Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' (34146 Views)

"The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai / Tanko Almakura And Wife, Mario At Hajj (Photos) / CHILLING: Domination Plot Of The ‘north’ Against The South East/south South Reve (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by rexbuton: 4:43pm On May 02, 2015
Ayus34:

I think u didn't know history. ....I can tell it to Ur face that the east has never support the west before and after the civil war....infact the same north u guys are rejecting today has been Ur political partner even before independence and reason Ur lord ojukwu was compensated with a ceremonial post.....even Ur warlord supported shagari and babangida....so I don't understand what I mean by seeking political assistant from you,the relationship that has never and will never exist? this will be the only time in history that a Yoruba formed party aligned with a northern party and Ur party was also invited which u refused because of Ur hatred....while azikwe aligned with NORTHERN PEOPLE'S CONGRESS,awolowo was satisfied with Action Group....so I didn't see the alliance u re talking about.....thank God same Nigeria u are tired of today,azikwe brought us into this mess despite awo going against it and even qualifying it with a mere geographical region and even suggested any aggieved region should be allow to separate without war through our constitution which Ur same son azikwe objected far there in UK,before ojukwu saw it and fought a senseless,unplanned war.......brother go back to Ur history book and not what Ur aggrieved father is telling you!

You have totally misread or misunderstood my post.. Let's stick to issues please, no insults
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by modath(f): 4:43pm On May 02, 2015
shenisaac:

Na u talk make sense for this whole thread o! *exits thread *

cheesy cheesy... Thank you...
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 02, 2015
t2luv:

Why cant we southerners just call ourselves as one like the Northern people do? Why does it have to be SW/SS/SE. We are southerns we have more than 75% of things in common, but we allow the 25% in differences to cloud our judgement. That is madness.

The 25% indifference is from the SW cos they believe they have the voting strength and number, their votes and loyalty is always at the market square waiting for the highest bidder with interesting offer...
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Ayus34(m): 4:45pm On May 02, 2015
rexbuton:

You have totally misread or misunderstood my post.. Let's stick to issues please, no insults
oh no I'm not trying to insult u,just trying throw more light into what seems hidden.....and if it seems like an insult,I'm sorry!

2 Likes

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by t2luv: 4:45pm On May 02, 2015
rexbuton:

You guys just find a way to say my mind.. I said these months back and people were saying that we were wishing Buhari death , now here is a y[b]ouruba man [/b]saying it.. Unfortunately, in modern nigeria, no none is ruler and no one is king maker.. You have a valid point being a stickler for numbers but at times the measures are different. 1 + 1 is not always 2.. It depends on the base

You really think I am Yoruba man? hummm....

1 Like

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by timothy2396(m): 4:45pm On May 02, 2015
Fooooooooools Did South East and South South vote GMB mahukachi like u pdp irinkas

1 Like

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by t2luv: 4:48pm On May 02, 2015
Equalizer:

The 25% indifference is from the SW cos they believe they have the voting strength and number, their votes and loyalty is always at the market square waiting for the highest bidder with interesting offer...

Interesting. Question, will you consider someone that agrees with you 75% of the time a friend or an enemy.

1 Like

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by emzila(m): 4:52pm On May 02, 2015
If Jonathan had won, the caption would have be how pastors, southern intellectuals incited the south against Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by internetpirate: 4:54pm On May 02, 2015
That's the pathetic aspect of it all! We claim to be educated yet the North used the simple things of the world to confound the so-called wise! Something as simple as religion!

illmatic101:
Our brothers from the south thinks otherwise, they don't know the gravity of their actions.
Meanwhile GOODLUCK REMAINS MY HERO AND A SAINT
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by benzion72(m): 4:55pm On May 02, 2015
Equalizer:

SW only play your own card of supporting North for the first time it SS and SE that always support North from 1960, check the history book Azikwe supported NPC and became first ceremonial president, Alex Ekuweme went with Shagari, Chukumerije and co backed Abacha to scuttle June 12. So you guys should try and be the opposition party and learnt how it taste. i am very sure you cant last Arthur Eze who call APC Amala and Ewedu party has gone greeting Baba

1 Like

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 02, 2015
t2luv:

Interesting. Question, will you consider someone that agrees with you 75% of the time a friend or an enemy.
I see that as a friend but not a trusted friend..GEJ took most Northern elites as trusted friends whereby they are just mere political friends whose only ambition is to return power to the north by all means cos they hated GEJ for completing Yar'dua's eight years instead of stepping down for the northern candidate to complete their eight year tenure...
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by internetpirate: 4:57pm On May 02, 2015
You have said the truth, but would it set others free? They would still come with their "Sai Buhari" chant and refuse to comprehend in the fever of their perceived win, and also because human beings always seek to hide their guilty! How many would be noble and honest enough to say "I made a mistake"?

ZKOSOSO:
I testify that the OP is correct. Very correct!
I live long enough in the north to know how muslim north think on any issue.

