Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,391 members, 7,819,403 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards (67188 Views)

The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience / Memory Cards (SD) Not Detected On Mobile Phones Solved / How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by koyla: 7:37am On Aug 11, 2015
Real....

Wholesale Original LD Micro SD Card Memory Card Microsd Mini Sd Card 4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB/64GB Class 6 Class 10 Drop Shipping - Wholesale Original LD Micro SD Card Memory Card Microsd Mini Sd Card 4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB/64GB Class 6 Class 10 Drop Shipping
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Wholesale-Original-LD-Micro-SD-Card-Memory-Card-Microsd-Mini-Sd-Card-4GB-8GB-16GB-32GB/32300198991.html
(from AliExpress Android)
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by AdeZrael: 12:34am On Nov 05, 2015
i've been using one 8 gig sd card i bougth from jumia for a year plus now, working perfectly ..but since wen i bougth d new infinix hot2 .. i felt i needed some real space so i decided to replace it wit a 16 gig sd card.....i went to buy 2 16gig adv. SD cards from Alaba @ d rate of 1,700 each for myself and a friend of mine.. I inserted d SD card, it displayed 14.9 G .. I felt it was kk. Not until I started loading it wif apps and my phone started misbehaving .. I later realized that d second sd card of my friend is working perfectly fine on his Tecno J7 .. so I tried using did same SD card another tecno android n it was working perfectly fine .. I inserted d old 8gig back to my hot2 n d phone came back to its senses... .. now, I dunno what to do ..is it dat my device is selective or what?
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by TheWeirdOne(m): 1:16pm On Jan 06, 2016
Pls don't buy anything from a user name GadgetTrends on Konga or Jumia, their flash drives are fake as shit, I bought 64gb flash that has OTG with it(thats how i susppected fake) and the package is so fake, after 30 minutes of transferring 13.6gb to it (my 16gb flash can transfer 14 gib in 5 minutes) many files where missing and corrupted, and I now used a program to check real size if the flash, lo and behold it was 10gb. I felt so angry, so i contacted the guy and he said he'll send me a new one, he now sent me a picture of the flash drive he wanted to give me, my people it's just the same one he gave me but instead of HP on the body it was Samsung. I just gave up.

Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by just2endowed: 11:32am On Jul 12, 2016
just2endowed:

Yes am glad I was able to throw an insight about this device.

Another way to determine how genuine a card is, is to download an app on Google play store called sdcard analyser. It can be use to check on writing speed also because it tell how the card manage its space and how it write and rewrite files. So if a card is fake and they tell u its class 10. The writing speed must be more than 10mb/s or appropriately 10mb/s. So even when u buy a card that claims to be class 10,u still need to watch out if its not class for u are buying. U know, The highest the class, The highest the speed, The higher the performance on ur phone and other device.

Another physical way of knowing genuine qualitites is that, original cards have serial number written on the side of the card.

still a noted message
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by techsparkhub: 10:56am On Aug 08, 2016
Anyone in ikeja or ikorodu here that sells genuine memory CArd
Not fake
I want to buy
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by nani667: 12:19pm On Aug 08, 2016
I have an Original 128GB Micro SD Card for sale if anyone is interested.... Very original, ordered it from Amazon... Location is Lagos, Call or WhatsApp 08136878181 if you're interested smiley

Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by just2endowed: 10:17pm On Aug 11, 2016
techsparkhub:
Not fake
I want to buy

Contact me
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by techsparkhub: 10:41am On Aug 17, 2016
just2endowed:

Contact me

location and number on whatsapp
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by wilnaira(m): 11:18am On Aug 17, 2016
This is an easy and sure way to know a fake SD card. Read it at http://www.nairabit.com/2016/08/how-to-know-fake-memory-or-sd-card.html

Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by Zalam5: 11:21am On Oct 12, 2016
Phinagold:
I bought a nokia phone from Slot. The phone itself was fake, fake charger, fake earpiece and fake battery inside. They sold it as Original. The only thing that is Original about the phone is the carton. The phone started malfunctioning from day one. I cant advice anyone to go there to get original stuff. For those of u saying Slot
I no Wonder because there's a fake human being on this Earth. reputable person gan scarce
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by oneclot: 6:08am On Oct 13, 2016
Don't buy memory cards or phones sold by the boys hawking them on the road side at Ikeja. You will only regret and hardly get a refund. Rather buy from a reputable shop. Or better still go to a shop that sells only cameras with its accessories and buy your memory card from them.
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 13, 2016
Avoid those guys selling by the roadside @ computer village
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by Liwenjing(m): 8:54pm On May 23, 2017
Contact me if you need world class memory card. It passes American and European Quality check and not like all other Memory cards faked and shipped to Africa especially Nigeria. It is real-capacity memory card. A trial will convince you and you get more people for me. Whatsapp 09079339525
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by macbenal: 7:53am On Jun 12, 2017
Order from us your wholesale memory cards and playbook charger. All are original with the best quality and we give out at a very good price. Watsapp or call :08033243100.

Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by Mikee19(m): 3:14pm On Jun 20, 2017
tartar9:
a class 10 32gig for 2400 naira sad

I bought a 32gb class 10 Advance memory card yesterday in ibadan... Passed all the tests for speed and capacity I put it through... and it cost me #3,500! I was so scared before buying this mem card, that I couldn't believe it! Most people here keep talking about the price an original should cost... Someone said 4k in lag and 5k outside lag, and other shops where I first checked around to buy said same thing, that I won't get an original memory card in ibadan for lower than 5k, that if I saw any I should run for dear life! And these also were not what would be considered by many as "reputable stores" like was suggested here to shop from. It also wasn't a store dealing in camera stuff. It was just a store! Also most people here had spoken about there being too many fake Advance memory cards that it's no longer advisable to buy them anymore!

Hence I was noticeably scared when the seller quoted #3,500 for the SD, I told him how I'd been disappointed several times and he assured me he was sure of that one, and even brought out a "fake" one for comparison, though I admit I didn't see that much of a difference btw them! But he persuaded me, saying he'd give me warranty, that as long as the memory card still looked neat, he'd replace it if it went bad! I reasoned that if he was honest about what he was saying about the warranty, and not just trying to get me to buy and turn around later, he would let me test it in my phone before paying. So I asked him, and he agreed!

Well the only thing I knew to test memory cards with was Sd insight (android app). Now it doesn't actually test memory cards, it just reads the information on it to the you the device info like the manufacturer, actual size, serial num, etc. When I used it on the SD, it said "origin is unknown", displaying no other info for it except that it was 32gb and manufactured in April 2017! I was even more scared then, and told him I wasn't buying! He was a bit annoyed at this point, saying he was very sure of it that he allowed me test it to be sure myself, that if he wasn't he won't have let me! Then he took it from me.

That kinda touched me, so I decided to give it a shot, and take him up on his words. I told him I'll take it and that he must make good his promise on the warranty. He didn't even really reply me anymore; he was just nodding. I took the memory card and checked for the serial number at the back of it like was suggested here on this thread, and tried scratching it slightly to see if it was printed or etched into the card. It didn't feel quite smooth, felt etched into it. Then I paid him.

IMMEDIATELY I got home I began running the tests further on it (saw them on this thread and while googling). I ran FakeFlashTest. Finished without errors! Ran it again, still same thing. Ran H2testw, finished without errors as well again! Ran it a second time, still same thing. But it indicated the write speed as 7.50MB/s, which was low, although the read speed was fast, 61MB/s. i reasoned that the relatively slow speed (class 10 memory cards should be at least 10MB/s) was due to it being connected to a usb 2.0 port and not a usb 3.0 one, so I decided to test directly on my phone. I used the app A1 SD Bench. It gave me write speeds of 19MB/s! I've been really delighted!

Amazing thread! Helped me in real life to purchase a good memory card. So we can dispel common myths about the price, store, etc. You could follow my approach to get the warranty, and anyone who's truly honest will let you test it after giving the warranty (after all he intends to collect it back if not working properly right? Why not immediately you test it?). You could then use SD insight to check for manufacturer info, run the two tests on FakeFlashTest (they are way faster than H2testw, the longest took me a few secs, and they're almost as accurate as using H2Testw). Running H2Testw took me about 1hr 20 mins, so if it passes initial tests, you can run that at home. Also test the speed of the SD card using A1 SD Bench. All that, apart from H2Testw can be done in the store. Don't forget the physical checks of the serial number on the sd card as well... it should be etched into the card, rather than printed (the first you do when you open the sd card in the store!)

