Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,407 members, 7,830,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Arik And Cancellation - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Arik And Cancellation (1426 Views)

Arik And Aero Are Cowboy Airlines - Insider / Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport / Customers React As ARIK Airlines Cancels Flights Unexpectedly (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arik And Cancellation by paslinda: 12:36am On May 02, 2015
Arik air cancelled their London to Lagos flight, passengers devastated. Thank GOD I went to the airport with my aunty would ve been stranded. Arik wetin dey happen?
Re: Arik And Cancellation by worry357: 7:56am On May 02, 2015
You all book the cheapest flight with an airline that IS KNOWN to have problems with finance and reliability.
Then come posting here waa, waa, waa, embarassed
It's YOUR fault. It is not possible that you were unaware of the risk.
Stop bleating and crying.

2 Likes

Re: Arik And Cancellation by bebe2(f): 8:29am On May 02, 2015
worry357:
You all book the cheapest flight with an airline that IS KNOWN to have problems with finance and reliability.
Then come posting here waa, waa, waa, embarassed
It's YOUR fault. It is not possible that you were unaware of the risk.
Stop bleating and crying.

They will see go bankrupt.

With new EU laws requiring all airlines to compensate passengers when there is delay, dat will be the end of ArikAir.

Except in naija sha, they can keep on doing domestic and treat pple like crap.

2 Likes

Re: Arik And Cancellation by worry357: 9:03am On May 02, 2015
People have a choice, they all know the situation.
Book with Arik and accept delays (and stop moaning about it.)
Or book with a better airline, paying more for a better service!

1 Like

Re: Arik And Cancellation by claremont(m): 10:15am On May 02, 2015
You can claim for compensation from Arik as a previous poster suggested. The EU laws clearly state that in the event that a flight that leaves from an EU member country airport to anywhere in the world is cancelled or delayed, compensation MUST be paid to the passengers.
Re: Arik And Cancellation by worry357: 11:57am On May 02, 2015
claremont:
You can claim for compensation from Arik as a previous poster suggested. The EU laws clearly state that in the event that a flight that leaves from an EU member country airport to anywhere in the world is cancelled or delayed, compensation MUST be paid to the passengers.
You are trying to be too clever!
To make a claim under EU laws the claimant would need to do it through European courts, with European lawyers.
Do you believe that someone from Nigeria who books the cheapest failed airline has the funds abd knowledge to do this?

1 Like

Re: Arik And Cancellation by claremont(m): 1:51pm On May 02, 2015
worry357:

You are trying to be too clever!
To make a claim under EU laws the claimant would need to do it through European courts, with European lawyers.
Do you believe that someone from Nigeria who books the cheapest failed airline has the funds abd knowledge to do this?

A claim for compensation does not require any funds or legal expertise. A simple email to the airline involved should suffice; in the event that the airline delays payment, there are organisations in all EU countries that are ready to take the airline to the cleaners for free.
Re: Arik And Cancellation by angelllla(f): 4:46pm On May 03, 2015
To be honest,I don't think I have ever come across an airline as useless as Arik air in my entire existence. I just got back from Abuja airport totally frustrated! I missed my flight at 1pm and I wanted to reschedule to 3pm, after spending 1 frustrating hour on the queue (with the Arik staff attending to only one person without success within this time), the Arik staff just announced that he had closed and could not attend to us anymore and we should wait for those on afternoon shift. By this time it was already 2 o clock and he said this in such an unapologetic manner like the tickets we had were handed out for free and not paid for! After waiting some more, the lady who attended to me eventually said 'the cashiers are not around, as such, there is no way she can reschedule my flight as she is not allowed to collect cash' (Apparently there had been a high request for refunds and the cashiers had left as they claimed there was no money to pay to those seeking refunds and preferred to stay away for fear of being attacked if they told passengers there was no cash). I'm like 'so what should I do?' and she goes 'I don't know'. I was so so frustrated and I'm thinking what kind of airline is this! Do they know the first thing about customer service! Who does this to her customers! I have had to come back home and I have vowed to say NEVER AGAIN TO ARIK! I cannot be treated like this for a paid service! This airline is the most expensive among the local airlines so it's not like its free. To be given this treatment just a week after delaying me for 6 grueling hours in Lagos airport last week Sunday without any apology or explanation for the delay is totally unacceptable! I can go on and on! The airline staff all need an intensive training course on customer service as it is obvious they will push themselves and their employer out of the market if they continue in this manner!

(1) (Reply)

Very Urgent / Having Issues With South Africa Visa / Truck Driver Conveying Sachet Water Crashed Into A Range Rover After Suffering B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.