Islam first.
Islam second.
Tribe third.
North fourth
Islamic brotherhood of foreigners fifth
Then christians/ southerners last and most hated except they are supporting them like amaech, oyegun, ngige etc
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by rexbuton: 5:00pm On May 02, 2015
t2luv:

You really think I am Yoruba man? hummm....

ohh.. i'm sure you're not now cheesy

but it doesn't remove importance from my earlier post
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by ayoromer: 5:02pm On May 02, 2015
since 2011 wen buhari loss for d third time he incite d north n use post election vices to kill many now resulting to boko boys christain are infidel they said but christain in d west join them fasola n tinibu are muslim wen dey kill they wil hav reward for killing bring their muslim brother n d western christain join them very soon we wil see d result of their gangup can buhari rule naija he no go read or write if vp no dey.
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by t2luv: 5:03pm On May 02, 2015
Equalizer:

I see that as a friend but not a trusted friend..GEJ took most Northern elites as trusted friends whereby they are just mere political friends whose only ambition is to return power to the north by all means cos they hated GEJ for completing Yar'dua's eight years instead of stepping down for the northern candidate to complete their eight year tenure...

Jonathan was not really a politician in real sense. Regarding the 25% in differences, and how to appease the SW. Ever heard of a proverb that says "Let us pretend, and let the Crazy man think that he is the bride husband in order to get whatever we want from him"

1 Like

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by mandax: 5:03pm On May 02, 2015
About 90% of northerners made up their minds that power must return to the north.

BH aided their resolved.
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by rexbuton: 5:05pm On May 02, 2015
In fact, it's high time we stopped propagating the theory that the North is foolish.. because they are not at all
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 02, 2015
t2luv:

Jonathan was not really a politician in real sense. Regarding the 25% in differences, and how to appease the SW. Ever heard of a proverb that says "Let us pretend, and let the Crazy man think that he is the bride husband in order to get whatever we want from him"
I get your point but his aides that were suppose to be guiding him politically seems to be deceiving him rather than giving him good advises... He learnt his lessons the hard way..
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Bnladan(m): 5:10pm On May 02, 2015
hopilo:
The North needed 2015 badly, for them it was not about APC vs PDP, it was North vs South. In both parties all northerners were charged to work for a common goal. That is the power of unity.
. Whatever u dumb asses think of, God has chosen 4 Nigeria. In 2011 many northerners supported Jonathan because felt he was a true leader. He failed dem in many aspect, d worse being in-active or unwilling 2 fight wat we think as an organised rebellion against d northern population in d name of "BOKO HARAM". Many children became orphans, wives became widows, Families were disintegrated. What do u expect frm these ppl? Many of u hav neva been 2 d north. Come and see hw we embrace every ethnic group without discrimination which many of our brodas and sisters are not havn in d South east and SS. Wen d Yorubas supported GEJ in 2011, nobody was complaining. He failed dem as well. Nw dat d north and SW voted against GEJ ( a failure) Not against SS or SE, u re complaining. Ppl lyk u jst need 2 face d truth and embrace it...#onenigeria

1 Like

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Duru1(m): 5:14pm On May 02, 2015
If I were a northerner, the Yoruba in southern Nigeria shall always be counted to be taken in power play in Nigeria polity. It is humanly natural to preserve self interest. The most crude oil blocks in southern Nigeria were moronically ceded to northerners and any slightest perception to change the balance must meet unforeseen opposition from northern elders and shakers. As in the case of GEJ, the perception was as good as one can get hence to make Nigeria ungovernable, the born of Boko Haram and other riots in northern region of Nigeria were acceptable political tools. Most people from southern Nigeria are irreparable goons who have labored to retain the British blunder called Nigeria. If the crude oil were to be located in northern region of Nigerian instead of southern Nigeria, the British blunder called Nigeria would have been a history subject taught in Elementary Schools, the north would have been Islamic state and shall remain out of bound for none Muslims.

2 Likes

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by ayoromer: 5:14pm On May 02, 2015
another reason why jona lose his because d rorubas wanted power so they wanted d north vote so they want an ignorant but popular peason they can use n d cow rearer buhari was pick by tinibu a man dat fail three times witout shame at his age is better he stay in d gardern.
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by notoriousbabe: 5:15pm On May 02, 2015
It would not have happened if Gej had done the right things at the right time,now don't ask me what are those right things,we all know dem. Its too late to cry
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by AhmedMustapha(m): 5:16pm On May 02, 2015
internetpirate:
That's the pathetic aspect of it all! We claim to be educated yet the North used the simple things of the world to confound the so-called wise! Something as simple as religion!

