Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife (21333 Views)

"Nnamdi Kanu’s Bail Conditions Too Stringent" – Ikedife, Amechi / I Visited Buhari In London, But I Won’t Talk About His Health – Amosun / Reasons South-East Senators Visited Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by africanusvu(m): 10:17am On May 02, 2015
madamoringo:
Short sighted beggarly people only deserve crumbs of course! Or, what should the people who worked hard, against every odds to be successful get versus the lazy, incompetent and cynical Beastafars who put their lives in a sinking boat to deny Nigeria progress and change? Give Onu, Okorocha, Ngige and the other ibo person there some portfolio, pay their allocations and whatever need to be done constitutionally, but that is all. This people will do anything to sabotage Nigeria in order to keep crying for the Beastafar country and hope APC, Buhari and other Nigerians follow their bad advice which is meant to set a trap for them all the way. I say Buhari and Nigerians be wary of these people of herd mentality, whose inferiority complex drive to paranoia on a per second basis!
I don't care ur tribe but u coment is characteristics of Yoruba,God knws at neutral ground,and igbos and yorubas ar abandoned to survive witout gvt intervention,every nig living or dead can easily predict hw it will go,when igbos igbos voted massively for ur brother Obasanjo in 1999 when u never gave him vote,u neva called us politically blind and even when he enters,and marginalised us,what was d result,see,dude,dnt celebrate yet,we igbos av notin,I repeat notin to loose,No regret watsoever,if we av such chance again tomorow,we wld stil repeat our action,take time and pay a visit to some igbo villages,compare d structures u will see to the ones u hav in ur western nig cities,I mean igbo villages not cities,then tell me if igbos ar surviving or not,Coward yorubaman,let see hw this Hausa/fulani_Yoruba alliance ends,we ar watching enjoy,I don beter for u naaa

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by Nobody: 10:18am On May 02, 2015
sometimes diplomacy is better than brute force... everything is not by force...
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by QuotaSystem: 10:19am On May 02, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^I swear, it's these beggarly greedy and selfish old fools that are our biggest problem!

Our only option as a people is to either agitate for a true fiscally compliant federation, a confederation, or everybody should go answer their papa name.....simple! Not all this stupid going to beg a Fulani man not to forget Igbos! I mean, have they no shame!? These people they're going to 'beg' are the very same people that have hated, marginalized and murdered Ndigbo......and there's no sign that they're remorseful for their past actions, yet some old fools are going to 'plead' with these very same people 'not to forget Igboland'!

Since the end of the uncivil war, we've had bastard sons and daughters like these fools that have done exactly what these knobheads are doing today, yet where has it left us as a region compared to others in attracting 'federal attention and projects'!? People that hate you will continue to hate you, so you better wise-up and fight for true freedom and not all this nonsense they're asking Buhari for!

Fools!!

You have gone from insulting Buhari to insulting your elders. We warned you guys, shame.
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by zendy: 10:19am On May 02, 2015
tupacshakur:

You couldn't spell the word "illiterate" correctly and you dare call a retired General, who rose through the ranks of the Nigerian Army an "illiterate".

I'm very sure your Father is not as literate as Buhari...

Oloshi!

Well if your here to check who crosses their Tee's and dotes their i's, or who forgot add an 'e', save your self the trouble and buy a newspaper.
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by africanusvu(m): 10:25am On May 02, 2015
God knows dat d worse thing any nigeria gvt can do to igbos is banning importation,even at that,it will still tell on every one nigerian,when that happens as it happens during first Buhari admin,we igbos must survive cos in every sitruation igbo man must hav his way,the only thing we need frm them is second nigeria bridge which all nigeria will use,then leave us to develop our land as we ar already doing,no regret untill tomorow
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by bogolobango(m): 10:27am On May 02, 2015
What abt republic of biafra leave my country nigeria alone
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by Ayus34(m): 10:27am On May 02, 2015
CountDracula:
Who cares?
Ur leaders does.....unlike a nobody like you.....even if u hug transformer no one cares about the outcome!

