Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,695 members, 7,809,622 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport (13242 Views)

Two Airplanes Collide At Lagos Airport / Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport / Man Who Climbed Azman Aircraft At Lagos Airport Is From Niger Republic - FAAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport by ajbf: 8:36am On Dec 29, 2016
Arik Air’s United States and South Africa-bound passengers, who were stranded due to bad weather condition, on Wednesday disrupted the airline’s services at the international wing of the Murtala Muhammed Airport in Lagos.

The airline’s members of staff at a point abandoned their duty posts as the passengers became uncontrollable.

Arik, like other domestic airlines, has been unable to fly its international passengers to their destinations since Tuesday, December 27, thereby creating a backlog.

The development is coming barely a day after the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority sanctioned the airline for violating passengers’ rights and contravening the provisions of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Regulations.

It was gathered that since Monday, Arik Air had not been able to operate flights to London, New York in the United States and Johannesburg in South Africa.

Passengers lamented that despite the backlog and the inability of the airline’s flights to depart for these destinations, Arik’s officials at the international terminal sold tickets to unsuspecting passengers.

As of Wednesday afternoon, the airline had not airlifted its London-bound passengers, while its Johannesburg passengers were still waiting.

In a reaction, Arik’s spokesperson, Adebanji Ola, said the airline had ferried an aircraft back from the John F. Kennedy Airport to fly its Lagos-New York passengers.

He said that due to the damage to its Boeing A330-200 aircraft by a ground-handling company at the JFK airport a few days ago, the airline had to charter a B767-300ER aircraft from a European charter operator to minimise the disruption and inconvenience to booked passengers on its Lagos-New York service.

He said, “This arrangement was put in place to cover for the period until the return to service of our A330-200 aircraft on December 28, 2016.

“The Lagos-New York flight, which was scheduled to be operated by the charter company and depart Lagos on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 at 11:00am, could not operate due to the closure of the airspace for several hours due to bad weather. Despite the airline’s repeated appeals to the charter operator to operate the next fight, they insisted on positioning their crew and aircraft back to Europe on Wednesday, December 28, 2016.”

He said Arik immediately commenced the ferry back of its A330-200 aircraft from New York to Lagos on Wednesday, and that the aircraft was expected to arrive Lagos today (Thursday).

“Passengers originally booked on Arik Air’s flight W3 107 on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 from Lagos to New York JFK will now be accommodated to travel on Thursday, December 29, 2016 at 06:00am,” Ola added

http://punchng.com/passengers-disrupt-ariks-services-lagos-airport/
Re: Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport by malele(m): 8:40am On Dec 29, 2016
Good country filled with useless people

1 Like

Re: Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport by doublewisdom: 8:42am On Dec 29, 2016
Good one . Arik is very insensitive to its customers.

3 Likes

Re: Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport by helphelp: 8:59am On Dec 29, 2016
Arik again....

Meanwhile, no be me go follow una enter A330-200 aircraft when it returns

5 Likes

Re: Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport by Omudia11: 8:59am On Dec 29, 2016
Mtcheeew
Re: Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport by Okundaye4(m): 8:59am On Dec 29, 2016
I never expect them to stop selling tickets anyway, but they could have inform the passengers about the situation on ground.

2 Likes

Re: Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport by three: 8:59am On Dec 29, 2016
ARIK seems to be backed by powerful interests spanning PDP/APC....
their matter seems unsolvable. impunity is rancid...

imagine a whole Minister of Aviation 'tweeting complaints' and nothing happens!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport by jericco1(m): 9:00am On Dec 29, 2016
arik now a nightmare
Re: Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport by Maslow80: 9:00am On Dec 29, 2016
Dedicated to all lovers of peace in the house.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:00am On Dec 29, 2016
ajbf:

Arik, like other domestic airlines, has been unable to fly its international passengers to their destinations since Tuesday, December 27, thereby creating a backlog.

The development is coming barely a day after the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority [/b]sanctioned the airline for violating passengers’ rights and contravening the provisions of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Regulations.

[b]Passengers lamented that despite the backlog and the inability of the airline’s flights to depart for these destinations, Arik’s officials at the international terminal sold tickets to unsuspecting passengers.

Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority please their fine should be that that should compensate the passengers they have cheated.

@ bolded na Arik way no be today. Something need to be done
Re: Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport by DONSMITH123(m): 9:01am On Dec 29, 2016
malele:

including you?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport by policy12: 9:01am On Dec 29, 2016
Re: Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport by passyhansome(m): 9:01am On Dec 29, 2016
Am glad you know that people that gave a fucck went that way

Re: Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport by pretydiva(f): 9:10am On Dec 29, 2016
Arik again. I taya 4 dis people sef undecided

1 Like

Re: Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport by Adebayowest: 9:10am On Dec 29, 2016
Last two month i was coming from Australia via South Africa to lagis guys if you see interior of arik air? I was like wat a f ck. Window shade broken some could not be closed, passengers screen wasn't working, Underlay airpipe was visible close to passanger seat. A lot o. I had to call my freinds in Australia not to risk their life using arik. They lack maintenance. See now they've been sanction cos of their lack of maintenance. Its not whether issue at all. My freind is in South Africa now as we speak, he coukd not fly to Lagos and he was coming from Australia o. Can whether affected people flying out of lagos to united state and same lthi f from another country? No be whether at all.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport by Larrykaysail(m): 9:15am On Dec 29, 2016
ajbf:
Arik Air’s United States and South Africa-bound passengers, who were stranded due to bad weather condition, on Wednesday disrupted the airline’s services at the international wing of the Murtala Muhammed Airport in Lagos.