Basically if an SD doesn't lie about its size and it's true class, I see no reason to think it lied about anything else!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by HarveyDeven: 10:47pm On Jun 20, 2017
If possible, examine the box and the card itself a bit. If you're a bit into technology, you can easily spot a low quality product and see that it's a fake.
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by Nicoj: 5:00pm On May 15, 2019
am tired of buying fake sd card
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by Nicoj: 5:03pm On May 15, 2019
Ur subjection ar nt helping
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by olatayo8296(m): 12:58pm On Jun 22, 2019
nani667:
SanDisk is still the best... You just have to purchase from a reliable source ✔✔
. .how much did you bought the 128gb and do you know how much 64gb & 32 GB original is sold?
where did you bought it?
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by uniqflames(m): 5:15pm On Jun 22, 2019
When you buy a 32g memory card try send a file of 25g to it, if the file or folder compresses well it is OK.
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by uniqflames(m): 7:12pm On Jun 22, 2019
techsparkhub:
Not fake
I want to buy
I sell original sandisk
16g class 10 =2500
16g class 4 =2000
32g class 10 = 3500
32g class 4 =3000
Contact me on 080 three five eight two 30 seven 4
Location ikeja
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by vutramanh(f): 4:11am On Jul 06, 2019
Thank you for sharing this data. Really increase in value the way you have describe everything in this article. Keep up the decent work.
hotmail
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by Gisthaphy(f): 2:06pm On Aug 11, 2019
sanandreas:
Buy tucas memory card.
That memory card is not nice at all. It fries up quickly.
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by optimistcandyboy(m): 2:13pm On Oct 18, 2022
eckersley:

Check your mail

First, at different times, I've dealt and sub-distributed memories(memory cards, flash drives, hard disks, RAMs) for LG,HP, SANDISK, ADATA, etc but currently deal with Transcend.
I've been in this business of memories for over 10yrs SO U CAN TRUST ME ON THIS.
I give customers 1 yr warranty for every product purchased.

Second, disregard the following:
Good memory card NECESSARILY have to be costly
Reason: The fake m.card sellers know this misconception so hike the price of d fakes to lend originality to them.

2. The smaller the size of d m.card, d more durable.
This is fallacious
Reason: Durability is a function of originality.
The average memory has a lifespan of 5yrs.
By that I mean if used continuously ( 24/7)

NOW TO THE CRUX OF THE MATTER
-------------------------------------------------------------
Always buy cards of higher classes.
In Ng, we commonly hv classes 4, 10 and 12
The higher d class, the faster the speed with wch data is saved to and retrieved/read from the card.
E.g it will take a longer time to copy a 10mb file to a class 4 card than a class 10 card.
Hence u will hear ppl say d m.card dey slow.
For a given m. Card size (e.g 8gb) d one of a higher class is considerably (not outrageously) costlier than its lower class counterpart.
So a class 12 8gb card will cost more than a class 10 8gb memory card.

THE CLASS OF D CARD IS WRITTEN AS A NUMBER PLACE INSIDE d LETTER U.
So on a class 4 mem card, u will see d number 4 written inside capital letter U.

U can tell an original m. Card in 3 ways
First,
1. By d quality of print on d card.
On d frontside of a Transcend card, for example, the same word will be printed, also d size of d card is printed. Eg. Transcend 4gb is printed.
So Is it d print smudged ('peeling')?
Are some texts darker/bolder than d others?
For an original card, the prints and their edges r sharp, uniform, are not 'peeling'. all texts are of d same print clarity.

2. Turn the back of d card.
This side has gold lines and is d side that sometimes carry a gold chinko-like sticker (people mistake for originality)
The gold sticker is NOT the sign of originality.
For an original card, TWO THINGS ARE ETCHED into the card.
One: Made in Taiwan(or any other country)
Two: the serial number of d card.

NOTE: I said ETCHED, NOT PRINTED in white paint
That is, the above information is 'scratched/scrapped' into the card as if with a needle/sharp object.
So if u scratch this info wt ur nails, u k feel it is written into the card so it's rough and not smooth

NOTE: If all u see is a gold color sticker, the card is fake. U don't need to c Ds sticker ( Transcend m.cards, for example, do nt carry ds sticker)

If d serial number and country of manufacture are printed and note etched, the card is fake.

If the two info pieces r absent, the card is fake.

Method 3
----------------
Here, the card is connected to a sys, this method is technical and will require a video or lengthy and highly illustrated tutorial.
And that's not sth I can do here.

But the two methods above, especially method 2 will more than suffice in procuring a memory card.

Also any original memory seller like my humble self, should be CONFIDENT enuf to give u a 100% warranty shd u ask.
So ask for at least a 1yr warranty.
By 100% i mean, shd d card be returned, the seller checks for physical damage- scratches, burns, damage by water etc- and if all r absent should replace the card at NO COST and 1yr warranty shd starts counting on d new card.

For (bulk) purchases n further info, PM me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night / Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Official Discussion Thread / GLO New Cheap Data Plans & Prices (2GB For N1,000)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.