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by saintandsinnerz: 10:30am On May 02, 2015
madamoringo:
Short sighted beggarly people only deserve crumbs of course! Or, what should the people who worked hard, against every odds to be successful get versus the lazy, incompetent and cynical Beastafars who put their lives in a sinking boat to deny Nigeria progress and change? Give Onu, Okorocha, Ngige and the other ibo person there some portfolio, pay their allocations and whatever need to be done constitutionally, but that is all. This people will do anything to sabotage Nigeria in order to keep crying for the Beastafar country and hope APC, Buhari and other Nigerians follow their bad advice which is meant to set a trap for them all the way. I say Buhari and Nigerians be wary of these people of herd mentality, whose inferiority complex drive to paranoia on a per second basis!
When a cheap dirty wh.ore talks you will know. Useless woman from a useless family! Will any of your dirty family member be able to race the shoe string of an average Igbo man? Jog along slut
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by Gbawe: 10:31am On May 02, 2015
zendy:

The problem with your write up is that you don't seem to understand that not all of us see our selves as Nigerians. What is a Nigerian except a west-African who subscribes to an 'colonial identity' foisted on him by a British profiteer called Lugard? You have no country as at yet.

And the problem with people like you is that you do not understand that there are ways to show you don't see yourselves as Nigerians which would make others take you seriously. You understand the saying "charity begins at home"? Why , if serious about your wish to reject and move away from the rest of us, do you not insularly remain in your domain and make it a microcosm of the separate "great" nation you claim you want and are capable of building?

What would make other Nigerians and indeed the entire world take you seriously more than this? Others have done it in history so why can't you achieve same if sincere ? Yet you come here daily telling us all other Nigerians are your problem and are the groups "holding you" back meanwhile your nomadic lifestyle, typified by your readiness to go anywhere in search of wealth and prosperity, mark you out as confused, hateful and hypocritical.

If you do not feel Nigerian, and if this is truly a general feeling of your ethnic group all Igbos adhere to as a matter of principle, why not begin showing us you mean business by shunning interaction with the rest of Nigeria to make Ebonyi, Anambra, Abia, ENugu, Imo et al superlative models of how Igbos can create paradise in any space they are completely free to define? Or are you not free to define your space as you wish? Yet why do you leave your domain in droves to adopt the language and culture of others only to turn around and say those same people you willingly travelled to live with hold you back? I will never take your kind seriously as long as the real actions of Igbos on the ground show they need other Nigerians more than the other way round.

Good Nigerians, to include Igbos, are sick of the hypocrisy of bitter individuals like you who are unwilling to let go of the past. The way forward is very simple. You don't "feel Nigerian" then stay away from Nigerians completely. Don't trade with them, don't migrate to where they live and don't interact with them socially. You have the States to enable you to do this, i.e keep to yourselves. We are all sick of your bitter diatribe where you hypocritically say you want your own Country and that the rest of us hinder your progress yet your real nomadic lifestyles bear people like you out as confused, hateful and bigoted hypocrites.

If you and other secession-minded Igbos are genuinely intelligent and sincere then you would have realised that land borders mean nothing to resolute and 100% sincere agitators. You can create an insularly great Igbo region, irrespective of Nigeria and definitive of the "supremacist" talent you go on about non-stop, if that is genuinely what majority of Igbos want and are committed to delivering.

[size=14pt]Otherwise let go of the past and partner with the rest of us to build a great Nigeria that meets all our needs whether we are Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Fulani, Ijaw et al.[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by olalat(m): 10:35am On May 02, 2015
[quote author=zendy post=33338002].

Nigeria can break because told you so? The soviet Union broke up,Sudan bike up, even our Colonial master Britain almost lost Scotland last year. But it is 55 year old Nigeria that can't break up? You should be asking your self why you are afraid of a break up.[/quo

See kid, the strength of Nigeria is in its diversity and size. People that can work towards division of Nigeria have a lot to loose and will never contemplate that. I don't know who u are kid, what I do know is that they can never sacrifice their investment on alter of ethnicity.
Even Jonathan that loss election that you guys are so bitter for will never try it. Do u know the number of estates him and his wife have in Abuja. Who is going to acquire that. The ex militant you guys are banking on normally come here to close down clubs, is it in bayelsa they do that? Many of your kinsmen will even prefer to nationalize their selves in other region. See, u need education.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by Nobody: 10:38am On May 02, 2015
Forget that visit, LNC is the way to go.
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by akinszz: 10:41am On May 02, 2015
AGIP things.
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by calcal: 10:41am On May 02, 2015
Igbos are not just serious people, your party lost the election, cool down, plan new strategy toward next election and stop begging - rats!