The airline’s members of staff at a point abandoned their duty posts as the passengers became uncontrollable.

The development is coming barely a day after the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority sanctioned the airline for violating passengers’ rights and contravening the provisions of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Regulations.

It was gathered that since Monday, Arik Air had not been able to operate flights to London, New York in the United States and Johannesburg in South Africa.

Passengers lamented that despite the backlog and the inability of the airline’s flights to depart for these destinations, Arik’s officials at the international terminal sold tickets to unsuspecting passengers.

As of Wednesday afternoon, the airline had not airlifted its London-bound passengers, while its Johannesburg passengers were still waiting.

In a reaction, Arik’s spokesperson, Adebanji Ola, said the airline had ferried an aircraft back from the John F. Kennedy Airport to fly its Lagos-New York passengers.

He said that due to the damage to its Boeing A330-200 aircraft by a ground-handling company at the JFK airport a few days ago, the airline had to charter a B767-300ER aircraft from a European charter operator to minimise the disruption and inconvenience to booked passengers on its Lagos-New York service.

He said, “This arrangement was put in place to cover for the period until the return to service of our A330-200 aircraft on December 28, 2016.

“The Lagos-New York flight, which was scheduled to be operated by the charter company and depart Lagos on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 at 11:00am, could not operate due to the closure of the airspace for several hours due to bad weather. Despite the airline’s repeated appeals to the charter operator to operate the next fight, they insisted on positioning their crew and aircraft back to Europe on Wednesday, December 28, 2016.”

He said Arik immediately commenced the ferry back of its A330-200 aircraft from New York to Lagos on Wednesday, and that the aircraft was expected to arrive Lagos today (Thursday).

“Passengers originally booked on Arik Air’s flight W3 107 on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 from Lagos to New York JFK will now be accommodated to travel on Thursday, December 29, 2016 at 06:00am,” Ola added

. Danfo airline, crazy staffs with poor customer services
Re: Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport by ajbf: 9:15am On Dec 29, 2016
I am telling, nobody cares in this country.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport by justicejay(m): 9:22am On Dec 29, 2016
Not concerned.

But wait ooo, no be the same airline Yinka Ayefele avertise some years ago in one of his song dey hit FP everyday with bad news?

Even though I still say
Ko Kan Aye
Re: Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport by fkdmods: 9:24am On Dec 29, 2016
malele:

That is an oxymoron. You can't have a good country when only useless people dwell in it. I commend you though for recognizing that a majority of Nigerians are useless. If only there were more of you.

2 Likes

Re: Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport by Swiftboy(m): 9:38am On Dec 29, 2016
It's a terrible experience with ArikaiR for my Bros...My Brother is still looking for his luggage with them. They are the worst of all airline ever!
Re: Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport by iAlvini(m): 9:42am On Dec 29, 2016
Re: Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 29, 2016
So are you not one of those people that the country is filled with?
malele:
Re: Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport by ademoladeji(m): 9:57am On Dec 29, 2016
doublewisdom:
Good one . Arik is very insensitive to its customers.

So, they should either fly a faulty aircraft or fly through bad weather?

Your definition of insensitivity should be too safety conscious.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport by texazzpete(m): 9:58am On Dec 29, 2016
passyhansome:
Am glad you know that people that gave a fucck went that way

Nairaland is overrun with children these days. Did you clowns just discover this meme?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport by passyhansome(m): 10:00am On Dec 29, 2016
texazzpete:

Nairaland is overrun with children these days. Did you clowns just discover this meme?

Talk to the Finger
Re: Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport by alexiej(m): 10:22am On Dec 29, 2016
Arik Air reminds me of NITEL and NEPA/PHCN... So useless and irresponsible.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 11:37am On Dec 29, 2016
And I'm planning on travelling with Arik from lagos to SA in a week time,. Tanks for this news.

Plz someone should suggest a better airline for me..
Re: Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport by bigerboy200: 11:39am On Dec 29, 2016
me fly arik never.. would prefer to spend 100k extra than fly that disappointment called arik ..
Re: Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport by talktimi(m): 11:50am On Dec 29, 2016
grin Arik can delay peoples destiny sef
Re: Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport by Originalsly: 12:13pm On Dec 29, 2016
three:
ARIK seems to be backed by powerful interests spanning PDP/APC....
their matter seems unsolvable. impunity is rancid...

imagine a whole Minister of Aviation 'tweeting complaints' and nothing happens!!
I do agree... 100%... Arik can only get away with what the FG allows them to. A change can only come about by force... when passengers either begin to damage their planes... or faster if they cause such disruption at the airport that airline's like Emirates cannot operate smoothly or operate period. Arik passengers should always have at least one rotten eggs on standby... just in case.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Five Die As Trailer Crashes Into Commercial Bus In Edo / Weather Forecast Across Nigeria Today / FAAN Apologises Over Faulty Escalators At Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.