hausa that had the Sokoto caliphate. To this day, it still amazes an Igboman like me that a Yoruba man can prostrate on the floor to another human being bacause I know that someone will have to kill me before I can agree to do this. We Igbos have been fighting colonialism for a long time. We fought the authority of the British but failed,we fought the Northern dominated Nigerian army in Biafra and failed but I'm proud of my people for fighting where others ran away like cowards. When we win, we shall win big. Until then,we keep fighting

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by omonnakoda: 9:13am On May 02, 2015
zendy:

There's the saying that " Igbo eh nwe Eze". This means that " Igbos don't have kings" ( although the accurate translation is that Igbos never had and will never have a king). That's just the egalitarian nature of the Igbo man that he doesn't recognise anyone as his superior wherever he is. That's why the Igbos never had central form of authority unlike the Yoruba that had the Oyomesi and the Hausa that had the Sokoto caliphate. To this day, it still amazes an Igboman like me that a Yoruba man can prostrate on the floor to another human being bacause I know that someone will have to kill me before I can agree to do this. We Igbos have been fighting colonialism for a long time. We fought the authority of the British but failed,we fought the Northern dominated Nigerian army in Biafra and failed but I'm proud of my people for fighting where others ran away like cowards. When we win, we shall win big. Until then,we keep fighting
It is nothing to do with egalitarian nature but just your developmental stage.You had not yet reached that level of development and were shielded from those kinds of forces by the forest. Primitive peoples do not have kings.The reality in history is small tribes have been force to merge into kingdoms to ensure their survival or they die .We could argue that the creation of Nigeria and now states was a distorted way to get there . It is for that reason that Europeans were able to colonize Africa. Those people we know as Yoruba or Hausa or English today most likely were hundreds of smaller tribes forced to come together under one name. The Ibos were able to live in peace as separate villages for long but that model was shattered by colonialism if not other local forces would have either devoured the or forced them into a different system of political organization

1 Like

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by ezeagu(m): 9:20am On May 02, 2015
Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by ezeagu(m): 9:23am On May 02, 2015

1 Like

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by ezeagu(m): 9:36am On May 02, 2015
Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by ezeagu(m): 9:50am On May 02, 2015
Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by PedroJP(m): 10:04am On May 02, 2015
omonnakoda:
I think we should not use the word "war" so carelessly when all we are talking about is an episode of village unruliness or petulance.Such palavers or melees in the Ilo are not quite what we mean when we talk about wars . Please!!

Pls define war. So in ur head war can only be when u use modern sophisticated weapons, right ?
Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by omonnakoda: 10:06am On May 02, 2015
PedroJP:

Pls define war. So in ur head war can only be when u use modern sophisticated weapons, right ?
In my head? Is your father's head okay?
Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by PedroJP(m): 10:30am On May 02, 2015
omonnakoda:
In my head? Is your father's head okay?

Lol, sorry if using the word head offended u but i meant no offence. Now u are already at war with me without weapons. War has stages, which includes the final stage of full blown out war u have as war. Cold war was really a war but in rhetoric and diplomatic form.

My father is a gentle man
Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by Babalegba(m): 12:11pm On May 02, 2015
The op does not really know the full definition of war and he is using the word to ' big' the IBO tribe up. The fact is that I at that time ibos have no central leadership and could never have conducted a skirmish not to talk of a war.
Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 02, 2015
Babalegba:
The op does not really know the full definition of war and he is using the word to ' big' the IBO tribe up. The fact is that I at that time ibos have no central leadership and could never have conducted a skirmish not to talk of a war.
Okay pls define 'war' for us I hope you won't run away.
Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by Babalegba(m): 1:15pm On May 02, 2015
ekenedegreat:
Okay pls define 'war' for us I hope you won't run away.
A war is a series of battles and campaigns to realize an objective and would involve tactical and strategic planning but that is not really the issue. The main issue is that iboland had no central leadership, something that is vital in order to conduct war and as a result they would have been limited to riots, street disturbances , violent protests and area boys action. A people would need kings and generals to conduct a war and those two were absent in iboland according to history books
Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by Chigold101(m): 1:27pm On May 02, 2015
liberty300:
Yeap. Igbos chased out the British. The yorubas hated it. The Hausas were given power because they welcome the Brits with open arms and obeyed every command without any question
the british up until now is still afraid of the people of lower niger. Remember king jaja of opobo.

They gave power to the north because they can easily manipulate them to their favour then. I dont know about now. I just hope buhari will not do their will as gej rejected their will.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Three Die After Protesting Over Oyo Market Inferno / 2023: Yahaya Bello Dumps Presidential Bid, Lobbies APC Leaders For VP Slot / Landlord Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Defiling Two Daughters Of Tenant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.