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by hassan85(m): 10:42am On May 02, 2015
ChikezieU:
some of our Leaders is a disgrace to me
apart 4m some microbic few which do u hav d choice to be proud of? Both ibolite and dia elits ve always talked more dan de can standby. Since 1966. Elementary history. No if am liein, check hw many ibos brag on NL again compair say btw 7-25 march. Then april too.
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by abouzaid: 10:44am On May 02, 2015
99.99% of igbo voters don't know who the hell is ikedife. he is nobody's leader.
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by scarffield(m): 10:45am On May 02, 2015
madamoringo:
ur stupidity works with 4G!

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by simpleseyi: 10:46am On May 02, 2015
rudedough:
Taaa... The South East supported President Goodluck Jonathan fully and we owe no one an apology. If we have 100 chances we will still vote for President Goodluck against the Fura drinking general and we don't want any appointment under his administration. No Igbo man in his right sense will work UNDER an illiterate.

Nonsense.

You are the true son of your mother, I can't say if you are of your father. Now that you have concluded that no Igbo man in his right sense will work under an illiterate Buhari, are you insinuating that all the Igbo groups that have gone to beg Buhari consist of senseless Igbos? I will suggest that you also write an open letter to Buhari that he should quickly abandon the so-called 2nd Niger bridge because you don't want a bridge built by an illeterate fura-drinking Fulani president. Also tell your Igbo brothers in the federal civil service not to collect salaries forthwith from the illiterate Fulani president.

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by klevjey: 10:46am On May 02, 2015
ruggedboy01:
FROM DAVID ONWUCHEKWA, NNEWI

Some Igbo leaders including retired Army Generals and the former President General of Ohane­ze Ndigbo, Dr Dozie Ikedife have paid a private visit to the President-elect, Gen­eral Muhammadu Buhari to make a case for the Igbo in the incoming APC-led feder­al government so that the re­gion will not be abandoned for not giving massive sup­port to the victorious party like the South West during the just concluded presiden­tial election.

Dr Ikedife who disclosed this at his Nnewi residence, yesterday, said the purpose of the visit was to appeal to General Buhari not to leave the Igbo in the cold in his ap­pointments and infrastructural development because of the low support he received from the South East geo-political zone during the presidential election.

“You know people of the South East voted heavily for the PDP and not very much for the APC. And I had always warned during the campaigns that the Igbo should not put all their eggs in one basket. And the impression will be that the President-elect was not sup­ported by the people of the South East. Our visit is to let the President-elect know that he is the President for all and that he has to accommodate people from the South East in his administration.

“We have people who are capable, qualified, hardwork­ing and technocrats who can work with him in Igbo land. We have people like the former Governor of Abia State, Dr Ogbonnaya Onu, very brilliant and very respectful. We have Oscar Udoji and other people of high integrity and dedi­cated politicians like Dr Chris Nwabueze Ngige. And there are people who worked tire­lessly for the APC to win in the South East, people who did not vie for any elective position, no matter the low number of votes they attracted because of the overwhelming South East sup­port for the PDP. It is important that these people should be ac­commodated,” Dr Ikedife said.

He noted that it was a fact that the National Executive Council (NEC) of the APC had done its zoning as to who got what, the Igbo, he insisted, should be well accommodated and not to be left to pick the crumbs.

Dr Ikedife explained that he was too old to be given any se­rious appointment, adding that his agitation was to protect the interest of his race as an Igbo leader.

He said their discussion with General Buhari did not centre on infrastructure in Igbo land, “but during the President-elect’s campaign in the South East at the last presidential campaign, I chaired one of the occasions when he visited the entrepreneurs and leaders of the economy in the South East where we presented our prima­ry needs including electricity, water, roads and the construc­tion of the 2nd Niger Bridge, and so on. We documented these things.”