who fed you with such lies?
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by KMJY(f): 5:17pm On May 02, 2015
segend:
People should understand the voting patterns of every region by now. The core north will always vote base on tribal and religious sentiment. The swing region in the last election was southwest, and north central. I still think if Jonathan had won these regions convincingly, he would have won the election, just like 2011. The subject for discussion should be, why did he lose southwest and north central. blaming Jonathan's lost on imams and northerners in my opinion is just passing the buck, and refusing to accept responsibility.
I am 4rm North Central so let me answer you. Jonathan lost NC not because d NC have problem with jona per say, bt because of the internal crisis that bedevilled pdp in dos states concern. For instance, in my state Plateau, d crisis starts when Gov Jang annoint a candidate dat comes 4rm d same tribe as him, ignoring d zoning formulae that were practised 4 yrs. To make it worse, he refused 2 pay workers their entitlements 4 six month. Hence, the reason 4 ppl's defection 2 APC. What happened in NC was purely a protest vote against d actions of d Governors nt GEJ

2 Likes

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by unphilaz(m): 5:20pm On May 02, 2015
modath:

God will help you people to see that Jona's undoing was his ineptitude and lackaidasical attitude to burning national issues and not any grand conspiracy.

[b]The north have always voted for GMB, the only change this time is the NC and SW who swung the pendulum.

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by t2luv: 5:25pm On May 02, 2015
Equalizer:

I get your point but his aides that were suppose to be guiding him politically seems to be deceiving him rather than giving him good advises... He learnt his lessons the hard way..

I was so angry regarding the political advices they gave the man. When Sanusi was removed from the Central Bank. I sensed right then the most expedient move to make was put someone from the SW in that position that would have checkmate the APC inroad into the PDP rank. Let the Northern Leader of the House of Rep go and join whatever party he wants. He should have find a way to put another SW person in that position. I mean the election was coming and the man didn't make any move to prepare for it. I am sorry GEJ was not a politician.
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Bnladan(m): 5:27pm On May 02, 2015
NCOIM:
Exactly!!!

This is seconded by The noble moi!!

Only the northern slaves will say otherwise

2015 Presidential Election was a northern Agenda
So,,,If you think otherwise,,, you must be sitting on a long thing
I pitty idiots lyk u. U need 2 see a doctor coz u certainly hv a mental disorder. Jst luk @ urself in d mirror and ask urself "who btw me and a northerner is a slave". Wat is it u think u offer d north? U hv d crude u idiots are boasting of, its been refined on ur soils nd u benefit little from it. Who is d slave?

1 Like

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by AhmedMustapha(m): 5:30pm On May 02, 2015
mandax:
About 90% of northerners made up their minds that power must return to the north.

BH aided their resolved.
Check the number that voted GEJ in NW/NE and check those that voted GMB in SS/SE. Then you will see who voted along ethic/religious lines

1 Like

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 02, 2015
t2luv:

I was so angry regarding the political advices they gave the man. When Sanusi was removed from the Central Bank. I sensed right then the most expedient move to make was put someone from the SW in that position that would have checkmate the APC inroad into the PDP rank. Let the Northern Leader of the House of Rep go and join whatever party he wants. He should have find a way to put another SW person in that position. I mean the election was coming and the man didn't make any move to prepare for it. I am sorry GEJ was not a politician.
GEJ assumed that he has done more feasible project in the Northern region that their votes were now assured neglecting the south cos he believe we are his people and even without doing anything for us that we will still vote for him across ethnic lines but the SW didn't buy that idea.. They went for the highest bidder who has promised to make their son VP.. In summary, GEJ is my hero but not a politician...
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Brainz31(m): 5:34pm On May 02, 2015
rexbuton:
THE SOUTH WAS CONNED..

WE HAVE LEARNT

LET US HOPE OUR INCOMING PRESIDENT DOES WELL

WE ALREADY KNOW OUR CHOICE IN THE NEXT ELECTIONS, WE DON'T EVEN NEED CAMPAIGNS
here is my message to the south only...
https://www.nairaland.com/2290091/rexbutons-message-southerners-north-modern#33345633
Did I hear u say 2d south only? Letseee if only d south can win against north. Luk am nt a notherner bt dat wasn't nice
Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by AhmedMustapha(m): 5:36pm On May 02, 2015
KMJY:
I am 4rm North Central so let me answer you. Jonathan lost NC not because d NC have problem with jona per say, bt because of the internal crisis that bedevilled pdp in dos states concern. For instance, in my state Plateau, d crisis starts when Gov Jang annoint a candidate dat comes 4rm d same tribe as him, ignoring d zoning formulae that were practised 4 yrs. To make it worse, he refused 2 pay workers their entitlements 4 six month. Hence, the reason 4 ppl's defection 2 APC. What happened in NC was purely a protest vote against d actions of d Governors nt GEJ
GMB won GEJ in oyo and osun states and these are APC states that are owing workers salary and other allowances. Why were there no protest votes? The president's incompetence led to his loss at the polls and nothing more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by kalohkaloh: 5:36pm On May 02, 2015
Jonathan should have kept to the zoning arrangement of his party to avoid this historical embarassment! The political harakiri that befell him was avoidable!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

No Igbo Person Is In Support Of IPOB Agitation For Biafra - Okorocha / President Buhari Receives Orji Uzor Kalu (Photos) / Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.