On General Buhari’s reac­tion to their request, he said the President-elect was friendly and appreciated the visit but did not say outright that he was going to grant the request or not “since we did not sign any contract with him.”

He said General Buhari listened to them carefully and that the team was of the hope that in fullness of time he would react positively so that the Igbo would be carried along in the scheme of things.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=117435

no....war is what we want
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by phemmyutd(m): 10:49am On May 02, 2015
Remarkable:
Buhari needs the Igbos more than the Igbos need Buhari... if he choses to neglect the SE (or any other part of the country)... whether it will positively or negatively affect his administration or its image thereof... is any one's guess.

you must be stupid for this statement. how will he need you when he didn't need you to won the election. you like highlight sha. mumu
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by nwaanambra1(m): 10:51am On May 02, 2015
Gbawe:
Dr.Ikedife has nothing to fear. Buhari is a fair and principled man. There is nothing in his character that would allow him to marginalise or mistreat any ethnic group . In fact I suspect Buhari will be especially good to the Igbos because the General realises that old wounds must heal if Nigeria is to get the best out of all her citizens.

The truth is that Igbos can become very fond of and supportive of Buhari, despite their electoral rejection of him, if the General leads all corners of Nigeria well and assist the completion of projects important to the Igbos that the cynical and self-serving GEJ never bothered with. I think Buhari will actually go out of his way to respect and assist Igbos. I would personally, if president, because leaders must always rise above shallow sentiments to unite those they lead and foster the development of reconciliation, inclusion and peaceful coexistence that delivers socio-economic development Of a people. A Nigeria consisting of ethnic groups primed to fight and resist each other always is not good for the prospect of a great Nigeria.

THIS GUY! cool cool

U R ONE NAIRALANDER I TRULY WISH TO MEET IN PERSON!

WE NEED TO PUSH YOU INTO ACTIVE POLITICS! WE NEED PEOPLE LIKE YOU IN THE FRONT LINE OF LEADERSHIP.

YOU HAVE MY DEEPEST RESPECT ALWAYS!

MAY GOD PRESERVE YOU.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by killercute16(m): 10:53am On May 02, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
if truly you are a gal then you are a disgrace to womanhood but if you are a guy then I ll blame God why he didn't hasten your Mother's mensuration before you were fertilized
Chai!!
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by Nobody: 10:57am On May 02, 2015
killercute16:
Chai!!
kilode, the idi.ot deserves it
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by Kenistry(m): 10:58am On May 02, 2015
ruggedboy01:
Ikedife........ ur visit to gmb is for ur selfish interest sad
Am sure u read d article, ur only problm is comprehension. D sooner u work on it, d more reasonable u'll bcom.
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by chernest2002: 10:58am On May 02, 2015
Election is over let all give support to gmb so that Nigeria will get better but if election comes again as Nigeria is today i will vote gej again and again.
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by IYANGBALI: 11:10am On May 02, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
if truly you are a gal then you are a disgrace to womanhood but if you are a guy then I ll blame God why he didn't hasten your Mother's mensuration before you were fertilized
why?fr speaking out her mind or for telling you the bitter truth?igbos cannot reap where they did not sow. That's the plain bitter truth
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by TEKUTE: 11:12am On May 02, 2015
madamoringo:
ure re senseless.......u need to be rehabilitated
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by smoothralph(m): 11:15am On May 02, 2015
rudedough:
Taaa... The South East supported President Goodluck Jonathan fully and we owe no one an apology. If we have 100 chances we will still vote for President Goodluck against the Fura drinking general and we don't want any appointment under his administration. No Igbo man in his right sense will work UNDER an illiterate.

Nonsense.
An illiterate will rule u and ur entire family for at least 4 years. ...Dats a more difficult pill to swallow.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by zendy: 11:18am On May 02, 2015
Gbawe:

And the problem with people like you is that you do not understand that there are ways to show you don't see yourselves as Nigerians which would make others take you seriously. You understand the saying "charity begins at home"? Why , if serious about your wish to reject and move away from the rest of us, do you not insularly remain in your domain and make it a microcosm of the separate "great" nation you claim you want and are capable of building?

What would make other Nigerians and indeed the entire world take you seriously more than this? Yet you come here daily telling us all other Nigerians are your problem and are the groups "holding you" back meanwhile your nomadic lifestyle, typified by your readiness to go anywhere in search of wealth and prosperity, mark you out as confused , hateful and hypocritical.

If you do not feel Nigerian, and this is truly a general feeling of your ethnic group all Igbos adhere to as a matter of principle, why not begin showing us you mean business by shunning interaction with the rest of Nigeria to make Ebonyi, Anambra, Abia, ENugu, Imo et al superlative models of how Igbos can create paradise in any space they are completely free to define? Or are you not free to define your space as you wish? Yet why do you leave your domain in droves to adopt the language and culture of others only to turn around and say those same people you willingly travelled to live with hold you back? I will never take your kind seriously as long as the real actions of Igbos on the ground show they need other Nigerians more than the other way round.

Good Nigerians, to include Igbos, are sick of the hypocrisy of bitter individuals like you who are unwilling to let go of the past. The way forward is very simple. You don't "feel Nigerian" then stay away from Nigerians completely. Don't trade with them, don't migrate to where they live and don't interact with them socially. You have the States to enable you to do this, i.e keep to yourselves. We are all sick of your bitter diatribe where you hypocritically say you want your own Country and that the rest of us hinder your progress yet your real nomadic lifestyles bear people like you out as confused, hateful and bigoted hypocrites.

If you and other secession-minded Igbos are genuinely intelligent and sincere then you would have realised that land borders mean nothing to resolute and 100% sincere agitators. You can create an insularly great Igbo region, irrespective of Nigeria and definitive of the "supremacist" talent you go on about non-stop, if that is genuinely what majority of Igbos want and are committed to delivering.

Listen man,we are not in a stone-age. The "ECOWAS" embossed at the top of the Nigerian passport did not get there by mistake. It is there to encourage economic co-operation and free movement of west Africans without the need for the member nation to give up their sovereignty. This same principle applies with the European union (EU). I do not have to give up my sovereignty to do business with a Yoruba man or Hausa man. Igbos don't have to be in the same country to the Yorubas or Hausas for us to anything mutually beneficial for all. I have read on NL how some Yorubas have said that they cannot take Igbos serious about wanting there own country unless they leave Lagos and go back their homeland and I laugh. Why would anyone even think this if not to spite the Igbos? Have all the Yorubas in west Africa,Europe and America been sent back for not being citizens of their host countries? The commercial activities of Igbos in Lagos are contributing in generating revenues for not just Lagos but Nigeria as a whole but someone wants the Igbos to go because they want their own country. What will be next? You send back all the Chinese,Indians and Ghanains? How can Nigeria even send anyone back without leaving ECOWAS first. The Igbos need and want their sovereignty stolen by the British back. I do not need my destiny decided in Abuja and I certainly don't want any political Union with Yorubas or Hausas. You can't enforce your "Lord Lugardian dream" on people who don't want it. A country is by the consent of the people and not by force or fiat.

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by illiad: 11:19am On May 02, 2015
madamoringo:

Thank You Very Much!
When I see bitter people like you, already in the third phase of neurosis, my heart gladdens for the special place God has accorded the Igbo.

Pls do continue in your bitter life, for that is your duty to Igbo. A very necessary duty that have continued to see them go from height to height at the detriment of their embittered low lifers like you!

Yorubbish.
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by akigbemaru: 11:20am On May 02, 2015
igbo leaders visit Buhari
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by ruggedboy01: 11:39am On May 02, 2015
Kenistry:

Am sure u read d article, ur only problm is comprehension. D sooner u work on it, d more reasonable u'll bcom.
am the op of this thread ignoramus angry
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by Naijiant: 11:46am On May 02, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#MissNigeria2015, Pamela Peter-Vigboro Visits Wike (Photos) / $500m Abacha Loot Goes Missing; EFCC Launches Probe / Right-Sizing Of Public Service: Nasir El-Rufai Sacks 19 Political Appointees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.